When you play female characters do you make them stunningly beautiful, just average, or ugly as sin?

When you play female characters do you make them stunningly beautiful, just average, or ugly as sin?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_cuckoo#Chicks
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depends on the character.

Stunningly beautiful and secretly male.

Enough to make a good impression when needed, not enough to draw undue attention when not needed.

/thread

Depends on the character, just like with my male characters.

I once played a female bard who was below average in looks, but with a high charisma. Like a female Steve Buscemi.

You know that weird thing in some anime where a girl is described as "average", but she's just as cute or even cuter than the other female characters?

That.

i make them the sort of girl i would like to have as gf

>she's attracted to quiet guys and hates chads
>mfw this is more unrealistic than elves or goblins

Depends on the character. If everyone's beautiful, then nobody's beautiful, really.

So you play elves?

Normally above average but not stunning

I try holding with both hands.

What kind of retarded question is that?
When you play male characters, do you make them muscular or skinny or fat?
All three, faggot, depends on the character.

Yes.

I play superheroes and Exalted, big gazongaz is the DEFAULT and only sometimes do my characters lack them. Yes, you guessed right, that's when they are traps.

This is Veeky Forums, some people here think that everyone has to be supermodels.

i tend to vary it up, and I don't typically tie it too strongly with the character's Charisma, either. On the one hand I have a cha-based illusionist chick with huge tits, but on the other hand I've got a feint-happy rogue whose looks are very modest, and an oracle (also cha-based) who is as plain as the desert she hails from (aside from her clothing which is quite impressive and colorful).

Depends on the character is the right answer.
Besides, she might only be stunningly beautiful to me and a handful of others. I love women who can pass as cute guys with litlle effort but most men don't. What category does that fall under?

>Not having big tits and being a trap
Takeo-chan Bukkairoku

This is a good point, different people have different tastes, as what's attractive depends a lot on culture. Describe (roughly and without going on and on about unnecessary details) what the character looks like, instead of just saying "she's totally hot". Focus on a few striking features, instead of going into measurements and stuff like that. Let the players imagine for themselves a bit.

the only female characters I've ever played or wanted to play have been nonhuman, but I guess a 6/10 by their race's standards of beauty (at least physically, the dragonborn had the personality of a raging bulldyke, not sure how that goes over with the dragon dudes). one was an eladrin, so I guess that would be stunnigly beautiful by human standards?

I generally play them average, or even a bit unattractive. It makes a good contrast to the guys who insist on playing sexy supermodels who are blatantly fetish-bait, and makes people think I'm a better roleplayer than I actually am through comparison.

I tend to make them old. Not "cougar" old, but like old old.

>implying that makes them automatically unattractive

Most of the time, I don't even think about it. I know that the other players will have a completely different mental image of them to my own, so I rarely nail down anything specific unless its supposed to be noticed.

I have been imagining them with pixie-ish faces a lot lately, though. Hmm.

though it makes you sound like a wanker if you ever say that out loud

I tend to try and go for average, even with characters with high charisma.

Anime is weird. I sound crazy every time I say this, but I feel like anime characters only look anime to us, the viewers. In the universe, they see each other as normal people, and they don't look as uniformly good looking as a result.

Impossibly attractive. Because I can.

If I had the time, I'd make one of those funny reaction images where VIRTUES is just below a picture of her tits.

I played a fem necromancer that was a 7/10
And a gypsy elf that was closer to 9/10

I usually roll for gender. So it really depends on what I rolled for stats and what I am playing.

>came for the trap
>stayed for the feels

Thanks for the recommendation.

>playing a gender other than your own

I play monster races, so only monstergirl-fags and desperate find my chars attractive.

>playing anything that isn't a perfect self-insert
>implying ca/tg/irls don't exist

Currently playing a Hamadryad Paladin. Didn't have a choice...until she became a werebear. Now I mostly run in werebear mode.

She looks kinda like Ky Kiske

Can I haz storytime about werebear thing?

>Giant breasts.

I prefer flat women.

Pervert

Cow-fucker

I played a reverse trap Lawful Neutral Fighter before. She was a solid 5/10 (to everyone except me) Beat up, scarred, short hair, muscular, but otherwise was clearly a woman under her armor. Perfect in every way.

Depends on the character. If she's vain and has the ability to (spellcaster, Hat of Disguise or something similar) she'll make herself pretty, obviously. Otherwise I figure adventurers in general don't care a whole hell of a lot about appearances.

Kid diddler

Spiderman thread starter

Depends on the setting.

Hey now, lets keep it civil.

Now that's just hurtful

Depends on my mood.

Nothing unrealistic on a girl being attracted to quiet guys and hating chads. Quiet doesn't mean autistic, and girls can hatefuck too. And they do it constantly.

The longest surviving character in our current campaign (we started over skype, now we run it on Discord) is a female mercenary typel. The player, (who is female,) originally pitched her as "6'8" butterface. Think Brienne of Tarth but with great tits".

Her nickname is "Bucket" because she keeps her greathelm on all the time, including, famously, when getting it on.

Our group has never broken down with laughter as hard as the session that happened in and she made the accompanying noises.

>women on Veeky Forums

Fag.

I only play as beautiful traps.

>dat last spoiler

Not if she's single, 35, with a few of chad's kids.

Yea, yea, no girls on internet. You misuderstand this meme, zoggit.

It falls under "gay with issues"

Hmm...never really thought about it outside of White Wolf games where Appearance is actually a thing.

>Zoraida Rascón, 13th-generation Toreador liason to the anarchs (Vampire: the Masqurade)
Appearance 3, so more attractive than is average, but hardly a model. Didn't stop her Final Death, though.

>Adrienne Molyneux, 8th-generation Caitiff hunted by her own sire for sport (Vampire: the Masqurade)
Appearance 2, so completely average.

The rest of the games I've played are d20. I'll take the characters' Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, and Charisma and average them (rounding down all fractions since in d20 you always round down) to tell you their Appearance, though the fact that I'm doing this rather than just telling you probably lets you know how much thought I've put into it.

>Evelyn Moreau, assassin for CONTROL (Soldier 9/Sniper 6) (SpyCraft 1.0)
Str 12, Dex 20, Con 14, Cha 12, so Appearance 14. So she's actually a looker, though not "stunningly beautiful".

>Sky Adarin, aka Mandalore the Forge (Soldier 7/Elite Trooper 5/Officer 3 (Star Wars: Saga Edition)
Str 18, Dex 18, Con 18, Cha 16, so Appearance 17. She is gorgeous, though given that she's the Mandalore she isn't usually out of her armor nor not wearing her mask, so you wouldn't know it.

>Iliira of Gell's Pass, human-raised drow thief (D&D 5th Edition)
Str 10, Dex 20, Con 14, Cha 14, so Appearance 14. Once again, good looking but not stunning.

Personally: Short hair, hardened low-fat body, numerous battle scars.

But this touches on one of the most unrealistic things in RPGs.

No one, male or female, in a high-stress combat-riddled occupation ends up "stunningly beautiful." Soldiers IRL struggle to keep it together during high-risk tours (like Iraq, Afghanistan) and they have uniforms and combat isn't nearly as common as it is for Adventurers in say, DND.

A fantasy adventurer would not only be haggard from having to stump all over the fucking planet, they'd be constantly repairing their clothes and gear in settings that seems to abruptly go from civilization to total chaotic wilderness containing 1d10 owlbears.

On top of that, their body would be a tapestry of scars and healing cuts and bruises from the constant fights to the death.

>HP is abstract
Fine but what about all the times you went all the way down? Or got poisoned or any other status effect? Googleimage search spider bite. Cute right? Now imagine it wasn't done by a half inch bug using a tiny amount of venom, but a great dane-sized spider that is ALSO trying to rip you into pieces.

The fact that your PCs don't end up like that is the same reason chainmail bikinis ever became a thing. Reality is inconvenient, it's a game therefore you don't have to justify your fetish/lack of common sense and just be perfectly beautiful regardless of the situation, or receiving the AC for chainmail while covering 20% of your body and none of your vitals.

Sky Adarin rolled for stats?

I roll straight down the line. So I don't choose.

>just be a cuckold and you'll be happy

i'd sooner become a wizard

I'll use this post as copypasta for 'realism in rpgs' discussions

Pretty easy when you play a bull dyke.

When you play who?

shhh let them sperg about women

Quiet guys get laid plenty as long as they aren't fugly and they have interesting things to say, and make you laugh, when one-on-one

Not gonna lie every character I play is stunningly attractive. I just can't play fuglies.

>Your kids get him a father's day present.
>He's sleeping with your ex.
>You're still a manchild.
>"What a cuck. Hehe..."
>Return to drinking.

My group always rolls for stats; we find it more fun.

Skye got *amazing* rolls at character creation - 18, 17, 17, 13, 14, 15. Later ability score increases caused by leveling gave her her end-game (15th level) stats of Str 18, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 14, Wis 16 Cha 16; in Star Wars Saga every 4th level you increase any two different ability scores by one each.

With stats like that I could have been anything, in particular a really good Jedi, but I decided to go for simple Soldier instead - albeit a Force-Sensitive one.

Her backstory involved her having fought in the Mandalorian Wars of 4,000 years past but being frozen in carbonite; when she was unfrozen a few years after the Battle of Yavin aboard an Imperial Star Destroyer. Once her carbonite blindness wore off, she proceeded to get help from some Stormtroopers who didn't like the Empire anymore (the rest of the party, in the brig where she was) and stole an Imperial shuttle. But not before beating an NPC Stormtrooper to death with another NPC Stormtrooper, who also died in the process.

After that she basically she took a look at the state of the Empire, the state of the Rebellion, and the state of the Mandalorian Crusade, and said "yeah, kriff this" and set about becoming the new Mandalore (leader of the Mandalorians) and starting a new Crusade.

Also she earned, like, a *lot* of Dark Side points while doing this, particularly when I ordered the galaxy-wide-live-televised execution of 500 unarmed, helpless prisoners who had tried to keep her from getting the Mask of Mandalore. By that point she already had a lot of Mandalorians backing her.

Only time I successfully managed to play an evil character. Essentially I was Space Genghis Khan. It was awesome.

Think Rosie O'Donnell only more manish.

>stunningly beautiful, just average, or ugly as sin?

Yes.

a cuckold is a man that raises another man's child. It refers to the same act performed by the cuckoo: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_cuckoo#Chicks

Like if I have any idea who Rosie O'Donnell is
>tfw russian and not understanding half of Veeky Forums's memes

>playing a gender other than your own

Forever GM.
I have to take on all kinds of roles.

The term doesn't actually refer to someone raising another man's child though.

It's been used with the meaning of husband of a cheating wife for like 700 years.

yeah, and back then when you fucked a woman, she'd likely get pregnant, leaving her husband raise the child believing it was his

Usually she's above average in the looks department, but as an adventurer she's a bit more focused on staying alive than looking hot. Form over function, utility and protection over fanservice. 50/50 on whether or not she's the party face, depending on who else is around.
Courtly dances and other such formal engagements, however, are a whole different story.

meant for

Yes I know thank you, but you also know that isn't the contemporary meaning for the word. We call them stepfathers or just "mom's boyfriend", and in this case the cuckoo doesn't make sense because he's knowingly raising another man's kids, there is no cause for derision because it doesn't mean his partner is unfaithful just that she had a previous partner. A cuckoo unwittingly minds the young of others, the term cuckold is used to mock naive or ignorant men who raise the children of another man believing them to be his. A man with an unfaithful wife. Whatever wikipedia tells you the meaning is I really don't think it applies to most people's understanding or use of the word, especially not on Veeky Forums.

A bulldyke is a masculine lesbian. Often overweight, shaved head, tattoos, probably rides a bike, manly mannerisms etc. It's a lesbian stereotype firmly rooted in reality. My cousin is a bulldyke, she's basically a weird looking guy.

Pretty but not stunning, if I played them.

What do cute girly lesbians find attractive about them?
I just don't get it

I always make them ripped as fuck with very little armor

Most bulldykes I know have cute (but fat) girlfriends. They may be lesbians but they're still chicks. Sexually aggressive alpha types still drop insecure panties.

Women's sexuality is a little more complicated than men's. I can't actually speak for gay men, but with straight men, attractiveness is a yes/no trigger, that ultimately can't really be tricked. Either someone is attractive, or not.

With women, their attraction to women can still be influenced by a number of different factors, which is why you can have girls dating guys with nothing going on physically or monetarily, but they exude some trait that 'tricks' them into being more attracted than they'd otherwise be. Be it something positive like heroism, (saving a women from in from of a moving car will actually increase her attraction towards you) or negative like walking around acting tougher than everyone around, it'll have an effect in the same way, if somewhat varying degrees.

Lesbians aren't immune to this, and the take charge butch types still trigger those impulses. There's a reason women constantly say their sexuality is a moving target.

tl;dr, this:

Varies by character, but it's always a consideration (for my men too).

My illusionist is decidedly average, and rather poorly endowed since she's half-elf, but she always goes to ridiculous lengths to look as beautiful as possible. It took two full arcs before any other PC saw what she looked like under her magical disguises.

This game hasn't quite started yet, but my Rogue Trader is stunningly gorgeous, and knows it. A bit fashion-obsessed, too; I'm planning to have her wear a different outfit in every scene where I can justify her having slipped away to her quarters since the last one.

with my paladin's daughter (which became my current character) i had her start out by being average & boyish looking but that got thrown out the window when vampirism came into the equation.

and while she is still a tomboy she definitely got alot prettier after becoming a vampire

Quiet guy=/= autists

Go outside

my gender is ogre

Wouldn't it make more sense to align those pics vertically or to switch their places?

Yeah women are pretty fucked up. Don't get attached to them is my advice, you'll never be everything they want, you'll get your damn heart ripped out.

>play 6/10 straight cleric girl
>every other female PC is 10/10 and lesbian

Out of the 5 or so female PCs in that campaign, only 2 (including myself) were played by men. The rest were played by women.

>le ebin trap maymay
XDDDDDDDDD

I don't play female characters.

Depends on the class.

Like real life, when your stunning beautiful, its because you rarely put the hard work necessary to be a warrior. A warrior women, prone to melee battles, are usualy scarred, burly, and unconcerned with traditional atire.

However, magical females tend to look better. Theres alot of wits and politics in that field, and alot of visual conjuration that can be done. They usually take great pride in themselves. They are often stunningly beautiful because manipulating senses is kind of their thing.

religious centric females tend to be average. Take care to be presentable but not over bearing.

That wasn't fedora speaking, I save that for being smug and superior. That was just me being exceedingly bitter, I apologize I really shouldn't be approaching that topic right now.

To be fair there as a lot of people who have lost faith in love

They're usually average. The lithe sneakthief, the humble priestess, the washed-up prostitute, etc. If my characters are ever exceedingly attractive, they're horribly flawed in some other respect. I'm not familiar enough with femininity to convincingly portray a critically flawed woman without lapsing into tired cliches or stereotypes.