Death knights are the warrior equivalent to liches, but is there a rogue equivalent...

Death knights are the warrior equivalent to liches, but is there a rogue equivalent? Is there a way to be so badass at stealing that you become undead and just keep doing it forever? pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

tribality.com/2016/02/03/a-lich-for-every-class-the-paths-to-trancendance/
tribality.com/2016/02/24/a-lich-for-every-class-the-paths-of-transcendence-part-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Become so good at stealing that you actually steal life from others, extending it naturally. A Anima thief.

So be shang tsung from mk

Are the sides necessarily tangent to the circle at their midpoints?

A ring wraith?

I grew up in a religious town, full of the pious sort that would turn the other cheek just often enough to let you get away with some real trouble. Of course, like all these stories, I was born in the gutter, with nothing, you know how it goes... decided I was due something, and started taking it. And I was damned good at it, it turns out. I was caught only once, when I was a boy. They said to me, 'You can't take it with you, so why waste your time stealing?'

So I told them the truth.
'Because it's damned fun.'

That's the day I'd decided I would live forever, just to spite those holier than thou pricks. And the day I started searching for a way to steal immortality from Death's rotting fingers.

Can't take it with me? Who said I was going anywhere?

Ghosts and Wraiths are the obvious answer.

What the shit is that problem?

Are those sides the lengths of the quadrilateral? Then the picture is fucking misleading as fuck

Jesus fucking christ what the hell is this problem

Yes there is.

This guy almost said it, but then went with "anima thief" which is kinda an odd choice.

It's vampire by the way. The original thief of lives, maintain your own charming immortality by stealing the life from others.

I actually like that, though technically a Lich isn't always a powerful spellcaster, though they tend to be.

So the trinity in this case is:
>Death Knight: Warrior type
>Lich: Wizard type
>Vampire: Rogue type

Now what about divine classes? We have Paladins for Warrior type and Clerics for Wizard type (theoretically or MMO-wise, in practice they tend to be just better Paladins), but what about a Divine Thief/Rogue class? Is divinity in and of itself antithetical to roguishness, or do we throw that in with "cultist" or something? Of course, divinity in most generic PnP is derivative of Catholicism and Christianity and being sly or sneaky are big sins in those religions, which are generally antithetical to them. But being fantasyland could we come up with an effective archetype to fill the trinity?

Hm if I understood this correctly, the remaining side is 12. Anyone can confirm?

You must find the length of the fourth side of a quadrilateral that is circumscribed about a circle.

Some witch hunter type, although he's closer to warrior-lite rather than rogue.

I'd guess a sneaky witch hunter could work, especially if you put in something about disguising themselves as ordinary priests or shit.

Or a vampire that steals stolen life from vampires, making vampires age insufferably fast and turning to ash?

Vampire, you steal blood and can turn into shadows and bats and shit

Witch-Hunter is certainly closer to it, but does seem more DEX Warrior than Thief/Rogue.

Maybe if it was fluffed out a bit as being more of an investigator/sneaky type to a Paladin's holy warrior or a Cleric's holy mage. Inquisitor-lite, maybe?

it could be argued that they couldn't be given three sides.

inquisitor

tribality.com/2016/02/03/a-lich-for-every-class-the-paths-to-trancendance/
tribality.com/2016/02/24/a-lich-for-every-class-the-paths-of-transcendence-part-2

mildly diverting read

LORD GIVE ME A SIGN

Mildly diverting.... rightttt
That shit was cash.

The idea of fanatically religious assassins is as old as, well, the word assassin. It's a strong fantasy archetype too.

And DnD 4e gave a fairly thorough treatment to divinely-empowered rogues - they were called Avengers.

>Maybe if it was fluffed out a bit as being more of an investigator/sneaky type

Isn't that what a witch hunter has always been? They're not the guys fighting the hordes of evil on the front lines, they're the hanging sheriff that rolls into your village and starts weighing your crones.

You're right, it was odd, but I didn't want to step on the vampire archetype considering it might as well be a sorcerer in most settings.