Dafuq are these things on the shoulders Veeky Forums?

Dafuq are these things on the shoulders Veeky Forums?

Are they extra protection pads?
Are they decorations?
Are they something historical?
Are they just some crap that an artist drew when GW memo said "we need something new."?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YauDaugs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pauldrons for your pauldrons

They're actually called yaudaugs.

Did you just made that up?

>Are they extra protection pads?

Yes.

>Are they decorations?

Yes.

>Are they something historical?

Yes.

>Are they just some crap that an artist drew

Yes.

>GW memo

No.

>Did you just made that up?
Say it out loud.

www.strawpoll.me/10100789

Kek

This is the strangest thing for you they come up with? How about...

>LET PUT SPACE MARINE INTO A SPACE MARINE

You mean they put a guy in an exo-armour.

Yeah, they put a guy in a power armor... into another power armor! BRILIANT! GOOD JOB GW Design Team! These idiots will buy anything!

But I can clearly see why they made those horrid models.
Secret is... they wanted to sell more SM models.

But the Yaudaugs have no model selling value, people arent going to buy models just because they have yaudaugs on them, nobody is that stupid...arent they?

What's wrong with that? One is an over-armour.

thats a 2/10 point bait brah
apply yourself

No really, what's wrong with it?
Layering armour is bad wrong for some reason?
Space Marines wear their armour even in a tank.

apply cold water to your sore butt

It's also so that they can carry heavier weapons that not even normal Space Marines can carry

It's not actually that strange. The Centurion armor at least looks fairly protective, unlike the Grey Knights thing, and it does have to carry a huge drill and a gun far larger than what a space marine could normally wield.

I get that Alfabusa made it funny to dislike them, but all in all they're actually pretty cool. The models aren't even that bad, even if they're not as good as the art. If they were available for Dark Angels, I'd use them.

I did, its not helping. There is some coconut oil in the cupboard, take it and apply it gently on my butt if you want it so much.

Tank drivers also have a helmet inside a tank but i never seen Marine wearing double bulletproof vest or a sapper having his normal gear under bomb disposal suit. Its just silly for me.

Also as far as i know Space Marine driver armor is tad lighter also we already have fucking dreadnoughts. What is the fucking point?

>Also as far as i know Space Marine driver armor is tad lighter

No. In fact the most famous Marine tank commander wears a bunch of heavy ass ancient armour.

>also we already have fucking dreadnoughts. What is the fucking point?

Dreadnoughts are life support systems for undead heroes to valuable to die. Centurions are a piece of equipment.

>Not buying the yaudaug model...

user I...

Are there regular space marines who have pauldrons with that style?

I don't like the full bubble pauldron, and desu I'd really like a set where they're maybe about the size and shape of kasrkin pauldrons (possible with some kitbashing, thankfully), but those also look rad and putting them on the more melee-focused members of my setup would be cool.

>No. In fact the most famous Marine tank commander wears a bunch of heavy ass ancient armour

Like ANY fucking famous Marine. Point is they armored probably a tradition prepared for unbuttoned position. Most of driving duty is Techmarine/Servitor/Machinespirit done anyway but as much as my memory is shaky there ill admit i really think i seen some pictures of and models of main drivers wear some light armor with this particular helmets with augs everywhere.

>also we already have fucking dreadnoughts. What is the fucking point?

What is the point OUTSIDE of fluff? They are not even trying. Just pushing more and more 'big robots' models everywhere. People got bored? Let put MORE big robots, this time with MORE over the top weapons and armor. We all know GW wants actively kill the franchise but holy shit.

I don't get it...

One of my biggest problems with centurions and the dreadknight is that the model itself looks horrible.
The ideas behind them are okay but I think the models suck. If the model was ripped nobody would be opposing anything. Nobody opposed Knights, Eldar big robot and Tau big robot because they look old school and cool. Other than that I agree with you.

>Like ANY fucking famous Marine.

No, he specifically wears the heavy shit.

> Most of driving duty is Techmarine

Not true, but even Techmarines have even heavier armour than regular Marines.

>main drivers wear some light armor

We have have models and no, they're fully armoured.

>What is the point OUTSIDE of fluff?

Make new minatures to sell for profit. Do you have anymore inane questions?

>B-but I don't like it!

Oh well, too bad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YauDaugs

Centurions are supposed to just be super devestators or assault, where dreadnoughts are a bit more flexible but a bit less numerous. It's not that strange - if it weren't for the fact that GW kept pushing bigger and bigger models, they wouldn't stand out too much.

To be honest, centurions don't look as bad as most people make them out to be here, sure they are a little bit bulky but not too much.

Dreadknight does look bad though.

They look a lot less bulky when they don't have their weapons.

>No, he specifically wears the heavy shit.

Like ANY fucking famous Marine, are you fucking retarded? Only god damn exception is a Scout.

>We have have models and no, they're fully armoured.

Sorry, people have different opinions. It happens. It migh be just lack of Pauldrons but whatever... you might be right, you might be wrong but for me it really looks like a lighter version of Marine's armor. Can't find the specific picture where it was far more apparent but even on that one here i can see it.

>Do you have anymore inane questions?

No, because you are a cunt with a superiority complex and im done with you. Can't you just get in on conversation and stop waving that small dick like you own the place for once?

I've seen some conversions where people add a small bit of greenstuff or plastic to separate the torso from the waist, and remove the plate skirt and just use a single sideplate for the center.

That helps a lot with the bulk, as the small bit of extra height makes them look less stout.

The weapons on the sides of the torso makes them look bulky, the weapons not so much.

>centurions don't look as bad as most people make them out to be here
pictus relatus

Just shifting the pose a little seems to help. that way they aren't standing so rigidly like statues.

Don't see a problem here.

If centurions were a fan-made project you would be laughing your ass off.
>tg-hypocrites at work

Hands and weapons not being merged emphasizes how the weapons themselves are interchangeable. Obliterators are literally growing weapons out of themselves.

The breast-guns do look awkward, but it would would look stranger if they wren't there.

The pads look pretty nice, even if they look like old termi/ new knight plates.

I get the heads complaint, but what else are you going to do? Slap a Centurion head on there? Give them larger helmets for no real reason, since we know there are marines riding in that armor and their heads aren't that large? If we made the heads just a little higher up, the problem would be solved.

But they are not. "would" is irrelevant. Also nice trips.

>Like ANY fucking famous Marine, are you fucking retarded?

Are you? Not all Marines wear the same armour you retard.

> you might be right, you might be wrong but for me it really looks like a lighter version of Marine's armor.

No, that is mk7 armour.

>you are a cunt with a superiority complex

Hardly, I actually assumed you were clever enough the first time to avoid asking why a miniature making company would make miniatures and gave you the lore reason.

>Can't you just get in on conversation

I am the conversation maker here you spouted some meme bullshit and failed to defend yourself.

I don't like the concept because Dreadknights never stopped giving my mouth a bad taste and Centurions just seemed like the shitty SM version of it. The appearance they went with looks retarded to me. Its the stumpy and stiff appearance that already plagues the designs of their walkers taken to an even worse degree.

>This terminator armour is ancient and venerable increasing strength and durability, so we only allow our honored veterans of countless battles to wear them
>Oh but we also have this thing that's stronger, tougher, and can carry more weapons
>Here Devastator who hasn't even learned half of what we still have to teach him to become a full marine, you use it.

The again I play Raven Guard so of course I don't like the clunky slow moving parts of the Space Marine Armoury used for surviving huge front line engagements.

What do you do with Raven Guard, anyway? A bunch of scouts?

It's sort of like how I wonder what the White Scars do with all their tactical marines.

The problem is, we already have 3 different armours for space marines to ride in. Normal PA, Termin PA and Dred armour.
So looking from a model standpoint you really cant do much to just "insert" a new armour in there.
If you want specialized heavy weapon support armor you either do it in such a way to emphasize the weapons or you dont do it at all.
>Hands and weapons not being merged emphasizes how the weapons themselves are interchangeable.
This is a redundant point. Do they change the weapons while on the field, removing all the power packs and ammo they are carrying while wearing the armour and lock in the new weapons. I assume no, so your point is dead.
Merging weapons would look good and you dont have to deal with modelling the hands. I have no idea how they would be done frankly.
>The breast-guns do look awkward...
Breast guns should have been built more clever. They could have been extensions on the chest instead of being glued to the sides. Or maybe circular rocket pod kinda things, one good idea is probably to merge the armour skirt, chest and rocket nipples into one thing.
>Pads are okay but they should have been more...encompassing, more merged with the armour. Pads are okay for now.
>I get the heads complaint, but what else are you going to do?
Maybe make the armour larger so that you can place the head in a better position. But this one is really tricky.

This completes my essay of the centurions, mister. Grade me.

The bigger one is Harald Deathwolf, and that thing doesn't cover the pauldron, it's more like a cape he made from the pelt of a monster he killed.
He wears it both to show his deed and because it's flame resistant, to the point that in the game he's immune to flamers and pyrocinetic powers

You laugh, but then you've never fought three or five invisible Centurions with grav cannons.

We heard you like pauldrons.
So...

white scars arent all bikers, just like RG arent all scouts

golden tg winner 2016

It's not really a redundant point, though. It shows how Centurion suits are interchangable and can be changed for specific roles, such as devestator or assault squads. They may not have to change weapons while on the field, but they'll probably only equip specific weapons before a battle where Centurions are needed.

Not much else to argue against, you get a B+.

Did that centurion ever heard of leg day?

I won a competition with this conversion.

Hulk Buster, even if usually useless against Hulk, is fucking awesome you nigger. If only the centurion looked more like the Gears of War Silverback...

That's Curadh pattern armor. It's generally worn by company champions and has the additional layer because they're almost always trying to close to melee with an opponent to defend the company captain.

Here have another horrible shop.

that looks good

That looks like even greater shit. Just do this.

Yes and No at the same time.

Knuckle rockets look retarded and make no logical sense. Rockets should be placed either on the shoulders or breast so the guy doesn't fucking fall over or lose accuracy from the kick of the rocket engine. The head also can't go any lower because the space marine is contained entirely within the breastplate of the armor.

How is an entire marine in that chest piece?

>Knuckle rockets look retarded and make no logical sense.
Knucle rockets are the coolest thing since the creation of the word "cool".

Probably folded up like a Tau.

Come back when you're old enough to post here.

Neat, I like far up the head is.

If its a heavy bolter Arm needs a belt feed or something to the back or wherever the ammo storage is, that'd look cool.