/wqdt/ Weekend Quest Discussion Thread - Life continues as normal Edition

This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Useful links: pastebin.com/x6BqaJ7r
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you are a QM, simply post your Twitter here to have it added to the directory. Spamming your quest twitter with non-quest related tweets may result in its removal from the directory.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

>QM
What kind of quest would you like to run, but you are afraid that it would fail and die?

>Player
What kind of quest you would like to play, but there hasn't been no QMs that would run that type?

Other urls found in this thread:

anonkun.com/user/brighttegu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does Exabyte still run stuff?

Not recently. He's still around though, in a vague kind of way.

Guys, MSQ is back.
QUE HORROR

Friendly reminder folks; there's no need to engage the anti-quest fags. Report any violations and keep on with your quest, discussion, an' feedback.

> What kind of quest you would like to play, but there hasn't been no QMs that would run that type?

Honestly? A proper god game, where you shape a world that contains only what you (and your fellow gods?) create in it and influence the societies that result.

I´m too new to have heard of it. Is it awful or good?

It was... MSQ
You had to be there.

Technically no as /qst/ is meant ONLY for quests and not quest metathreads.

That doesn´t exaclty fill me with confidence, you know?

Ah, whatever. I just open that thread and see for myself how it is. It can´t be as bad as the time, I tried to read through princess knight quest or whatever the name was...

I was in the first MSQ thread.
It was fun.

Later parts got convoluted, wish fulfill-y, and creepy.

People keep telling Orc Warlord has migrated to Akun.
Can someone give a link?

Rule 1 of /qst/, all threads posted there have to be quests. The discussion stays here forever.

anonkun.com/user/brighttegu

Hasn't yet, here's his Akun profile for when it does.

just report and ignore them

>Followers
>183
Holy shit.

Can't see that pic without posting this.

Jesus christ, it's not -that- MSQ is it?
Who in their right mind would try to revive -that-?

Since it's gone now, I have to ask. Were we talking Magical Shounen Quest or Modern Satyr Quest?

It's the five-years-ago MSQ.
The glorious one.
ftfy

No it's still around, check the catalog over there.

And it's Mahou Shounen

Mahou Shounen Quest of course.

>the glorious one

You best be sarcastic.
That…thing is the closest to making me agree with the anti-quest fags

Well I guess that confirms that /qst/ is the worst thing ever.

So something that's amusing to point out, the guy that said questing is increasing on Veeky Forums is probably correct. /mlp/ surged from a 1 to 2 a week average to always having 15 to 25 up, which I would assume overshoots Veeky Forums's decrease for the year by a fair amount.

This is, of course, completely irreverent to Veeky Forums or /qst/ since no one wants ponyquests anywhere but on /mlp/, including ponyquesters.

Just an amusing factoid.

>Nazimod returns to purge Veeky Forums of quests and shit everywhere
>this leaves a newly minted board with a fanbase unaware of Veeky Forums's locked away horrors
>some dickass let LG know
>now MSQ is back in full fucking force
well son of a bitch, ready the nukes from orbit, its back and now it has a whole new wave of weebs to power its unholy might, be afraid anons, for we are now about to see one of the single largest waves of faggotry ever conceived return in full force with some of the largest clusterfuck of a backstory, mary sue and full on retardation from some of the worst shitposters forged in the fires of 10,000 assblasted grognards, AND IT WILL BE BACK ON Veeky Forums AS SOON AS THE FUCKING MODS DELETE /qst/ SINCE IT DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH TRAFFIC.

Hey, haven't been around here much. I see that a quest board has been created, but quests are still being run here? Did everyone decide the board was shit, or what?

Mahou Shounen is running there right now.

I think that's a nice summarization of the status of that board.

its more like nazimod returned, crapped on people and ignored everything said in stickys while insulting the shit out of them, and generally being an overall ass.
it also doesn't help that other mods are literally deleting shit on Veeky Forums thats pro /qst/ or anti-quest signifying that they are against nazimod's overall retardation.

i still can't believe LG still even exists, let alone was waiting for as soon as he can slip under the radar to bring that crap back, i'm legitimately impressed overall, and the worst part is it might very well get some major traction in the day later, causing for when /qst/ inevitably gets deleted because of mods getting sick of nazimods faggotry it might develop a fanbase big enough to once again haunt Veeky Forums.

It's been a very eventful few days as you can tell

Short version, /qst/ was made about two days ago because a small group of people were mad about badwrongfun that can easily be filtered tainting their board purity, so they whinged on /qa/ until Mootwo made a new board that very little of it's known target userbase wanted. Nazimod may or may not have been involved and using this as a justification, meaning he's gotten smarter, which is terrifying.

Feedback thread for the idea of the board's creation had very, *very* little positive to say about the concept over more than a thousand posts. Two hours later, the board went up. This annoyed people...let's say significantly.

Of the Veeky Forums QMs, a few are trying it out, some want to stay here, more still are on hiatus with a wait and see attitude and at least two have jumped ship on Veeky Forums entirely. Two shilled for it but they were a known shitstarter that enjoys baiting players and immediately lynched by their own fans, respectively.

>planefag and LG are once again running concurrantly on the same board with the same shitposty super faggotry quests that nearly broke the last time the 2 were together.
mother of fuck, its like the league of Veeky Forums supervillains over there, seriously, next is gonna be virt, then Jim Profit, then Technomancer, then finally the furry queen herself will probably eventually show up in some unholy ritual of double heresy that will cause the needs of Veeky Forums to be purged in mass.

Which one was lynched by their own fanbase, planefag? I know both that Exalted QM and XS tested it out and were...less than enthused with it's performance.

Holy shit we won, we finally fucking won, dedicated quest board for the quest shitters. Now Veeky Forums can finally be cleansed of quest cancer.

>I know both that Exalted QM and XS tested it out and were...less than enthused with it's performance.
Really? I remember them both singing the mod's praises before running.

Can someone explain LG and Mahou Shounen is? I'm too newfag to know.

>What kind of quest would you like to run, but you are afraid that it would fail and die?
A Space Marine quest, but not marines from a specific setting. I feel like I'd wanna do the bootcamp stuff before a war starts up, sort of like starship troopers. I worry about with the idea of "Space Marine quest" there'd be an expectation it be basically halo or warhammer or something, and if not that it would go straight into the action.

>fanfic quests

I wonder if taking a piss on the material will attract people, if only because they'll nerdrage over it?

Man, if you don´t want it, don´t read it and filter it instead. Why the fuck do you guys have to turn into shitposters, the second you see a perceived "victory"?

About exaltedfag. Is he(?) on hiatus or something? Checked the twitter, but aside from the qm waiting for archival features, there is nothing new there.

Exalted QM liked it before running, don't know what the opinion was after.
XS was hesitant before running and underwhelmed afterwards.

Exalted Fag, though this is second-hand information and I have few details since I don't actually follow him. Certainly wouldn't be following him now, at any rate.

Planefag is the known shitstarter, though I guess he's also in a perpetual state of being lynched. Also tried to start drama by putting a dig at a QM in one of his asks. Said QM gave no fucks.

So far it's looking like we get to stay if we want.

EF was, XS was more resignation, IIRC.

>Really? I remember them both singing the mod's praises before running.

Then you either need better reading comprehension or a better memory.

I mean, other than the fact that /qst/ is unnecessary, it still isn't that big of a deal.

Why not run on that board as opposed to Veeky Forums?

Soma ran his quest on that board and his thread didn't implode. Sure, you can still run here if you want but there's no real reason to not run on /qst/.

Look guys, you can't deny that pre-Catalog and a few years back when there were a lot more quests on this board the other denizens of Veeky Forums were right to be pissed off about how much quests were dominating the board.

Sure, now those complaints are a lot less valid. But if you shit in someone's house don't be surprised when they hold that shit against you as an irrational grudge.

so we are still allowed to run quests on Veeky Forums right?
and must all new quests go onto the quest board?
Just asking.

You don't want to know

Long story short, a clusterfuck of a crossover fanfiction wish-fulfillment faggotry that went on for far too long

LG stands for Landing Gear, which is the QM for Mahou Shounen Quest, which is typically known as the single cancerous quest to have ever graced Veeky Forums, its so bad thats its actually ranked up there with Jim Profit and the Nazi Mod in tier's of Veeky Forums walking shitstorms.
its a pretty god damn huge deal looking at Veeky Forums history.

XS gave it a go, and gave a definitively negative review afterwords, though I can't locate it at this point. Exaltedfag has decided to run once over there and see how it goes, but there was a palpable hesitancy to his anouncement. If I could link it I would, but I do not know how to link between boards. Its post no. 16559 on the feedback thread if you're interested.

Yes
No

If you say so.

Any word from GraveQM? His twitter just says something about a hiatus

Ones that existed before definitely are. There was also a short-lived Parasyte Quest post-/qst/ up that lasted long enough for it's QM to die and it to fall off, so probably new ones are too.

Sorry to bother, but I´ve been looking all over for you. Any idea when you will be running again?

All we need now is a sanitized version of Fuck Quest, and for Dadaragons to turn up.

He's running Exalted next week on /qst/ to see if it works out well.

I know because I babysit the /qst/ feedback thread constantly.

>and for Dadaragons to turn up.
It did show up, actually. One of the first quests.

He was in one of the previous threads and mentioned he might try running on Veeky Forums on saturday, that was the last I heard out of him.

Well I am not going to touch it now. Thanks

i almost expect sergalfag to show up there next with a cutebold quest to start as a one shit, then slowly proceeding to do the retardation he usually does and invades fucking everything.

>and for Dadaragons to turn up
don't speak that name or he shall appear. We've managed to contain him in the Civ General, don't summon him

Then I´m going to try and wait until then.

I only looked once at the new board and the huge amount of "drawquests" turned me off. It´s not exactly what I´m used too.

>I don't know if this is good or not but i'll give it a try
>"singing the mod's praises"

Reported

To be fair to user, even being mildly accepting of something that's undesired and is being forced upon you can be turned into extreme positivity by the human brain.

Veeky Forums hobby discussion goes on Veeky Forums

>announcing your reports

kek

/qst/ doesn't allow meta discussions of quests.
hence why /qtg/ is here.

Report and ignore lads, report and ignore.

This is /qtg/ lad. We're the shitposters here. And you just decided to hand the (you)s out like candy.

Remember. Ignore.

Nobody is going to agree with your "sensible points" if you start calling what they take hours of their time to do "shit". So, once again, fuck off.

Besides the current shitposting going on by /v/ and lack of suptg archive, what exactly is wrong with a new quest board? Bigger post limits, IDs to trim samefag (Yes I understand real tryhards could get away with it), Veeky Forums gets to stay in their pure original form, and you get a place dedicated to questing.

Hell I'd even try QMing again once the funposting dies out.

Sometime next week. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday. I don't know my schedule yet, so I can't guarantee it won't be Wednesday or Thursday instead, but, as usual, I'll post a warning on Twitter the day before and try my best to stick with it.

My first impressions on /qst/ are mostly summed up on after starting a "test" quest there.

I intend to run my next installment of Exalted Quest there as a final test. I'm not married to the board or anything: if it works well enough, I plan on staying there. If not, I'll come back to Veeky Forums. In any case, Exalted Quest will still continue somewhere.

I hope that, if you liked Exalted Quest up to now, you wouldn't stop following it simply because the threads are posted on a different board.

If I'm proven wrong, and the fact that the content a post is on another board is more important than the actual quality of the content I post, I'll accept that.

Quests aren't removed from their board. A quest on Veeky Forums is not the same as a quest on /a/, or /b/, or /v/. Herding them all into the same forum has always been a stupid ass idea. Always. I mean, I'm completely okay with /qst/ existing as long as nobody is forced to put their quests there, and we can stop herding unrelated quests to Veeky Forums.

Don´t worry. I will be following you, even if you change the board. I´m posting in three different ones myself all the time.

That said, good luck.

Wow, way to get buttblasted.

I'm not saying you aren't putting effort into what you're doing.

I'm just saying that many people running quests now, especially if they're new, may not understand why exactly so many anti-quest fags exist.

Sure, they seem like stupid idiots now because they sorta are.

But just like all of you have this deep seated personal issue with anything the mods try to do because of your history with nazimod.

People that don't like quests have their irrational hatred of quests centered in a time when quests really were "taking over Veeky Forums"

When the catalog didn't exist so 'front page real estate' actually mattered and quests were super popular a lot of people legitimately stopped coming to Veeky Forums because they didn't want to wade through quest threads to see the other things they liked.

I don't understand the logic and as a frequent of /a/ I do not see quests there. I don't know if /b/ does their quest shit and I wouldn't think mods would care enough to force those to be on qst, and I don't know if /v/ does those but I sincerely doubt it makes s significant part of their culture.

Quests run in Veeky Forums have been VERY anime and general waifufaggotry, had a lot of video game inspired quests, and some history stuff too.

And quite frankly while I do enjoy quests, I don't understand why they have to be here and what benefits quests get by being here, besides people who are upset about change. If the current /v/ shitposting dies there and gets removed I see very little argument for why quests here should be transferred.

So just like hating someone for what their ancestors did then?

Makes perfect sense to me, I could definitely see their reasoning.
That was sarcasm

I still exist. was lurking the board a couple times a week since i had classes. now that its summer vacation and now that a test board for quests came up, i decided to test a run of MSQ.

>So just like hating someone for what their ancestors did then?

Sort of, in fact. Exactly.

Look, african-americans (niggers) bitch all the time cuz SLAVERY.

And sometimes they're being faggots but every once in a while you gotta admit, they did get fucking enslaved and the whole world just sorta went, eh, free now, let's move on.

In this same way a lot of the 'questfags' are acting sorta saintly like they're being persecuted and EXILED TO THE GHETTO BOARD (like you're fucking jews) and it's like, do you not remember when the questing phenomena was actually a gigantic issue plaguing tg?

And I realize some of you weren't around for that and don't realize that questfags EXILED other people from Veeky Forums if we're going to used hyperbolic, buzzword language. So I'm here to inform you, yeah, antiquestfags weren't always just full of shit.

So yeah, /qst/ is like way too late and plenty of other features that alleviated the problem were introduced.

But the anger of getting fucked is still there and now people just want you gone out of spite. Which isn't right.

But it's certainly understandable.

And there is nothing wrong with /qst/. There is no downside from running all new quests there instead of here.

Speaking of /qst/, I saw an shadowrun quest on there. Haven´t clicked on it myself, so does anybody know if it was any good?

How do I format on /qst/? I've tried everything to find some sort of guide and there's nothing. What am I missing?

they made a naga adept because they thought nagas had arms.
Another victim of shadowrun's awful naming conventions.

There's a sticky mate.

In that case they should have introduced /qst/ back then when there really is a problem (I was there when MSQ spewed out its faggotry, wading through the board wasn't very fun),
not now when things have mostly settled down and we're sort of maintaining a status quo.

Personally I still view /qst/ as unneccesary, but most of my beef stemmed from how badly the mod handled things.

I agree it was unnecessary. But it's here.

And I disagree with how the mods handled it.

They answered feedback and made changes based on what the questing community wanted and they'll probably continue to do so.

What they didn't do is just shut down the /qst/ board they had been planning, probably for months beforehand, because a thousand kneejerk REEEEEEs assaulted them.

They haven't kicked anybody off Veeky Forums and they are actively deleting /qst/ shitposting in Veeky Forums quest threads.

They look like they aren't handling things well because it is impossible to 'handle' you guys without capitulating. When everyone unanimously asked for everyone being able to post images, they gave it to you. And instead of going on from there, plenty of people just went "wel, uh, the fact that you didn't think to have that be part of the board beforehand, uh, means I don't trust you anyway".

Like, shit, what the fuck does Manager have to do to get you to trust him? Oh wait, questfags are doing exactly what antiquestfags are doing by shoving all of their irrational hatred of Manager's ancestor -- Nazimod -- onto the benevolent (so far) actions of the current moderation.

You kicked and yelled and screamed at them so they decided, alright, we need to introduce this in the least aggressive manner possible like showing a fussy, screaming baby why vegetables aren't a super nasty thing in the universe via the choo choo train method.

>And I disagree with how the mods handled it.

Meant to say I disagree with your assessment on how the mods handled it.

>But it's here.
And in a month's time it won't be.

>And in a month's time it won't be.
What makes you say that?

There still was a problem but there was no use arguing with a brick wall. Now theyre gone this is most likely to be the status quo and I think thats for the best as traditional and tabletop games had practically only half a board to themselves and most people seem to agree with the change.

Almost everyone agrees with the change and not in a 'silence is agreement sort of way'. This will be the new normal and traditional and tabletop games will have a board devoted to them again as they havent for years.

The fact that unused boards the whery ideas of which get a lot of negative feedback usually don't live for long.

But its a used board with lots of positive feedback

>Practically only half
>20 threads max out of 150

>They answered feedback and made changes based on what the questing community wanted and they'll probably continue to do so.

Sure but only the relatively cosmetic bits, they basically danced around the elephant in the room in the first feedback thread.

While they did address the image-posting issue, frankly it's pretty obvious why the original rule was idiotic, and the fact that the mod even considered the rule in the first place speaks a lot about his knowledge about quests. (read: he knows jack shit)

And then there's the whole thing about only keeping the feedback thread around for what? 2 hours or so? Before going ahead and making the board. That leaves out other fa/tg/uys who weren't around by that time.

Hell, I didn't know such a shitstorm happened until I checked twitter, since I was asleep when the feedback thread was still around.

>used
Barely
>lots of positive feedback
From quest haters, while the overwhelming majority of questers think this is an absolutely unnecessary thing and a terrible idea, yes.

Threads arent posts and you know that. 20 quest threads would exist at the same time but at times they took up the top 20 threads; do you really believe it was a traditional and tabletop game discussion board when you cant even discuss them?

>don't understand the logic and as a frequent of /a/ I do not see quests there.
Because they're forcefully herded onto Veeky Forums.
>Quests run in Veeky Forums have been VERY anime and general waifufaggotry, had a lot of video game inspired quests
See above.
>I don't understand why they have to be here and what benefits quests get by being here
I don't understand why they had to be on Veeky Forums either. If you mean that you don't understand why they exist, then you're jumping into the rabbit hole: "why does anything have to be there?" Answer: it doesn't, and as you would know given your main board and your picture: "Fun things are fun".
>If the current /v/ shitposting dies there and gets removed I see very little argument for why quests here should be transferred.
The argument is as such: quests are only a medium. It's like saying all generals regardless of boards should be transferred to one board that houses all generals. It's stupid as fuck is what it is.

>Top 20
And this is an issue with catalog view sorted by creation date how?

I just reread it, now I feel stupid.

Im sorry you are so deluded but there are a large amount of posts on it on a small amount of threads which may be what you are so confused about. And the vast majority of people agree with it, not just quest haters. And then theres the logic of having them on this board anyway, it makes about as much sense as lumping them all on /v/.