Dawn of Worlds Redeus part 2 - the New Testament

Old Testament:
And on the second day...

>Basic Rules
clanwebsite.org/games/rpg/Dawn_of_Worlds_game_1_0Final.pdf

>Important rules changes, do not skip!
Each God gains 2d6 POWER EVER HOUR, on the hour. If you forget to roll, roll later.

Players can TAKE ACTION AT ANY TIME, as long as they have the power to do so. Actions happen on first-come, first-serve basis: the first thing that's posted happens first.

If there's a conflict, the second poster has 15 minutes to take their post back; otherwise, anyone not involved can arbitrate the results.

Ignore the rules granting bonus power for having 5 or less at the end of a round.

NEW PLAYERS can DROP IN AT ANY TIME, and GET 12 POWER (instead of rolling).

Old players can declare their god 'dead', and give their power/holdings to others.

>Stuff that's only important right now:
POWER GAIN WAS REDUCED TO 1D3 AS OF 1:00 EST this morning/last night.

Regular gameplay will resume in no less than one hour, as I need time to get everything straightened out.

When we left off last night, we were in the second age. We can now have a vote to move to the third; or else 5 turns after we start up again we'll advance as soon as any player wants to.

Rolled 1, 1, 3, 3, 1, 3, 1, 1, 2 = 16 (9d3)

For reference

>As the Lady's new, terrible form flies across her domain, eggs fall from her scales, from which hatch creatures in her likeness. Smaller in size and power, but filled with all their mothers' wrath: The dragons. (Command Avatar (Create Race) -1)
>A terrible famine sweeps through the Land of Chasms, leaving Secaregis's lands vulnerable. (Event -7)
>Power left: 10

Trying to make a list of what's been made, please help by posting a record of all your creations.

Major Dieties:
Eae, The Primordial Spirit
The Red Lady, the Mistress of War.
The Divine Pilgrim, the Fanatical Devotee.
Yohl, the Keeper of Secret Knowledge.
Secaregis, The Great Beast the of Earth.
Alondra, the Severed Prince of the Sky.
Whisacred, Mistevious God(dess?) of Love.

Races:

Humans, Sons of the Lady and Disciples of the Pilgrim.

Giants, favored Students of Yohl
- Human Subrace
- Alignment: ?
- Order: Keepers of Yohl

Rock Scorpions, Hybrid Kin and Enemy of Man
- Human Subrace
- Alignment: ?

Anchrons, the Sky-Touched Men

Orcs, Philosophers of the Unwanted Lands
- Alignment: -1
- Best: Natural Philosophy, Unorganized Religion, Horsemen
- Order: Monks of Eae

Brass Imps
- Uplifted by Yohl
Centaurs
- Shaped by the Lady

Knights of Bone
- Mutated from Men by Secaregis

Two extra hybrids by Whisacred

Local Gods (?)

Other Creations?

>Firbolgs, Warlike Giants seeking to Emulate the Lady
>Dragons, Primal Reavers made in the Lady's image
>Ash Archons, Grim archon offshoots who serve the Lady

>The Crimson Guard, the Lady's elite vanguard of humanity

>POWER GAIN HAS RETURNED TO 2D6/HOUR

Okay, I'm going to establish some rules here for armies and avatars:

>LISTEN UP, THIS IS IMPORTANT.

Armies and Avatars need to be located on the map. I've provided examples.

Armies are colored by Civ, Avatars by Diety.

AVATARS may move up to THREE HEXES PER COMMAND before performing an action, but NO MORE THAN SIX HEXES PER HOUR.

ARMIES also move THREE HEXES PER COMMAND, and perform an action at the end of their move, but MAY NOT MOVE MORE THAN THREE HEXES PER HOUR UNLESS WITH AN AVATAR.

Current map is WIP, I need to go back and figure out where everyone's avatars should be.

Okay, updated to include all the avatars I could find.

Additionally, more stuff I found:

Order: Least Priests (Human, Pilgrim)
Order: Cavaliers of Minos (Centaur, Yohl)
Order: Aegis of Stone (Rock Scorpion?, Secaregis)
- Scorpions - Ore Manipulation
Race: Local Gods

(So, there are actually two races of man-scorpion things; I assume that the Civ is the one that isn't all monstergirls?)

Rolled 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 3, 2, 3, 2 + 2 = 19 (9d3 + 2)

Forgot pic.

Also, rolling power.

Rolled 6, 6 + 54 = 66 (2d6 + 54)

Hm. the dice roller didn't like my complex entry. I'll take the 17 from that roll, plus the 37 I had from yesterday, and roll again now.

Rolled 1, 2 + 10 = 13 (2d6 + 10)

I think it's way too soon to go to the third age yet

>It is, it was, it has become the time.
>Eae perceived readiness in the world.
>Great events were soon to take place.
>Eae touched the youngest son of an orc philosopher-chief...

Why not? We've got lots of races. (Technically four races, and LOTS of subhuman species.) Advancing the age might get people to move on to actually establishing cities for more of them.

Has my niche already been taken in this new thread?

Students(giants) and Imps are both +1

Well Whis made his race of scorpion girls for.. reasons?, and I made my half-giant half-scorpions to cement an alliance. I think the base scorpions aren't humanoid at all. Lady just kept calling them man-scorpions

Command City (Raise Army) -4
Create Avatar -7
Command Avatar (Build City) -1
Command Avatar (Build City) -1
Advance Civilization (Terror Tactics) -5

66 - 18 = 48 (added to roll up top)

>Temujin was a simple orc.
>Temujin had a revelation.
>Temujin had always been a complex orc.
>Temujin outcast his feuding siblings.
>Temujin united many tribe-sects.
>Temujin was Uruk-Kahn.

>Khan took the tribes into the west.
>Pilgrimage to a Promised Land.
>Pilgrims who found a massive wall.

>The wall was unmanned.
>The pilgrims crossed the wall.
>The pilgrims saw the spire.

>A schism occurred.
>Many feared the power of these massive structures' residents.
>Many knew themselves to be too impure to approach the tower of pearl.
>Many were determined to become more terrible than their fears.
>Many remained behind.

>Khan took the faithful onwards.
>Khan took the faithful across the Wall again.
>Khan took the faithful towards the Tower.

>Khan and the faithful settled around an ancient monolith.
>A monolith on the shores of an inland sea.
>Holy shores nearby the Tower.

I'm going to expand on this rule, and say that AVATARS CAN ONLY TAKE TWO ACTIONS AN HOUR.

Original rules said one, but not everyone can be here every hour. I think two actions an hour is more than enough to give players who are busy elsewhere enough, without giving players who are on the thread often *too* much of an advantage.

>Name: Jevel
>Domain: Death (transition, resurrection, necromancy)
>Alignment: LN
>Living life to the fullest, self-preservation, end of unwanted things
>Selfishness, sacrifice of others, entropy

What's the current situation with Nature-themed gods?

(command city -4)
A band of Keepers, scholars, and merchants set out from Cynosure to both study this miraculous monolith and to make inroads with the newly minted Khan

>The Lady claimed a region of the holy land, founding the great city of Drayvenrest, where her divine power would flourish. (Command Avatar (Create City) -1)
>The Lady taught the humans who followed her to Drayvenrest the most powerful secrets of divine war magic. (Command Avatar (Advance City) -1)
>Power remaining: 11

Whoops the map

I'll wait until the next hour to start doing things

?

Rolled 5, 4 + 9 = 18 (2d6 + 9)

What wisdom has my meditation wrought?

>The Lady sends a party of ambassadors from Drayvenrest to greet the orcs to the south, hoping to gain allies in her ongoing conflict against Yhol and Secaregis (Command City -4)

Rolled 2, 3 + 7 = 12 (2d6 + 7)

Rolled 5, 4 = 9 (2d6)

Rolled 2, 1, 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1 + 21 = 37 (9d3 + 21)

I don't think there is a god of nature right now, Secaregis is Earth and I'm pretty sure that's the closest currently

Name: Sacer

Domain: Wild

Pro: Raw unchallenged nature. Balanced chaos.

Con: Anti-order, survival of the fittest

How many dice do I have to roll in order to catch up?

I don't know if you roll extra dice, but you start off with 12 power, try messaging Eae

Is that enough to make a race?

Also, how many races are there right now?

The two other posts linked have a list of the races as well as the costs for making things (we are in the second age)

I'd say Eae represents Nature pretty well, although that's in a "Nature of the Cosmos" sense, not "Untamed Wilderness" sort of sense.

>How many dice do I have to roll in order to catch up?
I'll let you start with 12+2d6, because you first posted an hour before you officially created your deity.

You get 2d6 more power at the beginning of every hour.

Why don't you fill up our world with nonsentients? You can make as many as you want to inhabit a hex when you use Shape Climate on it. We need some ice up in the NW mountains, and maybe the NE islands can be jungle...

Rolled 6, 1 = 7 (2d6)

hello, my companions, for I awaken
Great OverGod EAE, the Local Gods have the most followers. that wasn't retconned. also the humans have +1 alignment. praise be to you
Sacer of the Wilds comes, Glory to Him!

Shape Climate -4
Create Avatar -7
Command Avatar(Shape Climate) -1*2

38-13 = 25
>The hand of Eae brings chill to the north.

Eae grants the ability to make creatures for this tundra freely to all.

Eae must rest for a time, again. Hopefully not as long as yesterday.

Eae shall grant 6 power to whomever can catalog all races and orders.

Great OverGod, who made the first division, may I request that my The Tower Of Heaven would function as a Local God city? I did pay more for It that a regular city. Praise be to you.

Rolled 4, 5 = 9 (2d6)

new age

Yes. Just spend one power to command your avatar to establish a presence there.

(btw, I see the orcs getting along with the Local Gods rather well. I won't be offended if you command the orcs with your avatar.)

Rolled 1, 5 + 7 = 13 (2d6 + 7)

Rolled 4, 2 = 6 (2d6)

We can have more than one avatar, yeah?

Also

(command avatar1)
Under the watchful eyes of the Maze Controller, the mage wrights of Synod craft a great wonder: the Ghost-Forging Engine. This machine can craft half spectral automata called Geists to serve the people of the Spire. The first batch of these beings will be sent to the Wall, to keep vigil over the nations borders.

(advance civ 5: espionage)

The mental magics and powerful illusions that come so naturally to the Spire peoples mean that its trivial for them to extract information from the most unwilling minds, slip undetected into enemy camps, and divine even the most well protected of secrets. Is it any wonder that they should be the foremost masters of spycraft?

(create order : 6.)

In the city of Bulwark, there is a building which isn't there. Here meet the Librarians of the Unwritten Tome, the Spire's foremost warrior-assassins. Utilizing phantasmal blades and lethal illusions, the Librarians are dispatched to kill any and all who threatened the Spire or its secrets

dice+2d6+12

>A group of centaurs, fleeing the ruination of their homes by Yhol and Secaregis, travel far northward to the icy tundras. As they become accustomed there, they gain pale complexions and develop great antlers akin to the elks that wander the tundra. This offshoot of centaurs becomes known as "actaeons." (Create Sub-Race -10)
>Power remaining: 3

Rolled 1, 3 + 12 = 16 (2d6 + 12)

Maybe this way instead

>Rock Scorpions
>Human Subrace
How did you get subrace from that fucking description

Well Lady did (foolishly) keep calling them man scorpions, and there are at least two scorpion men (or in one case, girl) races

>ruination
A cruel jest, from the one who deals out burning wrath as freely as a whore deals out her body. Tell me, when you burned the west to make room for your barbarian hordes and that hideous blight you call a fortress, did you mourn the small gods on who's ashes you now so brazenly trod?

How much do I roll?

2d6

Rolled 5, 3, 2, 4, 4, 1, 4, 5 = 28 (8d6)

Races:

Humans
-Subrace: Bone Knights
-Subrace: Keeper
-Subsubrace: Firbolgs

-Rock Scorpions (Advance in Weaponsmithing, Earth Magic and War Tactics)
-Subrace: Scorpionman
-Subrace: Rock Scorpiongirls

Anchrons
-Subrace: Ash Anchrons
-Subrace: Anchrongirls

Orcs

Students
-Subrace: Brass Imps (Sentient: Edition)
-Subrace: Brass Impgirls

Dragons

Local Gods
-Subrace: Local Gods(Sentient Edition)

Centaurs
-Subrace: Yhol's Labyrinth Cavalry
-Subrace: Actaeons

Couple mistakes. Students are the name of my giants, Keepers my order of cleric-wizards I send everywhere. The Imps are just Imps (though some of them do belong to the Keepers) , and the Cavaliers are just regular centaurs I recruited and gave nice hats to

So 35 points.
-7 Points Event
Any land a human touches becomes cursed, it seems that any fertile soil they come across is suddenly replaced with unarable sand, earthquakes come commonly, and the land shifts environment at random, but when another race attacks, the environment shifts form to benefit the attacker.
-5 Advance Civ (Weapon Mastery)
The Rock Scorpions while fighting the horrid humans learn to utilize their weapons to the utmost capability.
-3 Purify Civ
The Rock Scorpions are pure as the driven snow.

I would ask that you not do that, as my Students are debatably human, and I count normal humans among my ranks besides. Plus, that sounds more like some form of cataclysm

*Except Subraces and Humans that are not from The Red Lady, those are fine.

Is it allowed to alter an entire race...? I don't think that's fair.

It's the territory of a race, specifically for a god.

Noble ally, May I ask what exactly your bone-men have been up to? You seen to have forsaken them for your favored race, and considering the Lady's prejudices about racial purity I doubt they would be accepted in her lands

Not sure, it was supposed to be a gift for The Red Lady, something more unique and more armored, but you know how that went.

Rolled 2, 2 + 3 = 7 (2d6 + 3)

6+5=New Race and Advance Civilization

Roaming across the land in scattered nomad hordes roam the Rakers, beast-men made in my image.

Their society and festivals are based entirely around taking delight and pleasure in the killing, mutilation, torture, and consumption of other organisms, including other races.

As evil as they seem, they are needed in the balance of this world. With nothing to protect themselves and their children from, races and animals would get lazy, and never adapt.

Might I suggest then a more fair and fitting curse? That any land consecrated in the name of the Lady become the seed of a blight. Where a temple erected in her name would be erected , the land grows fallow and heaves in protest.

Rolled 2, 1 + 16 = 19 (2d6 + 16)

>erected in her name would be erected

And this is why I hate posting from mobile

I am really not very good at growing in power

Rolled 1, 6 + 20 = 27 (2d6 + 20)

That does sound a more fitting curse. I redact my previous curse in favor of this.
+7

Rolled 2, 6 = 8 (2d6)

That sounds like it'd be amusing

>I claim this city in the name of The Red Lady!
>The city starts crumbling

Rolled 5, 3 + 20 = 28 (2d6 + 20)

>The Hand of Eae continues to gently sculpt the periphery...

2 Power for Secaregis, 1 for the Lady. The rest awaits a comprehensive list.

>Eae will allow a curse to be placed on the men of the Red Lady.
>The curse will not be absolute, however.
>Eae understands if the Red Lady wishes to get back at Secaregis for this.
>Eae points subtly towards the warlike Orcs, who probably wouldn't mind taking a piece of canyonland for themselves (but not necessarily for the Lady).

Okay, it seems people are ready for AGE THREE.

Since it's been WAY more than 10 rounds, I say it goes automatically now.

>AGE THREE HAS BEGUN

A race of murderous raptor men, and yet they are still somehow less bloodthirsty than our Fair Lady

Dammit, keep forgetting the image.

Oh noble Originator of Phenomena, what news comes from my people's diplomatic pilgrimage?

>Eae is surprised that the Lady has not thought to pair the northwestern Orcs (who are the perfect horsemen) with her Centaurs (whom make the perfect steeds).

>The Orcs welcome the Rakers to their steppes, and find much joy in hunting with (and sometimes for) them.

>Eae does not command the orcs, only their Khan.
>But if Eae must, then the orcs see worthy partners in theological debate in the giants (whom are tough enough to survive the orcs' unusual form of "discourse").
>The Khan officially welcomes the delegation, and approves the trade route.

>Now Eae must take another Nap.

-4 Command Race
The Rock Scorpions acquire more territory. Also some of their armies show their position.
-4 Command Race
Some Orcs settle in a city near Human territory.

Feeling the need to put my hat in the ring.

>Gods Name: Ssyleth, The All Devourer
>Domain: Consumation, Ruin
>Alignment: LE
>Positive: Self-preservation, Taking everything you can get
>Negative: Laying ruin to all, Selfishness, Hubris

(Create Avatar 8)
>Sensing the value of martial prowess and strength in the coming days, and needing powerful men and women to lead his forces, Yhol exalts five of his most talented students, imbuing them with the arts of both magic and warfare. These are the Archministers.

(Command avatar 1)
>The Archministers' first act is to raise up a city at the heart of the world. This city will be called Axis, for here the world will turn.

(Advance civilization 6)
>Yhol imparts to his people the knowledge of TACTICS. Though they be not the strongest, they are the cleverest, and through their wit they shall become mighty.

(Create Order: Axis 6)
>In the city of Axis, the Archministers will train up the Witchmarshalls, who will form the core of the soon to be formed armies of the Spirelands

Remaining power:10

On second thought, allowing for such power in Event might set a bad precedent...

Calamity would be a better choice, I think.

Famine should also be a calamity then.

Rolled 2, 3 + 10 = 15 (2d6 + 10)

Rolled 3, 5 = 8 (2d6)

Where'd everybody go?

Rolled 5, 6 + 14 = 25 (2d6 + 14)

>The War Horns sound.
>The Philosophers are called to Debate.

>In the fresh orc camp in-between three great powers, the Khan has erected his tent.
>The Khan bids the greatest minds of every race, and greatest theologians of every deity, to come before him.
>In the Khan's court, all shall demonstrate how they embody an aspect or reflection of Eae.

>Those who will heed the call, and impress the Khan, are wise.
>Those who will pray they are beneath the Khan's notice are prudent.
>Those who will do neither are foolish.

Command City -2*6
Command Avatar -1*2

28 - 14 = 14 (adding this round's gain up top, as usual)

Rolled 5, 3, 3, 5 + 19 = 35 (4d6 + 19)

rolling for the past 2 hrs

Rolled 5, 4 + 15 = 24 (2d6 + 15)

Troubling

I have a question, if I were to raise the dead of current species, would that be used as a create race or an event?

And would I have to do it for each race specifically?

Rolled 2, 2 = 4 (2d6)

You know Jewel, I have some Bone Knights, men who's skeleton serves as both an internal and external structure. It was a gift for the Red Lady, but as you can see, she didn't take it too well. You may have them, to improve relations.
(It would be Create Race I believe)

I would imagine that it would be a single thing if it were create race, provided you're raising them as zombies/ghouls/wights/whatever as opposed to simply their original race

Rolled 6, 2 + 25 = 33 (2d6 + 25)

It seems that there is a lull in the heavens...

Where is the new blood: Javel, Sacer, and Ssyleth?
Were are the old gods: the Lady and the Pilgrim, Yohl and Secaregis?
The ones forgotten: Whisacred, Alonda, even Efius?

Depends if you want to make them persistent or not. If you make an avatar, you could Command it to raise armies from the dead at any city (or better yet, a recent battleground). If you want to make a self-perpetuating race of undead, that's create species (I recommend using an avatar to do this one too, since we're now in the Third Age). If you want to make an order of Necromancers, that's Create Order.

If Jevel wants the Bone Nights, nothing is stopping him from Commanding them with an Avatar or Order/Sect.

Rolled 2, 4, 2, 1, 5, 3, 5, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5 = 48 (12d6)

Ah, there you are Whisacred.

You should think carefully about how you'll respond to the Khan's summons.
Uruk-Khan is the kind of orc that's likely to put out an extermination order for a race that displeases him, such as your monstergirls.

What if I made him into a monstergirl?