BCH

Without any shilling or hyping, does anyone have a serious assessment of what to expect of BCH for the upcoming days, weeks and months? I'm aware of development, stage of adoption and general market opinions, but I'd like insight into actual market sentiment and which direction it may lie.

Happy to tip for genuinely resourceful information.

Other urls found in this thread:

tradingview.com/chart/BCHUSD/ncDRIbXl-BCHUSD-new-update/
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/volume/monthly/),
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/volume/monthly/
bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactions-btc-eth-bch-ltc.html#3m
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=6V365_59-Lc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It will come to be known solely as bcash.

tradingview.com/chart/BCHUSD/ncDRIbXl-BCHUSD-new-update/

The top rated analyst on Trading View.

Just another Altcoin tailing after Bitcoin and staying in the same Satoshi value.

fundamentally it is bitcoin

this is as low as you will ever see it pic related

This.

Well done, Lad

Thanks for not shilling.

Thanks. I do frequent tradingview, but I thought I'd see if anyone here wanted to weigh in their own findings.

I think I've got a solid grasp of the fundamentals, but honestly the overall state of the market has gotten me confused. As far as I see it, the current price could be either the highest or the lowest price we see in December easily, which is why I'm enquiring about expectations for the next days/weeks/months. Long term I believe all investments with fundamentals will 10x at least here, so not concerned about that.

It is losing control of the "bitcoin" part of its name. Do not be surprised if, when the next round of exchanges go live with BCH pair trading, they all impose the Bcash name "to avoid confusion for users". Coinbase and Bitstamp are next, and neither is a fan of the fork.

On price, a seemingly growing portion of analysts see anything over 1000usd as artificial pump. Many say there is no inherent value above the 300usd ballpark. If this is the case, there is only so long the currency's backers can continue to stand for BCH sales at an overblown price. It will slowly come down and rediscover a natural price.

What graph is that? You cropped out the bottom axis. This is the live BCH graph. Zoom out, and it's not so brutal. But it is still locked in a bear run.

There is no inherent value on btc either. It's all speculation. The only coin that does something is Ethereum and it's incredibly overpriced.

This. Bitcoin, like all crypto, are Ponzi schemes.

Hey you're not allowed to talk about btcs inherent value in relation to Btrash ok?

BTC difficulty will be rising at least 15% in about 6 days so expect some decent BCH upward action around then

Wow. BTC is in freefall, and BCH is holding its own and up a bit. The Core Salt is palpable. lol

must be log scale

BCH just spiked up over $1400 again on Bithumb.

im the average joe.

i old bitcoin cash because it have the bitcoin name (brand?) in it.

The inherent value of bitcoin at the moment is its fiat investment. Because BCH was launched as an airdrop, it does not have the assurances of fiat backing.

Now, we both know that fiat backing doesnät count for a lot. But it counts for a lot in terms of individual market psychology, when compared to a free gift. You think I care about dropping a token at $100 each, when I got them for free? I'm still up on my "initial investment" of zero. But what if I invested $3000 and they're now $100? I am then quite likely to just say "fuck it" and hold all the way to zero. Which, ironically, makes zero much less of a risk in option 2.

>Ponzi
Stop slinging that word around like it makes you sound intelligent. People on Biz know what a ponzi scheme is, and when you use it incorrectly, you sound like a TV news anchor trying to explain blockchain tech.

A ponzi scheme is one where existing members of the scheme are paid a dividend by the subscription fees of new enrollers. There is an inherent death cycle built into the model with a probability of 1, because there are a finite number of humans on plaent earth to enrol. Once you run out of new members, the previous wave of joiners get no dividend and leave. The next rung gets no dividend and leaves. And so on, up the chain.

Cryptos pay no dividend, so it is not a ponzi scheme. Your posts look brainlet as fuck when you use that word here.

Old news. We do not care. We are making bank.

Hey joe, Bitcoin Cash (BCH) also uses the same mining machines as Bitcoin (BTC), which is the largest proof-of-work pool in the world (combined with oldest chain=most secure cryptocoins).
Right now much of the electricity for these miners is all being wasted to make 1MB blocks for BTC (because it currently has a higher price), but these same machines, using the same amount of electricity, will produce 8MB blocks by mining BCH. Doing so results in faster transactions and cheaper fees for users. The switch to BCH is inevitable over time as 1MB blocks are already proving too small for today's level of Bitcoin users, so you chose wisely.

Your argument is kindergarten tier. 10 trillion dollars is spent building a Kingdom. The ruler becomes a tyrant, and the people rise, overthrow him, and "airdrop" a new ruler. What is backed by which again?

It's going to the moon Jerry

Holy fuck. I have never seen a poster on here blown so totally the fuck out with so few words. Impressive

>without shilling or hype
Lol, good luck, I see everyone picking sides already. But for real, expect downward movement after 1st of January due to Coinbase offering users the ability to withdraw their BCH. The price could hit even as low as $600. But after awhile when Bitcoin tops out and the experienced players think it is overpriced they may dabble with Bitcoin Cash due to its lower fees. If enough of these people switch over to BCH as their reserve crypto during the fall of Bitcoin Segwit it could reach parity. Will BCH recover after the Coinbase sales? Only if the developers offer everything BCH can. I don't know what will happen, but I'm keeping some of BCH and Bitcoin Segwit that way whichever wins I will win with it.

>accuses post of being kindergarten tier
>makes a bad analogy about kingdoms and tyrants

Beyond the comedy of that, your point does not even address my original point.

My original post was that individual market participants *chose* to invest in Bitcoin. They put money into it. They then were *given* free BCH tokens. The vast majority of BCH holders therefore see their new holding as a bonus, a free gift. They attribute far less value on their BCH holdings than their bitcoin holdings - not least because the market rate is significantly lower.

The important factor here is that bitcoin attracts fiat currency (fwiw), whereas BCH attracts alt-flipping.

also the bullshit talk aside, will bitcoin cash up back up to around 1700

Lemme check the Oracle of Bithumb..

BCH attracts fiat too (note 30d), and it isn't even listed for trade on many big exchanges yet.

Brian Armstrong CEO of coinbase has been retweeting lots of pro BCH stuff for weeks you dumb cunt but sure you probably sold it August 2nd

Within 3 days.

Even if it goes back that high, it would only be for a brief time. It's heavily manipulated by whales. Those huge fake buy walls, lmao.

Wat? Everyone I know flips alts with BTC, including me. I flip BTC and BCH and back. I follow the money. If The Rebellion is successful, I will side with them. If Lord Vader is successful, I will side with him. right now, the Rebellion looks quite a bit stronger, so I am vested with, and siding with them atm.

A lot of people with a lot of money seem to hate BCH.

ill be selling then.

Dafuq? BCH just shot way up on Bittrex without Bithumb climbing first. It's Happening.

what about the fact that most of the crypto has been linked to btc since the first big crash/dip. bch hass been locked at 0.132 btc for quite some time now. btc starts going up, bch goes up similarly and vice versa. both their charts look the fucking same.

You can see from the 30day volume chart I just posted (viewable at coinmarketcap.com/currencies/volume/monthly/), any exchange operator would be plain stupid to deny themselves a slice of that much trade volume. It's one thing to have an opinion about a coin, it's another to cost your business hundreds of millions of dollars every month for that opinion. BCH adoption on more exchanges is inevitable.

BCH going up WITH BTC. Is the damn coin locked in somehow? How can that make any sense at all?

I heard it could go up a little more than $2k, what do y'all think?

read this. its not going anywhere.. it will go to 2k when btc reaches 15-16k

actually it will be going up to more than $8k in Jan

I know, I will get a lot of hate, but shill me BCH in an argumentative way why it is superior to BTC. I am thinking about buying it.

Why would I buy it and why will it not drop lower again after being about x6 of what it was half a year ago?

Obviously I'm not sure about it as an investment currently because I'm not sure if we're at a high or a low, as you can see in OP. But in terms of specifically how it is better than Bitcoin:

-Usable for what Bitcoin has been since it started, while Bitcoin currently is not.
-More scalable than BTC
-Not centralized and sabotaged
-Bitcoin's success, if you believe in it, will come because it is a form of revolution, not because its a new better paypal. BCH is this movement. BTC is a corrupted overvalued vision.
-BTC only serves as a store of value, and this is intentional at this stage. A store of value is only valid if it has a use, since otherwise the liquidity becomes nonexistent and circular, and is the definition of a bubble.

(I'm a long time BTC investor, who is beginning to dabble in trading. I've completely backed out of BTC not because I don't see profit from trading it, but because of the reason I'm here, which is the belief driving my initial investment)

right now it's locked to btc i don't know why though. and if the rumors about btc going to drop to 8k or 7k are true then this along with all the other crypto in sync with btc will also drop.
as far as the benifits go, they are irrelevant today as crypto is not widely accepted anywhere and so far it is only good for increasing your moeny.

see both are near identical systems that use the same mining hardware, but BTC is at the moment very wasteful for no user benefit (in fact punishing users).

The other simple reason is the same amount of money right now could buy you 1 BTC or 7.5 BCH, there's just much more potential gains for BCH.

Yeah, but it also is like 1/7th of the price, so if you intend of not having your coins lying around for years to wait until they explode, it is not more profitable to pay your electric bills.

it probably is locked because of the ongoing war since they want to overthrow BTC and failed at it multiple times now. I also don't like morons like Roger Ver supporting BCH desu, this more of a red flag. it is safe to assume they only do it for speculative reasons to make more money from unassuming idiots, and not because of idealism. even though, the coin itself may prove superior. but so are lots of other altcoins.

The primary reason Bitcoin has value right now is because the finite supply. This is the "store of value". I'd rather have 7.5 of something that has the same finite supply than 1, particularly when those 7.5 coins have technical and user advantages, and less fear of having my coins stalled up in a crowded mempool.

Consider the market cap differences and the required inflow to see gains also. $168B would be needed to double BTC, but only $23B to double BCH.

The altcoins you speak of do not have Bitcoin's legacy, or the hash rate that secures it. An interesting bit about being a fork too is that whales from BTC became whales in BCH automatically, so if the scales start to tip toward BCH favor, they have no reason not to support BCH, whereas an altcoin they'd have to take on risks of selling their BTC to consider buying into said alt. Many altcoins are tainted with presold coins, security concerns, adoption/regulation concerns etc that are not present with Bitcoin and by equiv Bitcoin Cash.

Doesn't really work like that. The price is only partially because of "finite supply". Like everything it is supply and demand. If nobody ever has demand for a coin, nothing will ever change in the price.

So in order to make some money by investing (yes, otherwise nobody would buy now), you only care about growth potential.

and the growth potential of BTC is the lowest of all coins out right now, as it is the most expensive and slowest.

about x12 in 12 months is quite solid.

i think it's safe to say 10x the people would invest in BTC over BCH given its popularity in the media, for the same reason people aren't investing in Myspace over Facebook.

x6 in 4 months is solid for BCH.

Listen, you haven't responded to at least half my points, it's obvious you didn't come here to consider BCH but as some kind of BTC troll. Do what you want with your money.

Those same people will be disappointed when the realize they can't do anything at all with the BTC they paid large $ for because transfer fees and tx times.

I had a friend that I got into Bitcoin months before the fork that made a newbie mistake of mistyping the fee, he waited 6 days for the transaction to process. It scared the shit out of him and he immediately switched to ETH. Now at least I could recommend BCH to him but I think he's alright with his ETH heh

I’m long both btc AND bch

However BCH has jumped the gun: there’s insufficient demand from end users for currency class bitcoin instead of store of value class bitcoin. When that demand arrives, BTC could be forked again into a product better suited to it than BCH is … and BCH would have to die. BTC would survive - a reserve is always needed - but the wise user would carefully dyor around the subject of demand

If BTC would up their blocksize it would immediately kill BCH, they're just too stubborn to do it.

No it wouldn't, that would be an admission of failure.

admitting failure doesn't matter because it completely invalidates any advantage BCH would be able to claim, while benefiting BTC users at the same time.

All I know is it needs to go up another $40 so I can get out of this stupid long.

There's no demand for upping the blocksize. There's no demand for killing alts, either. Screaming weeaboo quintillionaires is not evidence of demand.

>no demand for upping the blocksize
I think the existence of a $23B fork annihilates this claim. Besides, what's true now for BTC is not guaranteed to be true in the future, unless you have a REALLY sweet crystal ball that guarantees daily tx's stay below 350-380k from now until LN is fully avail (and your crystal ball can gaurantee that LN works well)

And what advantage would Core have after their clear failure? A Lightning Network that they totally plan to get working within 2 years with no more delays? Bitcoin Cash already has their entire eco-system designed around large blocks with things like Graphene and Core has been adamant about keeping small blocks so they can sell their centralized side-chains.

They'd just anger all the small-blockers crying about bandwidth and storage-space while simultaneously proving that Wu and Ver were right. It would be suicide for them. It's funny because I honestly think at some point they'll be forced to raise the Block-size because of 100$+ fees and everyone will see how fucking retarded small blocks are.

HOLY FUCK ITS LITERALLY MOONING

>falling for the market cap meme
Market cap is number of coins * last price - the number has no other significance and is most certainly not evidence of demand.

Demand is from Mr Rajesh at the corner shop wanting to take a crypto at his point of sale; demand is from Mr Smithers wanting to pay off his Mr Simpson in crypto for the two weeks of labour Homer didn't do. Demand is not your employee saying "Hey! I can run your shop better" and setting up next door with few customers coming in the door.

These are still landrush days.

Why use BCH when we have LTC with lower fees and faster transactions?

What advantage does core have now? Users bought a lot of BTC so now the price is high. That is still there whether the blocks are 1MB, 8MB or 20MB

Note also that LN will work with other coins, including the potential to work with BCH. This is yet another reason why BTC doesn't make any sense as an investment, their actual plan for scaling could help their enemy too.

LTC is 4x speed of BTC, BCH is 8x speed of BTC, BCH has a much bigger hash

Right now BCH isn't even listed on all exchanges, yet you get the kind of 30day trade volume seen coinmarketcap.com/currencies/volume/monthly/

Mr Rajesh won't be interested in transacting BTC when the fee is larger than the cost of the products. BCH will win all the Rajesh's of the world.

>segwit no 0 conf
>inflation
>single dev
>1mb blocksize limit (can't scale)
If you're asking this question then you don't understand what fundamentally gives BCH its value

0.139!!!! DRAGONSLAYER!!!!

If I see BCH go up I also see BTC going up exactly the same way. The graphs are identical.

If the coin is locked like this and I am not just making some doumb mistake or misunderstanding this then this completely kills the fucking coin for me.

No only does it kill the coin for me it freaks me out, How the fucking how does one lock a coins value to another? The market manipulation we see daily is one thing but holy shit that's on another fucking level.

That would be true if Mr Rajesh was looking today. He's not. He's several years away.

If there's new tech invented before then BCH could have its lunch stolen. You're right, BCH /could/ adopt that new tech too. But then BTC could adopt that exact same tech and steal BCHs lunch in exactly the same way.

Except they aren't because onchain scaling kills their third layer money grab.

This is fucking hilarious coming from a bcuckie. Bcore has no inherent value anymore, it cannot be used as a currency anymore, it's nothing but a store of molasses and it only has values because of fraudlent tether pumping. It is the #1 shitcoin.

>The inherent value of bitcoin at the moment is its fiat investment. Because BCH was launched as an airdrop, it does not have the assurances of fiat backing.
>fiat backing
holy shit lmao get out of crypto quickly before you lose all you money you utter fucking brainlet

Your post reads like it was written by someone who has no understanding of economics, someone who just watched a bunch of videos by that brainlet datadash on youtube.

There is nothing that makes bitcoin uniquely good as a store of value, there is absolutely nothing inherent to BTC that makes it better as a store of value than BCH for example

BTC is in a speculative bubble, and it will pop unless they are able to roll out LN within 6 months. If LN works ok youre good to go, it doesnt even matter if its a centralized turd with no censorship resistance, most BTC holders do not give a shit about crypto ideals anyways.

Thanks for your input Mr Krugman

Very ironic considering the fact that Bcore is the coin that is literally financially backed by federal reserve bankers.

Reminder that vital33k doesn't think lightning networks are good enough.

Reminder that money skelly's brain is worth 80 times the combined cognitive power of blockstream.

Reminder that Lightning Network will never be both functional and decentralized. Pick 1.

That sounds like a sell signal to me. Are you sure you know how to shill properly?

thats the entire crypto market.

Sia, BCH, BCG and BTC are all identical
Im literally over this bullshit you can never win, everythings tied to BTC. Might as well just buy BTC.

funny enough it wasn't this similar before the crash/dip. bch was inversely related to btc. now its directly locked at 0.137

If you want to bet on the banker kikes, buy BTC and Ripple, by all means.

Uninformed Bcore brainlet. BTG is completely different with a different mining algortithm. Of course a simpleton like you doesn't understand why the mining algorithm is important.

it's BCASH god damn it

Or in case you prefer the chinese mining cartels and business kikes buy Bcash.

>muh mining cartels
Literally zero evidence. Anyways if you're into miner conspiracy theories it should worry you that chinise mining pools have over 60% of the BTC hash power, so you're not really any better of with Bcore.

who calls bitcoin bitcoin core?
roger, jihan, and sock puppets
who calls bitcoin cash bcash?
everyone except roger, jihan and sock puppets

2major mining pools owned by 2 major bcash promoters...

Go back to your censored shithole on reddit, corecuck.

Same mining pools also mine BTC, you fucking brainlet lmao

i wonder why they are still mining bitcoin... oh wait they finally realised their fork is a worthless piece of shit shitcoin

>what says Safety, Reliability, and Security?
>Oh I know! A girl with heavy make up to hide the cracks

kek angry virgin

if you go to fork.lol you can see which coin is more profitable to mine, it switches back and forth all the time so all miners who arent brainlets mine whatever coin is the most profitable at any given moment.

No adoption.
bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactions-btc-eth-bch-ltc.html#3m
Too many competitors. BCH isn't competing with BTC only, but also ETH.

Expect slow bleeding with intermittent pumps and dumps.

wow your are retarded and condescending.
How is it that 2 major players in mining industry that publicly endorse (roger called bcash "my project") a coin and still allocate most of their ressource to mine their competitor? Why Ver is still holding lots and lots of bitcoin? Why are you trusting these ppl do you really think they have your best interest at heart? are you really that stupid?

>on-chain scaling
>1GB block
>petabyte blockchain
>full node requires $1000 of external hard drive space
I like bcash too; but if the lightning network works it's ogre.

whats wrong with calling bitcoin cash /our project/ ? ver is our lord and savior, we need people like him to defend the vision.
perhaps you are just worried that people realise bcore is under blockstream banksters sole control ?

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=6V365_59-Lc
relevant information on blockstream & core