Welcome to the thread for d20 station, a rules light Space Station 13 server

Welcome to the thread for d20 station, a rules light Space Station 13 server.

>What the fuck is Space Station 13
A top down atmospherics simulator with a "whodunit" on top. Survive in the station and do your department's job, while fixing the problems that the antagonists cause.

>How do I get this game?
BYOND Download link: byond.com/download/

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP below. Click "Ok", or place the ip into your browser.
byond://76.16.8.127:28014
alt: byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

>I don't want to play as a hobo and my game keeps crashing
BYOND account registration link: secure.byond.com/Join
Without an account you can still join but you will only be able to join as either a hobo or a tourist. People without an account reported difficulty joining the server and maintaining connection, get an account.

>How the fuck do I play this game? I keep hitting myself with things.
Use OOC and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.

Other information can be found on the wiki. robustvinyl.com/ss13/wiki/
Check out the server pop graph to see when people are playing: ss13.se/servers/2284/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jstXuq288Sc
d20station.ddns.net/changelog.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've now finished my new changes to lighting.
I've also likely solved the major issues with disposal systems shooting out things when they should not be

lighting is now not only fast, but instantaneous, nearly all overhead is gone.

This is great news not just because of the obvious reasons, but because this change has now made it so that extremely large maps such as Terra, will no longer have nearly the amount of issues.

and now live
so come break it

Working conveyor corners when? There are workarounds, but it's still a pain if you want a track of conveyor to go both backwards and forwards.

freemans been working on conveyors to fix them up a bit so hopefully that'll be addressed.

I havent noticed any problems with the corner pieces myself though

Hello.

I am not interested in playing SS13.

Thank you.

So after familiarizing myself with the controls and such as an assistant, I was told to go with cargo tech for my first real round, so I'm playing cargo tech now and... what do I do? Do I just load these boxes onto the conveyor belt?

cargo tech is one of the "you can't really fuck this up" jobs
you have a supply ordering console that you can request supply packs from centcom from, which cost supply points. Supply points (currently) slowly regenerate over time, so don't fret if you spend it all. Some crates are locked with accesses so don't think you can just order lasers and pop it open.
Crates shipped from centcom will have a manifest in it, which you should check to make sure it doesn't have any errors (like the number of packages in the shipment being incorrect, station name being incorrect, or it not having the proper contents). Stamp it with your APPROVED or DENIED stamp based on your findings, close the manifest in a crate, and send it back to centcom.

Mining and other things can be done to get minerals and ship things back to centcom for more supply points if you want, but really all you have to do is order crates for people who want them or order things for yourself and toy with the contents.
added a verb a bit ago that lets you change if a conveyor operates inverted for those corner pieces. But largely i've been unfucking most of the conveyor code since it has those bits and pieces of it that existed because the objects were hardcoded and mapspawn only. And also emiko had some really janky fucking behavior in place for belts being secured or not. I'm also trying to get a working version of a splitter going but since I don't have good sprites anyways I think I can just commit some fixes and be done with it for a while.

>close the manifest in a crate, and send it back to centcom.
don't forget to copy the manifests
why doesn't anybody copy the manifests?

Ignore these fags, steal an emitter from engineering, put it somewhere hidden, order a ballistics crate, put it in front of emitter, turn the emitter on, enjoy space 2nd amendment.

i'm just wondering... is my old friend lee still playing this?

~U.S.B.

how is playerbase these days?

i'm not
but you are an inspiration to all non shit borgs everywhere yew ess bee

he was but now hes salty that he got pooped on for pooping on newfriend esl's

youtube.com/watch?v=jstXuq288Sc
#quebeclivesmatter

I know you're trying to grasp at straws that quebecois are dicks but you are using a pretty ironic example

though the esl did try hard to speak english

you hurt me in my feelers nernums
I thought you where my greatest ally
I thought that wordlessly being shot was case enough
you banned me because i was annoying you,you nerd not because i killed some newfag

people have been banned for less

yeah i would just prefer he say "i banned lee because he was annoying the fuck out of me"
and not
"LEE ATTACKED A FRENCH CANADIAN FOR NOT SPEAKING ENGLISH HE R-RACIST"

but its what happened

>tfw have proof that thats bullshit
>tfw steam deletes chat history so its gone
maple jew you win this round

What makes this server different from other servers? I've been trying to find like a features list but I can't seem to find one anywhere.

d20station.ddns.net/changelog.html

To be concise, we have nernums' innumberable quality-of-life improvements, bug fixes, tweaks, etc. On top of those, basically every admin actively contributes to the codebase with their own new content and bug fixes.

There's a grand total of like 4 unobtrusive rules, a light/medium RP mindset, and players actually willing to teach newfriends.

Also you can play as a child if you want. I've heard that's fun.