Why would anyone voluntarily join Nurgle? Slaanesh I can understand, and Khorne is useful in a fight...

Why would anyone voluntarily join Nurgle? Slaanesh I can understand, and Khorne is useful in a fight, and I assume Tzeentch appeals to people with a long view, but what does Nurgle offer the average joe?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44031
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because they don't think things through? Probably seems like a good idea at the time,though it obviously isn't, they are just in a desperate situation?

Because sometimes you don't want to get old and die. Sometimes the crippling disease hurts too much. Sometimes you're just so fucking alone.

All of this Nurgle can fix for you, and he will do so with a smile and expect nothing of you.

Safety. Peace.
You don't need to worry, Papa Nurgle's got your back. There's nothing to be afraid of.
You become one with the world, understanding the importance of every life, in the embrace of a caring, loving God.

Out of simple despair. Nurgle, unlike the other three, offers a "real family" of people like you, a "loving grandfather" that will make sure you "neer feel pain ever again". In disease, unity. In not!pain, strength. In despair, family.

Because a lot of people are sick or old and nurgle offers to treat them as long as they treat him like their dad and do as he says

Same thing suicide does for the mentally ill and terminally diseased. It's peace. They get to just let go of their pain and despair.

Man, who knew WoW erp had such characters.

Because they're cowards.
Slaanesh master race!

is there some Veeky Forums guild for wow rp?
would be kinda fun
and it's going to be awesome when the nostalriusguys announce a colab with blizz for legacy servers

Because it's the one that is actually less likley to get you killed?

>those spoilers
NEVER EVER ;_;

Nurglites cling to the family and genuine love Nurgle provides. All of his daemons are gregarious, jovial, and friendly to one another as well as mortals who follow them. That's not to say you won't get the worst disease in the Galaxy but they don't do it on purpose (except when they do). Nurgle promises an end to suffering and pain, so those who have nothing but hopelessness jump to it. Hell, Nurgle is the only God where every single one of his followers are granted daemonhood as plague bearers, though the person's soul is effectively moot at that point.

Because he loves you.

forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44031

People dont usually join Nurgle voluntarily. You get a disease and die, then become a Plaguebearer. Or you get a disease and willingly submit so the pain will subside. Like what happened to the Death Guard.

1. Tzeentch
2. Slaanesh
3. Nurgle
4. Malal
5. The Horned Rat
6. Be'lakor
7. Hashut
8. Necoho
9. Zuvassin
10. Nuffle
11. Khorne

For the same reason you would frost a cake with your butt, obviously.

Isn't the point with the big four that they ruse people to join them? I mean I'm sure there's some psychos outh there that will join them just because, specially in 40k, but I'm sure most of the followers didn't fully know what they were signing for first and now they're into much shit to go back. Specially the tzeentch guys.

The only thing I like is Chaos Undivided, Abby might be a so-so Warmaster for the Black Crusade but you gotta admit, keeping your own free will while having the favour of all 4 Chaos gods is quite an accomplishment.

Jeez, I've seen some fucked up RP bios, but holy shit!

while I see where you're going with this, no amount of mere money is worth Nurgle
"Here, just lemme rub this goop into your gums. OK, you're part of the crew now. Take these pills every day to keep the tumors at bay... I mean, you know. mostly. Look at me. Spewing out tumor goop left and right."

Plague bearers are depressed and hate how annoying Plague flies and nurglings are. Plague Bearer Heralds of Nurgle are literally overworked and tired desk workers. Great Unclean Ones and Nurglings are the only jovial ones in the group

>Hell, Nurgle is the only God where every single one of his followers are granted daemonhood as plague bearers
The souls of Khornates who die in the battle get taken to make Blood Letters. I'm sure Tzeencth and Slaanesh have similar origins for their daemons.

>β€œIn the embrace of great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.”

>It is to free themselves from despair – the mortal dread of illness, starvation and death – that men turn to Grandfather Nurgle. He is a warm, welcoming god, who prides himself on the achievements of his followers, gifting them with hideous diseases even as he protects them from pain and the ravages of death. The fear of death can be found in the hearts of all sentient creatures, and so there is no shortage of mortals willing to sacrifice their immortal souls in return for the corrupted preservation of their physical bodies.

>Great Unclean Ones and Nurglings are the only jovial ones in the group
Beasts too, though they can also get depressed and evolve into Rot Flies.