Eternal Masters spoilers when? I want to see what my friend and I are getting into when we agreed to split a box

Eternal Masters spoilers when? I want to see what my friend and I are getting into when we agreed to split a box.

I will never afford Dat FoW

Long term loss of money, trust me.

A lot of nice stuff is going to get reprinted, except for Tutors, Top, Mana Crypt, Liliana of the Veil, etc.
Basically the stuff that really needs reprinting won't be in the set.

MM2 set a bad precedent.

If you want to make your money back, at $250 a pop, you have to open a foil Wasteland or FoW. As far as the rest of the set, if you think WotC is going to put anything else of real value in EM, you are deluding yourself.

This.
Also get ready for epic draft archetypes like...
>Aggro
And
>Aggro
And
>Delver aggro (delver is however at uncommon :v)

This.

It's going to be a really expensive draft set that demand is going to be driven way up for because everyone wants the one in a million foil FoW. 98% of the cards will be unplayable in any constructed format. Hope you like gray ogres.

A friend said to buy them and hold them. Said to sell the packs back at 15 a pop to make a tidy profit.

I mean they should have learned from MM2
I mean, they must have..

right guys?

guys, please, tell me I didn't waste 250shekels for nothing

please

help me

When does it come out?

Hahahahaha
DUMB
FILTHY
RETARDED
GOY
HAHAHAHAHA

>>A lot of nice stuff is going to get reprinted

No, it won't. Anything that sees even marginal play in Legacy and Vintage is at least a couple bucks. Do you seriously think they are going to print a set where you open a pack like this: Lightning Bolt, Ponder, Counterspell, Delver, Hymn to Tourach, Baleful Strix, Gitaxian Probe, Lotus Petal, Swords to Plowshares, Spell Pierce, Fireblast, Shardless Agent, Show and Tell, and a foil Duress?

Get ready for a steaming pile of shit set, with FoW and Wasteland propped on top, all in the name of "sealed game balance and those lovely fellas who play EDH"

>"sealed game balance and those lovely fellas who play EDH"
THIS
H
I
S

And a side of "Collectors interest!

But I want these packs for EDH...

Wizards has been channeling Games Workshop for a while now. They are not in the gaming business, but rather in the collectible business. If people want to play with the cards, that's fine. The only advantage they have over WH, is that Magic is actually a good game.

Then you should be the most pissed, since they are making you pay though the nose to play a casual format

The simple fact that they shifted an Uncommon to fucking MYTHIC should tell you that it's going to be shit.

Which makes us rightfully wrathful

You don't get it. They learned from MM1 that if they put too much value in the limited print run sets, stores will just open the boxes and sell the singles for profit. Or they'll sell the packs for more than MSRP. Wizards really got burned by MM1 so they aren't going to put a lot of value in the boxes. At least the drafting will probably be fun, they'll probably have cool archetypes like storm and astral slide be playable. I expect the money mythics to be something like...
>FoW
>Jace The Wallet Sculptor
>Inkmoth Nexus
>Sneak Attack
>Demonic Tutor
>Dark Depths
>Jitte
>Rishadan Port
>Time Spiral
>Ensnaring Bridge

And even that is pushing it for value. Everything else will be shitty edh generals and limited bombs. Rares will all be worth less than 30 bucks, with most of them being trash. I expect shitty upgrades to rare of cards like...

>Top
>Cabal Therapy
>Nimble Mongoose
>Tendrils of Agony

and a bunch of other semi playables like Aluren, Grindstone, and Smokestack. This guy at my LGS keeps trying to get people to go in on a case with him and people actually buy his bullshit when he says he knows FOR SURE that each box will be covered by the wastelands and FoW's alone and that there's no way Imperial Recruiter doesn't get reprinted.

How much are Tendrils of Agony each in America?

>stores will just open the boxes and sell the singles for profit

Stores will do this anyway. Stores will ALWAYS do this. WotC needs to come to terms with the fact that most stores are run by relentless scumbags.

I remember, way way back, when FtV Exiled was released, there were three LGSs in my city.
One had 35 preorders, one hat 81 and one had 20.
The one with 35 preorders received three boxes and gave them to the first three people that preordered. The one that had 20 didn't get one.
And the one with 81 preorders received 85 and not even a single one of these was handed to customers. They all were either sold on ebay, or broken up and sold as singles.

By now this is the only LGS still selling Magic and it also has a 33% markup on every single booster. MM2 was sold for nearly fourteen bucks a piece.

Like a dollar. They'll make it rare for "limited balance" and have shit like brain freeze and empty the warrens be uncommons. They're really just doing it to bring down the value of the rares.

I would fucking torch that place

Are you in straya or what? For me there wasn't near as much scalping of MM2 as there was for MM1. Hell I can still buy a MM2 booster for like 15 bucks.

You can count on at least 3 or 4 absolute pieces of shit mythics, in the Comet Storm, Tezzeret range in MM2, and at least 4 or 5 that are meh mythics - Elesh Norn, Kiki Jiki, Primeval Titan from MM2.

Considering the amounts of pure shit they have to choose from, I expect at least 1 mega shitty multi-colored legends from Legends, and at least a crappy mythic you need a playset of, like maybe Cursed Scroll.

And they will definitely reprint StP, just so they can write a whole piece on how it is way better than Path, and that you should be glad they put it in at rare.

A dollar? Really? Here in europe they are 5-10ยข each, and Storm upped to rare for "limited" is stupid, Storm requires commitment you can't usually get in limited

They'll do it, though

>and at least a crappy mythic you need a playset of
Like Force of Will. Which has the double-insult of an uncommon up-rarity to a mythic.

That's really fucked up, all thanks to the second market

We have to insure existance for the collectionits and a future for draft format

At least, you can sell the FoW and make some money back. What about a common upped to rare, that does fuck-all as a 1-of? Chain Lightning, anyone?

Delver is complete shit in limited, even in limited.

*even at common, rather

Without proper commitment, it's shit, but a 1 cmc clock can be pretty effective

Looking at MM2 there were like 6 rares with a price tag from 20-40 bucks before reprints were announced. I predict money rares to be...

>Wasteland
>Jitte
>Stoneforge Mystic (With an equipment draft subtheme)
> maybe (hopefully) Snapcaster Mage
>Vampiric Tutor
>Sylvan Library
>Time Warp

>Why'd you do that?
>We must secure the existence of our limited and a future for collectionists value

>predict money mythics
no money rares you dumb goy

The problem is that you just can't get the kind of critical mass of spells you need to reliably flip him in a good limited deck. If he flips, sure, a flying 3/2 for one mana is great. He's only going to flip a small percentage of the time, though, and a 1/1 for 1 isn't a real card on its own.

Absolutely true

Time for a boycott.

They won't do it for limited balance, it's nigh impossible to get enough cards to make a storm deck even when there's all of the pieces laying there to be taken advantage of (rituals are the key to storm, card draw being secondary)

They'll make the storm spells rare (if they're printed at all - very doubtful) because playing storm isn't playing magic according to wotc.

No fucking way that they reprint Jitte as anything other than a mythic.

And as far as Snapcaster, it is not as popular in Legacy and Vintage, outside of Miracles and a couple of other decks. And even then, they seldom show up as a 4-of. If they put it in EM, that is proof that this is nothing but a money grab.

(As if there is any doubt. I felt stupid even writing that sentence)

Damn, that's harsh, did they say that about Storm?

Mythics are about 1 in 8 packs
Most cards that need reprinting will be at mythic, upgraded or naturally at Mythic to begin with.

We won't see any noticable drops in prices. 95% will be Draft Chaff because Wizards honestly pretends this is a drafting set when Conspiracy exists.

It is their pinnacle of a mechanic they think is "problematic". Their scale for mechanics being bad is even called the "storm scale"

Reminder dredge is 14.88 in the scale!

I hate wizards pushing limited all the time. it's literally worst format ever. this year commander product will be a limitedset if they follow that path

Being "designed for limited" isn't even a problem, its when they "design a set for limited" and then have a low-power garbage set that nobody wants to draft.

They are not pushing limited. Limited is the excuse that they give us in order to justify having only 3 or 4 playable cards per expansion. A fully powered cube is just as fun as one of these supposedly balanced sets Wizards comes up with.

Wizards sells collectibles, not a game.

Exactly. Conspiracy was made for limited, but it is still fun to draft to this day. Modern Masters 1 and 2 were both garbage draft environmemts. Vintage Masters was actually good though.

It just sucks when they use limited as an excuse to make awful sets.

I drafted MM1 once and it was fucking awesome.

whoa buddy, modern masters 1 was a fantastic draft set

mm2015 was a complete 100% failure in every measurable way

>Vintage Masters was actually good though.
ULTRA
MYTHIC
EXTRA
RARE

Yes, and? that's like getting mad at Zendikar for having Hidden Treasures. They would make the draft worse if they were even at mythic.

ULTRA
MYTHIC
EXTRA
RARE

dredge.dec is much the same, like storm or oops all spells. You're playing at the outer fringes of magic, to where you're not even really playing the actual game.

This entire set seems pointless when they still refuse to print 99% of the cards that need reprinting because "muh agreements from 20 years ago"

This. It's why I have absolutely no fucking respect or sympathy for LGS' that focus on magic. Every last one of them are scamming scumbags who sell their singles at 30% more than even SCG and shit like selling items at double to quadruple MSRP

Fuck you, Modern Masters 1 was great. MM2 was shit, though, I'll give you that.

>Thinking comet storm is a shit mythic
Ishygddt

>playing the game in a certain way isn't playing the game
Sure.

Collectors come before players to wizards. What said was very true. Wizards is in the business of producing collectibles. They really don't care much about the actual game aspect these days

>They really don't care much about the actual game aspect these days
Why do people keep repeating this dumb shit? Wizards cares a lot about Limited and Standard, because those formats drive product. Just because they don't really give a shit anymore about the secondary market driven formats like Memedern and Legacy.

Because they do a fucking awful job if they do care about those formats considering they're terrible right now and standard last format was the worst in its history

Mirrodin and Urza's Saga Standard would like to have a word with you. Siege Rhino was obnoxious, but it didn't almost kill the goddamn game.

Higher prices than any standard before it.

100 dollar staples

The game is legit unplayable for the average person these days

and yet the game is more popular than it's ever been, and is turning record profits year over year.

The problem is not limited it's the fact that they balance for limited and standard which is hard to do.Standard is the problem.

No more dumb than swallowing that company line that only crappy cards make for good limited environments. If this were the case, a fully-powered cube would be atrocious to play, and it is not

Look here kiddo.
If you don't
>Play creatures for their CMC
>Tap them in combat fase
>Have your only wincon be creature damage
>Use buff spells
You're NOT playing mtg.

Kek

So long as it has Ichorid, Nether Shadow, Contagion, Cabal Therapy, Chain Lightning, Pyrostatic Pillar, Price of Progress, Cephalid Colisseum and Gemstone Mine I'll be happy.
I want my decks to be all non-foil modern border already.

You don't have $70? This printing will probably even be $50.

Jesus fucking christ. Poor fags are the worst.

They learned, they learned you will spend $250 on Gohei.

You'll be lucky if you get two of those.

Actually, you can find them on ebay for less than $60. My guess is they will be around $50 by the time EM comes out, and they might drop to around $40. Which is still expensive, considering you need a playset, but it is not outrageous for a 20 year old staple.

You done got Cucked hard bruv. Good job buying into Wizard's hype marketing. Next time be a little more careful, yeah?

Not there, evil card, not there evil card, rare, evil card not there, rare (collections dude), rare, mythic, rare and uncommon.

Fuck you MaRo.

>Thinking "I'd buy what's missing from Oloro and be a faggot with $40 FoWs"
>Realizing I'm missing 3 duals and 5 fetchlands anyway.

At least I reconsidered before taking out my credit card but why does this happen? "Oh this stupid expensive thing is now not so expensive, means I can buy all the other stupid expensive things that have gotten more expensive now". What fucking kike game are we part of?

Wait Force of Will has been bumped up to mythic? A card that's absolute fucking trash outside of matchups with combo decks is suddenly a fucking mythic in a set that's apparently being designed for draft purposes? This is so Beanie Babies it hurts to even watch.

Oy veeeey you dumb goy, it cannot be uncommon, it a bad pick!!
heheheh

This is the best time to get judge foil Force of Wills.

Managed to grab one for $300 (Cash) and trade another for $400 (Cards).

Reminder that the price of legacy will only go up with this. Modern Masters never brought Goyf's price down, so it's naive to think that Eternal Masters will bring the price of Force of Will down.

MM1 and MM2 in fact made it drop a little. Right after MM1, the price of the Future Sight actually increased in price--not completely unexpected. But as far as the other versions, it has been pretty stable at 150.

I think, and this is just me speculating, that the price of Goyf is artificially inflated. It is kept as a sort of Golden Idol of the Secondary Market, a reminder of what the first C in CCG stands for. The price of FoW seems more realistic. When it was announced that it was going to be released in EA, it dropped from 100 to 80 in 2 weeks. And it looks like it keeps going down. It is now at around 60 on ebay. For some reason, people expect FoW to be readily available after EA. Or maybe SSG and all the other big sharks are just buying a lot, knowing the price will spike back to 100 territory in July.

Just a quick reminder that since Snappy got a judge foil printing it probably won't be in Eternal Masters. I can't remember the source but iirc WOTC set a precedent of not immediately reprinting judge foils to maintain the pricetag for the sake of judges.

Because casuals love buying fat packs. But if you want to believe 1000 dollar decks that rotate every 6 months is a feasible business plan despite history proving otherwise, go ahead. I'll buy your FoW's for a quarter after the game finally kowtows to hearthstone (which took only 2 years to make more money anually than Magic has in 20 years)

The prices of modern rose after MM.

>Increase demand by publicizing a big set you intend to make so it's easier to get into modern
>don't reprint necessary cards
>make the set super limited edition print run so almost no new copies actually make it into circulation
>but since this set was popular and advterised, lots of people wanted into modern
>demand now increases heavily thus actually RAISING prices because the mass amount of demand utterly overshadows what small amount of reprints went into circulation

These sets will never EVER work as long as they keep trying to obey the collectors market. Wizards REALLY needs to pick a side. Either go balls deep on collectors and just make the actual game a side thing or actually make the game accessible and stop kowtowing to every fat 40 year old engineer who whines about his card collection devaluing.

Honestly at this rate I expect Magic to eventually die off due to the changing markets and WOTC's inability to adapt to the changing market because they were so used to being the top dog for ages

>implying blue won't have instants and sorceries up the whazoo

I think Wizards didn't see much return from FTVs and Duel Decks, as the card pool was perfectly known by the players and the two of three chase cards they had in each wouldn't drop in price, but the other chaff would plummet.

If they tried to make a set without caring about draft I think they could cram better average value in each booster, and make people interested in playing a $10 Slot Machine happier.

>Uncommon ponder
>Rare bstorm
doubt.png

Mythics:
Force of Will
Liliana of the Veil
Jace, the Mind Sculptor
Stoneforge Mystic
Snapcaster Mage
Show and Tell
Sneak Attack
Umezawa's Jitte
Kaalia of the Vast
Mana Drain
Karakas
Grim Tutor
Mana Crypt
Batterskull
Dark Depths

Rares:
Sensei's Divining Top
Wasteland
Verdant Catacombs
Scalding Tarn
Marsh Flats
Misty Rainforest
Arid Mesa
Rishadan Port
Vampiric Tutor
Necropotence
Phyrexian Altar
Scroll Rack
Damnation
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
Gifts Ungiven
Life From the Loam
Wrath of God
Exploration
True-Name Nemesis
Jevela, Nephalia's Scourge
Karona, False God
Psychatog
Maro
Gamble
Hymn to Tourach
Lin-Sivvi, Defiant Rebel
Counterbalance
Land Tax
Sylvan Library
Mindslicer
Ichorid
Flusterstorm
Goblin Recruiter
Hermit Druid
Birthing Pod
Doubling Season
Cursed Scroll
Upheal
Golgari-Grave Troll
AEther Vial
Green Sun's Zenith
Teferi, Temporal Achmage
Zur the Enchanter
Jace's Archivist
Windfall
Oath of Druids
Ancient Tomb
Lotus Petal
Cabal Therapy
Terminus
Past in Flames
Glimpse of Nature
Cavern of Souls

You're welcome, faggot.

I can't find the source for this on imgur like people suggested it was, was that post deleted?
>Hymn to Tourach upped to rare from common
I don't get it, although I haven't played in years. Why can only rare cards be good?

>Sensei's Divining Top
>Stoneforge Mystic
>Snapcaster Mage
>Show and Tell
>Sneak Attack
>Batterskull
>Kaalia
>Mana Drain
>Karona, False God
>Golgari-Grave Troll
>Mindslicer
>Lotus petal
>Cabal therapy
>Hermit druid
>Vial
>Grave troll
Bonus track
>Mana Drain and Cursed Scroll
>Not on the list

Doublebonus track of hatred
>MaRo

>My dad works for WOTC.

Eternal semite.
Not even /pol/ son, you just gotta learn 'bout them kikery in mtg.

>Expensive card
Rare!
>Very expensive
Mythic!
>Good card AKA """Complicated"""
Rare or higher
>Accidentally good card at common
Banned ;)

That's NWO for you
>Hurr Durr NWO only affects common
Where the fuck do you think all those effects go?

I imagine that hymn at common would just trash the limited format.

Yes, and?
There is still uncommon.
Also POWERED formats are FUN.

SPECIALLY WHEN I'M PAYING X2 AND UP TO X10 THE STANDARD FUCKING PRICE.

If everything in limited is on a similar power level it would be as glorious. It would also mean that the contents of the packs were worth the high price tag

I've been bulking up on force of wills, fully anticipating another tarmogoyph. It's in my best interest that they get cheap now.

God help everyone who didn't get them if the make Eternal a format.