Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=myNR_HkUDsk
youtube.com/watch?v=LNK5-uE5JFg
youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw
pcgamesn.com/warhammer-40000-dawn-of-war-iii/dawn-of-war-3-base-building
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You have Captain Diomedes

What if we got rid of the blood ravens and instead replaced it with guardsmen with an actually interesting story

There is CoH for fags like you.

Not him, but you're the fag.

CoH had an awful story. I also want to find space aliens, not jerries.

Custom Crafworld for DoW 3.
Campaign is also eldar only.

Am a guardfag and I'd be ok with an Eldar campaign.

>a Yarrick or a Straken DoW
>Steve Blum as Sly Marbo
Imagine.

Hopefully we get some full resolution for the Blood Ravens

Maybe have more than 1 single player campaign, but without cut and paste maps this time?

I posted a thread on /v/ lastnight and it archived within minutes, no one seemed to give a shit

Is it bad that I now want a Catachan character voiced by Sylvest Stallone?

there's thread right now you tard

>When you realize there is no base building in the new DoW
>That it's another shitty moba hybrid
>About the fucking booring as fuck blood ravens
>and not set in the glorious horusy heresy universe
>and siege on terra is the last missions

>when you realize base building added literally nothing to the game

BOTTLE *hic* BROTHERS!

I'd like to see a different formula from the usual SM come to fuck up the Orks, they find out the Orks are being manipulated by Chaos or Eldar, and then proceed to discover either Eldar or Chaos (whoever wasn't manipulating the Orks) and battling them too

I think the Necrons would be a good shout this time around, just as long as I never have to see the Tau again

The Honouable Blood Ravens are assaulting a Tau world (with no mention of Diomedes, Gabe or Hairgel in the game) when Chaos Marines attack both sides. The attack is a screening action which allows an Ork WAAAAGH to land, sowing general mayhem. The entire kerfuffle is revealed to be Eldar Trickery, who are attempting to weaken all the factions in a grand melee so they can swoop in and kill the survivors so they can do a geological survey in peace.

No base building, copy-paste maps, close combat units are as shit in-game as they are on the table, Eldar have a natural 25% faster running speed, and Tau can take Crises from game start

Look into your heart, know it to be true.

Come on man, that's not cool

Maybe, but consider the following: Green is Best.

Sounds suspiciously Heretical.

(Screams internally) fuck it AAAAAAAA-(screams externally)

>no base building
dropped.

DoW 3

Top down Stealth game about stealing Relics from another chapters.

I like the way you're thinking brother

Its not stealing its accepting gifts from them!

Metal Gear with Space Marines?
I'd play it.

Gentlemen, I can feel the hype trying to take over me. It is a good hype. Besides Bowie dying this year has been pretty good. 30K Bangles are amazing, and Battlefleet Gothic has been great. Show me what you got, Relic!

>>and not set in the glorious horusy heresy universe
>>and siege on terra is the last missions
Okay this alone should make it up to people if there is no base building. Who wants that when you can have Martian death rays?

I hope the voice acting is the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=myNR_HkUDsk

Here's to the battulhs being GOOD, the bruthas being loyal, and the voice acting staying at sub-par levels!

>tfw you realize that isn't ash falling into the crater, it's millions of tyranids and the crater's the size of half the planet

youtube.com/watch?v=LNK5-uE5JFg

god it feels like just yesterday i was installing DoW on my computer for the first time. How long has it been Veeky Forums, where has the time gone?

Shut he hell up, don't make me feel this right now.

the hype is real

The same from Dark Crusade, that is.

SPESS MEHREENS

TODAIY, THE NME IS AT ARE DOAH

Adeptus Mechanicus are pursuing new research. They claim what they are pursuing in Mars is the missing peace. A weapon to surpass the BANEBLADE

Blood ravens go to a penitent crusade, hit up with a renegade Ultramarine named MOTHERFUCKING TITUS, get tricked by Eliphas/Eldar Bitch #5, fuck up Eliphas/Eldar Bitch, then fucking orks because reasons and some tyranids and necrons too.

And then we hear that Kaurava conflict was canonically won by the Dark Eldar.

do not fear your mortality man, embrace it. there is no such thing as a "waste" of life, everyone chooses how to spend theres and if you spend all your time dwelling on what you "should" have done you wont have nearly as much fun. who cares how much of it you spent doing what, the only thing you should care about was how much you enjoy the things in your life. not just the big things, the small things, like getting home and taking of your shoes from a long day of work, or dubs, dubs are a perfect example. a little bit of random chance that can lead to just a moment of happiness and joy. shits on fire yo.

Fuck off, it's Dawn of War 3: Boreale's Return.

Dawn of War : The Rise of the Inheritor

TANKS IN 30 MINUTES

>MOBA hybrid
Whut?

If anything I'd call DoW2 campaign a tactical Hack n Slash.

Depends on which Dawn of War 2. The original did feel like a moba, or a high-speed Icewind Dale-style without pausing.

Retribution was just pick your race and go through the same campaign group selecting your guys and clicking forward.

I've never bothered to look into warhammer or dawn of war, what exactly is it? I get dawn of war was an rts, but people are throwing around moba comparisons and base building so now I'm confused.

One was a traditional RTS
DoW2 was not. It was more focused on tactics than base building. You had one structure that spawned everything.

DoW1 was a pretty straight forward RTS with generic base building mechanics and a decent selection of units across the factions.

DoW2 dropped the base building mechanic and gave the player access to hero units a la Warcraft 3, complete with kustomizable wargear. I don't know enough about the unit variety to comment.

>tactics
kek, it was 'click guys, click enemy' and if your dudes died you just revived them and clicked again. Give me immersion breaking base building any day

An open mind is like fortress with its gate unbarred and unguarded

well you have dawn of war wich is the basic RTS of you build a base produce units and research shit with the slight change that to gain resources you had to cap points scattered around the map the only big problem with the game was it was about as complex as a brick
dawn of war 2 has more of a focus on individual units each with their own abilities and strengts they also did away with most of the base building replacing it with a upgradable main building the campaing also did not feature base building unit construction or anything like that but rather centered around several units each with their own load outs and skills.

spoken like a fag compstomping

I AM ON THE WAY

>the original did feel like a moba
Jeez, is it a buzzword now?

MOBAs really are like a simplified RTS/Action RPG hybrid. DoW2 was more on the RTS side (for one giving you multiple units to control and making character progress happen between missions).
It's more like following the direction of Warcraft 3. Focus on the heroes in each squad. Still, I'd say it was more tactical than your average Russian-infested MOBA.

let me guess you played on easy.

maybe if you were just casually playing AI

Even online the gameplay was less fun than Dark Crusade, the 'tactics' basically revolved around knowing the map better than your opponent. Enjoy these hot opinions

>less than 5 minutes to go

of course map awareness is key when the game is not about spamming units

IT IS TIME

Wow it's fucking nothing.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

YES IT HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED!

KNIGHTS FUCKING KNIGHTS!

TITANS CONFIRMED

Glory to the Emperor!!!

I saw Imperial knights and my dick exploded, FUCK!

>THREE DEVESTATING FORCES
I FUCKIN CALLED IT WRONG , THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE CHAOS IN IT
>IMPERIAL KNIGHTS VERSUS WRIATHKNIGHT/REVENANT/PHANTOMS
DoW III:APOCALYPSE EDITION
ok, it won't be like either of its predecessors, thats for sure

ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ

Why do the Spess Muhreen legs look so lanky?

THAT WRAITHKNIGHT HOLY SHIT

THE HYPE TRAIN HAS LEFT THE STATION

So who's the forth faction going to be?

THAT LITERAL TIDE OF ORKS

>Commander points

"We have now access to knights, battle brother"

new SMs skip leg day a lot.

LET'S MAKE IT ORKY

keep watching, it said 'three devestating factions'

Is it weird that I really want something more on the scale of Wargame than past dawn of wars?

I just want Epic to come back

Hm, maybe they're not playable but are still in the game as an enemy, or are playable in multiplayer?

wait does this mean the blood ravens have a house of Knights supporting them?
they did seem to have simalar colors to the blood ravens.

Of course user was talking about the first DLC :^)

You didn't think you were getting a complete game, did you?

BUT WHEN THE FUCK WILL IT COME OUT?!?!?
THE KNIGHTS
I WANT THOSE IMPERIAL KNIGHTS!
Also, I think that the trailer means that Apollo Diomedes will die.
I think it was him the space marine that died with a smile.

Always with the fucking Orks and Eldar.

Oh, well. Still, we all know there'll be DLC at some point down the line.

I hope the final game's aesthetic is as bleak as the trailer is. Got a bit of a Beksinski vibe from it.

That was either Hair-gel or Tarkus.

We found them on the roadside one day!

>/v/ shitting themselves over the "titans" in the video
I don't know what I was expecting

>The message is bigger, better and exploding more. “This is the Dawn of War that fans have been waiting for” explains executive producer Stephen MacDonald in a statement, “Our biggest units ever? Check. Giant orbital lasers? Check. Base-building, epic heroes, huge battles, it’s all in there.”

Looks like base building is back on the menu boyz!

hey guys
:^)

So will it be all the armies that have Titan class units?
Or just those three with the other ones as DLC

the Wraithbone. Those Wraithbone structures are straight out of his paintings and it looks just perfect.

MMMMMMYYYYYYYYY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCKKKKKKK

Well, they had Grey Knights supporting them in Dark Crusade and Soul Storm.

Sorry, the flagship factions of the series are the SM, Eldar, CSM, and orks. When creating a triple A video game that costs millions of dollars and will be used as a gateway to usher in new customers to the IP, you aren't going to make a necron VS Tau game.

>This is the Dawn of War that fans have been waiting for
Where are all the other factions then?!

IT IS TIME

>Bases are back

Yeesssssss. Literally based.

It fits them so well, I just hope it's carried over to the maps, and not simply abandoned after the trailer.

so is 2016 the year of Warhammer now?