/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

>mage 2e announcement

theonyxpath.com/may-the-fourth-be-with-you-mage-the-awakening/

>Previous Thread:
>Pastebin
pastebin.com/mByuG93b

>question
Whats your favorite bloodline, clan, tribe,covenant, etc...

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/Onyx-path-publishing-mage-the-awakening-second-edition-pdf-Google-Docs
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/200/Mage-The-awakening-Second-Edition?it=1&ved=0ahUKEwi9hfu-m7rMAhUJ32MKHQ3AApYQFgghMAI&usg=AFQjCNEfnemPzjzFnoSJOrHOr9cbX91K3A&sig2=cyNGG6x4lq_mJ--WOcgEEg
quinnae.com/2011/09/02/im-being-so-sincere-right-now-gaming-as-hyperreality/
youtu.be/nvUotOuNxiU
pastebin.com/bWFBrB8T
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Whats your favorite bloodline, clan, tribe,covenant
Too many cool bloodlines to pick tbqh and some of my favorite ones are too gimmicky to play. Like the Nosferatu who just sits in his domain all day and mystically controls the facility.
>Clan
Depends what version
>Covenant
Invictus all day every day.

The Sabbat are refreshing
>Yeah were vampires so what?
But yeah the Sanctum are basically just the Serial Killer from Seven which makes them very hard to play especially in mixed groups who either have high humanity or just dont want to deal with this religious nutjobs bullshit.

How do the Orders find and recruit new mages? Is it as simple as a Fate/Space spell aimed at locating the freshly Awakened, or is everyone just stuck waiting until the newbies unleash some nasty Paradox.

BEAST BACKERS HAVE MAGE 2E NOW

LEAK WHEN

REEEEEEEEEEEE

cant decide between Gangrel and Mekhet which is the most excellent guys?

more than half awakenings occur under gotl supervision
a lot more are proximi
fate and oracle shit is left up to the seers

Gangrel hands down

I think everyone's problem with the Lance and Circle is that they immediately default to the most radical stereotypes. Not every Sanctified is a screeching unholy bishop calling for revelation and gutting all the fornicators in the streets, just the same as every Carthian isn't spending every waking moment firebombing places in an user mask. You can very easily play a Sanctified in a mixed group and simply keep your beliefs to yourself, either never acting on them or only doing so on your own time.

What elevates Gangrel to such excellence kind sir?

>But I don't like this because it implies that technology is bad. While also putting the Moon Landing as being the reason the Dreaming opened up again.
But the moon landing was thought to be impossible and it was a history making and almost magical event. Technology today is insane yes.
Like I can have a fucking computer in my hand that can let me instantaneously contact and talk with people all over the planet by sending information flying through the air. Thats fucking crazy right? But at a time thats how people looked at fire or the steam engine. After a while these magical inventions become mundane.

They are tougher, do more damage and can still just be as effective scouts and spies.

Nice thanks for the input guy!

Jeanette a cringey sexist cartoon character hyperslut. Therese is a ballbuster sexy librarian dominatrix. Their backstory is rape. And they're the same person, so wacky!
Everyone loves the Malkavians in that game, but they're the exact kind of fishmalk no one would want at their table. It doesn't help that she's portrayed as completely incompetent.
I *did* have the patch. And I hated the Tzimisce stuff. The house was fine, but the Warrens was a boring tedious slog that everyone said is where the game goes down hill. I pushed through it with my super sneaky character and avoided the fights and then I realized the game had so much further to fall and by the time I was dealing with the Brotherhood of Leopold I just cheated to give myself godmode. By the time it came to dungeon crawl through the Hollowbrook Hotel and LaCroix' tower, I was noclipping through the walls.

Lancae et Sanctum are Beasts, prove me wrong.

That's not what I said. I said that the Lance are all about doing things that would cause Humanity loss.

Gangrel are really fucking hard to kill and can easily become combat monsters. Mekhet are sneaky bastards who see everything.

It's a matter of whether you want to play the brawn or the brains, really.

They have more of a chance of flipping out and murdering the shit outta everything though right?

>Lancae et Sanctum are Beasts, prove me wrong.
They're not overpowered, don't have a horror, can't go out in the sun, nobody likes them except the God Machine

Beasts and L&s don't have to kill, though

According to someone on the OP forums, Playtesters for Mage2e are also getting an early download link

I vaguely remember there being a playtester or two in these threads; either of you wanna confirm/deny, possibly leak?

Not how frenzy works.

Why is it most of the people who talk about Vampire seem to have no idea how it works? How did you guys even know enough about the game to be so wrong?

>Jeanette a cringey sexist cartoon character hyperslut
A lot of rape victims act like this

>Therese is a ballbuster sexy librarian dominatrix
I never got this but ok.

>Their backstory is rape
I dont understand how thats automatically a bad thing.

>And they're the same person, so wacky!
Jeanette was an imaginary friend she used to cope with her fathers sexual abuse with Jeanette being the more warm and outgoing child and therese being the more reserved one. After their embrace these 2 personalities magnified to the point where Jeanette is a nymphomaniac and Therese developed OCD that disdained ANY physical contact with anyone and anything. Its a tragic and well written character I think.

>but they're the exact kind of fishmalk no one would want at their table.
The difference is that Troika are actually good writers and do silly dialogue very well.

>God Mode and No Clip
what a fucking casual.

>Reading book about Spirits
>Talks about a restaurant being haunted by a spirit of greed
>Eating till you throw up then eat more.
>Misuses the word Vomitorium
>mfw

I backed Beast for this very moment, I give you guys Mage the Second Edition.

google.com/Onyx-path-publishing-mage-the-awakening-second-edition-pdf-Google-Docs

DaveB I hope you can forgive me, I know how much you loved this game. But it must be shared

No, but the Carthian's beliefs are more reasonable than the Lance's. "This system is corrupt" is pretty understandable. "The gays should be stoned! The gamblers drawn and quartered! You are damned and must punish those as wicked as you once were!" is a bit of a turn off.

The Lance is my least favourite Covenant. The Carthians are my favourite, but the Crone a close second because even the worship of the Mother of Monsters doesn't have to be as antagonistic as the Lance's doctrine.

Error. Not found on server.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/200/Mage-The-awakening-Second-Edition?it=1&ved=0ahUKEwi9hfu-m7rMAhUJ32MKHQ3AApYQFgghMAI&usg=AFQjCNEfnemPzjzFnoSJOrHOr9cbX91K3A&sig2=cyNGG6x4lq_mJ--WOcgEEg

The Beast=Horror.
You're a monster who decides your monster-rebirth must serve the purpose of terrifying others and teaching them through fear.

That their backstory is rape is a bad thing because no, that's not how actual rape victims act, because no one in VtMB acts like an actual human being. I know what their backstory is. It's a cartoon character. I found her interesting, but never sympathetic, because that's a cheap stereotype of mental illness. Also, how did you not get the sexy dominatrix ballbuster vibe from Therese? She's characterized as the ridiculously hot teacher who wants to smack you with a ruler for thinking those naughty thoughts.

Mage: The Ascension, Second Edition

You've got to be kidding!

What I ment was more powerful endowment. Much like advanced striking looks.

Pretty much what I'm looking for are more powerful conspiracy only ability that requires you to have more dots in status and and some amout in the base endowments.

>because that's a cheap stereotype of mental illness

Person with a mental illness here. I have talked to enough psychiatrists, psychologist, psychotherapists, and god knows what else to safely say you're full of shit. Also

>She's characterized as the ridiculously hot teacher who wants to smack you with a ruler for thinking those naughty thoughts.

Are you serious?

I had a terrible thought the other day. What with Wraith 20 coming out eventually, I may run a Wraith game.

I'm kind of tempted to have the PCs come across Samuel Haight's ashtray and free him.

>because no, that's not how actual rape victims act
there are numerous cases of child abuse victims acting out sexually and in dire circumstances being child molesters themselves

>No one acts like a human being
Because they are not Human they are vampires

>Also, how did you not get the sexy dominatrix ballbuster vibe from Therese? She's characterized as the ridiculously hot teacher who wants to smack you with a ruler for thinking those naughty thoughts.
Hey man whatever your into I wont judge but I did not get that vibe from her at all.

Also What makes you more qualified to talk about mental illness more so then actual mental health doctors or people going through mental health issues?

From what I can remember of 1e, an Awakening is like a shockwave to Supernal Unseen Senses.

A Mage will then approach them (obsession, usually) and either introduce them to the wonders of the Pentacle, or the Seers, or kill them, or steal their soul.

Pentacle usually sends the new recuit to whichever Order would suit him best for training. Nobody wants them to become disillusioned and go Seer or Banisher.

I don't know what mental health professionals would tell you that the cartoon stereotype of Dissociative Identity Disorder that mental health professionals and sufferers have had to deal with for years is accurate.

>Because they are not Human they are vampires
I knew someone would use this excuse. It's a bad excuse.

My problem also isn't the hypersexuality. My problem is that the character exists first and foremost for sex appeal and that everything else is written around that. Every female character in the game is. Half of them barely wear clothing.
Even beyond whether or not the game has justifications or excuses for what it portrays, that's really just a Thermian Argument. The real world reasons--for everything in every fiction ever--are that the author chose for that to happen. And that's what's ultimately criticized here.

But, no, it's not a realistic portrayal of anything. How do I feel more qualified? Because I'm going to trust literally everything I've ever read on the subject over some rando on the internet going "oh I'm totally an expert".

Here's an article that more or less goes over the problems with VtMB (though only some of them)
quinnae.com/2011/09/02/im-being-so-sincere-right-now-gaming-as-hyperreality/

It's half of a good game, but that doesn't mean that it's not incredibly flawed.

>Guy becomes a vampire
>Goes around murdering people for petty bullshit
Relevant to the Lance discussion
youtu.be/nvUotOuNxiU

>google.com/Onyx-path-publishing-mage-the-awakening-second-edition-pdf-Google-Docs
Funny, yesterday you said the Beast was an animal, but I guess your understanding depends on how wrong you're trying to be.

Why do you have my fake mage link on their?

What?
The Beast is literally the same kind of gimmick as the Horror.
It's a supernatural demonic force that lives inside of your soul and makes you want to do shitty things. Being atavism turned up to 11 doesn't change that fact. Hell, all of the Hungers from Beast are things that... well, The Beast would want.

Also why the fuck did they make the Crossover game use the same terminology as other games aaaaaaaaa

Still error, not found on server.

Arent you the same person that defends how overly sexual vampires are as predatory entities?
And idk about you but the only 2 females I ever saw sexually was Jeanette because of her rampant flirting and VV because of her occupation.

And as for Jeanette yes at first shes arousing but when you find out the truth it is horrifying and disturbing.

Don't know shit about shit why I am asking boss.

Dude its fake.

>horrifying and disturbing
Speak for yourself

So, is one of Mage playtesters or a Beast backer going to share Mage 2e, or are we actually going to have to wait until Wednesday or later?

>implying anyone on Veeky Forums likes Beast enough to have backed it

>Are we going to have to wait until the book is out to get it?

Probably. The list of playtesters and Beast backers is a pretty short one, and it wouldn't be too hard to track down a leaker.

Be patient.

You're going to have to wait until later. I haven't claimed mine yet.

... it's not a real link, you idiot.

I never said Vampires were overly sexual. Although, really, yeah, they kind of are, which is why you get art of woman making come hither eyes stained with blood and manly men kneeling against one another in the shower, and punky goths lifting their legs along their Kisser's body as their necks are bitten into.

As for Bloodlines in particular, almost no female character other than Therese is reasonably dressed. Even the literal cannibal is written as if she wants to fuck you. As far as I can recall, there are no male bar patrons you can seduce. Bloodlines is a really problematic game. And I don't just mean from an SJW standpoint, I mean that it's filled with really childish stereotyped writing. Sexuality is everywhere, with streetwalkers on every corner, all of them dressed more whorishly than the most brazen real world prostitute. Almost every character is cartoonish. A lot of the dialogue is honestly bad.

And that's not even touching on the gameplay or the fact that the second half is rushed and the ending makes no sense.

It would be hard to track them down because there's no watermarkings.

>Even the literal cannibal is written as if she wants to fuck you.
What? When?

>Sexuality is everywhere, with streetwalkers on every corner,
They serve an actual gameplay mechanic to refill your blood. And The World Of Darkness is supposed to be a darker representation of the real world.
>Almost every character is Cartoonish
LaCroix,Garry,Isaac,Jack,Bertrum,Ming Xiao and almost every other main character you interact with are written well. The only cartoony characters are the comedy side characters like Tseng from Chinatown

>And that's not even touching on the gameplay
I really like the gameplay

>the fact that the second half is rushed
To an extent but that did not hamper my enjoyment.

>the ending makes no sense
It was pretty fucking clear to me.

>Whats your favorite bloodline, clan, tribe,covenant, etc...

Ventrue Invictus with Ordo powers for vampires. Predator Kings for wolf. Obrimos for Mage.

I'm not really familiar with the other lines. I did like the Anakim from Beast, though.

>. As far as I can recall, there are no male bar patrons you can seduce.
Literally the first character you can seduce in Bloodlines is a rich man on the corner who's gay on the sly.

I always thought Jeanette was her dead sister.

>They serve an actual gameplay mechanic to refill your blood. And The World Of Darkness is supposed to be a darker representation of the real world.
"Darker" doesn't mean "sling bikinis and super crop tops are acceptable to walk around in". Also if you need to use prostitutes to get blood you're shit.

All of the characters you listed are basically cheap stereotypes. Jack and Isaac are about the exception.
I also have no idea how anyone could like that gameplay. The second half straight up says "fuck your character, hope you made a combat monster" and turns a story driven game into a fucking dungeon crawler.

>It was pretty fucking clear to me.
Okay. Explain it to me.
Why did Jack rig the thing with explosives?
Why do Jack and Caine/a Generation 4 Malkavian care about a shitty out of the way hellhole of a Camarilla city?
Why did Jack murder a shitton of people despite the fact that he commonly tells you not to go around doing that?
Why did Jack/Caine go through all the trouble with the Elizabeth Dane?
And about a million other plotholes.

Oh, right. I do remember him. Also he hit Heather with his car.

That would actually explain the portrait. Although their backstory and the portrait don't really fit together in the first place. How they describe their childhood isn't a dour gothic thing.

Its confusing at first but it makes the most sense that it was her imaginary thread or another personality.

> "sling bikinis and super crop tops are acceptable to walk around in".
Do you live in LA, I Do.
I once served a woman that only had a tissue paper thin streat walker dress.
Bikinis and crop top are very excitable in LA.

>Why did Jack rig the thing with explosives?
To kill whatever power-hungry asshole would try to open it.

>Why do Jack and Caine/a Generation 4 Malkavian care about a shitty out of the way hellhole of a Camarilla city?

It's not like the game covers a very long period of time, in-universe. They're only there for a few months at the most. If they're wanderers and met up, well, that happens.

>Why did Jack murder a shitton of people despite the fact that he commonly tells you not to go around doing that?

Because Jack's an elder Brujah that clearly thrives in violent situations, regardless of what he tells a neonate the "proper" attitude is when at his best.

It's just hypocrisy. It's a typical vampire trait.

>Why did Jack/Caine go through all the trouble with the Elizabeth Dane?
What trouble?

>Also if you need to use prostitutes to get blood you're shit.
>Not having high enough Seduction to not have to pay them
Its like you dont even play Toreador. Besides I hardly used them but they are there for a gameplay purpose.

>All of the characters you listed are basically cheap stereotypes
How?

>. The second half straight up says "fuck your character, hope you made a combat monster" and turns a story driven game into a fucking dungeon crawler.
Did you also forget Nines straight up saying you cant use diplomacy all the time and you should learn how to fight? I never had a problem I either stealthed most of the way or fucked shit up with celerity and presence.

>Why did Jack rig the thing with explosives?
Because he knew that the Sarcophagus would lure either the Sabbat or the Camarilla and wanted to kill them

>Why do Jack and Caine/a Generation 4 Malkavian care about a shitty out of the way hellhole of a Camarilla city?
Because Jack fights the Camarilla and REALLY hates Ventrue so naturally he wants to kill LaCroix. Caine is a mystery I admit. He seems to be more of an Easter Egg then a plot point which is fine to me.

>Why did Jack murder a shitton of people despite the fact that he commonly tells you not to go around doing that?
He never says to not kill people just you should not get caught. Jack himself says that he does not care much for humans only that he doesnt go on rampages through the streets because he will get caught and theres no point to it.

>Why did Jack/Caine go through all the trouble with the Elizabeth Dane?
You mean by making it look like it was opened on the inside? To fool LaCroix into thinking there really was an antediluvian in there.

For the big three:

>Clan
Nosferatu

Bloodline
>En

>Covenant
Ordo Dracul

>Auspice
Rahu

>Tribe
Storm Lords

>Lodge
Lodge of the Fury Choir

>Path
Mastigos

>Legacy
Clavicularius

>Order
Free Council

This is what happens when you only watch actual plays or read shitty reviews and don't actually play the damn game.

You didn't learn anything from only reading shitty reviews of rpgs and not knowing anything about them?

Who are you talking to sorry?

You seem to have accidentally stirred up the embers of a spergfest from last thread. There was much arguing about frenzies and the beast.

Starting a Mage: the Ascension game and I need ideas on how all the PC's can know each other (up to the players of course, but ideas help). Its in Chicago, modern day, might start at a wedding. Here's what I've got:

>Pragmatic, manipulative Sister of Hippolyta, "High Priestess of PR"

>White-boy urban shaman Dreamspeaker, likes air spirits

>Jedi-peacekeeper Orphan (believes in the Force, also uses Forces), raised in a Jedi monastery

>Ex-Progenitor genengineer, doesn't seem to realize you don't just "walk away" from the Technocracy

I've been thinking maybe they help the ex-Progenitor get away from the Technocracy as the first arc. Like the Technocracy gets tired of trying to bring him back into the fold, so they sic the Center for Disease Control after him. Thoughts?

Don't worry, I gotcha covered: pastebin.com/bWFBrB8T

Does anyone know if the Mage orders still use the Alea Draconis names, and whatnot?

Why would Jack care about a tiny out of the way little Camarilla city that he would cause so much trouble? It's like doing 9/11 in Guam because you hate the USA.

On top of that, he murders a ton of people in an attention grabbing, eye catching way. Even the Anarchs would be against that kind of Masquerade breaching bullshit. The ending turns Jack from a great guy with no allegiances and a decent head on his shoulders to a fucking nutcase idiot who blows shit up for no reason. If his plan was to set a trap just to see who'd scrabble for it, it's a meaningless and incompetent trap that serves no purpose and turns the mythic story the game was building to into a weak dribble of a ruined orgasm.

The second half of the game also focuses almost entirely on VtMB's worst gameplay mechanic because it was the easiest to design for in crunch.

Shut up, Suzuka.

>Why would Jack care about a tiny out of the way little Camarilla city that he would cause so much trouble?
Because that's what Jack does. He doesn't put in a ton of effort or time; none of what he does is particularly difficult. He kills some people, spreads a story, and drops some explosives, then sits back for entertainment.

>On top of that, he murders a ton of people in an attention grabbing, eye catching way. Even the Anarchs would be against that kind of Masquerade breaching bullshit.

I never got the impression Jack cared what the Anarchs would be against.

>Why would Jack care about a tiny out of the way little Camarilla city that he would cause so much trouble?
Because he REALLLY fucking hates Ventrue. Like you dont understand how badlyt he hates LaCroix. It also doesnt help that LA has been Anarch territory for a while and now the fucking Cammies think they can just roll in? Nah fuck that shit. Its war man.

>The ending turns Jack from a great guy with no allegiances and a decent head on his shoulders to a fucking nutcase idiot who blows shit up for no reason
He blew up a Camarilla stronghold. In fact when you storm the building you fight your way through an army of Ventrue to get to LaCroix. And if there were humans in there like Jack says sometimes they get caught in the cross fire. Sink or Swim. Jack used to be a pirate and he has never shied away from murder. Now hes a vampire he doesnt even think of them as Human. Hell he compares them to cows at the start of the game.

Fuck oWoD

>Nosferatu
>Ordo Dracul
muhnigga.jpg

Jack also does Mass Embraces all the time just to inconvenience the Camarilla and wasting their time to clean up his mess. Jack is not and was never meant to be a good guy. He fools you in the beginning by acting friendly but really hes using you just like how everyone else in the game uses you.
Vampire has always been about back stabbing politics.

Also fuck Bloodlines, it was a piece of shit "game" and I'm glad Troika closed down

Yeah that works. Having the CDC crash a wedding might be fun.

The entire plan clearly has a ton of effort put into it. It's just a stupid, pointless plan.

It's not about Jack murdering humans, it's the how and why in this ending. Again, he goes to so much trouble to cause chaos in a place that means nothing.

Is this a thing from metaplot or something? Because that makes things even worse.

>being this mad

>talking shit about the studio that made Arcanum

You asking for a boppin'?

>liking vampire shit
>liking masquerade shit at that

If they were so good why did they go bankrupt? Oh right! Because they were shit

Oh snap, that'd be dramatic! Part of me wants to do just a nice, wholesome-ish wedding, but the CDC crashing the joint would be hilarious. Thanks!

>he goes to so much trouble to cause chaos in a place that means nothing.
Because it was fun to fuck with LaCroix and the Camarilla

>Is this a thing from metaplot or something?
Yes

>Because that makes things even worse.
How so? That this vampire pirate might not be that good of a person?

>The entire plan clearly has a ton of effort put into it. It's just a stupid, pointless plan.
No, it really doesn't. There's a story of an ancient sarcophagus. Jack nabs it first, kills some mortals who stand no chance against him, and replaces the mummy with explosives.

That's all of it. That's all Jack did that could be called work, and it took no time at all. Everything else is the REST of the city working against each other.

>If they were so good why did they go bankrupt?

This just in, Palladium has the best RPG system ever, since they're the oldest living RPG company.

lol he's mad because an elder lied to him.

That's not at all how the industry works.

>Because it was fun to fuck with LaCroix and the Camarilla
That's not a very good reason. And no, because this pirate vampire might be at all anything resembling a rational actor.

Dude, it's a giant fucking masquerade breach that had mortals watching. There was also no point when he could have put explosives in it, unless you're telling me that the cops watching the boat missed that when checking the scene.

>Dude, it's a giant fucking masquerade breach that had mortals watching. There was also no point when he could have put explosives in it, unless you're telling me that the cops watching the boat missed that when checking the scene.
There were many times he could have put explosives in, because he's a vampire being assisted by either Caine (who can therefore do anything) or an elder Malkavian (who can therefore still do quite a lot), and vampires have magic powers.

>That's not a very good reason.
If you are an anarch that just lives to fuck with The Camarilla then yeah its a good reason.

>people defending Bloodlines "writing"

lol

What's the point of hanging around in a thread talking about things you don't like? Do you just don't know what to do now that all the quest threads have their own board?

>Pirate
>Vampire
>Expecting it to be rational
Well theres your problem.

It's not like the only thing the thread ever talks about is Bloodlines. There's plenty else to like.

Honestly, I don't actually hate it. A friend who vehemently defends it put it best. The game is schlocky and it knows it. Most of the people in this thread don't seem to realize that.
The ending was also rushed out the door, because of the publisher throwing them under the bus. It's a game that could have been good. Most of the things that people remember about it are the good parts. Santa Monica. The Ocean House. Andrei. Deb of Night.
They don't remember the shitty dungeon crawling level design or the silly writing or the cartoonishness of the game. It makes a lot of the Masquerade stuff palatable, but it's still very much an old school throwback to the cringey things of the original game.

Seriously, besides from getting the explosives he could do that in a couple of hours and the explosives were probably just a phone call away for a guy like him.

When did he put the explosives in the specially sealed coffin that needed a specific key to open?

>rational actor
This is where you fucked up. People in general often aren't rational actors. Hating the Venture and Camarilla is enough of a reason to do it if you're willing to get blood on your hands.

I'm sorry that I just want a story with well written characters for people who do things for reasons other than "lol"

She annoyed me because she is far too crappy at her particular con game for me to buy it. "Oh, woe is me, too gentle to do any of the terrible things I clearly would have no issues doing, if I weren't simply playing the whore-Prince of my scummy little clique."

She is playing you the entire time you interact in Bloodlines, and she may not even live to see the Time of Judgement if that's the best she can do.

At any point before you open it. It's been awhile since I played, but I think at some point if you talk to him he indicates opening it would be a bad idea- so he likely did it before that.

You were already given reasons other than "lol". Your refusal to accept them is on you.

There are reasons given that are consistent with the characters.
Think of it like this.
There is a war between Country A and Country B
Country A wants something really bad so country B decides to use that against them as a trap. in essence that was jacks plan and it worked great.

No doubt she was using me just like everyone else does. That doesnt mean I did not agree with her goals. Yeah get that script to help the Masquerade. Yes kill that Hunter because they were probably going to kill more vampires.

I never felt she was playing me. I felt that she was really needy and just defaulted to poetic bullshit because she's a Toreador. Also, how was she playing the whore-Prince of a scummy little clique? She was basically Isaac's replacement goldfish because Ash was pissed at him.

After the Elizabeth Dane (where it's open) it's closed and taken to the museum. It can't be opened without the key. It was stolen from the Museum and kept in Giovanni hands, and somewhere along the way, Ming Xiao got the key. At no point did Jack have the opportunity to put explosives in the Ankaran Sarcophagus.
The reason I was given amounts to "lol".

Except that the Camarilla at large doesn't give one flying fuck about LA.

>It can't be opened without the key.
Correction: you can't open it without the key. It's a sarcophagus. It can absolutely be opened in many ways, including brute strength. It's also entirely possible Ming Xiao got the key through Jack or his contacts.

Seriously, dude, it's just a box. It is not beyond the ability of a powerful vampire to open a box. It isn't even a magical box.

And no, the reasons you got were not "lol".

I was playing a Nos on my first run so my reaction was "You're not fooling anyone. Just tell me where to find the damn Hunter."

>Except that the Camarilla at large doesn't give one flying fuck about LA.
The Anarchs cared about LA. The game clearly explains that the Camarilla are the new kids on the block and the Anarchs want their turf back.
Its like Germany taking over France. To the germans its just one step closer to their goal of world domination. But to the french? It was a big fucking deal.