CYOA Thread

Previous Thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/tEkArBPy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>the pastebin meme
you can stop already

He even posted the shitty one.

>I have a rough sort of idea for a Background/Purpose selection that would have a much bigger effect than Star Dust's Origins.
Well that's kinda cool but

>My plan however was a bit more focused on the "frigate" scale, in Star Dust terms.
Bluh

I still don't get why Lorelei follows Oliver. Was it ever clarified?

>Bluh
It seems to me that the most iconic ships in fiction are at about that size. Small enough for the crew to all be well characterized and usually unique enough that the ship itself is one of the characters. It also eliminates a lot of the chaff from the design.

Though something like a Capital Ship management CYOA would be an interesting project as well.

You don't want the pastebin?

Then start making new threads earlier so I don't.

>implying you won't post the pastebin anyway
???

In Sci-fi the ships could be whatever size the author want them to be.

In enormous ships, there's either a handful of main characters that direct the ship with hundreds if not thousands of nameless staff that work in the background (Star trek) or a tiny well characterized crew operating an enormous automated ship, the ship's AI also being one of the main characters (Farscape, Red Dwarf and etc...)

I wouldn't. Don't even look at the thing.

Let me guess, it's the 'shitty one' because it's not the one that's the exact same but deletes the IRC link? Because if you're defending the one that doesn't even have links to CYOA archives, then you're insane.

True. I guess at this point it mostly comes down to bigger ships really not being to my taste as much.

Fuck off you negative cunts. Just because you both dont use something does not mean no one else does.

>it's so useful ya gays xDD
Yeah, I'm sure nobody ever asked a question that was clearly answered in the pastebin.

>Some people act retarded
>Lets treat everyone like a retard
00s generation everyone

>Some people act retarded and will never read the pastebin
>Some people don't need the pastebin at all
woah

Which is why it's hilarious to post a different one from the "correct" pastebin.
Autists notice and can't handle the change I guess.

It's useful to have a datebase of CYOAs, yes.

I have to agree, it's useful in its own right, even if gaukers will still throw stupid questions. That aside the pastebin is actually nice to have around for finding things. Art farming is a bitch and the polls are still useful.

I'm sure the IRC is just as useful too :^)

>Some people act retarded and will never read the pastebin
>Some people don't need the pastebin at all

Its almost as if there are some people who do like/use it/ need it and everything does not revolve around you or retards.
Imagine that.

Less so but it still has its uses. To each a purpose and a time under heaven, or something like that smiley friend.

>pastebin arguments
>no CYOAs

You people, sometimes.

So that's a yes, you hate the pastebin because of the IRC link.

I despise the IRC too but you're being ridiculous.

Let's get some more CYOA up in this thread!

OP's pastebin killed /cyoag/.

Nope, this thread just has no OC so it's slow.

I like the pastebin, I think it's pretty damn, personal, but I'm just another user, so what do I know?

pastebin.com/tEkArBPy

Why doesn't that one have the note from Dropbox user?

Because all the pastebins are missing something.

The pastebin holy grail is ever elusive.

>Pastebins are so disorganized that some people update form old pastebins
Good going whoever is behind this

Posting a classic.

You should add some drawbacks to every origin beyond mortal progeny. Right now there's not much of a reason not to pick Olympic parentage.

>Mortal trying to boost his origin.
That CYOA is finished and has been for months.

Inb4 perfect winged naga shows up to solve all the universe's problems in one go, without difficulty.

too bad

Mortals, when will they learn

I made this today!

Ji (Kan) - With Mai, it's an infinite time stop. Hard to get better than that.

Gen - Provides answers to many of life's greatest questions, and a lot of random mysteries as well.

Ten - Always being able to ask what will make me happiest sounds like a must-pick.

Ima - Going to have to be careful not to abuse this one, but there's a lot of boring things I'd happily skip through, especially if I won't age during them and will autopilot.

Onna - Purely for fetishistic reasons.

Ta (beru) - Never have to worry about getting fat, and can eat whatever I want? Pretty nice.

Ko - 8 years old. Gives me a nice second chance at life.

Chii - A lot of potential uses, especially with Ta (beru).

Mai - on Ji (Kan).

Yasu (mu) - Greatly expands my life.

Timekeepers's Authority please.
No more late packages!

The Seeker's Touch

I lose so much shit.

The Seeker's Touch. I lose so much shit it isn't funny, and this will save me a lot of time and frustration.

Godly Descent: Alkoth
Blessing: turn into dragon 1hr/day

Agility of the Fox
Beastmaster
Demi-Human: Harpy
>can't be a harpy without wings, 2 points less than Armed With Wings
>crap, GM balances it out by combining arms with wings; can't flap and wield stuff at same time
Guardian
Lightning Seer
Miracle
Necromancer
Petrify
Planar Lord
Virtuoso

Companion: Rhiannon

Adventures: A Divine Affair, Door To Door, Solve My Riddle, The Fire Witch, Whales In The Sky,

>God-tier support build, possibly?

I probably don't have enough worth saying to use "Listerner's Will" well, so I guess I'll take Seeker's Touch.

The Seeker's Touch

This would save me so much time in all my daily activities.

I'm the only one here who thinks that the Blessed Comuter is just great? I mean, I waste so much of my life in subways and bus stops, and sitting close to tramps in the tubes.

I refuse to take a choice that has a blatant misspelling in the name.

I'm a forever DM so Listener's will would save me a lot of frustation. It would get them off those damn phones too.

Let's not lie to ourselves here.

Maybe. I know that Blessed Commuter is pretty useless to me, since I live in a small town where all the rail lines went defunct 50 years ago and the Bus service barely exists at all.

>pdf

Timekeepers Will is really tempting. I put a very strong emphasis on being on time all the time myself, but that would help make it immensely easier, plus I wouldn't have to wait and I hate waiting.

I would get so much more use out of The Listerner's [sic] Will though, mainly for arguing online. Plus I could write a book and people would have to buy it and read it even if it was terrible.

Child of Heroes - 60 points

>Angelic Pinions 7
>Serpent Reflexes 17
>Unyielding Flesh 31
>Titan's Might 43
>Lothario 53
>Weapon Summoner 57
>Skilled Minstrel 60

>Rhiannon
>Whales in the Sky
>Boss Monster

Hi, I'm the angelic elbow drop.

As for me, I have never once seen the Kanji CYOA in anything other than pdf. If you have the image version, please share. I'd rather have the image version.

>not wanting all the images in one file
>wanting 40 posts of Traveller every thread

Maybe. I have a car and taking the bus anywhere in my city can take hours, compared to 10-20 minutes driving.

If you live in a city where public transportation is the norm because there is no parking to be found, most people don't even own cars and anyone who does drive is stuck in 24/7 gridlock, then I could see that option being pretty nice.

However, Timekeeper's Authority already covers most of what it does. The bus/train you were waiting on would never be late either picking you up or reaching your destination

I know the build you are talking about, but I also know that's not the intent of the build.

"No plan of action survives first contact with the enemy". All that build gives is the plans.

Not that guy (obviously). I don't think I've ever uploaded it page-by-page because of how long it is. But if you'd like it, here goes.

No, please, it just shouldn't happen.

END

Trap.

Well, that was a waste of six images.

I'm not gay, but if I were I'd go for that bear. He seems like a bro.

Just a heads up for the big Google Drive user, you 're missing the v3 version of Magical Deviant.

Thank you very much

Like anyone else was using them?

>Olympic Parentage
>Ariella

>Lothorio (2pts cuz Inheritance)
>Unyielding Flesh
>Armed With Wings
>Demihuman
>Lightning Seer
>Ocean's Herald
>Marlin's Quickness
>Grace of the Deer

Name: Thalciomache Palcadia
I'd do all the quests, not all at once of course, and improve my abilities and learn new spells along the way. Details in next post.

24pts for all 12 quests.
>Serpent's Reflexes (already had Grace of the Deer)
>Medicus
>Lord of the Inferno
>Stormcaller (already had Lightning Seer)

I happen to be a winged naga. A very unusual creature born from an ill-fated love between the Goddess Ariella and a great serpent. I fly through the clouds searching for my place in the world and trying to do good things for people. I'm usually very peaceful, but can fight if I have too. Even though I seem immortal, I actually have a weak spot my belly-button.

This user gets it. It's just I'd be trying to do. i'm sure it'd take awhile and lots of side quests would pop up along the way.

>Incredible Vegetable
I travel to the plant and drive away the bugs with rain and lightning. Then I study it to try and unlock it's secrets. I use my knowledge of potions and what I learn from the plant to make a potion from one of the leaves that gives me Healer magic. I take the seeds to some monks who I think will bring the plants back and not abuse them.
>Whales in the Sky
I spend time with the whales to find out and fight out what's happening. Hopefully I can use what they tell me to make a potion to cure their sickness.
>The Kyphian Mines
To cure the whales, I need a artifact from the Kyphians. When I arrive at the old Kyphian mines, I here about the missing pioneers. I search for them as I look for the artifact to cure the whales.
>A Divine Affair
The Goddess Lenya notices my beauty and sees me trying to use my gifts for good. She tries very hard to convince me to live with her in her realm of flowers and cloud castles. But because of my wandering ways, I can't settle down for good. Not even with a Goddess. We part ways amicably and she teaches me more about healing magic before I go. This is where I get the Medicus ability.
>The Fire Witch
I follow the Witch from high above in the clouds. I discover her coven having a meeting that seems pretty sketchy. The next time she's alone I ambush her and wrap her up in my coils so I can question her about what's going on. I report the questionable coven to local paladin order, but conveniently forget to mention the Fire Witch and help get her back to her old job with Prince Kasper. She teaches me fire magic as thanks, since she didn't get along with the dark witches anyway. That's how I learn Fire Mage magic.

Some aeons back someone mentioned they want a "shy and demure" personality option. That's about as much as I've got time to add nowadays, so enjoy it, whoever you it.

twink. mostly for dem interests. the hunk is better in most respects, and probably a more sensible option. but investment banking just isn't my thing.

Were you guys there when a guy dumped all 40 traveller images? It was a hell of a thing.

>Devil Without a Cause
I fly up to the Elemental and explain to him that he's causing problems for other people by staying here, and that there's other Elementals for him to talk to in other parts of the universe. I help get him to trust me by doing some tricks with the fire magic I already know. After convincing him to move on, he teaches me more fire magic to thank me for telling him where the other elementals are. That's how I advance to Lord of the Inferno.
>Always Read the Manual
To convince the Fire Elemental to move on, I have to learn about the plane where the great elementals live. Turns out there's a King who's looking for a book about ruling. It's lost a great ancient library. I figure I can find something about elementals while searching for his book. This helps with the other quest.
>Boss Monster
I use my powers to fight the beastman horde and their evil leader. People who I've helped join in the fight against evil. Ariella and Lenya give me a boon to help survive the fight. This is where I get Serpent's Reflexes. My storm powers increase to Stormcaller from me using them so much for this.
>A Peaceful Village
>Chesswolf
>Solve My Riddle
These 3 are a bit trickier. I do my best to solve each one as best I can, but as I'm not a great solver, I also seek the help of other heroes to help with these.
>Door to Door
Being a great heroine, I'm chosen as a ambassador to the new world. I travel through the door and have new adventure and meet new people. I return now and then to report what I find to the old world.

A harpy that turns into a dragon! Oh my! A excellent support build I'm sure. I could see you flying around above a adventuring party zapping stuff and playing your magic music.

Angel that's trained in muscle wizardry!?

It was pretty dumb.

Plus that was like a week or two ago. I'm fairly certain everyone remembers that.

>spoiler
How lewd!

Probably sleeping, I missed that one. Sounds awful.

There's a reason we keep it on the dropbox, it's easier for everyone and given Highlander's unease with forming a TT general probably for the best.

Hyaku
Ue
Now
Otoko
Nishi
Gai
Chii
Koto
Shi
Tsuku

I'm gonna be essentially a handsomer version of (Paul Rudd's) Antman, but with far more utility and a custom waifu.

Fucking nice.

Trap has no downsides, aside from the fact that his parents are probably degenerate commies.

Interest check
Had a shopkeeper CYOA idea, initially inspired by Recettear. The setup would be that you owe a massive debt to XYZ that must be paid off; you're lucky in that you at least own a store; you are not an adventurer and have no particular interest in adventuring, the only restriction is that you will never sell or give up the store that you inherited from your dead parents as it's the last real memento you have of them.

Initial char gen would involve choosing a few traits for your shopkeeper (kind, pragmatic, ruthless, airheaded, cute, intelligent, etc); which would give bonuses, not sure if just flavor, or tied to stats/crunch. Eg the 'Kind' trait would make you inclined to buy/sell goods at less competitive rates, offset by goodwill from customers/larger customer base/access to future favours (maybe a 'favours' category of perks?) Airheaded might have penalties to merching, but bonuses to NPC interactions, or free gifts (bonuses to luck?)

Perhaps additional purchasable bonus traits (people reading skills, black market opportunities, renting out space, etc)

The second part would involve your store itself; merchandise sold + the customer base you cater to (general store? foodstuffs? adventurer mart stocking things useful for the members of the adventurer's guild? black market stuff? flowers?) with buyable options for size, as well as who you hire (in house alchemist for better potions, journeyman wizard for minor enchantments, magic item identifier, etc)

Other options could be room designation (in house bar? alchemy lab? weapons/armor display? dining area?) with possible additional branching options/perks (if you've got food, drink, weapons and potions, you may not have shady types gathering in your place, but veryone comes for one reason or another, so there isn't much you don't hear/know, time to broker information!)

The last bit would involve a golem, maybe a gift from a gift from a wizard or something inherited from your dead parents. Initially just a floating head with some manipulator appendages to start, it would have its own upgrade trees as well as different ways you could use it.

Offense / Mobility / Utility; you could upgrade it's offensive capabilities (let it use weapons, give it more arms, advanced targeting module, etc) and throw it into the dungeons to go get you loot (or join up with other adventurer parties); or you could upgrade it's mobility and carrying capacity (can't fight, but it's a good porter and messenger, maybe it hauls injured adventurers out or maybe it's just a mobile fridge) Utility? Maybe it's just your avatar as you pilot it from the safety of your own home, or maybe you just stick it into an oversized stuffed animal and make it a mobile advertisement; maybe you upgrade its intelligence and it functions as a personal assistant and can do the same things your other employees can do to a lesser degree

Maybe there'd be a random table of events (thieves, falling ill, fake family members, market crash); and/or actions you could take (sabotage the competition, you're getting squeezed out by the Kingdom's official store, etc)

Thoughts?

I just want you to know SDA that when smug anime girls are posted on other threads i just assume that its you

This is pretty cool, though a couple descriptions bothered me:
"The square-cube law doesn't affect you." Like, what the fuck affects me instead?
This isn't some weirdo bonus law with unexpected consequences that don't apply because of our scale, like relativity or quantum disentanglement. We have to put down horses with broken legs because that leg will never heal well enough, because of the fact that strength goes up with cross-section of a thing, but the weight it bears goes up with the cube of a thing. Elephants can't jump for the same reason: they'd shatter all their legs. Rats can survive any fall in atmosphere (assuming their only acceleration is from gravity) because their mass is so low compared to their size.
If I take Dai, I'm 50 feet tall. That's a little over 8 times scale. Does my strength and durability go up more than the square of the scale? Does my weight go up less than the cube of my scale? Does gravity change, maybe just for me? All of these have pretty serious consequences for how I'd interact with the world.
I think the best solution would be outright saying, "You work according to classic kaiju movies or The Borrowers physics [for huge or small respectively], don't sweat the details/make up something not unbalanced if you need to."

>Timekeeper Authority
I am always late everywhere so this would be useful, not waiting is good too.

I am surprised most people choose Seeker's Touch it seemd to me like a pretty useless power along with Companion's Request. The second best for me would be Blesses Comuter.

The problem with a TT General is that all of the builds have been sent, and Highlander is doing weekly updates. Generals would last less than an hour every week.

Sounds fun to me, you just need to make the golem fit with the tone.

It's totally not lewd! I was hoping for it to be a bit on the cute side though...

Nice and tidy right? Suppose there's not much else to it.

I feel like Hunk is the, overall, the best option.

the timekeepers authority

Belly buttons are lewd, not cute. How can you not understand that.

That's what I was thinking.

>Shichi
This will be insanely useful. I'll just carry a piece of paper with tons of tiny number 7s on it in my wallet or something.
>Naka
Hammerspace FTW.
>Ten
I could use some guidance.
>Onna
Genderswap option.
>Ta (beru)
For health.
>Atara
Using this on technology makes it incredibly useful.
>Bun
I CAN HEAR EVERYTHING. Well, not literally.
>Yasu (mu)
Sleep is for the weak!
>Yo (mu)
I can just, like, sit on a book while doing something else.
>Omo (u)
It could come in handy in a large variety of situations.