What's with all the scifi settings that have what are basically just D&D elves but in space?

What's with all the scifi settings that have what are basically just D&D elves but in space?

People like pointy ears.

Because sci-fi is (at least to some point) just fantasy with a different paint job

people are unoriginal

It's an easy way to work in a race of sexy alien women.

Also Spock.

what, didn't like banner of the stars?
or Macross?
or Tenchi?
or warhammer?

Going in order

Some of it
No
No
Some of it

If you were smart enough to understand what elves represent, then you'd already have answered your question.

Alas, you aren't, and so you had to come here and be a retard.

I want to cum on some pointy ears.

I'm not really into sci-fi. So except 40k and Star Trek, how many of them have them? How many of them are japanese settings?

With the exception of one's created before the eighties, most. One's that are based more in reality, or a satire of reality, like Starship Troopers, don't. But as soon as you allow for other sentient humanoid races, elves arrive.

A lot of elves-in-space shit is more space fantasy than scifi. Yes, there are exceptions, and no, I'm not saying it's wrong to call them scifi, there isn't exactly a hard line there. I'm not trying to be a pedant but where you see space magic and space-sword-fights you shouldn't be surprised to find space elves.

I almost think elves make more sense in space than they do in the woods.

Because people are uninteresting faggots.

The only thing better than space elves, are Giant space elves.

Bear in mind that Mass Effect is basically Planescape....IIIIIIIN SPAAAAAAAACE!

That's... That's not the image I posted...

Mass Effect was literally 3D Star Control 2 ya dingus

Source?

Macross Delta.

>not liking Macross
tasteless pleb detected

Is this what we got rid of quests for? More space for retards to ask autistic questions?

Considering the presence of quests have no impact on anybody's ability to make a thread, no.