Warhammer Fantasy Battles General WHFB

Poorly painted kit bashes carry more nerd cred than pro painted straight from the box armies.

Remember to ignore or report shitposters and off-topic discussion.

Previous thread: >1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the Veeky Forums wiki)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: Veeky Forums for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufactures
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=19VRSD1WCNo
i.imgur.com/9QeTFJn.jpg
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/470-kingdom-of-equitaine-koe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for skinks need a bullying caste

Skinks bully a bit too much as it is.

3rd for Vlad did nothing wrong

I mean bigger skinks who bully the smaller skinks

Ornate armours, heavy blowpipes, cold one hounds, headpieces to cover their crests and make them look closer to the slann.

Basically old school slann as an elite unit type of skinks.

Von carstein worst bloodline

7th for bringing vlad back was a mistake.

Manlets are for bullying too

Lets just merge with Sigmar

Nah.

Don't people already monitor that thread too?

Potential youtube fag here, what would you guys like to see in a warhammer channel?

Fuck off.

Ironjaws playtest.

Lore is always good, but I was thinking of doing that. Perhaps battle reports, or painting? It really depends on what kind of skills you have.

-Battle reports, potentially showing the differences between the more common ways to play (8th,9th age etc.)
-Showcase of painted and converted armies, small warbands or units/heroes.
-Background resumes for newcomers.
-News and tests on upcoming and released games.

Depends on what you can do yourself really.

Slave go back to the pits

Battle reports for 9th age, army book/rules overview videos. There are some out there but many are just shit and seeing the same armies battle it out over and over again in the better channels get's old.

They shouldn't be

something like this, but warhammer
youtube.com/watch?v=19VRSD1WCNo

There will probably be some AOS action because the rulesets free but it will be mostly warhammer.

Do you watch many age of sigmar channels?

I can do all of that but I really want to specialize in some way.

9th age pains my ass greatly, that whole killing blow against Calvary for spears killed the entire project for me.

So a review of my army before the battle report?
That sounds like a good idea actually.

Painting might give you the most longevity if you've got a lot of projects. Step by step, proper use of inks, shading, getting those hard places like eyes without accidentally painting their cheek bones, etc.

Plus I wanna do lore, a kind of unified 6th (and a bit of 7th) edition lore project because shit got silly in 8th and beyond.

Also post battle commentary about what went wrong, etc

Batreps for 9th Age like that Fishbat guy does

It's all pretty amateur, but I like how he talks about his army beforehand, what his plans were, where he went wrong and all that stuff

agreed. ditch Mannfred the Bitch Queen and make Vlad one and only true Carstein

So, /whfb/ what are you currently working on?

>it will be mostly warhammer.
Nah, too borring.

You aren't really expected to charge spearwalls, with cavalry, headfirst, in the front.

Shut up, slav.

A WFRP campaign that I'm starting later today. It'll be my first shot at playing it online as I've always done it in person, but with me and my friends spread all over the country online is the only option.

>9th age pains my ass greatly, that whole killing blow against Calvary for spears killed the entire project for me.

I play brets and seem to manage but I guess you and your group made your choice already anyway.

2tb I can't be bothered to follow two rule sets and watch videos for them. Still, I wish you the best of luck, post channel sometime.

Nope, it's time for your little group to reunite with ther rest WHFB communuty.

>

I can do that, reviews seem pretty straight forwards and I like talking about warhammer.

That's fair enough.

>I play brets and seem to manage but I guess you and your group made your choice already anyway.

Pretty much, 9th age didn't add anything to the game I wanted and yet is somehow slower to play than 8th ed. Not that I won't ever touch upon it.

Trying to put together a Doomwheel. Probably the hardest thing to assemble&paint I've bought. Or paint&assemble in that order rather, since shit's practically impossible to paint if you assemble it first.

oh... i already assembled mine... good thing I haven't painted a single mini i three years

Might do some work on my brets. First I have to get some translating done for 9th though.

It would be nice to collaborate more with the other community, but you still need to stop shitposting, both there and here.

Post a more recent pic of that statue too.

Pfft. AoS general belongs to /toy/.

this desu

>both there and here.
Wut?

AoS general and WHFB general

Its a real shame what GW did to Lizardmen, they used to be pretty damn interesting.

Someone remembers when GW had the old website, that they offered some amazons miniatures for fantasy? i suppose they are all discontinued but i want to know how did someone played them

But I jever shitposted in AoS general.
At least now they have little more personality.

You can assemble most of it first, just make sure you take note of which wheel goes where.

He's saying your aos shit posting needs to stop.

My warhammer youtube channel and a unit of dark elf spearmen.

They were originally a DoW regiment if I remember right.

Has anybody got hold of a Renedra or Warlord plastic castle/tower yet?

From the pictures it looks like the Renedra one is better.

Don't reply to the Slav, just report him. In the last hours of the previous thread about 6 or 7 of his comments were deleted.

I haven't watched a single AoS video since it came out.

I'd love to see some 9th (even though I agree with you on the spears thing) and also, regiments of renown/border patrol/path to glory. That never gets old. And to top it up, the old weird scenarios from WD and supplements, like a giant duel, a battle to protect a ship carrying ale, the battle of the Maisontaal, etc.

An army of Rivendell, 6 archers 5 spearmen and the banner bearer. No idea what to draw in the banner though.

(LotR refugees welcome?)

They made this rule? I think that's great. Makes total sense. Cavalry is always a special use unit, whether heavy or light or missile.

Only in Blood Bowl. I love them in BB (I use the BB Nuns though)

1) I'm converting WFRP careers to Runequest 6 (Mythras) because while the Warhammer world is great, the WFRP systems (1,2 and 3rd) are not.

2) I'm working on my Dark Elf army and I got a box of Great Swords that I'm putting together to use as my PC in a Curse of Strahd D&D game.

3) Painting Minotaurs (last unit for my beastment).

4) Waiting for 1.0 of 9th Age so I can send it off to LULU to get a printed book.

5) Posting the BOLS article wherever I can about the continued financial failure of AoS. No comments, just the link itself.

>LotR
is it 2005 again?

I haven't used my rohan army for a decade

it is an excellent ruleset.

But from a gaming perspective, spear blocks didn't have problems dealing with cavalry, but with other infantry blocks or monsters (except HE spearmen with Ockham's)

The ruleset, as says, is wonderful. No waiting for 40 minutes reacting passively to your opponent's actions. Alternating phases, with the option to perform out of phase action through a hero, makes for a very dynamic game. Also, pretty well balanced except for the odd unit and hobbit spam.
And it scales well up to 70? minis per side.

My Rivendell army will consist of a named hero, a generic captain hero, a banner bearer, 8 archers, 5 spearmen and 10 swordsmen.

26 miniatures and you've got a standard army.
All cavalry Rohan @ 500pts will have about 26 miniatures as well, so you might want to get back to them :)

>hobbit spam.

Okay I'm intrigued.

What's OP about spamming Hobbits?

Painting best vampire and trying to learn how to airbrush

I don't see why not, good thing the boom led to so much stuff being on ebay.

Stone throwing, maybe? High Courage/low cost? I'm not really sure.

Honestly I don't remember where the rules for the normal warriors are, but warhammer armies project has an unofficial armybook for the amazons.

Someone else here. Thanks user, I'd forgotten about those completely.

Thats 5 or sixth edition?

6th edition, seems shortly after the lustria campaign, I'm searching in the white dwarfs and maybe I've got it.

got it!

I really wish GW would make out of print models on demand.

thanks}1

Does the chnese recasters do this models?

From my experience, no. You may want to look at the Freebooter's Fate Amazons or the many voodoo figures that Reaper has for good proxies.

okay-okay, you managed to capture my interest, you shill. now give some images of them, i'm too lazy to google

>those fucking memories
Warhammer was so good before they told the community to go fuck themselves after the SoC campaign.

writing a fandex for fun

It's like they flipped the table, took their dollies and went home because Chaos babbies got beat so hard. Good times.

Thats the day we all lost faith in Gw.

>NO. FUCK YOU GUYS. JUST YOU WAIT TILL WE COME BACK
>AND WE'LL CONTROL ALL OF IT
>FAGGOTS

>tfw played the campaign
>tfw won a few victories for the Empire
>tfw the 7th edition empire army book mentioned the successes
>tfw they retconned it all

Won't let me upload the last page related to the amazons so I'm putting an imgur link and suggesting you all to read the white dwarf 310 with the armylist for a full gnoblar horde
i.imgur.com/9QeTFJn.jpg

There should be numerous third parties making amazon miniatures, antimatter and freeboter come to mind, warhammer armies project has a longer list tho.

Or you could use tomb kings bi....nevermind.

>tfw they are planning a player driven campaign this summer
>tfw I'm going to shit on the results of chaos daily if possible

>full gnoblar horde
Best part is, the Gnoblars and the Scraplauncher survived the Ogre purge, so if you can find someone else to play 6th with it's still viable.

Man it sucks having gotten in only after GW became shit. I keep finding out about this cool stuff I missed.

It is a real pity. The only real new stuff for fantasy will come with 9th Age, Kings of War, and Warthrone, each of which has serious cons.

Well its not like WHFB didn't either.

But the feel of the setting and the lovely models they used to do will be hard to replace.

The setting is what really can't be replaced. The models are as tragic, as even the Chinese knock offs miss a lot as they focus on the much more profitable 40K figures.

>The models are as tragic
Let's be honest, Avatar of War or Scibor are already better at being WHFB models than GW's were.

Yet there is no easy replacement for many armies.

No Bretonnians for instance unless you buy dozens of metal early 100 years war knights and replace their heads with Great Helms.

>No Bretonnians for instance unless you buy dozens of metal early 100 years war knights and replace their heads with Great Helms.
Fireforge games.

Thank me later.

I feel you, user; while having known of warhammer during the 6th edition I got into the game and the community seriously by the time of the 7th edition of the daemons armybook.
Apparently that was one of the major turning points for WHFB.

I also got into 40k with the first tyranid cruddex during the period of releases for the grey knights and newcrons of 5th edition.

is it possibru to get that image without WAR logo?

Anyone know where I can get oldhammer style proxy minis from? I really like the look of those old chaos warriors and don't really feel like using all my time searching ebay hoping to get lucky.

No, I repeat my statement.

Fireforge knights have mail, not transitional plate.

Pantheon of Chaos Kickstarter

Afraid not

diehard miniatures?

What is perry

Opposite problem to Fireforge, they are fine for Empire knights but not Bretonnia.

Why does nobody who suggests Breonnian proxies actually give a shit about how Bretonnian knights look?

2bh 9th is just perfect for me. I started playing about 20 years ago and haven't given a fuck about the fluff für the last 10 or so..If they get the rules balanced that's just fine for me..GW never managed to.

I can see how many people dislike it though with little/no fluff so far.

>No Bretonnians

kek ? the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/470-kingdom-of-equitaine-koe/

They see >>human >>knight and just pick the first models they see. Bretonnia has been described as using War of the Roses era plate armour a few times but it's mostly Crusade era for the rest of the kingdom.

Well i never, lgs still has a bunch of TK stuff for sale, battalions too
too bad i dont feel like playing tk