What's the most under-represented colour in Warhammer 40k, and how do we fix it?

What's the most under-represented colour in Warhammer 40k, and how do we fix it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g1eswGrkMU8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shades_of_gray#Cool_grays
amruns.us/qe478432-mens-nike-free-run-3-shoes-dark-blue-orange-p-1445.html
desustorage.org/tg/thread/44939312/
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Knights_of_Dorn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can firmly say it's not red.

Fucking everything is red.

Brown?

Pink. Off the top of my head the only faction with any Pink is chaos, and that's only slaanesh and tzeench.

Orange

Definitely orange.

Yup

yup no orange anywhere, off the top of my head in the entire of GW there are squigs and flames only

Is that samus

Orange and brown, we need more of those.

All my corsairs got Orange Hairs for that very reason

Fire Dragons have orange armor, and the studio paint scheme for the Corsair Eldar is orange-ish (might also be a very dark yellow, but I say it's close enough). It is a very rare color, though.

Octarine

No, definitely not. Why would you even think that? are you retarded?

Don't tau have primarily orange equipment?

They made it white now.

You're all forgetting about purple. I never see orks in purple.

Mahogany

Came here to post this.

I accidentally made orange-ish marines once when I painted Averland sunset over black primer, and it hit me that I'd never seen orange represented in 40k.

I'm having difficulty figuring out a scheme that would work well with it. Maybe dark silver and a kind of light blue?

Tau's equivalent of Ultrasmurfs (it's not the "official" uniform colour scheme, just the one GW used as representative) used to be "Ochre", but that's more like an orange-tinted brown than a legitimate orange in its own right.

Soul Drinkers, Slaaneshi, demons of Tzeentch and sometimes Deldars

In-universe purple is the colour for "sneaky Orks", for suitably comedic reasons. If you weren't deliberately referencing that, it's a funny coincidence you stumbled into.

youtube.com/watch?v=g1eswGrkMU8

Also, purple is well-represented already. The Emperor's Children are purple to pink, and the loyalist Hawk Lords and Soul Drinkers chapters are purple. It works well with gold/yellow trim.

Ultramarines 6th Company is trimmed in orange. Jokaeros are orange. Howling Banshees sometimes have orange hair. Also, craftworld Lugganath's color is orange.

I was going to say pink, but Emperor's Children shows why nobody else has pink armor.

Orange, brown, certain shades of purple.

Teal.

I think pink is Slaanesh in general. Also Pink Horrors.

That's because orange is the worst color desu

That's because purple is stealthy.

EMPEROR'S FUCKING CHILDREN LEGION

if you were any closer, you'd be sorry

best joke

>and a kind of light blue
Blue always goes well with orange, and vice versa, so yes.

Yoo just ain't flash enuff.

>In-memeverse purple is the colour for "sneaky Orks", for suitably memetic reasons.

>tfw like blue more than red
>tfw dark blue with orange details looks like shit, but bright orange with blue details looks awesome like Digimon

>tfw dark blue with orange details looks like shit
I disagree user, but to each their own.

>select all images with an orange
Captcha is creeping me out.

Nigga that might as well be black and orange

It's quite clearly blue, user, nothing wrong with a really deep blue like that. And if one hue doesn't work you just play with them until you find another one that does, it's not like you're stuck with one shade of either.

'Sup.

>It's quite clearly blue

I opened it up in Paint. It's apparently some kind of off-grey. The value for green are nearly as high as the value for blue. It's a very dark version of charcoal found here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shades_of_gray#Cool_grays

Hey senpai, whats the program you use to make them Space Marines

Couple more examples.

>Cool grays are colors that are noticeably blueish gray
You're being more that a bit pedantic, user. Those shoes are listed as blue, and that's because they're quite clearly within the blue spectrum.

Search for "Chapter Generator" in the bolterandchainsword forums and you should be able to find it.

Thank you sir

>>Cool grays are colors that are noticeably blueish gray
>You're being more that a bit pedantic, user.

It's an off-grey, not a cool grey. If it's a grey it ain't a blue.

>amruns.us/qe478432-mens-nike-free-run-3-shoes-dark-blue-orange-p-1445.html
user, those shoes are blue.

Power fist and plasma gun.

I think blue might be underused. Blue or maybe black

But seriously.

Orange, or metallics.

I dream of making space Marines with an iridescent paintjob

Or a metallic blue/green/black whatever.

I get sick of seeing gloss when their armor is supposed to be metal.

But I guess I'm just over thinking it

Like 90% of Tau are orange, and they're every cuck's fantasy army.

Cuck?

It's not orange, it's more of a tan.

Why is a tau a cuck? Thats the imperium

I think the color of a skull is underrepresented.
There are not enough skulls in W40k

Back when Space Marine multiplayer was big, my chaos marine scheme was orange with black chaos trim. Ended up looking surprisingly badass.

>Samus Aran makes a space marine army.jpg

>In-universe purple is the colour for "sneaky Orks", for suitably comedic reasons.
That's made up bullshit by retarded fans

>using the word cuck unironically on Veeky Forums

I think brown is the least represented. You really never see brown marines on the table. People often experiment with orange and pink, but rarely ever brown. I've actually seen some orange nids and pink slannesh marines , but never an army that utilized brown as their main color. I suppose guard could pull it off, but I've still never seen it.

I see brown tau and IG as part of their camo.
Brown 'nids and kroot aren't unknown either. And the Snakebites main colour is brown.

I've never seen models with overwhelming brown schemes. I have seen orange and pink schemes though.

dont Eldar fire dragons use orange and red?

The pyre are a pretty cool Orange CSM warband DESU senpai

How many things are a light powder blue?
Like a sky blue. Not a royal blue, or deep blue.

Purple, the only purple factions I can think of are pre heresy Emperors Children and the Soul Drinkers, both of which are gone now

I want to fondle her clit

Pink.

space wolves

Underated post

S-sons?

I had a thread based on the lack of the colour orange. I'm convinced that one of the Missing Legions has a orange colour.

If you look through every Space Marine Chapter and Chaos Space Marine Warband; only four or five have the colour orange.

how many have brown?

I found my thread.

desustorage.org/tg/thread/44939312/

We only have four;

Knights of Gryphonne
The Pyre
The Reborn
Angels Resplendent

That's literally it. A Missing Legion must have had their primary colour as Orange to cause future Space Marine Chapters to not use the colour.

No idea, I'll have a quick check.

Maybe the Missing Legions are coloured Orange and Brown.

They were purged for revering and styling themselves after the filthy xenos their Primarch had been raised by.

Orange does get some representation, like the ryza color scheme for admech and skitarii

Haha, great heresy indeed.

I had a quick check. Again, we only have one Chapter which is the;

Knights of Dorn (only half of their armour).
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Knights_of_Dorn

The 'Patriarchs of Ulixis' have a light Brown but their armour is mostly red.

The Hammers of Dorn have a primary black and secondary orange so there is some more Orange even it's very slight.

SCREAM TO BE HEARD

'kay

Thanks doc

False!

Hammers of Dorn colors are Black and Brass.

Well, it does look somewhat orange. We're struggling here for orange!

Yellow. Off the top of my head I can only think of 4 in game armies that use it as a primary and for good reason. That's a real bitch to paint and I ain't got the time for that tomfoolery.

Octarine

>or maybe it's all over the place and we just can't tell

To be fair, orange is one of those pain in the ass just to get on a mini right kinda paints.