I'm trying to write something related to dragons and I am completely stuck

I'm trying to write something related to dragons and I am completely stuck.

Can we get a dragon thread for inspiration?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cBkWhkAZ9ds
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A giant dragon once hunted by giantshas returned, but there are no giants to fight it. How will our heroes find a way to defeat a 300 foot long steel plated monster before its young hatch?

Plot twist: the dragon is struck down in a terrible accident and the players are left with a clutch of pathetic mewling dragon pups. How will our heroes find a way to raise these adorably helpless steel plated monsters and save the kingdom from the prophesied return of the giants?

That's not even that difficult unless dragons are genetically evil.

But they'll have to deal with touching slice of life social interaction and the kind of rewarding lessons you can only learn about yourself through kindness and helping others. Trust me, user, it'll be really difficult.

Or maybe just say fuck the kindness and turn the whole thing into jousting giants in the face on dragonback.

I mean, if you're a good parent to kids, you can probably apply most of that shit to dragons, right?

Are dragons the only apex predator?
Fuck that man.
Introduce Phoenixes! Give some Sergios to the dragons rathalos if you catch my drift.
Im talkin Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Elder Phoenix Lugia up in here, nigga.

Are the two species on mutual terms, ar war, or does it depend on the types of breed?

I say this because I hate dragons being cocky asses about being number uno in existance

In the story I'm writing dragons are subjugated and ruled over by highly magical elves. So it's quite the opposite.

Awww shit. Some high elves hatch some dragon younglings after sone draco genocide?
If dragonborns are in your game, and you play them as being part dragon and not big lizardfolk, how do they react?

Tell us more, and maybe we'll be able to help you out of your stuck?

The thing I'm writing actually isn't for a game currently.

This thread is still technically Veeky Forums because I'm stuck on something involving dragons in my fucking campaign too. Two things, really. One is the book of ancient dragon poetry they acquired, which I now have to write (I was almost positive they wouldn't be able to acquire it, but then they did). The other is deciding how Tiamat reacts to her brother possibly acquiring an artifact that would allow him to murder her. Long, long story.

Dragons are the bane of my fucking existence right now.

Robotic abominations are fun.

This image is highly questionable.

The answer is yes.

>ancient dragon poetry they acquired, which I now have to write (I was almost positive they wouldn't be able to acquire it, but then they did).
Meh. Just say they need to read it in Draconic or whatever. Blah blah most beautiful blah blah, but doesn't make sense in english so...yeah....

>The other is deciding how Tiamat reacts to her brother possibly acquiring an artifact that would allow him to murder her.
She would wait for him to tip his hand then smack him.

Should I dump pics of specific kind of dragons or any winged lizard?

Fairy dragons from HoMM

Am I the only one here?

No
Post cute dragons

>One is the book of ancient dragon poetry they acquired
"The book contains stanzas upon stanzas of Draconic script, indecipherable to your untrained eyes." Bam. Problem solved.

>The other is deciding how Tiamat reacts to her brother possibly acquiring an artifact that would allow him to murder her.
Cold, calculating silence, intended to project ignorance to draw his scheme out, all while preparing countermeasures against the artifact.

>tfw dragon poetry all turns out to be elaborate dick jokes
>they think it's the height of humor
>disagreeing with them involves being eaten

I'm putting off writing a coverletter, sure.

>villager asks the party for help with dragon problem
>turns out he has a family of these living in his shed

Sounds like a fire-hazard. Time to go read them fire safety codes until they agree to move.

D'awww its wearing an itty bitty stethoscope!

>dragonic poetry is just variations of RAA RAWR ROAR RAW
>they complain when the younger races fail to appreciate the classics

All dragons look stupid from a front face perspective. They only look cool from a side perspective.

Just thought I'd point that out.

>tfw never have a young dragon mascot for the party

>"...So, am I going to end up like that?"
>"What? Them? Come on, honey, it's just the decor! They aren't even real, honest!"

Why are those nudists hassling that dragon and her pet?

not sure if dragon or not

>that amphibian dragon

I want one.

>that phoenix asleep on the table

Pffffft.

That's why caffeine is an essential part of any game preparations.

>DRAGGA STOLE MY BIKE

Off to play moba trash with a m80; was about done with my 'small' folder anyway

Thanks user

youtube.com/watch?v=cBkWhkAZ9ds

>that is the noise this dragon makes

Last dragon I got

Kingdom is ruled by dragons.

Twist: they're way better than human nobles.