Android: Netrunner General

>Question of the day:
What is your favorite low-tier card and why is it better than most people realize?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Android Netrunner Official FFG News & Spoilers:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-card-spoilers

>Floor rules
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/66/62/66628aed-d2e3-41c3-9ea2-1caae96b104f/adn-floor-rules.pdf

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c9/e5/c9e522d2-d9f6-4053-9a80-684198c25fa5/adn_faq_v301.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>Netrunner Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (You’ll need to build it yourself)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
teamcovenant.com/blog/category/netrunner-lcg/
cardgamedb.com/index.php/index.html/_/android-netrunner
stimhack.com/

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

boardgamegeek.com/blog/2866
youtube.com/watch?v=xqa9uY8WRVs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can't be the only one pissed that Wayland and Anarch didn't get a new ID last cycle AND this cycle.

Are they ever going to add more Corps or Runner factions?

>What is your favorite low-tier card and why is it better than most people realize?
Right now, Dorm Computer. Playing it with Maya to save 8 credits (and 4 clicks) on removing them.
Gingerbread is getting a lot of traction too. Between Assassin, Resistor, and Archangel being so popular, I'm saving quite a lump of credits.

how could they even do that?

Dunno! But they're rolling out that new rotation in a year or so. Maybe there's a new company on the scene or a hostile takeover or whatever.

The lore would make sense in terms of competitive play. And casual play is casual play.

Because they hate the game. They know it's dead come rotation so they're just fucking up the meta and doing whatever shit they please cos they know retards will buy packs anyway

Maybe some of that Bioroid and Jinteki AI could decide to get together and do its own thing?

>AND this cycle
There's still space for them in Liberated Mind - 8 slots left in the pack.

Shaper's 6 event should be there, and Weyland's likely to get an Alliance Operation same as everyone else

Forgot link
boardgamegeek.com/blog/2866

Am completely new to this game and only have the core set. What is an "alliance operation"?

Alliance cards are ones that don't cost any influence if you meet some specific condition - generally having six or more non-alliance cards from their faction in your deck. So, include six jinteki cards in your weyland deck, and jinteki alliance cards no longer cost influence.

That sounds pretty awesome, actually!

>Salem's Hospitality is alliance.
Clench your buttocks because Mumbad City Hall is going to fuck runners over with it in NBN.

If you are walking into a tournament today, will you put currents in either of your decks? and if so how many and which ones?

One of the things I like most about Netrunner is how it demands that both players know both sides of the game. Which seems obvious, but some people out there definitely only play one side or the other on the regular.

It's true, and that's a fun feature for people really into it, but the importance of cardpool knowledge is also one of the biggest barriers to entry for the game.

Definitely. I'm still fuzzy on decent number of cards, there's a lot to learn.

I meant you couldn't introduce a new faction to corps that wouldn't be underpowered. Look at the mini factions.

>with it in NBN
The card is alliance, 3 jacksons, 3 Target Marketing and the card is free to go into any deck.
The menace is real, Salem got fingers everywhere.

Toss this in IG Jinteki decks. Spam 2-3 with MCH and shuffle back MoH.
All you need is 4-6 passive income a turn, really easy for IG. This is going to make the already most annoying deck in the game even worse.

I really want to see what Weyland's alliance op will be, but MHC-Salem's (IHW) seems like a good way to start a kill - and with Subcontract you could even do SEA Scorch Scorch afterwards - though subcontract is massively combo-y.

Since you guys have been talking about L5R so much please come check out my channel.
youtube.com/watch?v=xqa9uY8WRVs

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions

Agenda (8)
2x Fetal AI
3x Global Food Initiative •••
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (33)
3x Bio-Ethics Association
1x Genetics Pavilion
3x Hostile Infrastructure
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mumba Temple ••••• •
3x Mumbad City Hall •••
3x Museum of History ••••• •
3x Shock!
2x Snare!
3x Sundew
3x Tech Startup
3x Turtlebacks

Operation (4)
1x Diversified Portfolio
3x Salem's Hospitality ••••• ••••• ••

Barrier (2)
2x Wraparound ••

Code Gate (4)
1x Archangel ••••
3x Crick

Sentry (3)
3x Komainu

15 influence spent (max 15)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Salsette Island

I just mocked them up really fast... Honestly this is kind of scary as fuck...

This meme is bad and you should feel bad

So in place of getting any in info today we got another fucking Game of Thrones reveal... This game is dead. I am not even sure we are getting another cycle at this point.

1 Employee Strike (if on wyldside path, or have a way to tutor for it)
2 Cerebral Static

>since I spammed this general with my shitty weaboo ccg please come check out my youtube channel

fuck off already, make your own general

That's because the GoT meta isn't absolutely broken and the devs actually care about Thrones

Lannisters is more oppressive than IG

Lannisters is only OP because no-one plays Milk any more. Everyone's busy teching against other decks they just flat out forgot to think about having to play against Lannisters. They're all just stupid.

If we don't get a new cycle announcement this week that blows my socks off I am likely taking an offer I got for my entire Netrunner collection.

Just not worth it to stick with this dying game anymore.

Let's just say that after the next announcement, all your single sided cards will seem a lot more boring

>Trying to be FFG Insider
>Not even trying to fake the trip.
You depress me boy.

Fuck you

>Pretending to be someone else after forgetting their tripcode

Wow, with that sort of attention to detail you really do belong on the FFG R&D team

The man himself looks pretty good as well, though the agenda cost is a bit steep, especially outside of NBN

I am wondering if Jeeves will enable Eliza's a bit more now though

bump

Anyone got Chaos Theory nudes?

This thread is about to die and I blame the previous user for it.

So crims get their first AI, but are there enough common single-sub ice to be worth it?

Short answer: yes
Long answer: Half the ICE in the cardpool is singlesub.

We might see one card each for Adam, Apex, and Sunny in a new set. We also might see a Corporate mini-faction, but remember that in-universe the four factions basically own the economy. There'd have to be a reason for it not to be a wholly owned subsidiary of one corporation.

maybe like a bank or something

But we have a bank, Titan Transnational. Weyland is the money and construction megacorp

I had an idea for a "transportation" mini-Corp with region shenanigans, but I'm still not sure why it wouldn't be bought out.

Maybe all of the big four have shares in it and nobody can get controlling interest?

Didn't they say that all the support the mini factions will probably get will be in Data and Destiny? New factions seem unlikely.

Damon left the door open for a little more support. Apex and Adam can use it.

Does anyone have a list of generic programs in the Android: Mainframe board game?

They said nothing would come in Mumbad, but there is options for them to get more cards - just at a much slower rate than the main factions, so we'll probably see 1-2 each in a cycle or something

I'm going to my FLGS to check out Netrunner for the first time later today, hopefully someone will teach me how to play.

Is now a good time to get into this game? I ordered the core set.

There's a moderately intimidating amount of content out now, and cardpool knowledge is quite important for competitive play, so getting in can be hard.

That said, the core set's got a load of content and can be lots of fun for a long time, and you can expand from there at your own pace if you decide that's something you're interested in.

One thing you'll have to consider getting in right now is that the first two cycles of small expansions will rotate out of competitive play sometime next year, so you might consider the option of skipping those when you start expanding, if competitive play is important to you.

But if you're mostly just in it for casual fun (which is, in my opinion, where the game is at it's most interesting) then chronological expansion from the earliest stuff might be the smoothest ride.

I called my FLGS and they said that there was a usual turnout of 6-8 people on casual nights. I like competitive games, and I wouldn't mind getting packs to make a efficient set of decks. I like the look of Argus decks, and same with that one runner who is all viruses, all the time.

I just think I need to play more. The concept of the two players playing completely different strategies while interacting is really unique.

Yeah, the game is absolutely a load of fun, got me back into card games after swearing them off for a decade with no regret. Best asymmetrical implementation in a constructed format by miles.

And yeah, Argus can be a lot of fun to play. Anything that forces the runner to sweat over difficult decisions makes corp incredibly satisfying.

Definitely let us know how today goes.

I've been trying to teach myself on TTS but nobody plays it there and it's kind of a weird game to teach yourself solo. Not as weird as Doomtown but that's even less likely to find on TTS.

Maybe I'll try my FLGS, I haven't been there in years.

Speaking of solo teaching myself, this happened.

If the runner ends his turn with an empty hand can the corp just play a net damage op to kill him instantly or are there more card draw mechanics I didn't notice?

>runner ends turn with empty hand
Yeah, something like a Neural EMP will striaght up kill you if you don't have some card in play that'll let you draw a card before they can play it or directly prevent the damage.

As for teaching yourself, playing against yourself on jinteki.net using two different browsers can work.

I've been using Tabletop Sim which works well enough.

I played the solo variants in bgg when I first got the game, it plays kind of weirdly (Corp AI doesn't play any operations) and you can sort of game the Runner AI (the only reliable icebreaker they have is Crypsis since it's installed at the start, and since it only ever loads 1 virus counter, it gets trashed easily with two ice up), but it's pretty good for learning the ropes and certain rules and card interactions.

I'm assuming you have a physical core set atleast though, without them it can be tedious setting stuff up.