Your party has just run into General Grevious, and he doesn't look happy. How fucked is your party?

Your party has just run into General Grevious, and he doesn't look happy. How fucked is your party?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4
youtube.com/watch?v=7WQqEl4pMJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=64-3talVkUA
youtu.be/lfi8nd3y0Lo
youtube.com/watch?v=XESh-iaVfLU
youtube.com/watch?v=Xy_Po12VyZw
youtube.com/watch?v=sLLz-7UA_V8
youtube.com/watch?v=j3Ed_Vu5Z4Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I and the 299 Guardsmen in my squad flash-vaporize him with our STRONK flashlights. For the Emperor, of course

Rolled 4 (1d20)

>worst jobber in the universe
Rolling to restrain my laughter as he villainously flees the battlefield

Rolled 90 (1d100)

Rolling to seduce him.

The inquisitor just upgraded me to be a four armed cybernetic monstrocity.

WELL SEE HOW DIVINE HUMAN MACHINERY FAIRS AGAINST YOUR PITIFUL XENO CONTSTRUCTS

Clone Wars Grievous or movie Grievous?

Cartoon clone wars or animated clone wars?

I think some type of poison gas would work best on him.

m8 hes scary as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4

>thermal detonators
>heavy repeater
>numerous disruptor weapons
>most of the party has cortosis weave in their armor
I think we'd be fine. Anyone got a Stat sheet on him?

You could probably rekt weak lightsaber users with any sort of AoE attack. Can't parry a fireball.

Dude, he can fucking space walk, just skip ahead to 3.00

youtube.com/watch?v=7WQqEl4pMJ0

All three in a THIS IS MY FINAL FORM style.

>Movie is first
>CGI is second
>Cartoon is his FINAL FORM

>Three Imperial Knight (the giant mecha kind) PC's
Grievous is going to invent new ways of running away like a little bitch as pic related occurs.

Does he have any CIS forces with him? Because that'd be a cool as shit encounter.

>non-canon
Clone Wars is canon and he was a bitch in that

Jobber grevious or super badass grevious?

Technically hes a cyborg.

A XENO CYBORG

>Which is probably like, 10 times as heretical as either

Your party isn't cannon either but they are still fighting him.

Kek, that polite elite B-1. That makes me want to play in a Star wars RP as a B-1 or perhaps a B-2. Since they have free will (the old ones that was controlled from a command ship was too expensive)

Did he hold his breath? Or does he keep a oxygen tank in his robot body? If so depending and how big the tank is he might need to refill during battle. He does still have lungs after all.

>B series chattering was their CPU failing to handle all the information they were taking in
Neat.

Our party consists of a platoon of Mechanized Guardsmen with a surplus of grenade launchers and flamers. All of our chimeras have auto cannons and heavy bolters.

Dude's cheesed.

Its unclear. He doesn't seem to have anything to actually breath through.
Cartoon grevious could probably pick you off. He was OP as fuck.

Doubtful. Our guys are basically the rangers, with our whole unit being handpicked from a grenadier regiment and then hardened by about 8 months of warfare against the Tyranids in cities and forests.

Admittedly the originally 2500 man strong regiment only has about 500 total combat worthy troops left after all that time, but the fact that any of them are left after this campaign really says something.

Found the bard

The dude is crazy strong, crazy fast and surprisingly sneaky for a guy who clanks when he walks. Doesn't hurt that he can cut anything and deflect lasers with his swords.

Before he became a cyborg Grievous was a sniper with a kill count in the tens of thousands. His people venerated him as a deity after he died.

I play an Only War campaign.

We point and laugh after he dies to one thrust from a power sword.

And add to the fact that he has an entire armoury filled with spare parts and upgrades at his disposal

Not very. Each of them could tear him apart limb by limb or just vaporize him. DBZ doesn't scale very well with other settings.

Not at all. Our fuzzball jumps on and hacks the droid.

To be fair, they did fuck with his brain when they cybered him up. Probably why he jobs so much.

I picture a fastball special.

He isn't a droid.

Depends, is it Tartakovsky's Grievous, movie Grievous, or cgi Clone Wars Grievous?
If it's cgi Clone Wars, the party rips him a new one, no problem.
Movie Grievous intimidates them, probably has a cool monologue or two before inevitably being defeated and escaping after a fierce battle.
Tartakovsky's Grievous? The party stands no chance. Outflanked, outmanned, outgunned, outnumbered, and just plain outsmarted. He has us right where he wants us and nothing outside of deus ex machina can save us now.

>>All these 40kids thinking their expendable Guardsmen could even touch him when he killed more Clones than the IG has models

kek

Damn it.

>3 million Clone troopers
>vs. trillions of Guardsmen

He really didn't. Supposedly killed over 100 jedi, but his kill count against clones was mostly at the hands of his army, not him personally.

kek, there were only 3 million clones? No wonder they were on the loosing side (if not Sidious had orchestrated the war). Come to think of it, what would the star wars galaxy look like if the CIS had won?

Let me see

Party Composition
> Lvl. 3 Battlemaster
> Lvl. 3 College of Lore Bard
> Lvl. 3 Barbarian Berserker
> Lvl. 3 Rouge (I'm pretty sure he went for Thief, but I can't rightly recall.)
> Lvl. 2 Ranger
> Lvl. 2 Sorceror

Yeah we're pretty fucked. The assortment of crossbows, a longbow, a shortbow, the Bard's hand crossbows, and the sorcerer's spells might be able to land some damage at range, if they can get past the lightsabers. However, all bets are off once Grievous gets to melee range. The party's best hope is to run more than Grevious in Episode III.

Pretty good cuz I'm playing pic related

I get he's bad news, and I'm not saying that he'd just die without a fight, but there is really only so much one guy can do against any large group, no matter the setting or his abilities.

To be fair it's a pointless discussion because he comes from a totally different setting than most parties, and the rules would be totally inconsistent between the groups. Which is why threads like these never go anywhere productive.

Since we are playing a super hero game and one dude min-maxed for ultimate metal-kinesis... The rest of the party laughs and calls dibs on who gets what color lightsabers while Grievous is systematically ripped apart.

Ok all of these are with the party knowing who/what he is from the start, and that doesn't make sense unless they are characters from a star wars RP

No real difference. Palpatine would have won and formed the Empire either way.

He once ran down the side of a building, presumably because it was faster than jumping. He murders jedi who are able to murder hundreds of droids at once. He single handedly killed thousands of bug aliens before they even made him a cyborg.
ITS FUCKING MACE WINDU ALL OVER AGAIN!

>Come to think of it, what would the star wars galaxy look like if the CIS had won?

Similar to the OT, because Sidious was behind both sides.

But with more robots and less clones.

The fact that he did things like that is exactly why this discussion is pointless. In his universe he's capable of that, but would he be able to do the same in other universes? And, that being said, who's to say some of those advantages don't come from being in the Star Wars universe? For example, I'm pretty sure the weapons in most settings that are meant to affect an area rely on shrapnel, meaning they have kill radius of more than the 3 feet that a plasma bomb would have in star wars. That, and no one in star wars has ever heard of combined arms or anything even remotely approaching it.

Grievous is a rule of cool dude from a rule of cool universe; you can't really translate anything he (or anyone else in star wars) does into other settings because they don't have the same basic assumptions. So yeah, in the Star Wars universe he is undeniably an unstoppable killing machine, but in other settings it's all conjecture.

Question: Does a sword infused with divine radiance get to parry lightsabers because they both glow?

Your party has trillions of players at the table? Must get pretty crowded.

Not really. He has no force shenanigans, most of his power comes from being a really angry cyborg. Dont think he can even block lasers, any time someone tries to shoot him he either dodges or dives behind cover.
I am going to say yes, because some sith guys used to fight with weapons that were basically that.

Anger is the most powerful super power of them all I suppose.

I'd say yes just because it would look cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=64-3talVkUA
Shaak Ti is a qt and Grievous' movie voice was better

Just behind money and diplomatic immunity.

>flying pyromancer
>eastern martial artist

Pyro could escape easily but the martial artist would probably be dismembered in the first round if she fail to dodge

>Grevious made them design magna guards because they wouldn't let him bring his homeboys and he fucking hates regular droids
>he insisted on training them himself and dressing them like the warriors of his old unit.
Its the little details.

Considering General Grievous was taken down by Gungans, any party should be able to kill him.

Our party does an reenactment of loony tunes with det-packs. I'm serious this shit happens with our party.

What? I didn't realize I was playing some game where I am in a party. I thought I was just shitposting on Veeky Forums. Trippy, man.

He's fast though, probably faster than your traverse speed. So he could run and jump onto the top of your knight. Then it's either your buddies killing you to get him off, or him.

Why the fuck wasn't the movies as well choreographed as this? Holy shit this series actually looks like it might be good.

youtu.be/lfi8nd3y0Lo

General Grievous was taken down by Gungans. If anything your suggested fan wankery was actually possible for Girevous, he wouldn't have lost to a bunch of Gungans with staves, and most of the Clone Wars 3D show's cast would be dead.

Star Wars wank is sad.

If you got a weapon or armor that resist a lightsaber, it would only take a what... level 16 Marital class to kill Grevious?
Lightsaber is the biggest danger, since it would ignore all AC in most cases.
His stats is amazing too.

>stats are amazing
>he's a complete bitch that can't even fight a child fencer

Grievous would literally lose against a thirteen year old child with a lightsaber. The retard has no form at all and should instantly kill any Jedi he fights by virtue of it being impossible to deflect four blades at once. The fight with Obi Wan should have immediately ended with Grievous just thrusting at four different angles simultaneously and gutting Kenobi, but he didn't. The only conclusion therefore is Grievous is an incompetent retard, which is frankly consistent with his portrayal in the Clone Wars and Revenge of the Sith. He's a coward who can't fight for shit.

I cast Glitterdust and laugh as he cuts himself up blindly swinging lightsabers around.

Grievous's powerlevel fluctuates a lot. In the older clone wars series shown here he is a unstoppable force of nature. Elsewhere, he gets wrecked by Gungans.

I know for certain three of us would be dead, without a doubt. The remaining two though, I think could possibly pull it off, one very probably so.

Except even when the Clone Wars was "canon", it wasn't. Before the Disney retcon movies were superior canon to the clone wars. Meaning Grievous' impressive feats actually never were canon in the first place.

I'm a Soresu Defender Guardian, so basically it'd be the Obi-Wan versus Grevious fight only my lack of plot armor means bad things.

>magnaguard polearms look like double-sided staff-dildos

ever since a fellow fa/tg/uy pointed it out i've never been able to unsee it

THEN HE'S A DOUBLE NIGGER!

Poor Sha'gi. Died like a bitch.

You underestimate the Jedi.

>Aliens in DBZ aren't strong at all
>Cyborgs in DBZ aren't strong at all
>The ability to cut off limbs is useless in DBZ

Man I forgot how fucking giant Grievous was in Clone Wars

Run away until we have more experience to come back and fight him.

youtube.com/watch?v=XESh-iaVfLU

youtube.com/watch?v=Xy_Po12VyZw

The last Grievous scene from Genndy's Clone Wars. It really is amazing how coordinated Grievous is in this. Being able to attack with any and every limb at any time is nothing to scoff at.

youtube.com/watch?v=sLLz-7UA_V8

From a still ongoing play-by-post forum with it's own system, dubbed "roll-playing" because there are a lot of elements of randomness, as determined by dice. Four basic classes, Figher/Rogue/Cleric/Wizard can prestige down various paths as they get EXP.

We've got a party with about 8 players of various levels. Most of the low level fighters/rogues are going to die pretty much on the spot, cleaved in twain by his lightsaber-y goodness.The Wizards and Clerics, at the back of the party, will be next, but if they can launch off a spell or two there is a TINY chance they could actually kill him.

The three strongest players are the best bet. One's a dwarf Fighter/PackMaster who's maxed defense, but lightsabers say "fuck you and the mithril you wear" so he and his pet dogs are done. One's a Fighter/Paladin/Dragon Lancer, so a good swath of Holy Flames might do the trick. The last is a Rogue/Pirate who's specialized into speed, agility and dismantling things, so she'll probably dart in, quickly undo an arm, and make off with her loot. Rinse and repeat until he is the new Black Knight

most of the times he wins is when he ambushes people, catching them off guard, when he himself is ambushed,we might be able to take him

>joints are not protected
>hard armor only covers skull and upper torso
He is fucked.

You know, to be fair, him being kind of a bitch in the movie makes a little bit of sense watching that clip.

>He was lacking surprise, fear, and intimidation in both encounters against him
>Windu had fucked him up pretty badly, and since his organs are subject to gravity he probably couldn't do his fancy flip-fest (and the people were working on him were probably dead by then so he couldn't really get medical attention between Coruscant and the final encounter)
>Was fighting Obi-wan, who was considered THE greatest duelist in the Jedi Order due to his perfect defense and mastery of Soresu.

And potentially his aggression enhancers might have been on overdrive (again, he probably hadn't gotten any maintenance) and thus not making good decisions.

Everyone just walks away from the table, we are all completely flaccid now.

Don't forget you'd be fighting a military general that nearly conquered the Galaxy. He sure as hell wouldn't run blindly into a fight unprepared or without back up if he thought he needed it

He's a cyborg and built to be more light and fast than durable. The fucker can wall crawl and leap around like nobody's business.

We are fine. I remembered to pick up his vagisil.

I'd love to imagine someone's response to that shit.
>One second this guy is acting like a damned goof and a coward
>Making rookie mistakes like charging in head first and whipping out his best ability despite it not being even remotely advantageous at the time before getting thrashed and fleeing as shit gets hairy, likely sans an arm or two.
>Over time he gets slightly craftier, his movements more fluid and precise, and he seems to be favoring his four armed trump card less than he did last time, he flees again
>This time it feels slightly different though- controlled, not the mad scramble that it was before
>The party didn't even manage to lop off an arm this time, come to think of it, you only recall him getting hit maybe three or four times.
>The next time you hear he's in the area you and the others figure that he's been holding back and decided to go all out last time.
>You guys decide to bring in your A game this time
>Next time you run into him the guy scuffles with you for a bit and takes off into a warehouse
>Oh, maybe last time was a fluke?
>Follow the sound of him haul assing until you notice the clanking is slowing down
>Wait, the sound stopped, guess now he's going to turn and fight
>Ok, so everyone draws their weapons and- wait, where's Bill?
>There's a flash of bright lights that the rest of the group only barely manage to avoid
>Was he on the damned ceiling?
>Fuck this guy is fast, was he always this fast?
>Jesus christ why can't anyone hit him this time?
>Did he just crush Sharon's skull with his foot!?
>Oh good, he brought out his secondary arms finally, he must be getting desperate!
>One of the others jump in and...get's split in two
>Another one tries to flank him only for him to disappear into the darkness that you just now realize is covering most of the warehouse
>Something drops in front of you
>It's Bill
>Half of him anyway
>You go to yell, but before you can you see a single flash of light in the corner of your eye

>My pc is half cyborg, geared to wreck shit in melee
>punches him in the robo-face three times moving over 60 ks an hour
>given his track record of reliably punchsploding things in one hit, greivous probably follows suit.

Rest of party probably shoots mine in the back if he was succesful. Or greivous hopefully gets some new speed holes if the dice gods were cruel

I like his soundstrack though
youtube.com/watch?v=j3Ed_Vu5Z4Q

>greivous probably follows suit.
if you meant he also punchsplodes you then yeah

do we have our mecha

Not fucked cause you going against a blue screen with tape on it

You're right, my party isn't a cannon. Yet.

Let's see.
>GSS
Completely fucked. At best we can throw a fairy at them.
>Night Wizards
What's his PACC? Because the Werewolf/Werewolf/Kung Fu Master probably won't ever be hit.
>Ryuutama
F U C K E D
>Double Cross
My character just teleports and plinks away at him indefinitely while the rest set up the rape combos.
>Tenra Bansho Zero game 1
Mantra of the Wisdom King Acala that bitch and disarm him. He's most likely not enough dice to resist, and what the ninjas and monks can't sort out the Armour Riders will.
>TBZ game 2
Kind of fucked, we aren't high power or versatile enough.

Depending on how blockable fireballs are and how durable he is, somewhere between "entirely" and "only mostly".

>mfw the entire party has techxorcism guns, two guys with meltas a plasma pistol and storm bolter to kill a heretek