Skitarii creation Table?

So, we have a creation table for practically every army possible: Execpt for the Skitarii/Cult mechanicus. I say we fix that.

Here's how it will work: I give the question and the dice you would roll for the table, you give the number and the result:

Alright, 1d10: What kind of forgeworld do we come from?

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Rolling

No , we need to create a creation table first; you have to give a result as well

>Forge world types
>1d10
> 1-3 factory
> 4-5 Weapons testing facility
>6-10 exploratory vessel

exploratory fleet*

I have an idea for the table. One for what's our disposition on innovation, and Xeno tech.
>1: Xeno tech? You're a servitor now.
>2: As much as it hurts me, we should probably figure out how it works.
And so on.

That works for me. I'll add it to a doc.

That sounds good as well. Lets us use more "yur dudez" stuff. Maybe have another chart in case you roll a 10?

maybe what our promotions standards, some planets might even promote servitors into functional sapient acolytes, then again not all servitors are braindead, if I remember right

Leadership type
1d6
> 1 we are all cogs in the great machine (no one true leader rule through elected or most senior members)
> 2 Only the machine god can truly lead us (ruler is the divine machine god)
>3 just as the machine is tried and proven in battle so must our leader (leaders must prove themselves)
>4 only those of us who have trasended flesh may lead ( leader or leaders are almost entirely machine)
>5 individual cogs must be governed separately ( every part of the skittari is governed by a ranking official who is then governed by another)
>6 Pick two.

Let me think of another chart. Maybe something to do with the bionics?
>1: All bionics. Remove flesh.
>10: Minimal bionics.
>5: You niggas need to find a balance.

what about Biologis? it's possible for a fully augmented tech-priest to still be fully organic

I can see them having more flesh than the average cogboy.

Recruiting methiods
>1: you are born Mechanicus: only those bred/grown on forge worlds
>2: stewardship of the lesser: grace your knowledge upone those chosen from worlds you connect with [like knight worlds]
>3: balance

I need more options

>Forced severtiude

Alright, first things first, what do we need to cover? We should probably take the other tables as an example. Now, I've only worked on two before, but I can still try

Who we supply, and what we make for them?

Alright, could probably widdle down an ally list from one of the already existing tables

Here's some factions to choose from for who we make shit for

[Administratum]
[[Adeptus Arbites]]
[[Space Marines|Adeptus Astartes]]
Adeptus Astra Telepatica
[[Adepta Sororitas]
[[Adeptus Titanicus]]
Astropaths
Chartist Captains
[[Ecclesiarchy]]
[[Imperial Guard]] from a specific world
[[Imperial Navy]]
[[Inquisition]]
Navigators
[[Officio Assassinorum]]
| [[Planetary Defence Force]] of a specific world
[[Rogue Trader]] dynasty
Schola Progenium
Scholastica Psykana

Looks good to me.

This is gonna be awesome. I assume the tables will be uploaded to 1d4chan? Don't forget to edit the template so that it shows up along with the others. There's also the Inquisitor Tables that need to be in the Template too.

And maaybe Assasinorum + Arbites/enforcers? I dunno

of course, but what we really need are more charts to roll on. Here's the catagories I could think up:

>Type of Forgeworld
>Technology dedication
>Age
>(If from pre-Great crusade) How they were reclaimed
>(If after great crusade) How they were founded
>Omnissiah Cult Beliefs
>Forge world demeanor
>Inventiveness
>What tech do they specialize in?
>Views on Heretechnolgy/Xeno tech
>Loyalty's
>Allies
>Major product
>Organization of the Forges
>Leadership
>Recruiting methods
>Relations with the Cult Mechanicus
>Skitarii Sentience/status
>Size of the Maniple
>Methods of war/Doctrine
>Glitches(Quirks)
>Deeds of legend
>Heros and Leaders of note
>Mortal Enemies

bump

Penal legion alternative

shouldn't relations with cult mechanicus be relations with mars or other forge worlds since they are mechanicus?

that is awesome cosplay

Well, theres also the Cult mechanicus as a army, but I suppose thats true.

I say that sgould be more like:
>1-6: Same
>7-9: Same
>10: Xeno Tech? Time to see how it works!

Basically 10 would be the Xenarites of Stygues VIII.

Glad this thread is a thing.

A couple results should be there not happy about it, but they're still going to do it.

I put same as in the one's in the post I linked, too lazy to copypaste them onto my comment.

i mean yeah there is cult mechanicus as an army, but quite frankly they should have been all just one army instead of two mini armies with almost no units. lore wise its all one block really.

Here are some of my thoughts

Reasons for creation of Maniple

> Combating local xenobiology, preparing a future forge world
> Defending the forge world from xenos/ chaos
> Exploration Fleet
>fulfilling obligations to the big E (CRUSADE MOTHER FUCKER)

Emphasis of Forge world

>Reasearch
>production
>maintenance (for like titans and shit)

Recruitment of Skitarrii

>Vat-grown
>tithed from allied Agri/knight/hive worlds
> Convicts re-purposed for the machine god rather than sent to standard penal legions
> Warrior caste on the forge world

Bumping

for quirks there have to be mentions of necron fetishists

make it a d100 roll and make crons the 99-100?

I properly format it tomorrow if we get it all figured out tonight

Not the guy who first put up the list there, just a cogboy throwin down some ideas.

Skittarii sentience/status

>Cogs in the great machine (ie drones controlled remotely by techpriests
> Fingers in the fist of the machine god (princeps are sentient and control their squads)
> can't think of a decent name (largely sentient and autonomous with some injuctions and overlying directives from techpriests built in)
>complete autonomy

Composition of the forgeworlds forces

>largely made up of servitors
>skitarii and servitor mix
>Skitarii
>mostly skitarri and some techpriests (ie lighting priests and kastelan controllers from admech book)
>mostly techpriests and some skitarii
>warrior techpriests
> Kastelan robot controllers and their machines

Size of the Maniple

>battle maniple/battle congregation
>war cohort
> there was a formation of admech and skitarii (not the war convo) which i cant find but if somone could it would fit here
>war convocation (note this requires a roll of friendly knight house, if not reroll)

number 3 can be Tools of the Omnissiah

good thinking user.

more ideas

Inventiveness

>changes in the holy patterns are heresy
>adaptation under duress (one of the forge worlds in the codex is mentioned to have been modifying their onagers in response to a war on their planet, unhappily, because they have no choice but to adapt or die)
>actively seek solutions to design flaws
> try to create entirely new designs (bloody heriteks)

Deeds of legend

>the standard killed this, smote that
> discovered new stc template
> saved archeotech from heriteks/xeno's
>defeated an abominable intelligence or deamon engine or other demonic machine construct
>made the bitchinest servitor ever.

anyone else got anything?

Glitches i figure should be something like the gene seed problems from the space marine creation tables, with some sort of prerequisite roll to see if you have them.

> there are small power surges in mechanical implants that cause small shocks and can occasionaly lead to debilitating failure of key parts
> your recievers and transievers act up, and you occasionaly your noosphere goes down
> there are flaws in the programing of your targeting scanners, and they are innacurate over long distances
>your skitarri sometimes suffer from the feared blue screen of death, which causes entire maniples to cease to function until he holy rites of resuscitation can be enacted.
>your kastelans achieve sentience (FUUUUUUUUUUUCK)

>>your kastelans achieve sentience (FUUUUUUUUUUUCK)
I hate robots! I hate metal!

That should not be as funny as it is. alright, back to ideas

Doctrines/ Methods

>Survival is nothing, Data is all (casualties? who gives a fuck, i'm getting good data here. We must know more about our enemy, quick throw some more tin men at them)
>Reclaim lost knowledge (MUST....FIND...STC!)
>Mass production
>Quality of quantity
>Bigger better faster stronger (actively seek to improve. note this can only be used if a sufficiently high roll was had on the inventiveness score, otherwise re-roll)

quality over quantity

met him in rl once

Lucky git. Anyone else got anything, i'm running out of ideas, and i got shit to do besides try to fill up this table.

These are perfectly fine.

Thanks, what are your thoughts on the other suggestions i made? acceptable, or do you think they aren't quite up to snuff.

The deeds of legends could use maybe a little more.

well i didn't mean for it to be the whole thing, i was hoping others could contribute. i couldn't really think of many epic cult mechanicus type things.

Some more:
>Destroyed a vital enemy weapon manufacturing planet, securing a imperial victory and de
>Established a entirely new forgeworld in the name of the omnissiah
>Successfully modified a prior STC into a brand new pattern, which is now used across the universe
>Crushed a heretek rebellion with such force, that their planet will not be liveable for millenia
>Were able to not only defeat a traitor titan, but were able to fight through it and purify its machine spirit
>After being accused of being heretics for worshipping the omnissiah, the maniple proved their righteousness by holding off a siege from both the soritas and Astartes until their name was cleared by the fabricator general himself.

What about Infamous Failures as a table? It might make results seem more grounded if they had defeats too.

I'm liking where this is heading.

the other faction tables should have a failure table added too them too

>1. Horrific blunder- In some how part due to the Forgeworld's and its maniples incompetence, a vital STC blueprint was utterly destroyed. Whether or not it is truly their fault, it matters not; they carry with them a deep shame for which they will always be looked down upon.
>2. Fallen forge- This maniple is directly responsible for the loss of a critical forge to enemy hands, whether it be from the conniving Xenos or the dreaded hands of chaos. This has hurt the pride of the maniple, and has also reduced the manufacturing ability of the forgeworld over all.
>3. Heretek- Through methods of un-holy science, the maniple was able to defeat a mighty enemy. It was only afterwards were these powers revealed and purged, along with any who had a hand in it.
>4. Death of logic- The Maniples lines were broken through during a Daemonic invasion, scattering as the warp spawn cut through them and those they were charged to protect. Visions of the impossible geometries and horrific forces scarred them, weakening the maniples belief in the unfailing logic of the Machine god.
>5. Broken Mechanism- Through a horrific betrayal, the Maniple was forced to slay its sister forge world, killing off all its spirits, priests and machines, many of whom we're brothers and sisters in the cult. When the maniple left, all that remained were the broken, shattered pieces of those they once held closest.
>6. Horrors of the past- This Maniple was present during the awakening of a major Necron Tomb World. At first what seemed a miracle, turned to a darkest nightmare as their fellows were cut down by beams of pale green light. Escaping with the minimal amounts of data they could, they have never since escaped the emerald glare of technologies true masters.
>7. Recall File: Tyrannis- In a experience not unfamiliar with the ad-mech, a important forge world under the maniples watch fell prey to a Tyranid hive fleet, which left the world a unproductive ruin, its great manufactorums now silent

> 8. Clash of faith- This maniple suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of a Sisters of Battle covenant after offending the honored sisters. Many forges were ruined in their zealot rage, and from now on, the Forgeworld is sure to remember the fine balance of the emperor and the Omnissiah.
>9. Upstart Enemies- In a apalling turn of events, the Maniple allowed a army of the wretched Tau to capture a crucial forgeworld. When the Tau were finally repelled, they found the Machine spirits desecrated, and unwilling to return to the proper bindings of its true masters. In rage, the entirety of the forges were destroyed.
>10. Titans fall- This Maniple was nearly wiped out when during a war against the fell powers, A entire titan legion turned traitor. Death sung from their cannons, and even to this day, whispers tell of the horrors visited upon them by their former brothers, which still hunt them to this day.

Amazing! You are my hero.

Should I make a page now?

I believe we have enough to create the page. Don't forget to edit the template. You did an insane amount of work; people should be aware of its existence.

bump

Do we have everything that's going to be on there worked out? If so, we should organize it a little better

What should the title of the page be? Mechanicus cult? Skitarii Army?

Go with Skitarii army for now