mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Veeky Forums Character Sheet
mega.nz/#F!x0UkRDQK!l-iAUnE46Aabih71s-10DQ

>Previous Thread

>magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/plane-shift-zendikar-2016-04-27

Worldbuilding Edition

What are you putting in your game world? What are you leaving out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ
wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Character_Sheet#Using_attributes.2Frolls_from_the_sheet_in_your_own_macros
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What are you putting in your game world?
As little as I can to facilitate the player's desires and character goals.

>What are you leaving out?
Anything that would force me to do more prep than almost none at all.

My players love it.

Where the fuck is UA?

Unearthed Arcana. Every month, Wizards would put out a few kits for free for some classes. Try out other backgrounds and races.

Sorry my dudes, forgot to fill in the subject line on this one.

Where nigga, not what.

That bridge would collapse under its own weight immediately as it is subjected to the force of gravity.

Can anyone tell me the exact difference between a paladin and a cleric, both gameplay and flavor?

Also, paladin vs cleric/warrior (in terms of build)?

seriously dude. it's a day late and i need my fucking fix.

Someone please link to pdf of players handbook not on mega

cleric is a priest/crusader
paladin is a shining knight

war cleric / fighter is an awesome multiclass choice

What said. But I would be interested to see if there are strangulation rules. I guess opposed strength check to get and maintain the stranglehold. But I don't know how many rounds it would require - perhaps the creature's constitution modifier (minimum 1)? I guess that's the same rule as asphyxiation, but it makes sense I figure.

Fucking really? Go and download it on your computer and email it to yourself. Stop asking the general to spoonfeed you, you dumb fuck.

I can't use email here
Please help
Please

Sorry, piracy is only for people with an IQ above 70. Figure it out yourself.

>What are you putting in your game world?
Well, the moon is a hollow spaceship built by reptilian aliens, so there's that.

Clerics are more holy, Paladins are more fighty.

>hollow
>what is gravity?
>what are tidal forces?

what about an elf barbarian who is 400 years old, was a gladiator and loves the fight and spirit of battle
Would you let me sit on your table

No, I wouldn't let you sit on my table, I need that space for books and minis. We have chairs for sitting you fucking savage.

sorry im into scat so before a session when nobody is there yet starts I sit on the table and far as hard as I can all over everything
The idea of people holding the far stained stinky sheets and pencils and maps turns me on so hard I leave to fap sometimes in the bathroom

This one's going on reddit XD

I don't know. What are those things user? Are they magic spells?

>Worldbuilding Edition
>What are you putting in your game world? What are you leaving out?

Fuck yea my favorite edition!

I have actually started drawing inspiration from some of the vidya that I play. Being a denizen of both Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums I play a lot of rpgs and such, but the games that I'm using for inspiration here are Magic the Gathering and Minecraft for the most part.

Basically I have become addicted to modding Minecraft, and even though I'm still very new to the experience, I've decided I absolutely love some of the ideas presented in the game. Namely the fact that there are some monsters you fight that spawn naturally (Witches, zombies, etc.), along with those supernatural beings that can be found (Endermen, Blitzes, Creepers), and stuff that only seems to spawn underground (Slimes, creepers to an extent). But one of the "Boss" monsters in the game is one that you have to build to defeat, which is an interesting idea in and of itself, but the best part of Minecraft, I've found, is that I absolutely love going to other realms/dimensions to do stuff. Going to the Nether (hell), or The End, or the Twilight Forest, or Aroma's Mining world, or the Mystcraft dimensions. That, combined with the Lorwyn block, makes me want to make alternate worlds and dimensions that the PC's can adventure in, and use to fight the BBEGs in my world.

I'll also be using the Eldrazi notes and hopefully some of the other races from the Zendikar planeshift article, which will tie in with the other dimensions that you can go to through either mystical rituals or portals you can construct.

That, and hopefully including things like dirigibles and subtle allusions to the world having used to be more of a sci-fi setting should do the trick to make the world an interesting place to explore. Nothing that's outright scifi but a few hints here and there would work.

How would I play a Paladin/Bard? I'm thinking so far that I am a Holy Knight with magical roots. I'll take Oath of Devotion and College of Lore as a half-elf. While remaining truthful and dutiful to my god, I use my musical talent to spread the gospel and good will. I'm more so of a preacher and protector than a crusader. Any ideas, /sug/?

They're available in the Mega trove (In the Rulebooks slot under Unearthed Arcana).

Or you can hunt them down @ WoTC's website.

SHIT SHIT I MEANT /5eg/! FUCK.

How do you play a bars I'm general
I want role play ideas for Too
I just love other people's ideas so much I respect you guys and want to see you imaginations

What is the most unconventional character idea per class? I'm primarily looking for ones that would be fun/interesting to play.

Peaceful barbarian, bard who actually doesn't know anything, rogue who hunts thieves etc?

GNOME BARBARIAN XD

>fun/interesting to pla

Speaking from experience here. Well, as a Bard you are an artist above all else. You express yourself through your style, nuances and instruments in ways other classes can't. So make sure you flesh out and role play your Bard's subtleties Secondly, you are bound to have high Charisma, so you are the party face of sorts. You handle negotiations and diplomacy, so put yourself in a premier social position. You should be able to strike up convo with anyone. Lastly you are a skill monkey, you get a lot of proficiencies. Make often use of them. Hope this helps, Merry Travels!

I just got finished with a Druid with the Noble background- backstory was an ambassador sent from the druid enclaves to the cities, who liked living under a roof so much she decided to stay and enjoy the comforts of civilization.

But I'm a shy schizo boy with speech impediment /accent in real life and a voice that is often more of a whisper

Oh, that's quite a road bump. For the more quiet player, I would recommend a more concise approach. Perhaps your Bard could rely more so on the instrument. Instead of a lute, you could always choose a wind instrument like the horn, flute or the unorthodox option: the bagpipes. I don't know much of what to do beyond that, your Bard is unfortunately going to have to adjust to fit your limitations. My apologies, I don't have to deal with what you have, so my advice may be flawed.

>When the owlbear rolls two crits

context? and damage rolls?

>In
Reworked Dark Elves, Orcs, Halfbreeds for more races
>Out
Rock Gnomes

>running CoS for newbies
>wizard joins the party
>+0 con mod, rolls for HP
>11 HP at 3rd level
>they fight some dire wolves thrown at them by Strahd to test their abilities after they defeated Lorghoth
>one dire wolf runs around the rest to flank the party, as wolves are wont to do
>bites the wizard
>critical hit
>22 damage
Don't dump con, kids.

I'm running the Forgotten Realms with the SCAG and Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition's understanding of what the fuck goes on there, beyond that I'm making it up as I go.

None of my players know that much about it which helps immensely, one's a 4rry who knows a fair bit about that game's lore but generally accepts that any differences are just how it is in 5e/Realms. One's a former Pathfinder player whose old groups never bothered paying attention to the setting lore (and why would you with that atrocious kitchen sink) and is thus effectively new to the whole thing. The rest all started with 5e.

Last time I tried to build a world I got too enamoured of the worldbuilding itself, trying to be cool and different and the actual campaign ended up being an incoherent disaster, so now I'm going with something a little more safe until I trust myself to try again.

1) Was he butthurt?
2) Why didn't he have a better strategy than "I'll stay at the back" or at least some contingency?

>tfw the player crits his holy water and wins death house.

I'm working on a gnoll runt of a rogue who's too scared to engage in hand-to-hand but also too loyal to the party to just run away from combat since they took the place of his old pack.

He's a bit dim, a bit of a coward, and he pretty much had to be sneaky to not get pounded into the dirt before he ran away from his tribe. So you get a character who's too dumb to be duplicitous and too loyal to steal from other members of the party (except maybe when he sneaks one of their eggs at breakfast) but still comes equipped with the skills of a competent burglar.

A kinda funny quirk I imagine him having; he's the first one to come running when a member of the party is getting harassed by thugs are assholes in the market or something, but his cowardice also means he's probably the first one to back down when faced with violent confrontation (at least if they're roughly his size or larger).

Any news about splatbooks or something like SCAG and EG for more options?

This ain't hsg nor Veeky Forums

I should really check which thread I have open before I post.

There's new, free PDF with race options in the OP.

Minotaurs that are actually genetically engineered soldiers designed to fight mind flayers.

The world is a giant sea with a literal end where the water flows off into nothingness. There's also another sea under the first one that can only be accessed in the world's equivalent of the Bermuda Triangle.

No midget races.

A Cleric is somebody who gets their powers by following / worshiping a God.

A Paladin is somebody who gets their powers through a sacred oath they have taken.

Yo, it's the not!Wuxia dude again. I've got a fair amount of highly versatile movement and combat abilities thanks to all you guys' help the other day, but now I'm stumped trying to think of abilities that might be useful in a social context as well as a combat scenario.
Best I can think of is something like:

Vivid Acting: You are a brilliant performer who can seamlessly mix your mastery of fighting and storytelling in ways that keep an audience rapt with attention.

Something something Str or Dex bonus to Perform when storytelling. Anyone watching willingly must pass a check equal to Perform +Str or Dex or become charmed by your performance if outside of combat.

In combat, they have disadvantage when targeting any opponent who isn't you, and this lasts for 1d4 rounds or however long you decide to perform, whichever is lowest.

Here's something I was working on for a monk homebrew

>foresight of the glorious general
Your incredible tactical mind allows you to plan out the day in such vivid detail as to shock most individuals. Choose 3 different Skills or abilities. Until your next long rest, any time your DM calls for a roll using any skill or ability, you can instead roll using one of the chosen skills or abilities, as your keen mind has allowed you to plan for just this moment.
You can only use each chosen skill or ability this way once per long rest. (e.g. you can only use this feature three times per long rest).

Oops, the feature should let you choose 3 different skills each long rest.

I dunno, something about that doesn't sit well with me. Can't put my finger on it, but I smell cheese.
Still, thank you for the idea. I might be able to modify it to fit in line with the others.

Oh, that reminds me. Like the other two abilities I got reviewed a while back, these are supposed to grow better or gain extra features over time, to show their eventual mastery.

If I'm keeping Vivid Acting, it'd probably become something like Enchanting Tales or Immersive Imagery.
Out of combat, your acting becomes so good that people naturally fill in the blanks to your pantomimes, thereby enriching themselves more in the performance. From their perspective, your tale has evolved from masterful acting to almost transporting them into the story you've woven. People watching willingly now have disadvantage on their saves, and anyone not explicitly ignoring the performance must make the check.

In-combat? Your imagery becomes more frightful, with the flickers of your imaginary thrusts and swings haunting whomever is watching. On a successful save, they must spend twice the movement when within 30 feet of you, and on a fail, become frightened for 1d4 rounds.

I mean something more ample. The pdf is a partial letdown with most creatures, in particolar with Eldrazis

What are the chances a warlock player is going to be pissed off if I tell him his patron is a figment of his imagination?

Are you the GM? then:
if you didn't discuss it with him first? 50/50. You really shouldn't usurp character creation like that. It should be a collaborative process between the two of you, so discuss it first.

Are you a player?
Doesn't matter.

Reminder that warlock is the most balanced class.

I'm the DM and my players prefer to dick off instead of actually roleplay their characters. But this is the same player that complains about not being able to skip his turn.

It's balanced but is also quite weak because of how they balanced it. However, I've enjoyed playing a fiend patron tomelock in OotA.

It's more powerful than other classes at a much lower level. I've always taken into account when making a build that the more levels you have to wait for a power, the less likely it will be that you'll get there before the campaign ends.

It's slightly stronger at level two than other classes but if your concentration on hex is broken or if you don't take the agonizing blast invocation then you will be overall much weaker than other casters until level 11+.

>the best damaging at will ability
>a handful of other spells and at will powers for utility
>not one of the most well rounded and intuitive classes in the game
Sure.

Are you talking about hex or agonizing blast? Also, you at best get three other non at will spells per day, assuming you get a short rest in. Most of the at will abilities are gimmicks that don't help against higher CR foes. Even the decent ones require higher levels or have restrictions.

Overall, they are good enough but I would not call them the best of anything.

Hex isn't at will, I think he's talking about the eldritch blast invocations.

Question for Veeky Forums. What's your standard ASI/Feat tree look like? Do you usually keep your starting ability Scores (whether from point-buy, st. array, or rolled) and choose a bunch of feats? Do you usually take a single feat per character (something like tavern brawler or magic initiate?) and bump a couple Abiility Scores up to 16/18?

There are so many feats that could help my character but he also needs to have a good spellsave. He's an arcane trickster grappler with fighter starting class so he gets Heavy Armor. I made strength his highest stat and int next, but should I make intelligence the highest and focus on that since he's got expertise in athletics and the strength modifier doesn't come up aside from for ability checks (sneak attack doesn't benefit hugely from damage modifiers).

Planning out builds isn't terribly smart, since most games only run for a span of 5 or 6 levels. Just choose what you think will help you most when you level.

It's really not a very complex game, there's no point in buildwanking and theorycrafting about it.

I've only had that problem with inconsistent groups. If everyone agrees to the schedules and the DM is decent then the games can last much longer. Currently I'm playing though OotA with a warlock who is now level 7.

Yeah, I guess. Good point. Now, what do you guys think of the Grappler feat
-one of the errata omits the final benefit, stating that it refers to a non-existant rule
-the second benefit is literally pointless
>"use your action to make a contested strength check to restrain yourself"
>you can, without the feat, use (one of) your attack action(s) to knock your enemy prone
>prone, combined with the grapple (which is already active), imposes almost all the same penalties to the foe without imposing the three penalties of the restrained condition on yourself
>if you want to grant your foe disadvantage on dex saving throws because you want to subject them to dex-save AoEs from an ally, then using the pin "benefit" of this feat will grant you disadvantage on your saving throw as well
>if you just knock the enemy prone, you can still use half your movement speed while maintaining the grapple (and the prone)

Did WotC ever release a fix for this feat? Did they ever try to justify it or admit that it was a godawful mistake? Because this is, without a doubt, the worst feat in the game.

Oh, and in most cases, the first "benefit" is also pointless. As stated in the above post, you can use an attack action to knock an enemy prone, a condition wherein your attacks against him are made with advantage. This benefit is actually useful to my grappling rogue because he only gets one attack per turn, so pairing this with Tavern Brawler yields a significant benefit (I can sneak attack and grapple on my first turn and on all my subsequent turns I can sneak attack without needing to waste a turn or more attempting to knock prone).

Also worthy of note, the feat's ONLY TWO benefits straight up contradict eachother!
>Advantage on attack rolls against grappled creature
>Use your action to pin the creature, granting yourself disadvantage on attack rolls
>"you get advantage"
>"you get disadvantage"
Which literally translates to
>"You get nothing!"

With Grappler, you get to forego an ASI to get LITERALLY NOTHING. Video related.

youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

As someone who constantly plays grapplers, this feat is useless, hell, I take shield master, tavern brawler and martial adept much more often

Relevant, my DM still hasn't confirmed I can play this but fingers crossed

Last sentense in 14th level ability is completely useless. There is no size restrictions for grappling in 5e.

I guess that Martial Adept -> Tripping Attack would be better for granting advantage to my rogue. But it would only be once per day, so that kinda sucks.

Any tips?

Once per short rest. Read carefully.

You move at half speed when dragging a guy you're grappling

Trip, disarm and drag, frighten, and the defensive ones are useful

Oh, yeah, you're right. I'm just used to my first campaign where we had an encounter a day (if we were lucky to get an encounter at all), so we never used short rests. But still, only get to do it on one target per fight and he gets the chance to nope it. Even then, if he breaks the grapple then bam, shit outta luck.

I have a level in fighter (for heavy armor proficiency) and I'm taking the rest in rogue. The plan is to grapple targets, stay with them every round jabbing with a rapier for sneak attacks. Also planning on implementing some arcane trickster spell shenanigans but that isn't relevant for my question:
>Fighting Style:
Defense for the +1 AC (handy considering i'll be right in there with the enemy) or Duelist for +2 damage per attack -> this one doesn't seem worth it because it doesn't stack well with the rogue (it stacks alright with fighter who gets extra attacks)?

Yes there are, you can only grapple up to 1 size category higher than yourself, plus

I would go with defense because you will have a very hostile, very desperate enemy clawing at you every turn, also 5 more levels in fighter might be useful, on account of action surge, battlemaster manouvers, extra attack and 2 ASI/feats

I rarely ever multiclass into fighter without getting at least to 6

How are zendikar vampires created? Why have they human only base?

I can't tell if this is satire or if you're actually convinced that what you're doing is in any way inspired.

Either way, I'm fascinated.

I think I can make up for the lack of fighter levels by getting tricky with Arcane Trickster spells. I'm hoping I make it to level 15 so I can take Fly for awesome falling damage shenanigans.

> In
Islands, oceans, ships, couple racial templates, reworked Halflings due to group thinking hobbits are lame, something like warforged, bronze-age conventional technology married to 19th-century industrialism run on magic.

> out
Gnomes, dragonborn, tieflings, half-anythings (again, players didn't want 'em; they're now either templates or subraces), not much else.

Cut him some slack guy, everyone starts somewhere

On roll20, I'm trying to make Mage Hand Legerdemain - Pickpocket a Class Action that rolls and calculates my Sleight of Hand check without me manually entering the bonus values (eg: Stow or retrieve one object from a container as a bonus action; [[1d20+10]] vs target's perception.)

Barbarian or Fighter at lvl 5?

cont (accidentally posted without finishing)

How do I go about this? I've been trying for a while and I can't seem to figure it out. I'm using
wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Character_Sheet#Using_attributes.2Frolls_from_the_sheet_in_your_own_macros
for reference. Pls help.

Seems balanced, just an angry monk with less monk abilities.

So what are fun ways of breaking 5e besides cleric of fluffiness?

The net gravity within the interior of a hollow sphere is zero at any point. The moonship has a negligible effect on the planet's gravity.

The planet experiences no tides. They are unnecessary to the reptoids' purpose.

That put a smile on my face, thanks for the physics banter user.

>how to kill the monk class

If the monk wanted to live, he should have gone to college and got a decent job.

Figured it out, guys. For those curious:

"Stow or retrieve one object from a container as a bonus action [[1d20+@{sleightofhand}]]"

Yields the output phrase with a die roll with all relevant modifiers to the skill specified added.

Some people want to be shaolin masters that can jump buildings and do the 5 finger death punch, others want to be shadow-walking ninjas, others just want to punch shit good

They all came from another plane(t), Innistrad, to fuck up eldritch pyramid creatures.

Sorin Markov spread vampirism when he came to Zendikar IIRC, and vampires on Innistrad were created from humans by blood magic.

>Tavern Brawler
>I can sneak attack and grapple on my first turn
You only get the bonus action grapple of Tavern Brawler if the triggering attack is made unarmed or with an improvised weapon, so keep that in mind. You can't use a shortsword, but you can use a medium-sized sharpened stick.

A shove also can't be the triggering attack, so you would have to knock them down on your second turn, delaying sneaks further. And your first turn sneak attack would require a nearby ally, since you don't have the enemy prone yet to get advantage.

All of this is alleviated if you've got Trip Attack somehow and can make your first attack (which triggers the bonus grapple) apply the knockdown.