After his kingdom was invaded and conquered by a dark army, a lone...

>After his kingdom was invaded and conquered by a dark army, a lone, grizzled veteran of the conflict has been wreaking havoc on enemy troops and supply lines
>The evil wizard who now controls the region has hired you and your party to hunt him down
>When you finally find him, he asks you to join his fight for the kingdoms freedom

What do you do?

Is he offering to pay us more?

Kill him. Its what I have been hired for. If I have moral issues with this, I shouldn't be working for the evil wizard.

Wrong board, new board for quests is
If it isn't a quest, I say roll for initiative and cast Inflict Wounds on him

Work with him, and kill the wizard, not even so much for moral reasons, just sounds way more fun.

I kill the wizard, kill this guy. Raid the kingdom by raping the inn, burning the livestock and eating the women.

Just how evil a wizard are we talking here?
Like, cartoonishly evil, enslave the peasants kind of way? Or like, more reasonable, greedy, power-hungry, but still going to more or less take care of the kingdom?

Because even if I'm playing an altruistic character, there's only so much this one guy can do. And even if he does succeed, the kingdom will be plunged into anarchy, which could turn out to be worse.

Not a quest. Just a scenario for Veeky Forums related discussion.

These.

I mean, you're giving the excuse that they're mercenaries as a way for them to get involved in the conflict, but playing things straight mercenary is pretty much the most sensible way to go about it.

Whether this choice is meaningful or not is going to wholly depend on setting up the veteran as a positive force by showing how his actions result in some good in the world. Otherwise, being mercenaries, going with the winning, and more importantly PAYING side, is a foregone conclusion.

Also, yeah this. It'd be way better if there was an heir to the throne involved somewhere here, someone who could stake a legitimate claim at leadership to ensure continued order.

Actually, there's no requirement whatsoever to post quests there. They're still Veeky Forums, friend.

Nope. Your kind has been purged at long last. Take it to /qst/, questfag.

Which path is likely to get me more loot?

The one that lets you loot supply trains and banks.

The only thing getting purged is your constant shitposts.

It literally says in the thread "This board is for author-driven collaborative storytelling (i.e., "Quests")." That's like saying just because there's a Veeky Forums board you can still post about your gains on Veeky Forums. Even if you compared yourself to a PnP hero that still wouldn't fly.

As a rogue player I'd probably join him. All those supplies gotta go somewhere, right? I can probably liquidate a few on the side and make some nice bank.

It's a prototype containment board created for the removal of quests from Veeky Forums on the basis that a really whiny minority of faggots (literally 12 people at most) who refuse to leave /qa/ keep rambling on about it.

Quests have always been Veeky Forums, they're collective roleplaying games and if anyone has any sense they'll let this little experiment fail and things will go back to normal. Anti-quest posts are being deleted wholesale from this board, and quest threads are currently running without being deleted or moved, so that should tell you everything you need to know about the actual stance of the moderators.

>I WANNA KEEP POSTING QUESTS AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME.

That's nice. Quests are no longer any more related to Veeky Forums than automobiles are related to /g/, despite being a sort of "technology."

No, questfag. Cars go on Veeky Forums. Quests go on /qst/. The mods are permitting the questfags on Veeky Forums to go through their death rattles. In a few days, quest threads will start being deleted, for the same reason gains threads are deleted when not posted on Veeky Forums and car threads stay on Veeky Forums.

Your tears are delicious, though.

I don't think you understand what a trial board is.

/qst/ is literally just MSpaint central for bored /b/ tards. Quests are going nowhere.

>/qst/ is literally just MSpaint central for bored /b/ tards.

So they have a standard healthy quest community. What's the problem?

pic related

So is the guy in OP literally on his own, or does he have some sort of supply network? I got to thinking more about the supply lines and it seems like he'd probably want to distribute the goods if the "Evil Wizard" is being a typical evil wizard and robbing the normal people blind.

Well, if you insist on not posting any quests to the quest board then I guess there isn't going to be much relevant content there.

Seems like a pretty stupid thing to do, but I guess if the thought of having all the quests grouped together in an easy to find spot where they don't overcrowd the first few pages of Veeky Forums every weekend causes you some kind of deep emotional trauma then, well, hopefully few others will suffer from that particular malady.

Otherwise simply transplanting the quest threads from here over to there should ensure that you get all the quest content you used to get, just without all the other Veeky Forums stuff acting like chaff.

BUT MOM I WANT TO POST MY QUEST THREADS ON Veeky Forums

STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO

>first few pages
Or you could use filters or the catalog to find content effectively.

>Well, if you insist on not posting any quests to the quest board then I guess there isn't going to be much relevant content there.
They're less than 8% of Veeky Forumss traffic. Sending them to a shitty ghetto board to die isn't a solution to you getting triggered by the existence of Veeky Forums threads on Veeky Forums.

>without all the other Veeky Forums stuff acting like chaff
Literally nobody wants to lose the Veeky Forums threads, because there's no such thing as a dedicated quester, which is why a board for them is ridiculous.

Keep it in the feedback and the discussion threads. No need to bother these people by feeding trolls, user.

>Sending them to a shitty ghetto board to die isn't a solution
Yes it is

You got a dynamic IP or something?

So kill the guy and persuade the wizard to invade neighbouring kingdoms?

It's almost like more than one person wants quest threads gone and doesn't consider them quality Veeky Forums.

Man, I thought this would be a good thread too, and someone had to go and all over the place. Couldn't let it drop? said "If this is a wuerst thread, take it there, AND IF NOT LET'S CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION." Instead we had to devolve into a discussion best left in the feedback/discussion boards.

Good job, asshats.

Is OP still around to answer questions? >So is the guy in OP literally on his own, or does he have some sort of supply network? I got to thinking more about the supply lines and it seems like he'd probably want to distribute the goods if the "Evil Wizard" is being a typical evil wizard and robbing the normal people blind.

If he lets you work freelance as some sort of privateer squad. If he demands the loot for himself there's no point risking your life so the wizard can get rich.

It's not just one dude who wants quests to be fucking gone.

They're cancer, not a single one has decent content.

It's a KINGdom. It's existence is defined by the fact that it is led by an autocrat. Either show me you got a prince to put on the throne and restore order and make me master of my own estates and a noble dynasty after the wizard dies or you can go fuck an orc.