The nerfbat cometh edition. Cryx gutted!!

The nerfbat cometh edition. Cryx gutted!!

Remember dudes and dudettes. Play nice with one another. We all benefit from this new edition.

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-04-28-2016
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

New privateer press insider is out on cryx leaks:

privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-04-28-2016

Bane Warriors (thralls for you casuals)

Lost weaponmaster
Lost stealth
Bane lord tartarus lost curse
Bane warriors gaine: Brutal charge and ghostly.

neeerrrrffffff em in to the ground!

What happened to my gaytors?
Are they shit?

the article is cryx only. lots and lots of nerfs. denny got it up da ass hard

But gators, bruh

You're mixing up the warriors and knights. And curse is not gone, it just lost the movement buff.

>gators nerfed
>pigs buffed
>Minions merged
It'll all be okay in the end, bro.

Anyone picked up any of the recent heavy resculpts? Any pictures of the new next to the old? I'm curious how much larger they are, thinking of picking some up with Thunderhead releasing this week.

>def 14
Fuuuuuuuuuck

while the bonechickens getting guted to 14 sucks, as a cryx player im sort of ok with many of the nerfs here. dennys nerfs weren't as bad as I was expecting so that's pretty good and the Wraith Engine may actually prove somewhat more viable. the mcthralls nerf wasn't to bad either since in my experience they tend to die quickly any way so one less point in DEf isn't to bad.

all in all it could have been worse IMHO, im interested to see what other changes are coming to the other casters and jacks like DJ.

Yeah but 3 fucking points

That's a big nerf.

He's confusing stuff.

Bane KNIGHTS lost WM but gained a Pow and Brutal charge.

Bane WARRIORS (Thralls) still have Dark Shround/WM but lost stealth in place of gaining Ghostly.

Tartarus didn't loose Curse but Curse got a nerf so it doesn't give the +2 movement.

All Nerfs but fuck if they weren't warranted.

Also, Bane Knights + Debuffs will still ruin whatever you want them to really.

I am actually way more interested in what is happening to Raiders.

Are Raiders still going to be pieces of shit that scream across the board and jam up your army forever?

Also, odds are the other Cryx infantry will get some stuff. I.E. Blackbanes, Black Orgyn and Bloodgorgers.

Oh man, looking forward to new Bloodgorgers.

For you?

One job user, one fucking job.

I'm far too busy enjoying Baneposting.

I hope that bloodgorgers get reach or something to help them get into Combat more effectively

Bane thralls/warriors did not lose weaponmaster, they traded stealth for ghostly and recieved a 1" melee.

Bane knights are pow12 with brutal charge (wich for you not math inclined is no change on the charge)

Curse lost the movement buff, retained the mat fix.

The things that were nerfed are: McThralls, because you cant activate when you are created. Casters and solos that cant charge friendly units

I hope Raiders lose AD and the Blood Hag no longer prevents healing.

McThralls also went down to Def 11 and lost a point of pow on the Fists so they're now Pow 10 and Combo-strike to 13.

Now hopefully Necrosurgeons can only collect from enemy living models.

>free rider policy comes out
>FLGS brick and mortar starts selling normal stock on eBay for 30%~ off and free shipping

God bless them.

On a related note I'm really tempted to get a second unit of steelhead cavalry even though I don't know their status (besides FA:2) in Mk3

>Cryx balancing
Calling it now. MkIII:Best Edition Ever

It's already shaping up to be that way. All these changes spell nothing but good things for my Skorne.

>Cryx infantry balanced
>Cygnar infantry good
>Khador jacks viable
>legion doesn't ignore 75% of the rulebook

Cats and dogs living wth each other. Utter mayhem

I never knew the end of the world could be so beautiful.

What does MkIII mean for Menoth?

Better boost to hit.

We'll find out soon(ish).

Schism.

Really, if they and Gerlak were the exact same but gained the 1" reach, they would be amazing. Having the extra reach and Overtake would make them great. Having Tough + No Knockdown makes them one of the better Tough units in the new rules.

They are only 8 points, if they get some kind of points reduction they'd be sweet. Odds are they will gain something to compensate for the loss of Terror/Fearless.

Who knows though.

Black Ogrun could be cool if they finally change Drag to allow you to pull bigger based enemies if you use CRA (Something I really hope they do).

They stop believing in whatshisface, instead decide they're atheists.

You guys forgot that we pretty much lost Skarlocs since they're useless now. Also the speed boost on curse was huge, The other changes i can live with but those 2 are bullshit.

So far, all I can surmise is this.

Jacks will have a harder time hitting with range attacks.

This might be a problem for the old Menoth gun battery.

However, maybe they will finally allow Menoth jacks to gain pathfinder?

Either way, we know Knights Exemplar have a 1" reach. I've always loved those guys and here hoping I can run 2 units of them without feeling bad about not taking Errants.

Outside of that we know nothing important. The free focus will be good for them. If the Reckoner still has Flare, he might end up being even more important for our guns.

I get the feeling Purification will be boned overall.

Anybody have any hopes for Menoth? I really liked how Menoth played in MK2 so I don;t know what should be changed except to maybe allow them Pathfinder.

I'm really hoping the Judicator is better though. Love that fucking model.

What was bullshit was you having that shit in the first place.

Eh. You also don't know if that will allow other casters/models in your army to actually have speed buffs now. Also, there is still Darragh Wraithe and the possability he still has the 1" move and the probability that they will actually be cheaper now (It stated that they were downgraded but "priced accordingly")

All this really changes is how many Banes you might get to charge with and considering you only ever needed a few to get there in MK2, I think you'll be fine.

The Skarlock change is actually kind of important though. It's weird, not sure how to feel about it just yet with only partial knowledge. However, there is also a very real possibility that the change will allow the Skarlock to cast spells with a higher cost than 3 so, maybe that could be interesting.

As a Skorne player, I am a bit concerned because of Marketh and how necissary he was to the play style of certain casters (Makeda1, Morghoul1, etc.) for juggling buffs.

>Khador jacks viable
WHO READY FOR KARCHEV: RAGE INCARNATE

I am hyped as shit for Kharchev actually.

I always loved that guy. He're hoping he gets some love.

>Denny 'bout to fuck his shit up
>he stares at her and yells vodka runes, then ROLLS to khador

You shouldn't have had them to begin with. Welcome to how other factions play. Time for Cryx players to get good.

Zzz all this Salt tell me where Gaspy 2 touched you

Ritual Sacrifice was confirmed to be Self on mk3. I'm laughing my ass off at the thought of all the Cryx players actually having to make choices and having to deal with actual weaknesses and risks after two editions of shitting on the rest of us.

In the caster

You aren't actually delusional enough to think any of that would have survived a transition to mk3, right? The announcement of mk3 by PP was the end of Cryx Tryx. When your faction warps the meta so hard that every army has to take a list specifically to deal with your general strategy (and even then, maybe has a 60:40), then it's pretty obvious that your most egregious pieces are going to be toned down like Skarlock's casting Ritual Sacrifice/swapping upkeeps, Bane Knights threatening 16" away with charging weaponmaster attacks, and Excarnate Bile Thrall purges.

I mean, banes really just got too fast when it came down to it. I'm fine with them hitting really fucking hard but it got downright dumb sometimes how fast they got. The Skarlock was always just a smidge too good anyhow.

I only took them with ghost walk casters, terminus and venethrax. Not being able to cycle soul collector is a bummer

Local Cryx player is losing his shit on our store's FB page.

>wahh devaluing models I've purchased
>wahh, MK3 sucks because it's just ruining Cryx
>they're buffing Wraith Engine but waahh, I don't want to buy one

The tears are glorious.

Bane knights were quick because of vengence and reach, but bane thralls are criminally slow. Trading stealth for ghostly is a great way to ensure they're shelf status. Remember- they're 12/15s.

>Cygnar infantry good
Please yes please. I've got $200 stashed away and I've got my anus clenched waiting for either Merc or Cygnar spoilers to decide which way I'm gonna jump.

They might get an armor buff and you have Occultation in Faction. Now you don't even have to worry about Pathfinder, and they'll probably be cheaper.

The silliest part about all of this is that we have only seen/heard small tidbits of the overall faction's pieces. We literally have no idea how the rest of the faction functions. If he doesn't like the pieces that he feels were "invalidated" I'm sure he has other options unless he's just some mongoloid with two lists of thirty knights.

Oh noes. I sure as hell don't have a caster that makes more of them or buff their suvivability.

>Cryx no longer free win EZ mode

I kinda want to play Cryx now.

This is true. But trading some speed might give them some excuse to give Cryx better options for shooting defenses. Besides, as long as they keep tough and dead rise those are decent defenses to keep them alive on the way in. They also hinted at the possibility of a point cost reduction.

Anyone have any idea how MK3 is going to treat terrain? I'm fucking tired of boards with 3 pieces of terrain distributed to each corner that offer absolutely nothing to the game

>not wanting an excuse to buy a machine ghost that now shits out smaller machine ghosts.

Guy sounds pleb as fuck I bet he spams banes like their going out of stock.

The only warrior models he ever plays are Bane Thralls, MechThralls, and a single unit of Satyxis.

He has Deathjack and some bonejacks for arcs.

This is a guy that min/maxes an Asphyxious battlegroup for every journeyman and brags about each time he beats new players.

More terrain (recommended 6-8 pieces instead of 5-7)

There will be rules in steamroller documents about placing terrain towards the middle and not at the table edges.

No more limitations on obstacles next to objectives

No more "toeing in", need to be completely in a terrain piece to get benefits from it.

>legion doesn't ignore 75% of the rulebook

I'm actually curious how they're going to go about reworking Legion. eVayl will no longer have her 5 extra points, so that's taken care of. I could see shorter ranged Consume Fury on the Forsaken, a price bump for the pot, and an Eyeless Sight Nerf.

I'm somewhat down for playing more infantry if they make some of the choices less boring. Hex Hunters, Grotesques, and Nyss Raptors are cool and thematic, but then we have a shit ton of really generic dudes that are just sort of there.

Ok first of all, if that's how the terrain is set up for you the person who set it up needs to be taken out back and Old Yeller'd.

As for Mk3 they're upping the recommended terrain density from 5-7 to 6-8, and you now have to be completely within a forest/cloud/hill to get the benefit of it. They also removed terrain restrictions from scenario elements, so you can have more stuff in zones or near flags/objectives now.

Same. I got the battle box, DJ, and a Skarlock, but I've never really played them.

Plus now I can haunt ebay for people trying to ditch their army and snag some units for cheap.

Then I can kind of understand. I don't necessarily like the sound of this guy but I can understand why he'd be upset. Still a bit of an overreaction.

>Takes a Deathjack
>Accused of being a power gamer

Sounds like someone never played a high level game of MK2

Take pathfinder off legion walking heavies, give it to circle heavies who don't have it

I'm just saying what he owns.

Deathjack only hits the table if he's playing a new player.

Against someone average or better it's cookie-cutter banespam with Satyxis that run up turn 1 to jam. Jack points are just enough bonejacks to fill it and are used as arc nodes.

Regarding the to hit with ranged, remember that a lot less units will be unable to get the benefit from cover as "toeing" is gone. Yep, good luck Troll players ever benefiting from Cover EVER again with all those XBOXHUGE bases of yours. Trust me, there will always be some guys stuck in the open.

The changes are fine, really. I play Cryx and like all factions they had the "must haves", but simply had better and more to pick from. To get it all in line with everything else is just perfect, and I love the "Cryx is a nation of scrap" thing they aim for. Lots and lots of shit troops that can easily be resurrected/built on the battlefield, Jacks that are dirt cheap, and finally units with a set combat role.
You want a unit that hits like a truck? Get Bane Warriors.
You want a unit which is a bit more resilient? Get Bane Knights.
You want speed? Get Satyxis.
You want a meat shield? Get Mechanithralls.

And so on, instead of just "hell, Ill just spam more Bane Thralls"...

He had high level lists he was good in during MKII. Just there were lists he really shouldn't ever have been it. For example, there is a Cryx player at my locals who has Deathjack in every pSkarre list and it almost never really does anything of use but sit there. Refuses to listen to my advice because he generally thinks he knows better. He's been riding the coattails of Lich2, pSkarre, and both Dennies for all of MKII (at least until Denny2 was errata'd). I really hope he has to actually kind of play the game in MKIII.

>banes now only have ghostly
>pcaine cries tears of joy

Oh lordy

Personally think stealth was overkill. To be fair, Ghostly and pathfinder is even more valued now in mrk3, as there is more terrain features and you don't get benefit if your not wholly inside.
Banes will still hit like a fucking truck, but I think they will more likely take the role of main targets now. The enemy will do anything to get those fuckers down, which means we have more stuff going our way. Besides, We don't know what buffs we have, how we can negate enemy shooting and so on, so its not all goodnight Banes, they just have a more set combat role now than before.

Can't wait for the legion nerfs

Someone explain to a guy who's been out of the loop what the new edition means for Cygnar Gunmage lists. Because I put my collecting on hold before my completed list and I was wondering if it was worth it.

I don't like goreshade :(

I was considering a horeshade list but I'm on a purchasing freeze until LnL

That looks great, but I just can't stand the WE model.

Uness your playing goreshade2, you are not spamming bane thralls lol. Hell,I only bring a min unit with no UA in my lich2 list

ROF d3 Leviathans, some nerf. Mk3 is going to be PP forcing Cryx players to actually learn their faction and discovering how lucky the rest of us have been in that they've basically been the right-hand-column scrub player in those "warmachine casters explained" comics you see now and again in these threads.

Really looking forward to seeing what Skinwalkers and Ravagers look like. Both are supposed to see some sort of buff, and I love my Circle heavy infantry, even if they don't always love me back.

Nothing Gunmage-relevant has been spoiled, but we do know a few things that indirectly affect lists.

1. You lists will have more warjacks and less infantry (unless you took just a Stormwall, in which case your points comp won't actually change that much) because casters get more warjack points now but the unrestricted points have decreased.

2. Unit attachments now have the same FA as their units, so multiple units of gunmages can have the UA officer. We don't know how their rules have changes so that may be relevant or it may.

3. Some PPS dude mentioned off-hand that the Gunmage Captain Adept (the solo) is now a super badass or something, which would be in line with the trend of them making shit models less shit.

>Both are supposed to see some sort of buff
We know a lot of the changes already. Point decrease, and the Chieftain now has minifeat: Overtake and grants Vengeance. Of course they're going down to 5 boxes like the rest of the non-Man-o-War medium based infantry, which is whatever since they died to a stiff breeze anyway.

Skinwalkers I'm more worried about, because the drop to 5 boxes hits them much harder. They'll need a significant ARM boost to compensate.

Yeah, the description of the new Ravagers makes me hard, especially with the point decrease + FA:U on the Chieftain.

The Skinwalkers were specifically mentioned as being particularly resilient, so I'm hoping it's a net increase.

I mean, I'm expecting that eMorv is going to take it right on the jaw, so they can make our heavy infantry actually good.

Why don't you all just play Malifaux? Cheaper, more interesting play, better rules.

No need to start shit man.

Plus I play both anyway.

> UA for every gunmage
> GMCA finally usable
> get to put more shooty gubbins in my list
I see some PriPress purchases in my future.

Wonder if Sloan will get any new theme lists. I like her snoipah roifle.

Gay western ugoigo meme game

I have a few armies at around 35p (50p in the new edition) and is looking to expand to 50p (75 in the new edition), what would be your pick?

Retribution - Have a different Rhan force with the Hyperion in it, would be great to bump up to a max army as I already have quite a lot of warjacks to spare the new increase of Warjack points. Am super exited to see what privateer press does with the Hyperion (all other colossal seems to be totally fucking extreme now, so I really have my hopes up for him!).

Convergence - Lots and lots of jacks. and mechanics. And mechanic solos. And more jacks! All thats really needed (in the old points system) was a Colossal. Also had a thing to spread out my jacks on this one, which seems fine now that spamming units doesn't seem to be a thing in mrk3.

Cryx - Bought the limited ed 35 point box a while back. Really digging the changes and hopes for cheaper more expandable infantry, and ... well cheaper more expandable jacks as well. My hopes for this list is that it actually has dropped in points from where it used to be. Would need a truck load of jacks though, perhaps a Kraken, as privateer really wants those colossal sold, and they are getting a brand new in plastic really soon. Still holding my high hopes up for a plastic regiment of McThralls with attachment, as I refuse to scrape and clean a full unit in metal ever again!

Well, there you have it, what would be your pick and why? I'm leaning towards the Retribution, because seriously, who doesn't want to win looking like an I-pod?

>Wonder if Sloan will get any new theme lists.
Theme lists as we know them are dead and gone.

New theme lists are more similar to Merc contracts, where they aren't restricted to a specific caster and the unit restrictions aren't as harsh, and they just provide flat benefits rather than a series of increasing tiers.

I'd take that blow in a heartbeat. I want a reason to run eKromac and a buncha beasts and beastmen. The whitemane is such a cool model that hardly ever sees the tabletop.

It doesn't help that Cryx is big in my local meta, so there's not a lotta hearts to be had.

>so there's not a lotta hearts to be had.
How they'll address Heart Eater is one of the things I'm most curious about. As it stands now only about half the factions in the game are likely to give you living infantry to kill.

Maybe they'll just realize they were over-valuing it and account for that in the point reduction, but if you can't trigger Heart Eater and they have no other way to get extra attacks Overtake doesn't actually do anything meaningful.

Maybe Chieftan or Shaman or Whitemane or a tier will give them some tokens?

Maybe Shaman will be worth taking ever. Berserk would be fitting on barbarian berserkers...

Hell, sounds appealing to me. Means I can swap casters and maybe not give up all the benefits I worked so hard to acquire.

Frankly I'd love to see Heart Eater removed from the models or at least a good chunk of the ones that already had it. It isn't a terrible rule but it just feels like a rule that is like "What else should we give them...idk Heart Eater? Sounds good, print it." I'd like to see more interesting rules than that

Why didn't you say Warhammer?

You would have gotten more responses.

They actually are giving Tharn overtake as a mini feat to take more advantage of Heart Eater. So yea, still only living, but they're very good at killing those living models.

I'm aware and that's cool. I just hate how many of our models they are just tagged on. I understand it is thematic for our faction but I'm just tired of seeing it on models. It just feels like a lazy last rule addition to me. Kind of like how there are so many Cryx models with soul manipulation abilities.

The issue is a lot of models get overcosted due to a super situational ability. Like the blood pack is spendy as hell for 6 RAT 6 shots. They hit pretty hard, but I'd rather take Bloodtrackers AND Nuala for the same points.

I would much rather have a more expensive Bane Warriors (thralls) with Stealth than having two Bane units with Ghostly.

They were set apart, PP said they were doing their best to make things more different in mark III

The two units are still pretty different, honestly.

Stealth was a big problem on Banes, it made them far too easy to deliver, especially with Tough and Dead Rise on top of that.

Now, Bane Thralls are the harder of the two to deliver, but hit harder, where as Knights are more versatile, but not as straight up powerful.

Making the game fun for non-Cryx players IS setting it apart.

Tough got a nerf already, and Curse on BLT was nerfed as well

You can't tell me there isn't a point cost for Mark III Bane Warriors with Stealth

>PP said they were doing their best to make things more different in mark III

and they are, knights are 'fast attack alphastrikers' and warriors are 'slow mop up what's left crew', it's just bane is now synonymous with ghostly

Knights are the same speed as Warriors

There is no cursed speed boost

Yea, which is the point. Knights deliver themselves, Thralls don't.

Thralls hit like trucks, Knights no longer do. As much.