What superpower did you want as a child?

What superpower did you want as a child?

What superpower do you want know?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P1Zy6UcA8GA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Laser vision

Shapeshifting

Flight

Super Strength/Durability

The ability to shoot energy blasts

Super Intellect. I'm sick to death of feeling like an idiot all the time

I wanted to be loved.

Flying

Electrical Manipulation

Shapeshifting or psychic powers.

Teleportation (fuck commuting)

Teleportation

Sand manipulation.

A-user-kun...!

1) Flight

2) What would be called a "Breaker state" in the Worm webseries. Basically the power to turn into something that other people can't bother.

The ability to grab an object in a picture or on television and pull it into reality.

I grew up in a poor household so I would look at the supermarket ads and wish I could get food.

But what power do you want now?

>What superpower did you want as a child?
I'm not sure, actually. Probably to be able to do anything I pleased sounds up that little shit's alley though.

>What superpower do you want now?
Electromagnetic Manipulation/Generation. Guaranteeing the salvation of all souls who actually deserve it. Even if I'm not included.

For my penis to be wider than it is long.

When I was a kid I wanted to be able to stop time.

Now that I grew up I wanted the power to travel between different universes, or to different locations within the same universe. Like teleport but also includes dimension hopping.

Do I deserve salvation?

I wanted to have a healing factor like wolverine when I was a kid.

Now it's all about mind control/reading. Realistically it's the most bang for your powered buck

Super Human Strength

But now I want the combined intelligence and genius of Tony Stark, Bruce Wayne, and Doctor Doom then I can super science just about any power I want by turning myself into a guyver style Ironman cyborg

Flight

Shapeshifting

Super Strength. That has some obvious drawbacks though.

Now I want mind reading, the kind where you gotta focus on someone to hear their thoughts, not the kind where you hear everything. It's easy to keep it secret, and it has enormous benefits.

Those retarded love parameter glasses. Along with Saitama tier everything else.

as a child i wanted to be God
like most of my other childhood aspirations, my desire for superpower has diminished and i'd settle for eternal youth now as an adult.. hell, i'd settle for a one time reset to my high school age
would be supper sweet to actually redo high school/college

Super strength

Healing touch

>peasants wish for food-making super powers

Just cut the tip off.

>healing touch

Similar to this, but I'd love to have total molecular control of both mine and other's bodies that I'm touching. Sorta like pillar men. Live forever, change myself to a perfect specimen, heal and alter people who aren't shitheads. Or even heal shitheads, and hopefully make them less of an asshole.

I don't know. Probably something to do with water or ice or sharks, since I liked those things a lot.

I suppose either Super Intellect/Wisdom, Super Charisma, or just Wizard Powers so I could do a little of everything with some restriction and I could walk the planes and understand the universe.

Flight (which is still totally rad and like 3rd on the list)

Precognition, it's just so swish.

Time travel, Sound Nullification, Force field

Light manipulation, Dream Manipulation, ghost powers.

>As a child
Flight
>Now
Immortality wolverine level

Flight, with wings.

Flight, with wings.

Can someone explain while do many of you put flight as your favorite power? and why did it stop being it now?

I wanted the ability to perfectly copy objects I touch, so I could make infinite money from one banknote or just copy shiny shit from a store

It would still be nice I guess

>would need the ability to perceive molecules / atomic particles
>know genetics, chemistry, and physics
>have the memory to retain all the data of an object in order to change it

Speed Force

Speed Force

I don't remember what, if any, superpowers I'd have wanted when I was a child. Now I'd definitely take shapeshifting.

Flight resonates with human beings for a wide variety of reasons. It really hits on something almost spiritual in what it would represent to be able to fly like Superman, without caring about wind currents or complex machinery.

Imagine it. Total freedom. The ability to go anywhere you want, easily, without fear of obstacles. The feeling of being completely loosened from all distractions. The ability to, at a whim, simply soar into the clouds, and get a gods-eye perspective on things.

I have no idea how deeply widespread telekinetic flight would effect human psychology, but it would strike deep.

As a child, I wanted to be a Jedi.

Nowadays? The power to create a portal to any other location deemed necessary. Maybe take a walk on the African savannahs one day, wander about the jungles and temples of India another, stop by my summer house in Puerto Rico for a weekend, and open a window to Antarctica to use as natural air conditioning.

I wonder if there's already a stand that can open portals to places.

Not one of them, but I suppose from a psychology standpoint, it means freedom and adventure. Imagine getting into an awesome fight in mid air, or the rush of flying as fast as you can, or being anywhere you want, unrestrained.
Just a guess, though.

Thermokinesis

Ability to project imagination onto reality.

Shapeshifting (with a major focus on dinosaurs/kaiju)

finally becoming a real girl

WAIT WAIT WAIT

I remembered something I REALLY wanted as a kid.

You know how sometimes you squash peoples heads between your fingers with perspective fuckery?

I wanted to be able top do that, but actually affect what I was 'squishing'

Along with other things, like slicing with the edge of my hand, or smashing with a clenched fist.

Electricity/Electromagnitism

Wormhole manipulation/Space/time manipulation

I used to want to heal people, since I thought healing was just something inherently good, but as I grow older I realize it isn't.

Nowadays, I'm not sure. I suppose being able to make my own little pocket plane with a nice house and a loving family sounds nice. Not sure, though.

As a kid: flight
Nowadays: flight.

i just want to be free

Fuck man at least try to set limits for yourself

eh, it's a superpower. General idea and thought should be good enough. I'd start out just gluing cuts and shit back together and making stuff like hair grow and bones thicken until I understand things better.

Unless you're suggesting somebody like Magneto has to perceive and alter every electron in every object to manipulate magnetism, in which case we're never gonna agree on this.

But what if our universe don't support speed force?

Not him, but speed force is motion itself. It exists outside of the confides of reality, the source of all kinetic energy in the first place. It will work no matter where you go.

>It will work no matter where you go.
It doesn't work in the Marvel Universe.
Flash is no faster than a normal human being when he goes there.

Flight

Happiness

Flying

Dying

Time Freeze

A proper version of Immortality

I though that, that only work in the DC universe.

Time control.

Time control.

Seriously, control over time is OP.

Stop time

Cartoon physics

So, you want to float now?

>Cartoon physics

Alright, that would be awesome.
youtube.com/watch?v=P1Zy6UcA8GA

>Cartoon physics

Patrician taste right there

As a kid, wanted flight

Then after puberty wanted invisibility lol

But as an adult, mind control. I'd like to think I'd use it for good, but I'd probably end up using in morally grey areas at best.

Invisibility.
Time manipulation.
Everything just takes too damn long for my liking, especially sleep. I like to enjoy sleeping, but I don't usually get the chance.

flight and super-strength.

Mind control.

Kid: The power to fly

Now: The ability to summon Star Platinum.

>mfw when I've always wanted to ORA ORA someone through a brick wall.

supa strongth
I was always beaten up as a kid

Now, tempature manipulation, which is basically weak versions of pyro ad cryo kenisis coupled together

Elasticity

Still stand by it

What if we're in one of the many Earths of DC universe?

>Cartoon physics

Something like spinach powers?

Someone calculated that the top speed of The Flash was pic, C is the speed of light.

As a kid, super strength.

When I got a bit older and lazier, telekinesis. I once had a really vivid dream about folding socks into pairs whilst sitting across the room with my mind powers.

Then, flight (plus maybe super-sight, though even normal sight would have been alright by me).

Now, turning back time.

as kid I wanted super speed mostly cause I was a sonic fan when I was a kid.

nowadays I want either teleportation which could make me a crap ton of cash if I use it right or just have my own stand.
doesn't even need to have it's own power, I just want it to be humanoid so it can grab and punch stuff and I'll be good.
cause a invisible bodyguard is worth it's weight in gold

Why the fuck isnt this in scientific notation?
2.376x10^43

Super Shagger: "No means 'convince me.'"

So slow?

Isn't that from when he saved Seoul from a nuke? He didn't even break a sweat from that, so I don't think that's his cap.

The opposite. Fastest feat of speed in comic book history, surpassing that one anime where multi-Galaxy sized things punched each other.

What about the attosecond meme?

As a child i wanted x-ray vision and super strength, to play and never be tired and to see the stars with the best clarity

As an adult I want a full psychic suite of powers; telekinesis, mind control, mind reading, and memory wiping

Yep, he can basically run from here to the end of the universe and come back in the time you blink.

By the way, it took the whole existence of the universe to reach there, Flash did it in a blink of an eye.

Shapeshifting.

Telekinesis.

Or 7.123x10^51 meters/second

Actually, he did that in a space of time smaller than a plank-instant. For those of you who don't know a plank instant is the time it takes a photon in a vacuum to cross a plank-length.

Never understood why Flash doesn't fly, at that speed he should leave behind any notion of mass

and this, ladies and gentlemen, is mother fucking the Flash being a background character for the most part

It is, it's Earth-33.
It's also Earth 1218 of the Marvel Multiverse.

Sure, mass isn't an issue, but he has no real means to control his flight, and sustained lift would be an issue.

He could jump really far, though.

Flash and Jonzz are the biggest jobbers of DC.

Jonzz mental powers are the best in the whole DC universe, he still gets mind raped by little shits like Joker.

Then Flash is faster than anything, and still runs into swords, sticks and banana peels.

So next time Gohanfans or Yamchafans complain, remember Flash and Jonzz.

>Has no real means to control his flight
Dude, at that speed no force whatsoever can affect him, he's literally boundless and can go wherever and whenever he wants.

Shapeshifting

Teleportation

Still though, he needs some means of guiding his flight, otherwise he's just jumping for a really long time.

Mind control

Time manipulation

>Still though, he needs some means of guiding his flight
The same shit that allows him to make turns, Speed Force. Doesn't he control his speed vector? then he can fucking "fly"

The power to kill normies with the sheer autism of my hobbies.

Still want that.

Disintegration Bolts

The ability to anchor objects to the sun

Wanted to be a shapeshifter as long as I can remember. Started thinking I wanted it like animorphs, now I'd prefer being something Alex Mercer.

Temperature control - Like flight, pyromancy, and ice bullets rolled into one! And I can wear whatever the fuck I want any time!

Unlimited shapeshifting - NIGGA I CAN SHAPESHIFT MYSELF OTHER SUPERPOWERS

>then
Invisibility or shrinking so i could go full creep on girls

>now
Bottomless wallet

>Bottomless wallet
But how would you retrieve anything you put into it?

I was unaware that you could shapeshift time ans space