Post your characters/characters in your head and others rate them/give advice/ call you a fag

Post your characters/characters in your head and others rate them/give advice/ call you a fag

Ima rescue this thread with my faggy idea.
>Character is a shapeshifter catfolk
>lived as part of a merchant caravan, travelling town to town
>on visit to a more wealthy city became enamoured with the storied he heard of cunning thieves and their scoundrel ways (standard thieves guild guff)
>sneaked away from caravan to find some of these people
>caravan didn't really care because high birthrate and one less mouth to feed
>managed to talk his way into joining, was a decent thief
>mainly acted as lookout because who would suspect an ordinary cat?
>eventually guild got into some dodgy shit with smugglers and the town guard cracked down on them
>catman fled as a cat and snuck into noble house garden
>was found and pretty much adopted by spoiled daughter
>plan was to lay low for a while then find some way to leave town quietly
>life as a spoiled cat is pretty comfy actually
>3 years pass
>party comes to town causing typical PC kerfuffle (or whatever story-related event when I play him)
>this is his chance
>leaves house, offers his services to the PCs
>claims to be master cat-burglar (huehuehue)
>tries to be act like some cool rogue
>is actually still fond of cake and is ashamed of it
srsly though OP, post your own

>Dath Weyuryeteucr
>human male black hair as black as night with eyes as red as tears and skin as white as ash
>human supremacist
>noble born
>Fighter with a single stick of a sword but swing like a club
>lawful good
>mysterioso man from da farlands who speaks in strong accent , has killed thousands of non humans or "invalids" as he calls them
>comes from ancient warrior Kingdom
>has come here to act as a diplomat and culture study to prove he is worthy of the crown

this is bait right?

No what's wrong with it

>lawful good
>has killed thousands of non humans or "invalids" as he calls them

also I didn't notice on my first read-through but
>eyes as red as tears
who the fuck has red tears?

I really do think I'm falling for some top notch b8 here

I'm not usually much for anime but I fucking loved this show.

He's comes from land so foreign that that is lawful good where he is from
Its a fish out of water story as he must learn to adapt to this new culture and will be forever changed

>One 'U' Luke
>human
>wizard
>black
>urchin
ISGOOD?

>Thyrsus Apostate
>Awoke to the Path of the Singing Stone while serving prison time
>Prison as representation of the Fallen World
>Becomes shaman to the prison population, deal with predatory ecosystem, spirit infestations, prison drama

Reposting this from a thread awhile ago I guess. Too lazy to retype it though, so here's the screenshot.

what about an elf barbarian who is 400 years old, was a gladiator and loves the fight and spirit of battle

Would you let me sit on your table

What's he love, what's he hate, and what does he desperately try to not be that he actually is?

pretty solid story user.

Hare yu

some npc ideas im working with

>undercover paladin investigating recent surge in undead activity
>takes care of a small church and graveyard
>fights with a shovel and wears typical minister getup

>neutral necromancer with an undead pet pseudodragon
>trying to find a form of simple resurrection that completely restores the person no matter how long theyve been dead
>just wants his daughter back

>basically MIB guys that follow the p[layers for a while and try to recruit them to gather magical items for their organization
>kind of an scp thing

So uhhh... what's this character's actual motivation to leave his comfy life and risk danger with a bunch of strangers?

>Illius Illuvar
>High level elf wizard
>Used to study in his tree while the rest of his clan covorted around
>Elven god of magic smites the tree, killing everyone save his half-brother
>Brothers go separate ways after other clans blame the half-breed
>Years later Illius attempts to reunite with his brother, finds him broken and cast out by the human God he served under
>Develops an extreme hatred for gods, swears to ascend and kill the pantheon
>half-brother joins him as a cohort, and together they investigate how to fuck over gods.
>Eventually achieves lichdom to extend his time, hides his lawful evil nature and generally helps everyone around him unless they get in his way.

That campaign actually ended with Illius wiping out all life in the world and getting smeared across existence by gods. He remains as a concept and can never be truly destroyed now, so he'll be introduced to the next campaign when they catch up in level.

However I've been toying with character ideas for his herald:

>Antipaladin worshipping him as god
>His own brother, who survived the extermination of life through Contingency.
>An evil cleric granted domain powers through worship of him.

>Detailed backstory that gives a taste of the character's life without being 20-pages-long detailed (I especially liek the cultural element)
>Clear in-character motivation for adventuring/staying with the party
>Good explanation of how the character picked up their skills/talents
>Tradgedy element is a bit generic, but not super angsty or edge-lord'ish
>Character seems (to me) like a novice or an apprentice instead of semi-god or all-powerful undead lich-lord, leaving plenty of room for growth and character development
>No alignment listed (alignments are garbage)
>Personal motivation is an easy one for the GM to build plothooks and plot-arcs around

10/10, literally the only character here I'd let into my games.

Also good, but like said, I'm having trouble seeing the motivation here.

>>undercover paladin investigating recent surge in undead activity
>>takes care of a small church and graveyard
>>fights with a shovel and wears typical minister getup

I really like this idea. Maybe not so much the undercover part, but a paladin whose weapon is a shovel who is basically the local minister sounds great to me. But that's probably just my general tendency to prefer low power-level action, minor players taking part minor events and whatnot.

>>neutral necromancer with an undead pet pseudodragon
>>trying to find a form of simple resurrection that completely restores the person no matter how long theyve been dead
>>just wants his daughter back

Reminds me a bit of Mr. Freeze, could make a great antagonist who starts out well-meaning but becomes consumed with his goal of bringing his child back and sinks to ever lower depths to fulfill it. Or maybe not. Either way, it works.

i had a second idea for a necromancer, and that idea actually would combine the two, and adds some fucked up details to it.

>he's running out of time in his own life so he begins trying to turn himself in a lich
>the tower where he lives is in an abandoned part of the kingdom where an entrance to the underdark is
>esnlaves drow as undead thralls
>plans to use a little drow girl who looks like his daughter as a living phylactery. depending

depending on what level my players are will determine whether or not he becomes a lich and they have to destroy a little girl

>they have to destroy a little girl
Don't do this... just don't. It's such cheap easy forced angst. It doesn't feel genuine, it feels like you're being "edgy" and "dark" purely for the sake of being edgy and dark.

Mayaswell post my shitty idea.
I tent to like dark characters so prepare for the edge.
>older man, full beard and unkempt hair
>homeless, currently a wandering hand-for-hire
>only possessions appear to be a ratty set of clothing, a normal if slightly worse for wear sword and his most prized and defended possession, a red cloak
>years ago, he worked as a guard for a small town
>fell in love with a nice woman, eventually they got married, planned on having kids
>until orcs/bandits/goblins/insert destructive faction here burned down the village, leaving him the sole survivor
>refused to let go of his beloved, eventually (possibly with wizard help), trapped her soul within a cloak she had made for him
>is able to speak with her while wearing the cloak, otherwise the cloak is also warm and makes him feel like he is at home, wherever he is
>his wife's spirit talking to him is the only thing really keeping him from a more self destructive path, keeps him from just drinking himself to death and urges him to make a new life for himself despite his hardships
>while is willing to murder bad people for money, would rather talk people down and save the bloodshed if he has the option
>character arc through campaign would either end with him finally being able to move on and let go, destroying the cloak and allowing her to continue to the setting's afterlife, or his obsession taking over and him turning to evil means to try to give her a physical body

I am ashamed that I know that manga...

His original goal was to be a master thief and he's rather ashamed of the cushy lifestyle he had gotten used to. Hoping that running away with some random travelers will give him a chance to stop being such a softie.
Basically he wants to be a dashing rogue instead of a fat lap cat.

Character I built for an upcoming game set in 2018 is a paladin with french roots and from Joan of Arc's lineage. She's a vampire/werewolf hunter, already had a few kills under her belt prior to the game proper.

Due to her lineage, she was granted the magical sword Durandal and a magical set of armor made from the remains of Joan's own armor. Also have a runic revolver with either silver nitrate or UV bullets (for werewolves and vampires), and able to call on miracles from God to smite supernatural evil creatures. Or heal, or bless a weapon.

For the game, her house is now sending her to act as the bodyguard of the new head of one of their allied, English house as a token of good faith because the new head became such due to being the last surviving member of his house, and every single one of his servants are vampires, so they wanted an actual human as his bodyguard.

Also she's called Jeanne for obvious reasons.

tears as in rips in the skin, not tears as in what comes out of your eye

>Nomek
>Half-Orc
>Product of rape, his mother lived in a mountain village that was raided by Orcs
>His father was an Orc with red eyes
>Grew up ostracized from the rest of the village, but his mother was kind and loved him
>Naturally quiet and composed, he always did what he was told and never fought back against the people that bullied him
>Mother taught him to never let others break you down
>No friends in childhood so frequently played in the woods alone
>Often treated kindly by a traveling bard troupe that often passed through
>Over time the other villagers learned to accept him
>Is enrolled into the village militia as an adult because he's strong, tough, and disciplined
>Even though the village is more accepting of him, he still often feels out of place and keeps to himself
>One day goes on an extended hunting trip
>While hunting he notices smoke rising from the village
>Rushes back and finds the village in flames
>Everyone is dead except his mother, whom he finds in the middle of the village bleeding out from a large gash in her stomach
>Nomek holds her in his arms as she's dying
>Suddenly monstrous shadow
>Enormous red dragon lands in the village, towering over the two of them
>Nomek is terrified, but his mother tells him to be brave and that everything will be okay
>Dragon breathes fire, enveloping the two
>Nomek doesn't burn, but his mother burns away in his arms
>Dragon laughs, "So even at the end, your mother never showed weakness. Even when I took her all those years ago."
>Nomek's father was a shapeshifted red dragon
>"I'll be waiting.", flies off
>Traumatized, Nomek wanders aimlessly in the village ruins for awhile
>Traveling bards arrive at the ruins and take him in
>As they travel together, Nomek learns from the bards about dragons and dragonspawn
>When they arrive at the city, he resolves to track down his father to slay him

And that's the story of my Half-Orc 29 Fighter/1 Bard/10 Red Dragon Disciple in Neverwinter Nights.

RAPE
A
P
E