Born just in time to enjoy the birth of Warhammer Fantasy

>born just in time to enjoy the birth of Warhammer Fantasy
>Alive and young when it dies a horrible death
>Now you have to live with knowing your childhood game and company is being run into the ground like a flaming 747

Is there.... even hope, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aXDAhnbYobE
youtube.com/watch?v=bR4Gq9qfpnM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah. Play magic and save 20% of your original expenditures.

>47019270
>Play magic
>Save money compared to other games

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

> #
>>Play magic
>>Save money compared to other games
>AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
War hammer is literally the only other traditional game that probably costs more than magic.

>paying hella cash for something that cant stand up to water

>Paying hella cash for something that isn't even colored
>Paying hella cash for something that takes a $150 suitcase to
Transport safely

That is even more retarded than suggesting Warmachine or Malifaux as a WHFB replacement.

>Paying hella cash for something that takes a $150 suitcase to transport
>Paying hella cash for something that isn't even colored

See, unlike your shitpot of a game, Warhammer was mostly a hobby and you showed your secondary skills on your models by painting and pose. You turd gobblers just throw down money for a card and screech your superiority to other players. And no, you dont need a 250 dollar GEE DIBYA brand case to transport. Model transport foam/egg foam and a suitcase work just as well

Warhammer as a game was never that good, we just didn't know any better. I'm glad to see this giving other games a chance to shine.

Why are you insisting I'm buying $80 cards to impress shitheads at my FLGS? Casual is the way to go, although that's literally impossible with warhammer's insane buy-in price tag. How much does that 2,500 point army cost again?

Do you think you are intelligent when you repeat a common criticism the fans of the game made as if its something we find offensive?

Still had excellent fluff and models before GW started messing it up though. And it still had advantages over the only real mass battle alternatives.

>Why are you insisting I'm buying $80 cards to impress shitheads at my FLGS?
Why are you insisting im buying 150 dollar cases for my models?

Because that army cost you $2,000 and can break if dropped from table-height.

>How much does that 2,500 point army cost again?
>implying we play 2500pts at my store
>Max is 200k ever
>Usual is 1500
>Not buying a box of models a month
>Not shopping and using other model suppliers

You need to reach deep down inside, and pull the bath plug on that tub of bullshit you have inside of you.

>the only real mass battle alternatives.
What would those be? When are we talking about?

>cost me 2000 dollars
Pls, my ogres cost me 400 aus-dollarydoos for 2500 points. Learn to shop like not a retard

>Because that army cost you $2,000
Why are you insisting im buying 2 grand worths of models? (See, we can do that strawman thing too) You just put the damn things in a box while in their troop trays, put some foam hither and dither and drive carefully.

There were none before but WHFB is not strictly inferior to 9th or KoW. Especially if you play 6th instead of 8th edition.

10/10 spooky skelly horde user. Would clash with.

>There were none before
You could say TSR's Battlesystem was competing with WHF.

You'll see my faggot ass posting in wip alot. But this is my pride abd joy fluff army. 100% skeleton and vampire, no rotlings here bruh

>Max is 200k ever

That's a pretty huge army

2000**

,500 point army cost

>buy a decent magic deck
>costs 400 dollars in order to win

Not only that but every 6 months there's a chance your deck is going be weakened or destroyed by old sets rotating out (not even mentioning bans handed down from WotC). If you don't want to continually pay money or trade, you're better off sticking to casual play and formats like EDH or Pauper. Personally I play MtG very intermittently these days (played a lot between Urza's Saga and Return to Ravnica), but when I do I enjoy drafting. Don't have to worry about people bringing extremely expensive netlists and drafting itself is really fun for me. The cost-to-time ratio is better than a movie (which is my gold standard since there's been a ton of great movies recently, $15 for 2 hours of entertainment), at $15 for 4-5 hours.

These days I'm more into RPGs and Wargames. RPGs are disgustingly awesome at cost-to-time. I played D&D 3.x from 2001 to 2006 (middle and high school) multiple times per week often for 4-6 hours a night for maybe $70? ($30 for a second hand D&D 3.0e PHB, $30 for a second hand D&D 3.5e PHB, < $10 on a nice Chessex dice set).

Wargames are great because I get hundreds of hours of fun from cleaning, assembling, modelling, and painting. The hobby aspect is huge, and if you don't enjoy that you're going to be extremely put off I suspect because you'll look at the high price tag and only see one or two games a week from it. If you don't enjoy the hobby aspect I honestly don't understand why you would buy miniatures (especially GW's stuff) because you're paying a high price to field a terrible, unpainted army and play a game with mediocre rules.

>And Warcraft is still going strong

>Wargames are great because I get hundreds of hours of fun from cleaning, assembling, modelling, and painting. The hobby aspect is huge, and if you don't enjoy that you're going to be extremely put off I suspect because you'll look at the high price
Ma nigga

Eeeeeh...

But AoS is actually pretty fun compared to the joyless, emotionless paint by number experience that 8th was.

AoS is one of the worst wargames ever released by a well known company.

GW did not even bother finishing it. They chucked out an unfinished game after raising prices for good measure because they hoped desperate fanboys would lap it up.

Why prove them right?

Nothing you've said invalidates the point that it's far superior to 8th edition.

Man you redshirts are getting pretty desperate

But its not.

8th edition was not as insanely overpriced, was more balanced, had actual point values and had far superior fluff/models even if it had declined from 6th edition.

The only way is AoS is 'better' is that it lets idiots take whatever they want instead of building a coherent force. And that can be done in any wargame if your opponent will let you.

Ah yes, have to be a redshirt to claim I have a reason to pull out the bow-armed skinks from storage again after the fiasco of 7th and 8th.

Its going to be pretty damn funny when these people who blame the fans for WHFB dying get asked why they didn't buy enough naked monopose dwarves.

8th had shit magic, shit deathstar meta, and was the final and logical step from the abomination that 6th was. 5th edition was objectively the best warhammer edition there was, and AoS is closer to that in spirit than any of the 6+ eds. 6 and up were shit as tactical games, and were shit as fantasy spectacles.

>6th
>abomination

What in gods name is wrong with you?

And no, AoS is not in the 'spirit' of anything. It is one of the most cynical wargames ever released.

>shit as tactical games
>defends AoS

Right, so you are just trolling.

I'm not trolling. AoS is also shit at tactical game, but it does not attempt to be, unlike the sad sack of shit that 6th was. 5th was amazing, with plenty of wierd critters, off the wall units and heroes, and the wonderful winds of magic supplement. 6th did away with all that, trying to make it a historical game of squares with some magicians thrown in, and failed to be both fantasy and historical.

You are trolling or a fucking idiot because they are the only people who claim 6th was trying to be a 'historical' game.

6th ed WHFB is not only a successful fantasy setting, its one of the best around. There is nothing wrong with a fantasy setting being more grounded.

Whereas something like Age of Sigmar is awful precisely because its so over the top and there is nothing to identify with.

>being run into the ground like a flaming 747
youtu.be/aXDAhnbYobE

>Is there.... even hope, Veeky Forums?

As a Battletech grognard...no.

No tears, only nightmares.

AoS is the clan invasion all over again. Hold me Veeky Forums, i'm scared!

all things considered magic and warhammer are both pretty inexpensive hobbies. you ever tried motorsports? or hunting?

It suffers from the same problems (OP magic, no tactical depth and shitty grindy combat mechanism) while having no advantages at all.

AoS manages to be a non-wargame and a bad beer-and-pretzels game at the same time.

Drone racing's the new hotness. All Humanity needs now is to add guns to the drones and film a Robot Wars sequel.

youtube.com/watch?v=bR4Gq9qfpnM