How are LGBT people handled in your games?

How are LGBT people handled in your games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_3UWsHVqN8M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

idk

youtube.com/watch?v=_3UWsHVqN8M

Like any other NPC; unremarkable unless plot important. And once they are their sexuality matters little.

homophobe go and stay go
Like people. Because that's all they are. Holy shit it's not that hard to have queer folks in your world.

I theorize that anyone can be charmed by just about anyone. Not everyone is gay or bi, probably one in ten. I should throw an asexual at my party's bard sometime and watch him be utterly confused.

they arent, because normal people dont bring up sexuality unless theyre planning on having sex. and since im not running an erp game, no one is planning on having sex. thus, no fags.

M Night Shamalayan pls

The closest thing to lgbt in any games I've been in were shapeshifters, changelings, Echos, and the like. They only applied because they changed gender easily and fairly constantly. No one else has been gay enough to do something like that.

It entirely depends on the setting, it doesn't often come up much.

Generally speaking it's not really made a big deal of, the only time I ever really draw attention to it is if there's a quest that's complicated because the party tries to seduce a character, but they're actually gay or something.

If I ran a more hardcore realistic setting or some really dark fantasy I might incorporate homophobia into the world, though I've never done that before. It might be an interesting way to explore differences between cultures, or to just develop some cheap angst.

I want tumblr to leave
>asexual
the politically correct term is mentally handicapped.

Gaily.

Depends.
Do they have Munchausen Syndrome?

Basically, IF it comes up, which it rarely will, sometimes if I feel like it I'll roll d6 and on a six that merchant has a husband instead of a wife, etc.

It's not a big deal.

>this is what normies actually think
have you ever actually been on /lgbt/?
everone there will agree with me, and then derail the thread with jokes about traps drowning themselves in bleach.

ask anyone who legit claims to be asexual (aka not someone trying to win tumblr brownie points), and they will will straight up tell you they have serious mental problems that cannot be fixed.

They're not. Sexuality is often unimportant and unmentioned, beyond the obvious assumption that around 95% of the population are heterosexual.

The only time it's really come up is a homosexual RT who keeps a trophy husband as a front to cover up her many wives.

Nah. I know a guy who's legit asexual. He's not like, repulsed by sexuality or anything, just feels no personal connection to it, and isn't really personally attracted to anyone. He's pretty fucking non-tumblr too.

He's had some issues with depression, but nothing super serious, especially compared to a lot of the other people in our friend group.

Legit asexual here (yes I know, posting on 4chins, but you asked). My serious mental problems have nothing to do with my sexuality, I just don't desire sex.

The complete lack of sexual desire is a disorder.

ok

If you're a very selfish person it's an advantageous one.

>I just don't desire sex
Which is because somewhere in your brain there is something that is not wired up properly. Just like someone with with any other mental illness.
The scale may be different but the principle is the same.

Hardly anyone gives a damn really. My campaigns don't have any sort of religious tendencies towards sex unless you're an elf, which the big taboo is against fucking non-elves, and even then that's mostly just kinds of drow and high elves, excluding forest elves.

Certain schools of magic can make permanent changes to one's physical form anyway so if anyone wants to be any sort of trans they can actually become a full functioning opposite gender if they paid for it.

This was actually a big problem for one campaign where a shady wizard would preform quiet body changes to help people that didn't want to be found vanish. The Party was looking for a slave driver in a colonial-based fantasy setting and had to go shake down a wizard to find out the slave driver had been made into an orc to escape detection.

Orcs in this setting were a lot like viking raiders that pillaged elven and human seaside societies and often took war prisoners with them to sell off as slaves in the new world. The Slave Driver had turned out to become a member of one of the really rich clans and used his experience to manage and sell their captures. It ended out making that clan heavily dependent on the slave trade, and by the time the players had found out about it they had to try and shill to local lords to stop buying slaves from the clan because they really wanted to stop slavery for some reason.

Personally, my lack of sexual desire has saved me money, heartache, and a lot of stupid bullshit over the years.

If that's a mental disorder, then fuck it, I'm crazy as shit.

yeah, but it's not a serious mental problem. I'm not going to pretend it's not abnormal, but it's not something that negatively impacts my life in any way shape or form.

Anyway, that's my view on the subject, and I think I'm gonna bail before I derail the thread.

It is atypical but to be a disorder it must disrupt your ability to live a healthy normal life.

Gender dysphoria is a disorder because it impacts day-to-day life without outside influence.

Being gay on the other hand is not as outside of cultural/religious issues homos go about life just fine.

Same with being asexual. It doesn't interfere with life until someone has to make a big deal about it.

Asexual here, I feel desire for sex but I dont have the drive to get into any sexual stuff. I wont call it a mental illness but yeah Im retarded.

I think your concept of mental illness is pretty skewed, man.

Most people don't really give a shit outside of fucking outside of your species, especially ones considered to e lesser to your own, or outside of your social class. Any issue of needing heirs is dodged with magic in one form or another.

Eh. There are plenty of examples of species where there are non-breeding individuals. Really the more social a species is the more likely it is to begin to select for asexuality. It may simply be that as humans adapt to an increasingly urban, hive-like lifestyle we will also develop eusocial characteristics including a division into breeding and non-breeding "castes".

>feel sexual desire
You're not asexual. Being unmotivated doesn't change your sexuality.

You're one of those people who thinks sexuality is like, a one or another kind of thing, aren't you?

HOLY SHIT I DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING

By "one of those people" you mean the majority of people, right? When one of those sexualities is "the absence of sexuality", yes, yes it is. What the hell do you think asexual means?

>to be a disorder it must disrupt your ability to live a healthy normal life
That's just plain wrong.

IIT: Idiots think mental disorders are all negative and being said to have one is a personal insult

Real understanding and compassionate, guys.

Lesbians are either normal folks or brothel gals.
Gays are either normal folks, court fools, or yeah brothel guys.
Bi is practically all the brothel people, and a pervy old woman the group met on the shoreline fishing.
Trans people are in the asylum.
You know I've only ever had two brothels in my games yet I mention how many lesbians and gays there in them. The Second time it was more about the human trafficking operation happening on the side line the group was trying to wipe out.

LGBT.
Lesbians: More than there should be based on statistics. Why? Because lesbians. Still a minority though. And I never fetishise or emphasise it. Last campaign the PC's interpreted as lesbians a fair few npc's who were not actually lesbians, like the vampire who drank blood from the female party members. Didn't matter how many times I explained she was drinking their blood because they were exotic races, not because they were women, the group was still convinced the vampire was a lesbian.
Gay: Basically none. Because I am a dirty, straight white male, and gay blokes don't have the same appeal to me as lesbians. If a PC is a gay bloke I won't penalise them for that, as long as they're not going to push their Yaoi fetish in my game.
Bisexual: If a PC is determined to start a romance with an NPC of the same gender, I just mentally retcon that npc to be bisexual, even if they started out straight. I rarely establish an npc as bisexual. Most are straight, a small number are homosexual, and an npc only becomes bisexual if a PC is determined for it to turn out that way.
Transgender: I won't touch that shit with a ten foot pole. Too many pitfalls, too many chances to piss off the people I play with (about half of which are rather left-wing college students). Not to mention, they are a fraction of the population, a tiny fraction. Out of 500 npc,s there might only be 1. I might one day include a Transgender npc, but only if I feel the PC's will handle it maturely, and it'll have to figure out a way for it to not come across as pandering to the Tumblr crowd. If a PC is transgender (which hasn't happened so far, thank fuck), it'll throw up a massive red-flag in terms of how easy it will be for me to get along with that player. A player who explicitly says his character is Transgender pretty much means I'm playing with a Tumblrina, and what with me being a slightly right-wing bloke with occasionally politically incorrect opinions... we're going to have problems.

to get yourself pregnant.

I too am a christian atheist.

They exist, it happens.

mental disorders are negative.

a normal person is an m&m cookie.
an "asexual" is an m&m cookie without any m&m's.
its still a cookie, and you can still eat it, and you might even enjoy it. bit the fact remains that it had no m&ms when it should have.

besides, asexuality is the autism of sex.

You're a dumbass, you mean.

Handle them like normal people unless their sexuality is explicitly brought up.

Why? Because who the fuck walks around like "Hi I'm bill pleasure to meet you adventurers! Did you also know I'm a gay tranny?! LOL SO RANDUMB" No one outside of flamboyant burning shove it down your throat faggots act like that.

We were running Wild Talents: Progenitor. It's a modern-day setting where one woman turned out to have contagious superpowers, changing the face of world history forever. One of the things in the setting is 'syntergic science', basically memes that can affect someone's mental state or personality.

Now, my character was a Hyperbrain. He was a genius. So how did he make money?

He ungayed people. Basically, he used his genius to create syntergic memes that would turn homosexuals into healthy heterosexuals. Effectively, he'd found a cure. More, he widely disseminated this cure, working it into advertisements, commercials and so on.

For some reason, while the GM was okay with this, two other PCs thought that this was basically genocide. I pointed out that no-one was actually being harmed and they were happier after being fixed, but it lead to a big argument and a lot of shitflinging anyway.

If you want the opposite, Aberrant has nearly every major character be gay. The big Magneto-esque villain Divis Mal is a homosexual.

They don't exist in my setting beyond some debauchery that certain nobles take part in.

>genocide
Those two are retarded.

This mostly, games are for fun, not social issues that get people pissed at each other.

Sometimes girls have sex with each other. Sometimes guys have sex with each other. Sometimes they have sex with both. Sometimes they aren't comfortable with their own sex.

Sometimes people get mad about all this and want the people to stop, but they do it anyway in secret. Sometimes people don't care at all and they do it in the open. Sometimes it's encouraged for cultural reasons or simply ignored outright.

Ugh. You're like one of those "people" who thinks religion is like, a one or another kind of thing, aren't you?

They're not? It never comes up and I don't need to go
>Oh this society oppresses teh gays
because I don't fall for the bait. Unlike Republicans, who keep passing bathroom bills because some minor Democrats try to pass opposition bathroom bills. Seriously, the solution is to ignore it and no-platform them.

What's wrong with his face?

The only difference between brainwashing and murder is a corpse.

And the murder, without the murder it's a suicide.

I write it in the same as any other facet of an NPC. More often than not, most characters are straight, especially stock NPCs that don't matter. Of the core NPCs, there are a handful who are lesbian, gay, and bi. There is exactly one transgender character, but due to the constraints of the setting, it won't ever come up.

How the fuck did you get suicide from that?

Yurifags constantly make lesbians but that's about it desu.

There isn't really any LGBT controversy anymore. People can change their biological sex pretty easily. Assuming you're a biological being at all.

The equivalent hot-button issue is interspecies romance. The "Real Love" movement argues that love between sapient beings of different species is purer form a love, because it isn't tainted by base urges.

this board has been reddit for so many years now, and it's only getting worse

Because if the fags choose to cure themselves under your retarded "Brainwashing is murder!" statement people who alter their minds are killing themselves.

>most Veeky Forums crossboarders are from /co/

Not a surprise.

That's...

That's not real LGBT. That's just men sating their fetishes. It's sort of... I don't know, creepy? That's a very Tumblr word, I know, but it fits.

I never said anything about people who do it to themselves voluntarily and the person at the top of this quote chain made it clear that it was a voluntary procedure. I don't give a fuck what people do to themselves.

Well, the characters are lesbians, and that's how lesbians get handled in a lot of games (because they are played by men).

Seems to fit OP's question.

Your syntax is kind of girly/faggy too. No offense.

You can stop doing this now.
Tumblr has decided it hates gay people now.

that it wasn't*

I'm a girl.

I thought that was just gay men because gay men have too many privilege points.

>creepy
This fucking word.

Cutting your dick off doesn't make you a girl.

I browse Tumblr and uh, no, sorry. We still love queers of every kind.
Don't believe what you read on /pol/!

Here, have some attention.

Oh. Then creepy is not a Tumblr word. Most women overuse it like men overuse gay for 'thing I dislike that very vaguely fits the real definition of the word'.

LoL

they exist in all campaigns i do but there place depends on the setting. one setting was set in the future ala space pirates and there was a point made that with the introduction of aliens human sexuality gender and race became a lot less important. ive also done a dnd setting that tried to be closer to the middle ages when it came to values on sex and gender but i didnt want to beat the players over the head with it and prevent them from having fun.

>This fucking word.
Look, I'm sorry, but it is. You're taking something as wonderfully nebulous as homosexuality and cramming it into 'lol i rape her because we're both girls! its ok' and 'lmao my character is a sexually active 6 year old... but shes pure because shes a lesbian!'.
>Cutting your dick off doesn't make you a girl.
Good thing I didn't have one in the first place!

Sorry senpai, I'm happy just having an intact penis.

That's like taking everything said on /b/ to be true of the rest of Veeky Forums. Don't be an idiot.

That's a hell of a lot of projection for someone who pretends to be a girl on a Mongolian tapestry board.

>admitting these without irony
I'm triggered. Pls go.

>projection
Just writing about my experiences senpai.
>pretends
Well... you can believe whatever you want.

>wonderfully nebulous
There is nothing wonderful about vagueness nor homosexuality. Try again.

I don't know, how should I treat LGBT during a post apocalypse game based on the notion of The Tribulations?

Look at the end of the day Muslims hate gays and they're more oppressed.
It was the logical outcome infidel.

Idgi, what's so bad about Tumblr?
I thought Veeky Forums was more accepting.

Just like you believe your own lies of being a girl?

IMO, it's like Reddit and Deviant art had wild gay butt sex, and Tumblr was the abomination that came from it.

We were until someone let the niggers in and they started shitting the place up with Yugioh and rap music Nig sounds for the uninformed.

You're getting pretty mad about this. Wish you could be a real girl, too? Do you keep your transexuality hidden in the closet?

Without including sjw shit. Underage community, awful tagging system, bad art trends (Tumblr nose), blogs as the antithesis to anonymous circles.

>trans
That's gross. I'd rather be a futa than cut my cock off.
Otherwise I wouldn't be able to dominate your boy cunny anymore.

>boy cunny
Look, if you need to think of me like that to get off, I'm entirely supportive of it!

We can ease you into your new identity. You don't have to do this on your own.

>How are LGBT people handled in your games?+ 0 post omitted.
Let's see.

>Ryuutama Post-Apoc
>LGB
Lesbians are considered degenerate by a large percentage of the populace. Exclusive lesbianism is considered directly threatening to the survival of the human race and therefore heavily culturally and religiously shamed.
>G
See above.
>B
Very very common. If you get married to a person of the opposite sex nobody will give a flying fuck given you don't cheat.
>T
Considered a form of insanity, treated through exorcism or chemical sterilization. Usually the second is part of the first.

> Urban Fantasy campaign
It's an Asian country, LGBT is heavily stigmatized.

>Tenra Bansho Zero
Stigmatized, not forbidden.

Does that answer your question? Will you stop making this thread now?

This shit makes my head spin.

There's a trans character in my current campaign. Most people just refer to them as "it" or "the tranny" because they're like 80% machine and a member of an isolationist transhuman cult that no one really likes (including full on AI) but plenty of people rely on for their technical knowledge

>Ryuutama
LMAO
Fucking weebshit.

>grimdark Ryuutama

but
why

>cunny

I can handle stupid shit like boypussy but using a version that uses the worst synonym for vagina is too much.