Eclipsed Moon Quest Episode 129

Sheets and Info: pastebin.com/u/phantomcrossing
Twitter Account: twitter.com/Artemis_QM
Ask.fm Account: ask.fm/Artemis_QM
Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Eclipsed moon

Quest Start

Following after the hurrying trio and the thing that follows them, you step with increasing purpose as you are assailed by flashes of visions from your psychometric abilities. Ahead of you this pathway you have never walked before becomes familiar and terrible. Sights of death and grotesque suffering certainly would lay ahead, a killing ground for the malevolence which you have stumbled upon, had you not on a whim sought out a potential well of power for you.

Power ready to fall to your control once you seek it out. After you have dealt with this evil.

Dissonant echoes of the past fill you with somber rage, of the innocent and less so cut down by formless madness.

You are Mikage Chiba, clad in the robes and cloak as the mysterious hero known as Eclipse. Ally to Sailor New Moon and the new generation of Sailor Senshi, magical girls empowered by planetary magic to protect the blue earth you all call home. You used to carry that mantle, as Sailor Moon after your mother and elder sister. Certain trauma from your final encounter with your supposed enemy brought you to abandon that title and close yourself off from the people who cared about you.

Recent events have forced you out of that shell and allowed you to confront the uncertain events of that past and forge your own future.

Other urls found in this thread:

archivesofnethys.com/SpellDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Ablative Barrier
archivesofnethys.com/SpellsCustom.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

At present you find yourself in Paris to your great surprise. After scouting after the new enemy your Sister and her allies, and by extension you and your allies, face you followed them through an innocuous stairwell which turned out to be a folded space in reality. A subtle portal bridging great geographic distance. Here you lost track of them when they boarded a west traveling flight vehicle, but you are now sure of the identity of their civilian front organization.

However, rather than strafe back down the portal to home, you elected to open your supernatural senses to any places of great connection to the magical energies of the Earth beneath you.

While you are the daughter of Sailor Moon, reincarnation of an Ancient Magical Kingdom seated upon and ruled by the magic of the moon above, your father is the inheritor of Earth’s own power.

Fitting then, that you call yourself Eclipse. The shadow of the Earth over the Moon when your own power lies within both. Well, honestly you’ve invested into the power of the earth, even holding the still fractured Golden Crystal close to your breast.

Grasping the locket containing the artifact for just a moment, you continue on. There is a monster here in the Catacombs beneath Paris. Born of projected belief, blood, bone, and fear. Hatred coalesced over an eternity in the dark among and from the dead.

And had you not cast your vision this way, it would have assuredly killed again. This spirit, this Genius Loci. There are three local young people ahead of you a good ways, being herded to a particular killing ground in this extensive maze of a subterranean mausoleum.

Before you claim the gathered power caused by an intersection of magical ley lines. Before you seek your way back to Japan. Before you do anything else, you will save these people and put evil to rest.

>Continue after in stealth, wait for it to make its first overt move
>Force confrontation now, make it reveal its form with a particular spell
>Make telepathic contact with the Genius Loci, try to talk to it
>Make telepathic contact with one of those fleeing, who? Guide, Host, or Camera? What do you say?
>Verbally make your presence known to creature and victims alike. What do you say?
>Cast a spell
>Use a power
>Write in

Thirty Minute voting window for Opening Post vote from the first vote cast.

15 minute window for subsequent votes from the first vote cast.

Welcome back again friends. I am reticent to migrate EMQ over to /qst/ and will continue to run where I started from until such time that a migration is made mandate and enforced. So while we're still here and in the interest of staying, lets play.

>Make telepathic contact with the Genius Loci, try to talk to it

>Make telepathic contact with one of those fleeing, who? Guide, Host, or Camera? What do you say?
Guide. Warn they are being herded, stay calm, give directions back out.

I'd rather fustrate its efforts to herd them.
Might get them out of the area without incident or seeing anything, and leave us feel to deal with it without others at stake.
Or it might force it to try to form up physically to stop to escape, then we get the drop on it.

>I am reticent to migrate EMQ over to /qst/ and will continue to run where I started from until such time that a migration is made mandate and enforced.

So, basically, you're just shitposting my board?

Extending voting window for contention by 15 minutes.

Well Mods aren't deleting quest threads yet here but they are deleting reported shitposts telling them to go and stay go, friend.

I am carrying on as I have, and while /qst/ is a trial board I have no plans to move. It is either going to be a temporary experiment or the law of the land, and I won't be throwing in until it is law.

I appreciate your passion for this board, but honestly you are shitting it up more with your attitude. Now if you'll excuse me, while my voting window is extended, I'm going to go derp around and read what's going on in 5E general and PF general and maybe comment on things I have opinions on, anecdotes worth sharing, or querying for more information on a story or topic.

>>Continue after in stealth, wait for it to make its first overt move

Anyone else want to vote this? Just need two people to agree to break deadlock.

Alright, window closed. Let's see how the extension was solved with votes-

Seriously.

Further still extending the voting window.

Good morning everyone.

The Cabal is strong. G'mornin'

Fine, I'll switch to get things moving.
Changing to

GAME SET MATCH!

Alright, I need a Persuasion test. dice+1d20+10

best of 3.

Rolled 5 + 10 (1d20 + 10)

Rolled 1080 (1d2010)

Rolled 11 + 10 (1d20 + 10)

Whoops.

Try that again.

Rolled 13 + 10 (1d20 + 10)

Baggett is the true path to victory.

And if you are going to do just that, you need to deny it every advantage and bring these people out of danger. This evil has been herding them to a killing ground, it’s own hunting and killing ground that has served it well for over a hundred years.

So, you’ll guide them away from here. Though they’ve already made a few turns down this course, and the formless hatred remains between you and them.

-Be calm,- you offer to the near to frantic trio in a calming thought at odds with the macabre atmosphere around you, -say nothing,-

The stone is cold and damp beneath your feet, and the shelves here are different from the others you had seen in the catacombs. The skulls are lined to face outward here, without jaws and staring out with empty sockets. There is a certain oppressive torrent here, and you counter it as you share calm and control over your telepathic connection.

The one in the track suit, his jacket open, twitchily turns around and swings the flashlight around searching for the source of what he has heard in his continued state of worry and terror.

He is about to object to something when the larger man in spelunking gear clamps a hand over his mouth and looks about.

-You are right to flee, as there is evil in this place,- you offer quietly as they cast their eyes and camera around the hallway, -However it guides you along toward a killing ground by screams and fear. Follow back the way you came, and I will see evil to rest,-

Much to the small man’s silent protest, the camerawoman and the larger man walk back. Through the parting presence of the Genius Loci as you press off against the wall of skulls to let them pass and yourself be unnoticed.

The thing beside you quietly rages as ahead of them it summons shrieks and screams to try and drive them back toward its goal, but at your quiet urging they press on until they return to the intersection they previously fled from.

>Follow after them
>Reveal yourself to the Genius Loci, fight it here
>Reveal yourself to the Genius Loci, head toward its killing ground
>Head toward its killing ground, there is something there that’s important
>Force the Genius Loci to reveal itself
>Cast a spell or use a power
>Write in

>>Head toward its killing ground, there is something there that’s important
See what it had waiting. Would imagine it to be a focal point of some sort.

>Reveal yourself to the Genius Loci, head toward its killing ground

>Head toward its killing ground, there is something there that’s important
I wanted to post that image of Batman out sneaking people but Veeky Forums is fighting me on it.

Cause sneaking up on a spook seems awesome.

writing

As the ephemeral wave of hatred passes you, you rush out toward where it had been trying to herd the three you shooed away. Still guided by instinct and your contact with the outlying dread of this creature, you move through the labyrinthian catacombs with certain ease. Turning deeper as the screams sound in the distance behind you, all reverberating with the spirit’s magic.

In no time at all you find a chamber blocked by a mostly closed iron door, rested heavily by untold time and flood. Wrenching it open, you notice it is in a way like the closed dimensional space you earlier passed through. However this space is unrealized…

WIthin this wide and stained chamber, bricks arrayed in circular pattern around a circular room and the whole of it wreathed even in the darkness an ichor red from untold time of atrocity. More than that, as you cross the threshold you feel a certain reverberation.

And the supernatural screams above you stop.

Eyes are upon you, unable to properly perceive you but cast upon this space all the same. This is the heart of the Genius Loci, the crucible of its creation perhaps. Walls littered with indentation filled with bones and skulls. Ceiling high and vaulted with layers and layers of criss crossing iron beams.

Your enemy has torn away from its prey and is coming here. Its attention alone makes the space here warp and flicker, from this room it could probably craft nightmarish dimensions for which to torment and entrap others.

Though to do that there must be something here anchoring its power...

>Search this room, for what? And how?
>Wait in the doorframe for your enemy’s arrival
>Wait here in the room’s center for your enemy
>Hide yourself to the fullest of your abilities
>Leave this room
>Write in

Search the room.
Find a focal point and we can put some restoration into it.
Use Insight.

Is conceal thoughts up? because if not
>Cast Conceal thoughts

Otherwise

Also, I have now bought a baggett for no other reason than this quest while grocery shopping.

Fuck off to quest board, you autistic sperglord son-of-a-camwhore

Please see my response to an earlier post sharing your sentiment here I did not report the post that brought about that response nor do I intend to report your own.

Have a nice day, user.

Ha, I linked the first post not my response. My bad.

There we go. Sorry about that.

Writing, give me a moment.

Okay, I need insight

dice+1d20+6

Best of 3

Rolled 13 + 6 (1d20 + 6)

Rolled 12 + 6 (1d20 + 6)

Rolled 15 + 6 (1d20 + 6)

Rolled 1 + 6 (1d20 + 6)

You are the hero now.

That was close.

Whoohooo!

An anchor to its power...you take a steadying breath and take in the layout of the room. Bones are densely packed into the alcoves, and perhaps that is what you should seek.

Holding your hand against the the wall you feel for a power that reverberates with the oncoming hatred from above, coursing through the labyrinth. It comes for its home but not necessarily toward you but in search of you. There feels like something in the walls. In the alcoves.

You will find it. You will bring it light.

And rend this hatred from it.

Tearing open one alcove, you find nothing that calls to your sixth sense, bones clatter across the reddened bricks beneath you. Stone soaks and stained in so much blood.

Into the next alcove you rend its contents free, as you feel the presence come closer still, the iron door pulling wide by unseen force.

Clatter and scatter ivory and black. You begin focusing your purifying power into a coalesced touch as you pull at a third alcove. It pulses in force as you feel the hatred come here forms and shrieks at you from the end of the long hallway before its iron door. Space begins warping around you as an illusory space begins to take hold. You have no time to register just what it tries to plunge you into as pushing bones out of your way your grasp at a broken skull deep within the recessed space.

It is cleaved from back to eye, cracked and chipped and made of not but pain. As you touch it and pull it free you are beset by images of terror and fear. Of streets red with blood and riots putting guilty and innocent alike upon the block.

Upon the guillotine.

Even when the stock brace was broken they held her there. She struggled free as the blade fell. Its descent was the last thing she saw.

The room had become a black and barren hellscape of torture and pain as it crossed the iron threshold. Your light instead shines through the bone corrupted by hate and pain, turning to ash in your hand. Instead she is a humanoid phantom upon red brick. Sobbing and fading.

You are alone. The malevolence has passed and whatever drove it has been freed from what bound it here. It has peace.

And you know the way to the place of power you have come to claim.

>You...you need a minute, you need several minutes
>Go, seek out the place of power
>Enough of this place, try to find your way out of here now
>Head after those people, you want to know if they got away safely
>Write in

Reflect for a moment. We saved people, and gave peace to a specter bound by pain.
Then we can continue on to claim the place of power.

I wonder who she was.

A noble killed during the French Revolution?

>>You...you need a minute, you need several minutes

Or even just someone they wanted dead. The french revolution was pretty fucked.

I wonder if we could collect the reward.

Aye

Writing

Falling against the wall, in emotional exhaustion from what you’ve witnessed, you gasp for air. With the disappearance of malevolence, this place became void of the oppressive energy that pushed at your senses. While banishing it took very little of your energy, it has taken another toll on you all the same.

Sliding against the wall to the floor, you pull down at your mask and gasp freely.

You need a minute, you need several minutes.

Reflecting on your experience, you are left with glancing bits and pieces of who this person was. The last granules of the rendered ash of her skull stick to your gloved hand in an uncomfortable manner.

A servant girl, who as a child had nothing but gained a rising employ. Her only crime volunteering herself as a distraction that her lady, a young woman of means and comparable age, could slip to freedom. Her lady was a naive woman who didn’t understand what was happening when the revolution and bloody reign began.

Ultimately they both died before the guillotine. Her effort wasted and the hatred of the mob lead her to death throes and struggle.

She died bravely, you think, but the dead often have differing perspectives on their demise. More than anything she was touched by the hatred of the mob. The unending hatred that made parisian streets run red with blood instead of with piss and water.

Hugging your knees to your chest, you compose yourself.

“Maybe the old me would have had a panic attack,” you chuckle dryly to yourself as the phantom in military dress appear before you.

“I think that speaks of how far you’ve come, princess,” Zoisite offers with a smile as the translucent form of Kunzite crosses his arms and looks askance.

Grabbing purchase on one of the cleared alcoves, raising yourself up from the mess of bones on the floor, you thank the shadows of the Shintennou for their concern.

...still, for whatever was done to this girl who remains nameless to your awareness; she revisited that hatred and cruelty upon the world without hesitation. Is that what death can do to even a kind soul? It brings you near to retching just to think of it.

>Make your way to the Earth Node
>You’ve done enough here, it’s time to go
>Try to call someone on your compact, who?
>Try to call someone on your phone, who?
>Write in

Magnifique

>>Make your way to the Earth Node

>Is that what death can do to even a kind soul?
It is what pain can do if one cannot find relief. Though there is question of how she became trapped in that pain even in death, but some mysteries are not easily solved.

Just do like the English do and blame the French.

Counting and writing

Carefully wiping the last of your encounter from your glove, you shudder a moment. Had you revealed this creature for its true form at present or engaged it at the edge of, or entirely within, its demesne you would have surely had a more hard fought experience. Still, you know where you need to go.

Kunzite and Zoisite fall in step behind you, before fading back into the stones in your hand. Navigating the labyrinth toward a different destination, you find yourself climbing higher and leaving these solemnity of death behind you. Well, as far behind as it can be let when the walls are set with their reminders.

No longer alcoves and recesses, the walls are made of stacked bones and rows of skulls. In fact to a point it is artfully arranged, as though masons tirelessly made sure the dead made were aesthetically pleasing from floor to ceiling. Torch sconces flickering as you find a lit way, much to your concern, you pass by columns of long cleaned bones in patterned hip and jaws.

Eventually you come to a pit, lined with a staircase spiralling around its interior curve. Your journey again brings you down. Down a long way until you find skulls and femurs arranged in a circular pattern, a starburst created in negative space, as they come together in the center. There are two other arched passages from this area...but you know it is here you have come for.

Kneeling at the starburst pattern, you dig into the gray and brown dirt. It is more akin to dry clay as you begin to dig, but after time it gives way to the rich black of soil. Pulling your hood back, you shake your presently unbound hair free. Pink tresses and locks wave about in the flickering dark and oddly oppressive heat.

Pressing your hands into the black of the dirt, you find yourself sinking. Swallowed into a womb of rich and life giving earth. The intersecting ley lines cross through you at this juncture of contradiction. Of death with the certain potential for new life.

Black soil, rich and fertile, surrounds you and heals and suffuses you with a certain light. Your magical energy restored to full, any fatigue you had alleviated, and the wounds of your psyche mended further by this contact.

More than that, the crystal is also made just a bit more whole.

And the final energies of this place swell within you, you...

>Focus on the self, raise your mythic tier by 1
>Focus on your allies, Increase your Knights from 4 to 5

(Your knights already earned level 4 but I hadn’t leveled them yet)

>>Focus on the self, raise your mythic tier by 1

>Focus on the self, raise your mythic tier by 1

Writing

Missed the vote, would have had a hard time choosing though.
Looks like we are set for a tier increase.
We now have Mythic Saves, a Mythic Feat selection, a Path Ability selection, a spell selection through our Mythic Spell Lore, and Divine Source now can draw on the 7th level spells.

Mythic Saving Throws (Ex): At 5th tier, whenever you succeed at a saving throw against a spell or special ability, you suffer no effects as long as that ability didn't come from a mythic source (such as a creature with a mythic tier or mythic ranks). If you fail a saving throw that results from a mythic source, you take the full effects as normal.

I have to admit, I expected to level before we hit a tier, so I've mainly been looking at 4th level spell selections for suggestions before this, but we're still at 3rd level as our highest at the moment. So no immediate suggestions on that front.

...you pull this power into yourself and let it raise and enhance you in ways beyond the bonds of mortality. Potential lines of growth and advancement stretch out before you as the power explodes around and within you. Hands reaching up, you pull into the surface of the starburst of dirt and find yourself cold when it had previously been so hot.

The crystal is almost ready. You are empowered and shine with a quickly fading golden light.

The earth beneath you, it knows something is wrong. It knows it has been infected in some fashion and that it is in danger. Shaking the dirt from your hair you rise on unsteady feet, uncertainly stepping toward the stairs and the surface like a child who has grown too quickly. As strong as you feel, there is a certain foreignness to you even in your own body.

Did your mother feel like this as she crossed increasingly powerful thresholds of potential? When next you see her you’ll ask. How much more are you now, anyhow? To cling so fully to the idea of humanity when you worry you aren’t a part of that experience anymore…

Even energized you are short of breath as you rise through the pit, walls of skulls staring at you in awe and judgement.

Are they?

Is it your imagination?

So much power, it distracts you from clear thoughts.

The labyrinth passes quickly, but so many eyes upon you. So many empty faces of the past. How many dead are buried in humanity’s past. How many died when the whole of the system fell so long ago? What resources or recourse does this give the enemy?

What does it give you?

Your mind distracted, long pink hair trailing upon the cloak of your robes as you pull yourself forward through tightening halls until you come into a wide and tall room of bone and arches.

Alone for a moment, you catch your breath. You are on fire with this power. It is momentarily consuming as it settles within you. You are this planet’s guardian, though you do not take that duty to its most powerful state. At least, you cannot just yet.

Before you, as the last vestiges of the empowering light within and around you fades, a burning point of light in scintillating color burns before you. From this light you see a ring of astrological symbols before they burn and warp into crystalline shapes. Starseeds? Though in a hair’s breadth they are five human shapes in the colorful garb of magical guardians in sailor suits.

Sailor Juno, Sailor Pallas, Sailor Ceres, Sailor Vesta, and Sailor Sol.

They float before you a moment, hands intertwined in a circle. As they descend and their hair settles in motion, they all take a knee in momentary exertion. The arrival of a Sailor Planet teleport.

Taking in their surroundings, it is Sailor Pallas who speaks first.

“WOW! This place is really cool!” she says with a bubbly innocence that belies her true maturity, “Palla Palla likes it!”

“Mikage!” Sol calls out as she sees you leaning against the wall, rushing over and taking your by the shoulders, “Are you okay? We hadn’t heard from you in hours and Nephrite Knight couldn’t get a read on you until just a minute ago,”

Hours? Well, that’s something...just how long were you down in the earth?

End

Okay, so. Tier up. Post your disparate notions for your options for your Mythic Feat, Path Ability, and Spell choice and we’ll go from there. I’m going to go have dinner and see what you guys have agreed or disagreed on.

>The earth beneath you, it knows something is wrong. It knows it has been infected in some fashion and that it is in danger.
Hm.

So, in general.

>Choose a Mythic Feat
>Choose a Mythic Path Ability
>Choose a Spell

Thanks for the thread, Veeky Forums

Thanks for running Art, I'll leave mechanics picking to someone who knows the system better than me.

On the Crafter-route that's been kicked around, we have the following:

Trickster's Path Dabbling into Archmage's Crafting Mastery, granting access to all forms of crafting, and doubling the speed of those we have access to otherwise.

Mythic Craft Wondrous Item, allowing us to modify, change the form of, and combine any type of magic item we can make, and allows us to expend mythic power to put in the equivalent of an 8-hour work day into a wondrous item, once per item per day.

Combined, we can work/alter anything and build wondrous items really fast. Wondrous theoretically being the category that covers most special items and hopefully magitek.

Cons: Not a direct power boost, takes time.
Pros: Can be used to bolster allies and do some things that might not be possible otherwise.

Aye, thanks for the quest!
We'll throw some suggestions up and see what sticks.

The other Path suggestion has been taking another hit of Divine Source, granting an additional Domain and two Subdomains.
This involves a number of sub-choices. A persistent suggestion with this is the Resurrection subdomain of Healing. Which gives us additional doses of Healing with a side of raising the dead.

If or when we do go this way, I might suggest the Artifice domain with its Construct subdomain. Most of this is useful utility and crafting stuff, but the the Construct subdomain also brings in Lesser Wish, which is a wildly useful swiss army knife, and even better could solve issues of spell reqs for items. At a later tier it gives the spell that allows us to turn things into other things, a process Fish Eye and friends have benefited from.

Pros: Cosmic power
Cons: Fucking terrifying

>Did your mother feel like this as she crossed increasingly powerful thresholds of potential? When next you see her you’ll ask. How much more are you now, anyhow? To cling so fully to the idea of humanity when you worry you aren’t a part of that experience anymore…

Personally, I'd like to take Divine Source at some point, but crafting seems a more appropriate power increase at the moment and we can put work in with it to get our allies better defenses and make a healing item for Venus to help her long-term health without needing our direct intervention.

Also, I'm hoping if we might be able to convert the construct/undead Neo-Shitennou off corrupted-shadow fuel later on.

Yeah. I think next Tier should be Divine Source vs Star Walker. I'd like to imagine we'd have the Crystal whole by then, so taking that step further into Divine could feel more appropriate. However, we'd also have Star Walker available at that point, which just cool to have.

I'm not so sure about crafting, but like I said I have little experience with this system. I just finished archive diving.

Well, mechanically, our Knights are limited in how powerful they can be, and items could help increase their survivability when helping with Mythic and beyond-E6 threats. I know some would like to go full-armor with them. I'd at least like to get a couple stacking armor buffs on them in the short term.

Then there is the Venus Issue, which some hope this path will offer more solutions, since items can often do things spells alone cannot.

Also, I kinda like the story path on that, building from life and grace, through shadows and healing, to building and creating, and in the future hopefully unlocking the creation of beautiful music again and building to a crescendo of becoming a major force of life and creation in a world beset with perils.
Cue dramatic music.

Yeah I think you may have sold it to me with that.

Sounds good to me.

So.

Place your discussed votes for feat, ability, and spell.

So far?

Path suggestions:
Feat suggestion:
No spell suggestions yet..

The consensus seems to be this: No ideas for the spell.

>No spell suggestions yet..

On that note, how would you treat Mythic Ablative Barrier in your system? The AC bonus and DR are nice, wondering how the nonlethal damage conversion would translate though.
archivesofnethys.com/SpellDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Ablative Barrier

Mythic Heroism looks very useful.
Mythic Daybreak Arrows, well, that could ruin a lot of shadows and make for a lovely rose garden of light.

Also this site's filter & search is just amazingly useful:
archivesofnethys.com/SpellsCustom.aspx

If we could choose 4th level abilities, I was planning to suggest Mythic Plane Shift as our spell. Visit Elysium and could go from there to anywhere else we've been before accurately.
Guess I'll have to wait on that now.

Mythic True Strike could be amazingly good for opening shots.
Particularly in combination with spells that have attack rolls.

So,

Crafting Mastery and Craft Wondrous Item? I can dig it. That cool?

I'll let you guys sort out the spell and conduct your own vote.

>Crafting Mastery
SOON

Though our style is more like this.

Or i could.

Okay, we have

Mythic Heroism
Mythic Daybreak Arrows
Mythic Truestrike

Anything else to that list?

I’d say Mythic Heroism.

There was a question about Ablative Armor up here

Add it to the list of potentials, I will review it and figure that out in a bit. Maybe not tonight. I am juggling text conversations with people.

I'd like to add Mythic Blistering Invective to the list, because it can turn Intimidate into a weapon with literal burn.

Any damage done directly to your health would get routed back by the value to your vitality.

Normal damage against vit would get soaked as written. If you didn't have vit left and took a hit to wounds, you could shunt it to emotional wall as well.

Okay, closed list and vote at your leisure friends.

Blistering Invective
Ablative Barrier
Heroism
Daybreak Arrows
Truestrike

All Mythical