Mecha Space Pirate Quest XII

Welcome back to the twelfth chapter of Mecha Space Pirate Quest. As always, you are Admiral Roarke Susan Starwind, nicknamed Dude McCool by your former Captain and presently master of some 72 piloted mecha and two battle-ready ships. You are also fresh from a series of victories, and due for some serious upgrades.

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mecha Space Pirate Quest, Collective Game, mecha
Master Pastebin: pastebin.com/sSHs0QmF
Upgrade Menu: pastebin.com/QQQzkFZe

Last time, after single-handedly punching eleven Harpies to death and having your helmsmen brutally dissect their transport ship with the Rhinehawk's main particle beam cannon batteries, you stared down the Bosun of the Green Skulls Pirate Fleet and made him flinch. However, from some of what you said, you suspect he might still be lurking around and prepared to ambush you. His ship is the same size and general speed as the cruiser captained by your subordinate, but you don't know its exact capabilities.

You also made the decision to have the Rhinehawk hold position until the Yamato could join it, at which point the two ships would proceed towards the colony at a relaxed pace while making as many repairs and upgrades as possible.

You are sitting on a whopping 62 points of upgrades. Can it be assumed that 45 of that will go to the Pugilist Mode, Squilla Elbow, and a second Crushing Grip (for the left fist) upgrade? And if so, what else, if anything, do you want to work on improving now? The Knuckle Kaiser is already having its arms repaired, so now is a prime time for it. After all, it will be most of twenty-four standard hours before your microgate generators are ready to be activated again.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B6iimHE85EZZWjJCLXRLem1mQ2s/view
inception.davepedu.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also, is there anyone you want to talk to during the time between battles?

Sam? but that shoulda been obvious from me. Also almost thought ya weren't gonna run. Oh and when we see her play Someone to Love.

Probably should see Sam. No objections to the upgrades.

Lets Sam and have Karen handle those upgrades

Nah either Made in Heaven or Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy

Darkness, my old friend.

> Add second harpoon to our head.

I would suggest reducing weight to 49 but we are missing 1 CP.

While I do love your music suggestions I do think Someone to Love is the superior choice.

And current list of songs:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B6iimHE85EZZWjJCLXRLem1mQ2s/view

Should we see other crewmen and congratulate them on their work? Like the Scimitar pilots, Mohammed, Miles, etc ?

I like the way you think, though. Especially since then you would probably feel better about it if you decided to add a Pod or Wings to fit more systems in. However, you might be off by a few points there.

We can add wings? I think you posted pastebin, I don't see it on the upgrade bin. I'm down for increasing our speed though.

What does having an extra pod do for us? Like a minifridge?

CAN WE ADD CUPHOLDERS?

This is important.

There's probably compartments to hold food and water like in the first thread.

A glove compartment does not a cupholder make, you degenerate!

It does when all liquids are held in bottles. Don't want your coffee to spill all over the controls after all.

There's no gravity generation tech here right? It's all centrifugal force like UC?

A Pod is a type of servo, the same as buying another limb. It has two advantages. First, the pod itself is weighs nothing, and it has a high spaces-to-cost ratio. However, its armor has weight, and if an attack breaches the armor the remaining damage goes straight into the system instead of the structure of the servo. The Knuckle Kaiser can support a pod with up to 14 spaces without penalty.

Wings must be bought in pairs, making them more expensive and heavier for the same amount of weight, but like every servo that isn't a pod systems inside won't be disabled by damage unless targeted with a called shot or subject to the servo itself being destroyed. I will add them to the upgrade bin soon.

You're correct.

Oh, right, Wings also add +100m to your flight speed.

Can we get wings?

It would add 12 minimum to your weight and cost 30 points for the wings and armor (because it would get Officer Armor too) It would grant you an additional twelve spaces. I'm not sure what it would do to your speed, because you'd lose speed from the added weight but gain it from the +100m bonus, although you could always add thrusters to get back up to full.

Adding Wings or a Pod might be required to fit in some of the more advanced systems you all have been discussing, like Remotes or an I-Field.

Could ya throw the books up agauin? I wanna try statting out an old AC.

It's a while before you're able to even make it out of the bridge and towards the infirmary. The technicians and Rhinehawk crew are still working hard, but the pilots are fresh off a victory, have had their first juicy bite of revenge, and are rather raucous. You nearly walk in on at least one couple doing the Zero-G flamenco while trying to find the right room.

The nurse on duty is half asleep when you walk in. She's sitting in a chair outside the door with an autorifle cradled against her chest, in case the 'prisoner' tries anything. It might be a formality to you, but the crew don't know the newcomer and are taking appropriate precautions. Inside, Sam is laying on the cot, on her back, her arms crossed behind her head, looking half asleep. Out of her pilot suit, she's wearing a crisp green and white UJCIDF uniform with a corporal's stripe on the shoulder, with a long-barreled pistol and a slightly curved sword dangling off the discarded belt hanging from one of the bedposts.

"Mmmmph, Roarke?" She sits up, rubbing her eyes and managing a sleepy little smile, "You're not still angry at me for inviting myself along, are you? My S-Betta could be really useful, if you don't plan to just charge in headfirst." She sits up further, drawing her knees up against her chest and wrapping her arms around them to make room for you, "Oh, I met your mechanic already, she stopped in to see if I was alright. We talked for a while."

>[Panic]
>[Refuse to panic]

Sure, getting right on it!

>>[Refuse to panic]
not today

>>[Refuse to panic]
10 cool mother fucker!

>>[Refuse to panic]
Max Cool!

>[Refuse to panic]
We're still in combat god dammit.

>[Refuse to panic]
Through sheer will and determination. But check for any bombs after just in case.

So what other upgrades did we get?

No consensus yet besides agreement on the three I mentioned.

Start building some wings?

You refuse to panic, adjusting your shades. If Captain Ozark could make it work with significantly more women to juggle, and he thought you were a worthy successor, then this is just another test of your abilities, "Oh, Karen? That's good."

Samantha smiles in a sweet sort of way that would be a lot more reassuring if you didn't know that she likely has more formal training in interrogating a suspect than you do, patting the bed for you to sit with her, "So, is there something going on between you two? I'm not being an intruder, am I?" There's just a tiny bit of mischief in her eyes. Up close, you notice the pommel of her officer's saber has the scottie dog toy hanging from it by a little silver chain.

>[What say?]

We'd need more votes for that.

Harpoons for now, save CP for Wings + to keep us under 60 ton weight.

honesty here seems good, but what exactly were our plans for karen again? I mean in our one date she was the one who snatched a kiss...
eh maybe just full disclosure on the situation and ask for advice?

Intruder you? Never. That said She did grow up around me and we did have dinner. Nothing is set in stone though and I would hate for anything to happen to either of you.

Remember to polish those silver tongues, smoothness here could save you a lot of trouble down the line.

> I would hate for anything to happen to either of you.
Did you just try to use the implication?

Shame about that sketch. Couldn't you bring it to the drawfag threads on Veeky Forums to get it finished for you?

Tell her the truth that we have alot of people we care about but that doesnt mean we care about her any less and tell her if she wants to stop seeing us we understand

"An intruder? What gave you such an idea? Especially when you are already on my ship without an invitation? Don't tell me you wanted to have a date here so badly?"

Don't tell her anything more than nessescary about other women.

No?

No. Just no. Leave the harem stuff to other anons.

I would very much love to hear user's plans for Karen as they help me to scheme things up.

My plan for her is to keep it like an older brother as she doesn't interest me that much. But that said she is an old friend and such so there will be blowback from everyone not just user.

Welp, there goes -1 for our harem. ITT anons who don't know how to shift subjects OR approach irritated women.

What would you do then, if you're such an expert? Lie to the trained intelligence officer slash mecha ninja?

Supporting this stuff.

Why not just say Karen's like a sister to us?

I'm no knotfag but I do want her upgrade bonus.

This was my suggestion. Just play along with her joke but don't out yourself by saying you want your peepee to make yogurt with Karen.

Harem a shit though.

Because she'll tell Karen and we'll end up with a gamma missile in our cockpit or something. She's our mechanic, man, I'm more scared of her than the Butcher.

By the way, you can roll 1d10 plus your 7 Empathy, adding luck if you wish, to get a read on Samantha right now.

She doesn't actually seem irritated, just slightly amused and cheerful.

Rolled 2 + 7 (1d10 + 7)

Alright lets get a read

Rolled 3 + 7 (1d10 + 7)

Definitely!

Rolled 6 + 7 (1d10 + 7)

Worth a shot at least.

user you saved us I hope. Though I do think Wong only takes first roll.

You know she feels feelings.

Maybe.

>[BRASS HORNS PLAYING]

Well at least we know she isn't a robot

???

inception.davepedu.com/

"You're never intruding." You sit down with a smile, doing your best to resist her UJCIDF special forces tricks. "I'm just worried about you. Are you feeling better?"

"Perky and clearheaded." She winks, "So, you were saying?"

"Well, for a long time she was like a sister to me." That's true, at least, "Her mother was a Harpy pilot, she died a few years before I joined the Kestrels. From what I can tell her grandfather more or less raised her in the mechabay."

"Mmm." The Corporal purses her lips, "That makes sense. You know, she wasn't so much worried about me as about you. She told me if I break your heart or betray you, she'll lock me in the ship's fusion core until my skin bubbles off." She takes a capsule-thermos off a portable heater on the bedside table, and takes a ladylike sip, "Ah, at least someone on your ship buys the tea I like. Still, she isn't like a sister to you anymore, if I'm reading you right. Is that so?"

She seems remarkably not-accusative. Hell with it, you nod, "It's been a confusing time. Sometimes I think it would have been simpler being dead for real, or maybe I could have retired to some little farming colony and raised goats." You sigh heavily. If there's a storm coming, let it blow.

She exhales heavily, her face becoming genuinely relieved, "Good."

...And then she bursts into laughter, "Roarke, you can stop trying to imitate a rock, it's okay. She and I had a long talk, and it included those dates. We both want you to be happy. Don't you ever doubt that, okay? You're smarter than that." She throws her arms around you in a hug, "You were good to both of us, you've been more kind than any pirate has a right to be...and you accepted me, how could I not accept you?"

[Continued]

Got it.

Tension gone. So she was fucking with us? Ohhh payback will be a bitch Miss Samantha.

Sounds like an invitation for a threesome lets do it

Sadly none of you rolled high enough to realize that she was trolling you and that she already knew all the details.

Or maybe she wasn't, but she caught on impossibly quick because Karen is using telepathy on her RIGHT NOW!

What did we need to roll? Also tell her that she can stop using that as an excuse to forgive things we do.

>it's important to her
>"NO FORGET ABOUT IT BITCH, NO ONE CARES"

>forrealnigguh.jpg

He means that, just because it's important to her, doesn't mean she should keep using it as a reason to forgive us if we do terrible shit.

"Wait, you're not...?"

"Angry? Roarke, you darling man, you're a space pirate captain. I don't think I could ever be angry at you for anything short of finding a houri in a schoolgirl outfit in a cell somewhere..." She takes a demure sip of her tea.

You stare evenly at her. She can fool you once, but not twice. Her expression becomes even more innocent. You fold your arms. She hides her little smile coyly behind the brim of the thermos. You remain impassive.

"Karen told me about that." She finally says.

"I know. You don't have to keep being so forgiving of me for having good taste myself. If I hadn't snapped you up, someone else would have."

She sticks her nose up in the air, "I don't want someone else. I want you." She smiles, "Besides, there are greater threats to you in this galaxy than Karen. We both agreed to form a sisterly alliance against the more ominous evils that seek to steal your precious innocence." She reaches up and ruffles your orange hair. "I keep expecting to look out the window and see Lieutenant Farragut's obnoxiously grinning face leering through the window. It was disgraceful what she was doing when she saw the footage of your battle during our latest briefing, I actually felt embarrassed for her...even if it was really cool, and it sort of made my brother feel a little better. Karen doesn't get it, but maybe I don't get what's so dangerous about this other pirate she thinks is our nemesis. I mean, S-Pop isn't even your genre, and the Butcher will hunt you to the ends of the galaxy to get what she wants."

What did Clemmy end up doing?

Masturbate probably.

Thats what I figured

"Wait, you're not...?"

"Angry? Roarke, you darling man, you're a space pirate captain. I don't think I could ever be angry at you for anything short of finding a houri in a schoolgirl outfit in a cell somewhere..." She takes a demure sip of her tea.

You stare evenly at her. She can fool you once, but not twice. Her expression becomes even more innocent. You fold your arms. She hides her little smile coyly behind the brim of the thermos. You remain impassive.

"Karen told me about that." She finally says.

"I know. You don't have to keep being so forgiving of me for having good taste myself. If I hadn't snapped you up, someone else would have." You put your arm around her, and give her hand a squeeze.

She sticks her nose up in the air, upper-class Jovian manners on full display, "I don't want someone else. I want you." She smiles, "Besides, there are greater threats to you in this galaxy than Karen. We both agreed to form a sisterly alliance against the more ominous evils that seek to steal your precious innocence." She reaches up and ruffles your orange hair. "I keep expecting to look out the window and see Lieutenant Farragut's obnoxiously grinning face leering through the screen. It was disgraceful what she was doing when she saw the footage of your battle during our latest briefing, I actually felt embarrassed for her...even if it was really cool, and it sort of made my brother feel a little better. Karen doesn't get it, but maybe I don't get what's so dangerous about this other pirate she thinks is our nemesis. I mean, S-Pop isn't even your genre, and the Butcher will hunt you to the ends of the galaxy to get what she wants."

"What was she doing?" You inquire before you can stop yourself. Samantha gives you a very even look in response, "I think you already know exactly what she was doing, and I'm not going to say it. The Colonel got angry and threatened to ship her off to guard methane shipments if she couldn't keep both hands on the table."

kinky...why do i like that?

Roarke's animal magnetism is too fucking stronk. Even Knuckle Kaiser exudes it!

maybe explain about the whole drunken karaoke night thing with red siren? Also explain siren's "work" situation and how it precludes a relationship with a guy.

So should stay here or move to Roarke's quarters?

Supporting explanations

A good question, that's up to you and your fellow anons.

Tell her we dont thinks shes twlling the whole truth and were gonna take her back to our quarters for more thorough interrogation, we might need to call in Karen for some assistance

Clemmy being best girl.

If it wasn't for her taste in music I might agree

we should ask if she can eat right now she must want something in her stomach after all of this

Explain and ask if she wants something to eat?

You're thinking of Keith "Jesus" Young who was using Clemmy's PC to respond to your mockery of him. Clemmy has not said a word about her musical tastes to you yet.

wasn't that the whiny kid using clemmy's phone when linkin park and nickel back were brought up? or were you referring to another incident?

Why did you respond twice?

Deleted old vote becuase we asked if she wsa okay already.

What are you talking about? It was Jesus that recommend us that shit.

BTW Did Clemmy beat the shit out of him for touching her computerÉ

Looks like I missunderstood, man making Jesus even worse every thread

He's based on Kira. He's already pretty fucking low. Not much farther till he becomes a black hole.

You tell her the story of the drunken karaoke. She makes a few sly remarks about your poster and jokes about making a poster of her own for you. She's trying to be less shy around you, apparently, but for all of her hard work she still blushes when she suggests it, "...But I still think Karen doesn't get it. The lieutenant is dangerous. She doesn't have the same sort of limits a normal person does. I saw her subordinate...that kid we had on ridealong...grab her PC once. She let him have it, stood there smiling until he was done, then broke his nose and stomped on his head until the MPs dragged her off him. The Colonel doesn't want her on his ship or involved with the project, but General Fairchild insisted and she IS unquestionably an ace. I suppose being one of the General's favorites must have some perks." She frowns sourly, only to sit up with a yipe as you squeeze her against you.

"I'm not interrogating you about her, Samantha." You grin.

She bites her lip, "You...you're interrogating me, then? I don't know how I'll stand up against you...but I won't give in easily, you'll have to work me over hard before I tell you anything."

Fortunately, you have the appropriate override to turn the transparency on the door's plasteel to zero, activate the noise dampeners, and put your Queen mixtape on.

You ask if she's hungry, but the only thing she wants right now is right in front of her.

>inb4 Clemmy listens to viking metal

I would possibly give a point or two of CP to whoever can provide the best list of all the reasons why the source material (the actual Kira Yamato) is awful. I didn't make it very far into SEED. In fact, it nearly turned me off the genre altogether before based Megas saved the day.

I have the gist of it, but specific examples sometimes inspire me in interesting ways.

Suddenly a Miles!

Okay Woolie

I didn't either. His complete bullshit hypocrisy about fighting or his cucking( or what I understand of it) of two of his supposedly "best friends". He also doesn't seem to grow the fuck up and get a pair either the Kira from the very beggining is the Kira at the end.

>Be first mate of a some pirate gang that you don't even remember the name of.
>Only stay in gang because of childhood friend.
>Get shot down trying to protect Miles.
>Stay alive through sheer resolution not to leave Miles.
>Luck worth two lifetimes is spent to make it back to a station
>Find Miles.
>Over hear she is in a relationship with some farmer boy
>Have no words due to autism
>Play with my harmonica to cope
>Tears shed
>Sexuality questioned and now want to fuck a trap

>>Sexuality questioned and now want to fuck a trap

But we want to fuck everything. What are you, prejudiced?