I put cute things in my games and my players love them

I put cute things in my games and my players love them.

They have a baby displacer beast that follows them around, a young bard who writes really stupid songs about the party because she's upset that they won't let her join them, and they put most of their gold into helping out a special orphanage for children with either magical talent or are not one of the common races.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C80qgl0T4zE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma-ray_burst
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Live in the same time as worst Love Live.
Just do it God, you have the damn cosmic gun just pull the fucking trigger.

Corollary: you live in the same time as best Love Live.

I like you, OP.

I want to have a bard who has a ghost follow him around. She owned the lute he owns now, and they team up to do duets together.

That sounds adorable.
I suppose I'll mention my game has a suit of armor haunted by the girl that used to wear it. She's now the paladin's squire.

Cute thread?

You mean the least bad Love Live.

>baby displacer beast
Holy shit nigga, that's cute.

I gave those motherfuckers a puppy once.

They.
Fucking.
Ate.
It.

Sorry your players are trash.

Try it again when not playing with koreans.

Is that a guy or girl?

Either way, pic related.

lel, have a happy kink.

This is obviously a girl, note the subtle roundness of the bosom, though it is obfuscated by the braid covering her cleavage.

Given the taiji hair colour, probably both.

I'm afraid if I start revealing how much I like cute things and not just edgy as fuck metal shit, my friends will find out I watch anime and shame me. That why all my campaigns are about killing demons

The next time someone in your party needs to remain quiet, silent, hidden, two or more, or all three of those for some reason throw this at them.

Is ok. They already know, and are just waiting for you to show your hand.

Th-that's not true
I wanted to put a fairy in one game to help them find their way through a magic forest and find the basilisk inside, but I choked and just gave them a magic compass

Just do it you spineless pussy.

Best doesn't mean that it's good.

Trust me, we know. And you're not really making it easier on yourself.

>Players are managing a hive of giant ant-like insects
>Want to try and make their hive sapient
>After a long struggle with nature and two-legged predators they finally breed a new caste of bugs that are sapient
>The bugs have the intelligence of children but slowly begin to learn
>One of their friends gets squished to death and they first learn to comprehend death when they can't wake him up
>Mortality drives them to want to learn more to avoid dying and they begin learning and copying two-legged predators more and more quickly

>Players then decide to feed the entire caste to the hive Queen thinking that she can absorb their knowledge and create an even smarter caste
>All she does is get an upset stomach
>Only one of the sapient bugs manages to escape the hive and then flees to the world of two-leggers seeking to find its place in the world while the player hive later starts an accidental apocalypse

All of that despite the players constantly cooing over how adorable they thought the sapient caste was. Some players can't handle cuteness. You know who you are.

A better one is
>'If you feel sad just remember that every single atom in you was forged in the heart of a dying star.'

Nope, that just makes me sad about dying stars.

I did that once.
The fuckers shoved her in an iron cage and took her with them.

After they left the forest and made it to town they got ambushed by a giant mushroom walking about.
And then another.
And another and another.
Like clockwork, another mushroom man every hour and six minutes would fight them.

They left the town and took a different road and ended up in the forest they left the day before.
They backtracked and ended up on the same road as yesterday.
With another Mushroom Man.

It wasn't untill I outright said the fairy laughing her little pixie buttocks off did they finally connect the dots and let her go.

She cursed them all to have warts and left in a huff.
There was one more Mushroom Man after that before they stopped also.

Sounds like you got a bad case of faggots, my man

After various shenanigans, the party ended up killing the matron of a noble family (She was a banshee; it's a long story). The halfling maid, who had futilely tried to stop the orc from entering earlier by harmelssly banging her fists on his thighs, ended up tagging along with the party to act as a page.

Originally, she was just supposed to be an easy way of hand-waving all the prep time and stuff the players didn't care about (Like struggling to saddle horses when you're three feet tall), and possibly be an errand runner. However, after inquiring about her backstory (She originally wanted to be a warlock, but couldn't bring herself to sacrifice a bunny to please her chosen patron) and just generally interacting with her, she's pretty much won the party over completely. Especially the antisocial Kobold, who uses her as a lab assistant.

I swear, those crazy bastards would choose her over the kingdom they're trying to save.

>Nope, that just makes me sad about dying stars.
Star don't truly die user; They are like the Phoenix, burning out only to rise again from the ashes.

Fuck off NiceDaemonette

This scene made me kind of interested in Love Live.

I think I'd be tempted to do the same

Black fucking Holes would like a word with you.

What scene?

But I want to dithcuth lethbians!

No. Bad ND. No detailing threads with uboats.
Go make a magical realm thread, I have some wordbuilding I need help with ideas to fill out.

*derailing

youtube.com/watch?v=C80qgl0T4zE

Thanks

he didnt take it home he left it in the streets

>If you feel sad, remember that the world is 4.5 billion years old and you just happen to exist at the same time as one of the countless fictional creatures specifically created to exploit your feelings and stop you from reaching for the stars while you indulge in fictional romantic feelings

I don't understand, how is this a good thing?

Is that the galaxy-eating fireball?

Never mess with shrooms

Everybody loves to bully the cute characters I make

I once played Double Cross with a group and rolled a character that thought he was an angel/crusader from the Middle Ages. He was chivalrous (without being "m'lady") and generally stuck up for others. Once he saved a kid from a group of bullies that were under the influence of a virus, and since then started watching out for the boy. From what I remember, he even made the kid his side-kick and telling him that he didn't have to be big and strong to be a hero, and instead he could help out in his own ways. That, and there was a story related NPC that he liked to go to cafes with and drink tea together. He'd accept any missions she had for him, and she'd usually be upbeat and encouraging.

Now I'm playing a game of Dark Heresy, and the Krieger I'm playing is the one with the most amount of combat experience under his belt and is the vet of the warband. He's the designated medic/fire support, and usually leads rookie groups of Acolytes to keep them patched up/all in one piece. At this point all he wants to do is finish out his contract with the Inquisitor, buy a patch of land on some peaceful planet, and find a young wife for himself to see what raising a family is like.

cute sucks.

If you feel sad, remember that the world is 4.5 billion years old, remember that because you are able to comprehend this post, you just happen to exist as the same time as written language, which has only existed for about 5000 years. In other words, only 0.0001% of the age of the Earth.

If you feel sad, I'm sorry man

>I swear, those crazy bastards would choose her over the kingdom they're trying to save.
And that means you did a great job crafting an NPC, user.

I've tried to do the same, but they always end up more whiney than cute.

I had a friendly fairy offer to guide my players through a forest once but unbeknownst to me that was around the time Bravely Default had just come out so nobody wanted to trust a fairy anymore.

I've got 99 problems but my cat ate one

What a coincidence, I like to bully the cute characters other people make!

I sincerely hope you played 'The Stroke.'

Our group is so faggots we had a christmas gift-giving thing in character for one another, and I gave another PC a really fancy kitten.

That kitten, now slightly more matured into a cat, has become the best NPC.

Man, I wish my group was as faggots as yours; that sounds hella comfy.

I want to include fun things in my games, but I worry if I include too many cute and comedic things, more serious or not as cute things won't be taken as seriously.

Take Shadowrun for instance - I would love to have some silly sort of restaurant in there for the PCs to visit a Mr. Johnson in, only to find out the Mr. Johnson is so very naive an inexperienced she made them come to the place she worked, and actually is their waitress. But could you take a more serious run seriously after those sorts of shenanigans?

I can't describe monstrous enemies without one of my players thinking they're cute.
>"You arrive at the end of the corridor -- and immediately come face-to-eyeballs with a giant spider! Roll initiative!"
>"Wait, so it's on the wall, peeking through the door?"
>"That's right."
>"Aaww."
it's a giant fucking spider goddammit it's not supposed to be cute

I mean, I guess that could work. I read about a time when a runner was hired by a ork frat boy who called himself "Mr. Jackson" (because he forgot the name people actually used) to beat up a nerd for bringing up the bell curve in his class. So long as you make the funny/cute parts the exception rather than the norm, the players should be able to maintain an appropriate degree of seriousness.

I'd say so

That Mr Johnson is very different from the one which will shoot you in the head for asking too many questions.

There's nothing wrong with the occasional bit of comic relief; my Shadowrunners had to meet a contact in a weeb club called Genki Genki Desu. I spent a good 20 minutes blasting the most hyper and annoying anime soundtracks I could on some speakers while they chatted to him. Similarly my current WoD group get jobs from an angry Scotsman called Irish who runs the Four Leaf Cover Bar and Restaurant.

They're still gonna get murdered by a vampire, shitty scottish accent or not.

But it's so cute when they get flustered!

If you feel anything at all, remember that the universe has neither justice nor malice towards you, and that the unthinking, unfeeling cosmos will erase you with the inevitable passage of time - and that this is actually better than you living forever, since eternity actually kind of sucks, so everything evens out really.

Perm, play a claymore campaign

My general format in WHFRP is serious-serious-lighthearted. If you vary the tone a bit from quest to quest it seems more natural.

>eternity actually kind of sucks
Have you been around for eternity?

How do you make that work in WFB? It's lighter than 40k, but it's still pretty grimdark.

I think its a pulsar - a star everyone thinks is dangerous but forgets is spinning really fast, ruining any chances of the giant beams wiping out life on any planet.

I could be wrong though. I have a "Discovery Channel" level of space knowledge.

No and I hope to never do so.

Watching everything you love turn to dust would suck.

Yeah, but if you cut the heads off all the other immortals, you get something pretty sweet, I hear.

Easy. Yes, sometimes beastmen boil out of the woods and burn down a village, and sometimes an evil cult is kidnapping children to sacrifice to Slaanesh, and sometimes orcs show up and eat everyone, but most of the time people just live, work, fuck, and pursue their petty interests as they always have. If the PCs have a reputation as fixers, it stands to reason that they'll occasionally get asked to fix a problem that is, by their standards, somewhat comical.

I feel like moments of levity like this are NECESSARY in Warhammer to make the cults and beastmen and evil vampires feeling punchy and relevantly evil.

>implying i wouldn't enjoy being an immortal man, frozen and drifting through space until the sun swallows me whole.

Hey Kars. How're you getting internet out there?

He's got a point though, at the end of immortality, if you haven't found a way off this planet, then you're doomed to explode with it when a random meteor strikes.

TwoDee shadowrun story time was great.

My GM made Dervish canon in our games.

He killed the lovable DMPC.

Theoretically, if you had the time and foresight, you could accrue enough capital to have a deep space "probe" launched which would really just be the propulsion and navigation units with everything else stripped to make room for you. Of course, unless you find intelligent life on the first try you're just back where you started without amusing humans to watch.

I don't know what to think about it but the cute NPCs are almost the only ones guaranteed to survive the players onslaught in my games.

Must have taken a few tries to pick it up and put it on her lap like that.

I want one.

That's both adorable and incredibly professional.

tell that to kars & angelo

No problem.

>Must have taken a few tries to pick it up and put it on her lap like that.

No it just teleports on to your head continuously until you hold out your hands you it can go there and rest

Yo, Angelo!

I'm going to have my players eventually travel through a good-aligned plain. So as a break from killing bandits and monsters, they'll be helping fairies solve ridiculous dilemmas.
>I wanted to count five things today, but my son sneezed four times!
>Well, tell him to sneeze again.
>YOU MONSTER

So, life on good-aligned plains is basically Animal Crossing?

So, how wide is this good-aligned plain? Is the abundant pastureland put to good use? Does it offer homesteading, and are there any good-aligned Plains Indians hunting celestial bison?

In my Night Shift games I had two NPCs that showed up every session: A plucky ghost girl former attendant that hung around the gas station and the bitter jaded night manager that yelled at the PCs all the time. They were each other's only real friends because they'd been at the station the longest and they always spent most of the night shift hanging out shooting the shit in the manager's office. She'd always play peacekeeper between the PCs and the manager when they argued and she'd always talk him into helping the PCs fight whatever monster threatened the station even if he'd pretty much given up on the idea of anyone but him surviving the night shift.

I know the reference was already made but I need to feel included.

Have a better, happier kink.

Oh Mai fucking Gah
I normally prefer to watch things dubs but holy shit that is terrible.

>english dub

>I'll make your heart come

Finally a reason to post this.

You did good, user. That's a very relevant reaction image.

Credit given, she tried. She has done good work outside of that, though it wasn't as "the cute one," but at least she tried.

There were talks of loli johnsons in a srg thread some time ago. It included things like sabotaging the birthday party of a rival loli, stealing a unicorn for her to ride and hacking into a private school network and figure out thr answers for an upcoming test. It was maximum adorable and not even that far fetched in a world where CEOs own the world.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma-ray_burst

>Eternity must suck!
This is the most overdone meme in storytelling. Can we get a (originally human) immortal that is not emo about immortality for once? Maybe it'll make me pick up fantasyshit.

Honestly as my only exposure to the series, I prefer the dub for some reason. Maybe it's because you don't really hear something like that in English a lot whereas in Japanese you do. I will say the transition afterword is pretty good in Japanese.