Non-Generic Cyberpunk Inspo

Sup Veeky Forums, I love cyberpunk, I love running and playing cyberpunk games, I'm really fucking tired of "LA in THE FUTURE" as a setting. Can we get some scifi/cyberpunk character/setting art that isn't just "tall buildings and purple lights"?

Really, anything with a unique spin on it goes. Even Deus Ex's Hengsha is fine, I mean fuck, at least it's got a cool urban design. I'll dump what I've got.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EacVa0Ge1sM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

some of these are admittedly pretty basic. My new computer displays images smaller than I can easily see in the folder, so I'm having a bit of trouble spotting my good pictures.

gonna move into a bit of character art

k not art but I love the whole idea of "people as utility/infrastructure".

this is dope

youtu.be/EacVa0Ge1sM

fyi the context for the last pic is a dude w/ the set up to take pictures for google afaik. But feel free to let your imagination wander as to what sorts of equipment you could pay drifters to carry.

outskirts of chiba - proper string and pontoons - real Jonny Mnemnomic

or go orbital, balloon riders taking on old default orbital weapons platforms

or Deep Range farming platforms

Where is the redneck cyberpunk?

While LA is turning into Megatokyo, what's happening out in Appalachia and the boonies?

I'd have fun running a cyberpunk campaign, but it might not be very traditional and might not even fit the genre definition.

Some mix of Mad Max and FO4 imo.

Depends on the Context, both Cyberpunk 2020 and Interface Zero have wonderful possibilities for Redneck cyberpunk.

In Cyberpunk 2020, the world outside the cities is like Autoduel or Dark Future; a depopulated wasteland roamed by fast cars with mounted weaponry and driven by complete psychopaths.

In Interface Zero, the entire US Southwest was largely depopulated by Enviornmental Degradation and the Great Quake of 2066 levelling the sea walls and flooding Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego. Unable to foot the bill for repairing these damaged cities due to the ongoing Civil War, the tattered remnants of the USA simply abandoned these cities. In the years since the war ended, the Southwest has been abandoned due to groundwater depletion and global warming, the ruins of San Franciso, San Diego and LA were taken over by warlords and deserters and are as of 2090 basically Somalia.

The latter sounds pretty rad in terms of campaign settings. Could play some The Last of Us for inspiration of general mood. Have a gradient between cityscape wastes being reclaimed by nature, some loosely populated tribal areas, shanty towns, "basically Somalia", maybe some more outposts established by more established warlords that work on a sort of low-budget green-tech...Immortan Joe type shit.

>cityscape wastes being reclaimed by nature

I like this.

This is also dope

does retro futuristic count?

fuckin anything counts man I just need to stop using so much "copy paste sky scraper" settings

This is a concept I really like: rural areas in a cyberpunk time period.

I'm interested in some Post-Post-Apocalyptic stuff. I'm currently working on a setting about four hundred years after most of the world's technology is disabled due to a weird solar flare type cosmic event.

Society goes on, and there's a decent amount of advanced tech lying around, but all the old power structures and most cities were left uninhabitated as people escaped to the countryside and re-established themselves.

In that sorta setting might be interesting to look into radical eco-anarchist sort of ideas and think about how city dwellers could try to re-appropriate their environment to have the security and convenience of existing structures but try to develop some sort of agriculture.

There would probably be roof gardens and urban beekeeping.

It might be the case that there are large fish in the local river but no-one fishes for them because of radioactive pollution.