CYOA Thread

Previous Thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

My destiny is clear

what the fuck

is this real

Imagine you had shapeshifting powers and your waifu wanted you to use them during sex to spice up the bedroom. Would you mind? What if she had some specific people (like celebrities) in mind?

I've finally got it...
Abandoned.
Collar, Bondage Cuffs.
Headpats, Afterplay.
Permission. Evolution.

Give me a minute...

You got what?

Personally, no, I wouldn't care. But some people might, especially since it could imply that they, by themselves, can't satisfy their waifu.

>Shapeshifting
Sure.
>Specific people
No.

Hitomiiiiii~
Hitomi really is my little daughter. We cuddle and we hug and I always kiss her before she goes to school. I just want to love her and make love to her. She can be a little rebelious, but she'll come back and say sorry and we'll give eachother a big hug.

What? No, someone redrew a scene from Naruto with wrestlers, for some reason. The actual WWE comic book is a million times better.

Is that like cucking yourself or something?

Can we move our CYOA threads to /qst/? I'd like to use the post formatting options that they have.

I can't say for sure that I wouldn't feel some reluctance or regret in the moment but yeah, that sounds fine and fun. As long as there's, you know, healthy and forthright discussion between the two of us there shouldn't be an issue. I can see where the sort of... low self-confidence(?) problems might come from but that sounds a bit silly to me. Regardless of who I looked like I'm still me.

If, to pick one example, she always wanted one specific guy and not me then that could be a source of friction. But hopefully that's where the "healthy and forthright discussion" comes in.

Also I mean this is totally a fantasy of mine the other way around so it'd seem a bit hypocritical to not be capable of reciprocation (not that perfect reciprocation of every fantasy is the only fair way to do things).

>Our
Nice try.

And no. That board is only for quests. This is not a quest.

>Hustle!
>Loyalty!
>Respect!

>You can't see me!~

I'm pretty sure only the OP can use the post formatting options.

No because only the op can post images, it would effectively destroy the threads.

It does mean she doesn't find you attractive, though. It's basically a desire to have someone other than you. You'd be just a vehicle for fantasies.

That guy who wanted to post his OC should do so now.

Ah yes, that dude.
You realize he probably doesn't have OC and is just fucking with us, right?

Eh, as long as she loves my personality, I'm fine with it. I'm a shapeshifter in this scenario, kind of dumb for me to feel offended over someone not liking my appearance. Maybe if I put a lot of effort into crafting that look, I could be insulted by her rejection of it, but otherwise there's no reason to get too attached to any one face.

Certainly possible, just saying, perfect time.

I made some comfy
>OC
Enjoy!

I think you discount how much physical attraction plays into a relationship, and how much your looks in general play into who you are to yourself and your significant other, but I don't really want to argue too much about this. I just wanted to voice my opinion on it.

This is kind of what I was getting at with my second paragraph. People having fears of inadequecy that just warp their view. Is that conceivably possible? Yeah, sure. But it's not really at all the case necessarily. Some people just like having fun.

This isn't the best metaphor for a number of reasons, but to me it seems similar to her egging you into a different haircut or a better looking shirt. Or you being happy when she puts on nice makeup. Does that mean you're less attractive without those changes? Kinda yeah. But it's not really that big of a problem to me. The actual specifics of physical appearance aren't as important to me as the fact that I'm me and she's she.

>but I don't really want to argue too much about this. I just wanted to voice my opinion on it.
Yo I feel you there. Kind of sucks I was a bit slow with my response.

It's really frustrating not to be able to argue with you now, jesus. So much I disagree with.

Fresh Clothes, The Grocer Loves You.
Man I love this.

Isn't "Magical Fridge" essentially just a superior version of "The Grocer Loves You"?

Anyway,
>Magical Fridge
Yes please.
>Likeable
Real friends, how many of us?

Home Teleport is also extremely convenient.
Lovely Dreams sounds nice, but I'm worried about the effect it'll have on my psychological state when I start to reject the real world in favor of the dream world.

Home Teleport definitely, I forget way too much shit to not have this. I suppose I'll go with Lovely Dreams too, since I don't think I've had an actual dream for years.

>it seems similar to her egging you into a different haircut or a better looking shirt. Or you being happy when she puts on nice makeup. Does that mean you're less attractive without those changes? Kinda yeah. But it's not really that big of a problem to me.
Are you serious?
You can practically become a completely new person with shapeshifting, not just change the color of your hair or put on make up. You can become anything.

Wouldn't you strange it if she asked you to look like her last boyfriend?

No, it's okay. I think you have a perfectly valid point. It's just that I already don't have a very strong locus of identity, and I can see myself putting more stock in intellectual identifiers than physical ones, if I was a shapeshifter. Would the actual scenario wind up being less happy than that? Probably, if I'm being realistic. But if I'm being realistic I'm not going to be in an emotionally healthy relationship no matter what I do, so might as well fantasize.

Likeable
Lovely Dreams

I wish lovely dreams helped me actually sleep though.

post muscle wizard

Fresh Clothes + Magical Fridge. Holy shit. I need to go clean put my clothes in washer but I'm too lazy. Also I keep missing the half-price cakes, so that's an issue too.

The alchemist has fancy e's

>Magic Pouch B, Magic Belt
>Eagle Feather, Sweetrain Berries, Angelmint, Sweetrain Blossom, Horrorstone, Siren's Scale, Salamander Egg, Devilmint

it's really late though

Cast Fist to your heart's delight, friend.

This is the very beginning of the thread. The majority of the posters will see your OC.

I don't see how Likeable and Lovely Dreams aren't the best options, Lovely Dreams especially.
You can either spend 1/3th's of your life unconcious, or you can spend it living out your greatest fantasies.

This CYOA is more for fun of thinking about what potions you could create and sell, instead of buying/selling things.
Anyways.

Iron Crab Carapace+Scarab in Amber+Siren's Scale:
You now have a potion that causes a magical implosion on the area. Pass a Fireball through it and depending on the age of the potion it'll become something more akin to a meteor. Add Angelmint if necessary.

Frog Head, Spotted Mushroom, Eagle Feather, Sweetrain Berries, Scarab-in-Amber:
Physical Fighter gets a last chance after being wounded. No need for Werewolf Claw to help the pain go away, Sweetrain Berries should heal the wounds instantly and Frog Head should do the rest.

Dickrock, Transmutation Rune:
This ancient spell is way too fucking strong.

Werewolf Claw, Slamander Egg, (Siren's Scale, Devilmint?): Your target is feeling supreme pain form being superheated. Better than a Barb Root+Scarab in Amber combo.

>I-it's too early!
>good time to post
>I-it's too late!

Look, buddy, stalling like this only make me want to look at your CYOA less.

>really late
In east coast America (very populous), it is a ripe 4:19pm.

>Really late
On your timezone, not ours. Dork.

>Most college students are home from classes.
>Most underageban are home from school.
>Most NEETs are awake.
>Most wageslaves are home from work or will be in an hour.
>Too late
What.

Some people would want to improve the other 2/3 I guess. And then the people who don't take likeable already have friends.

Lovely Dreams
The Grocer Loves You

Yes that specifically would be very weird. Not inconceivable I guess. I mean I did mention "frank and healthy discussion". I'm assuming that this is another person with actualy, y'know, thoughts and feelings of their own that we can work through to get a better understanding of each other. I'm not going to just assume the absolute worst case scenario at the drop of a hat.

>You can practically become a completely new person with shapeshifting
I also disagree with this, but that might just be a matter of taste.

Could this scenario happen in unhealthy, exploitative, and bad ways?
Yes.
Could this scenario happen in fun, enjoyable, and creative ways?
Yes.

That's really the extent of my opinion. If something would fall in the first category then I don't want to do it. Where I disagree is whether or not every possible interation of the scenario is bad. It's not like I'm suddenly turning control over this power to someone who's secretly some selfish, manipulating shrew.

We could discuss, at least. So far this has been pretty decent. Though I feel like I already have a decent idea of the disagreements and why I don't particularly care about them I'm still interested in your thoughts.
Posting this many words might not be conducive to "not arguing" but I'm bored and am naturally sort of verbose

Grocer loves you and magical dreams.
Grocer is all I really need. Do you realize how much money I could save?

>all these people picking fresh clothes
Jesus you guys must be disgusting.

Lovely Dreams because "it will feel like you really experience them".
The Grocer loves you because you can also buy non-food items like clothing or small electronics. Fridge is good for high-end restaurant food, but probably cold.

I was thinking to go with likable, but most people aren't worth being friends with to begin with

You are right about lovely dreams. It's not just 1/3rd of your life, your perception of time is different in dreams so with the help you could easily spend more subjective time in the dreams than awake. Plus you get to do things that would never be possible.

Likable though... most people are dicks. Even if they like you, you probably won't like them. Yes you can "dismiss" them, but it's all just more trouble than its worth. I'd rather just have free money.

Just posting this.

I once made a build for this where I got a bunch of ridiculous successes, but I rolled offsite so I couldn't post the build.

>perfect cyoa ruined with rollfaggotry

You go stay with Aunt Shayleen an' her nigger boyfriend now, cyoa. I ain't want no neighbours to know 'bout all them fairy shit you do with them dices.

You can play it without dice.

Grocer Loves You and Lovey Dreams.

Having a dream world were you could experience anything with no consequences, sign me up! As for the grocer, great way to save money.

>perfect cyoa ruined with rollfaggotry
>perfect
I'm touched. Did you know you can play without rolling? Either way, would you enjoy a non-rolling variant? Maybe a diplomacy CYOA in this universe...

Hey I'd enjoy it. Would this CYOA bet set before the crusher comes in to fuck shit up?

Rolling, you say?

Probably. Perhaps as an alternate timeline, or crushing gone wrong. Maybe you come in weak and have to form alliances, work for kings/queens. Get tribute, pay tribute.

Something like that. I'm getting some ideas for it.

So, what happened to Kaiju san?

1-5 Kingdoms
5 Blessings
2 Gifts

Blessings
>Focused Effort
>Retaliate
>Crush Morale
>Conversion
0 Blessings, +2 Gifts

Gifts
>Health
>Prosperity
>Peace
>Corruptor

Nidal
>Invest 40
>+10 Focused

Caer
>Invest 20
>+30 Retaliate
>+10 Focused

Arcania
>Invest 35
>+35 Crush Morale
>+10 Focused

Free at last! First I go after Caer because it seems pretty isolated and easy to protect. Then go to Nidal becasue it also seems easy to protect and is good for trading. Then last of all go after Arcania because it has lots of magic. I use health, prosperity, and peace to make the new empire a great place for people to live. I have corrupter because running a empire is probably pretty boring, so I get the Matriarch, Princesses, and Noblewoman to run things for me.

When I show up at Caer as a powerful sorceress who can rain meteors on cities and summon a magical army on whim, then I think it'll be easy to arrange a marriage with the oldest Princess and get her sister to stop causing trouble.

When I get to Nodal, the Matriarch might try to buy me off, and be very afraid when I refuse to leave. But since I don't want to bother with ruling, I could just help her remove the King and become the ruler herself as long as Nidal stays part of my new empire.

Arcania will be the easiest, because I'll already have a empire set up and because the wealthy magical noblewoman wants to cooperate so she can study me. She can study me as much as she wants as long as she helps me get the loyalty of the noble class. The whole kingdom can be dedicated even more o magical study and we'll become more powerful together.

Maybe he's at work

Works for me.

On why the game is entirely random:
>and assigning options point values or otherwise limiting the choices would've inevitably resulted in an implication I do not agree with, and that is that certain options are objectively "better" than others when it comes to creating a character for a story. When assigning point values, positive or negative, you are by definition rating certain aspects of a character based on some measure of value, calling some of them good, better or bad.

I agree with a lot of this and the added context of the rest of the text box and introductory pages, but the conclusion is plainly silly. The solution in this case would be to give the "player" a certain number of points, letting them edge a certain number of dice rolls in their favor. It's still mainly out of the player's hand but there's actually interesting decisions and some counterplay going on. Sounds like that would actually be fun.

>pretending you aren't a slut for OC
It's okay user, you don't have to say anything, just follow me into this alley and I'll show you my 12 paged CYOA

But that conclusion doesn't actually follow from AliceAnon's observations. I don't agree with them, but I do agree that if he thinks you can't call certain traits better or worse you cannot have a point system.

That's how Alice originally was, you had three points to fudge rolls with.

Uh... that's still in there. Look up "The Good Old Challenge". It's in a box at the end of the introduction.

Jesus, Alice user did think of everything. The guy never stops scaring me. I keep wondering if I'll find the recipe for the philosopher's stone or something if I read deeply enough into this shit.

What do you particularly like about it and what is there more you wish to see or explore? Being a minor lord, forced to choose a side?

You already posted about that build that you can't post. That's stupid really, i mean who cares that you rolled offsite? I for one is grateful to anyone who rolls offsite and don't shit up the thread with rolls and always roll offsite myself and it never stops me from posting my builds.

If you were creating characters to fill a world, then he's right that no traits are "better" than any others. You have no investment in these characters, the only important aspect is that they are all unique in their mundane and unimportant way.

If you are creating a character the player is supposed to have a specific relationship with above all the other random characters, there is definitely a "better". Even if you can't know what everyone will like (some like large breasts, some prefer flat chests for instance), there are still general rules you can follow. You would have to be tumblr to think all bodys and personalities are equal.

Looking back, it's possible misinterpreted the original meaning somewhat. I took it as the author's decision to make a certain trait worth more or less points would be assigning it a Good or Bad value. That's what I thought the author wanted to stay away and I can agree with that. Whereas if you put that decision in the player's hands it's no longer a value assessment of the trait in general, it's more about preferences on the player's part.

Ah well, curse my desire to be smarmy on the internet. Once I'd grasped the size of the thing and already had a bit of a disagreement with the author I'd put it aside to maybe look at sometime later. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

Hell yeah, any continuation of Kingdom Crusher is welcome, it's one of my favourite(despite itbeing gulty of roll crime).

Alright, the lesbian empire. It was inevitable.

I always liked your lore and the variety of different areas. It made me want to explore. The rulers are interesting too, but I'd guess they wouldn't have as much limelight this time.

Have some more introduction to the government and other lower level powerful people, maybe a little bit more about the culture and the world (particularly the environment/ecology but I'm a nerd).

He explains about that, too. Alice user sees the game of Alice as a writer's instrument, not a girlfriend generator for its own sake. "Bad" options are equally valid because even if they're "objectively" worse, they still have dramatic value. He explains that with regard to blindness. It's a trait that almost everyone would unanimously agree is "bad" in any realistic situation, but a love story about a blind girl is still interesting.

I never understood why people use the on-site dice anyway when the mods ban you for using them.

The Grocer loves you and Fresh clothes.

No more need to spend money on food or drinks and I'll be able to save time and money by not having to wash my clothes. But seriously though, The Grocer option is stupidly overpowered.

The idea that the hamplanet trait and the model looks trait are inherently equal is laughable at best. Some traits are definitely good, while others are definitely bad, and while there may be the occational deviant taste you don't balance for them, they are deviant for a reason.

The only way those traits could ever be equivalent is if you don't care about the character to begin with. That supermodels and hamplanets are both allowed to exist in your setting, neither of which are anything but background characters, is perfectly fine.

It's the guy's thing. SDA creates beautiful and extremely detailed adventures, Harem Creator fucks up waifu games, and Alice user hides the wisdom of the cosmos amidst 70 pages of virtual toilet paper, like a real life version of someone who should've been in Unknown Armies.

Yes.

The art is great, and so is the design. I love the setting too. The only thing that irked me was the rolling and maybe the percentages because it took away my imagination and replaced it with probability calculations.

Rolling is fine to determine your choices but not to determine the outcome. That is something that works a lot better in actual tabletop games.

>The idea that the hamplanet trait and the model looks trait are inherently equal is laughable at best. Some traits are definitely good, while others are definitely bad, and while there may be the occational deviant taste you don't balance for them, they are deviant for a reason.

See For a practicing writer, learning to write about a fat girl is an equally useful experience as learning to write about a supermodel looking one. That's what the Game of Alice measures.

because the story will make up for the "blind" drawback by giving her some appealing character trait, making her attractive or smart or kind or whatever to compensate, or just being about supporting the blind girl.

Fat is a better example though, becuase (almost) no one likes a landwhale. Blind at least has some pros when it comes to caring for/about the character, fat is just disgusting and needs a completely unrelated "positive" trait to balance it.

Barb root, horrorstone, transmutation rune, scarab in amber.

Disregard party, sell alchemical crack.

Depends on the kind of story you're writing. AA seems to be aiming for something a bit more dramatic than most fa/tg/uys have in mind when rolling for a bitch, judging by the questions he offers for each result. He wants that to either lead to some kind of drama or say something meaningful about Alice's personality.

>because the story will make up for the "blind" drawback by giving her some appealing character trait

That's called "writing". You can apply the same methods to pretty much every negative trait. That you personally wouldn't date a fat girl no matter what doesn't mean it doesn't work in fiction, especially the further away you go from "cheesy sweet visual novel lovey-dovey" and the closer to, say, romantic literature. Some genres thrive on that shit.

Nothing wrong with that!

The problem being that the original CYOA's goal was to just let us generate a girlfriend when we were bored.

Yeah, I will probably adapt my current project into it. It was just something I could not continue.

People seem to really dislike optional things.

The rulers would have some limelight. Some.
>other lower level powerful people
Yes that's what I was imagining too.
>culture and the world
Hmm, perhaps. Environment is already determined and I can't really think of more to add. Suggestions?

Yeah, okay. No rolling this time.

Except that those traits are ALSO random traits in Alice. You can't say She's fat but she has a great personality to balance it out, because she could also roll a shitty personality and then there's just no hope for the character.

That's the thing about doing away with the whole balancing act of pros and cons, because for a character to be appealing it HAS to have a good mix of both pros and cons. AA denies that pros and cons even exist, which even from a writefag standpoint is completely ludicrous.