Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>You and your Mentor.epub
>Of beasts and thoughts - A work on mentor spirits in aztlan.pdf
>Subscription_MIT&T.txt
>Dangers and treachery: Toxic mentors.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 200 (0% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Cat Totem: Bad mentor or Worst mentor' from Mika
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running TurboBunny_using_the_shaft.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Mages edition

So, a lot of players start off with characters with either no or very few pieces of cyberware, and over time, as the job dictates, they wind up taking on more and more until they're at the edges of their essence.

I was wondering, how feasible would it be from a gameplay standpoint to do this in reverse? For example, my character would either start as an android or an essence 1 character and attempt to work his way to being a standard meatbag. I know essence makes a hole, but is there any way to sort of "reclaim" it officially through the rules?

From a gameplay standpoint, I think it might be somewhat interesting because the character would essentially level in reverse; as the game goes on, he'd be trading powerful cyberware for flesh mimicing replacements or perhaps getting vat grown parts. He might start off a literal killing machine and slowly lose everything that makes him combat worthy until he's not much stronger than a new character.

Since this is mage edition: If I want to kill a lot of things and be a general combat beast, is adept or mage-adept the way to go?

Chrome Flesh lets you regain essence, but it's done at a snail's pace and costs a ton.

And a lot of players who plan on chroming up start off with like 1.5 essence left for those soaks and initiative dice.

there is a way through revitalization. It's however EXTREMELY expensive and slow. Each month you regain 0.1 Essence and it costs 75000Y+20000Y/month. So if you want to regain a single point of essence you need to wait 10 months and pay 275000Y

also remember that this is 4e so it will probably cost even more than that if you play 5e, even with inflation considered

If you want to specialize in just kicking ass, Adept does nicely. MysAds are stretched a bit thin (thanks to the errata, which made them not OP as fuck), but the ability to summon up some spirits to help you should not be overlooked, nor should the ability to drop a Stunball.

If you have a dedicated mage in the group, go Adept; if not, MysAd.

5e rules
>Revitalization: Revitalization is a breakthrough that repairs Essence loss derived from invasive implantation. Universal Omnitech has been successful in keeping the mechanism a secret, leaving geneticists to speculate that the effect is achieved by performing some kind of “genetic feng shui.” Scientists work with a magician to realign the patient’s aura by genetically remodeling DNA to repair damage to the aura and balance to the body’s systems, restoring Essence. Revitalization regenerates Essence at a rate of 0.1 Essence per treatment. The treatment can restore Essence lost to implants that have been removed and to addiction. The technique cannot restore Essence for implants or treatments that remain in place, and it cannot repair Essence from gene therapies. Magic or Resonance points lost are never returned, and reductions to the maximum Magic/Resonance attribute remain in effect. The treatment takes one month, but patients need only spend seven days in a clinic and then wait the rest of the month for it to kick in.
>Chrome Flesh 157

0.1 Essence for 110,000Y. You're not getting whole, omae.

You don't need revitalisation to remove your 'ware and replace augs with cloned parts. It's purely for essence purposes, and unless you're worried about HMHVV or the minuscule difference to your social limit ... it just isn't necessary.

A) user asked specifically,
>I know essence makes a hole, but is there any way to sort of "reclaim" it officially through the rules?
so talking about Revitalization is extremely relevant.

B) user seems to want the roleplay challenge as well, and it's a cop-out to say that Essence sacrificed for cyber doesn't impact roleplay, or that a character who wanted to become more human wouldn't also try to get these treatments.

>my character would either start as an android or an essence 1 character and attempt to work his way to being a standard meatbag. I know essence makes a hole, but is there any way to sort of "reclaim" it officially through the rules?
It takes knowledge of the game to take that specifically to revitalisation, and unless it comes to the point of a corporate johnson offering vat time as a reward or a big shadow clinic offering it as an extra for services, then it's going to be difficult to attain a meaningful amount of essence in the average game.

No one said it doesn't impact roleplay. I said it's not necessary. There's plenty of roleplay to be had in imperfectly regaining the glue that binds your physical and astral parts. (heck, even if you do somehow receive the vat treatment, you might want to rp it that way - it's never quite the same as the original you)

>There's plenty of roleplay to be had in imperfectly regaining the glue that binds your physical and astral parts.
*in imperfectly regaining a natural body, and/or*

I'm not going to delve into all the possible options in detail. You get the gist.

>Different aspects of the world (the elements) are important to traditions in different ways—the description of each tradition describes how each element lines up with the different types of spells, reagents, and spirits in their thinking, indicating which types of spirits and spirit powers they might be likely to call upon in particular situations. Each tradition’s description also includes the Attributes used in the Drain Resistance Test for spellcast-ers of this tradition.
The type is what followers of a given tradition generally call for a given task, but they can use whatever spirit they can call if they so please. In other words, fuck off.

source? cause here is the part from the 4e CRB

They can summon and use whatever they want, but unless the spirit's element is what their tradition uses for the spell type they want to cast, the spirit can do fuck all to help them cast it in any way.

Why the fuck are you looking at 4e rulebook, you tit? Crack open the version which everyone is playing.

>Aid Alchemy, Sorcery, and Study: As a service, the spirit can add its Force as a dice pool bonus to your Alchemy, Spellcasting, Ritual Spellcasting (for spell rituals), and Learning Tests if its type matches the spell’s category, as listed under your tradition (p. 279).
SR5, p.302. Now fuck off.

Because 5E is trash

because it's CGL aka "Can't Get Lazier" aka "Copying Gamerules Liberally"

Hey srg, where would I put my refugium as a hermetic mage?
I don't wanna get another flat as the good ones are epxensive and the shitty ones aren't safe, and even the good ones are shitty, because if the chimneysweeper or something comes along and messes up your carefully designed pentagrams you're fucked again.

What would be the "cave in the woods" equivalent? Because as far as I can tell shamans can get one of those, burn some shit and hang up some horns and then a fucking bear can go completely wild in the place and it won't be messed up.

>my refugium

That's a lodge, right?

You can beat the chimneysweep issue with Lifestyle options from different books. Put your lodge in a Panic Room and it's pretty secure from random entry.

Panic Room is High Lifestyle + which is probably prohibitively costly for most chargen characters.

You can get Private Room, which is Squatter Lifestyle and much cheaper.

Private room is by no means secure from outsiders though. It's basically like building a lean-to inside part of an abandoned shipping container.

Yeah I meant lodge, sorry, I'm freely translating from the german books.

Sort of glad to see that nobody else has figured this out yet, I've been thinking about it since Friday and my next session is tomorrow...

>Refugium
>read it as "Refridgium"
Why not have it in a walk in freezer?

schließ doch einfach die tür ab?
why not try a ward?

On top of a disused water tower, maybe?

There's rules in SG for sharing a lodge; hermetics can do that fairly easily, because there's plenty of hermetic organizations affiliated with schools, businesses, labs, etc, and practically by definition hermetics don't personalize.

Timeshare that shit.

I usually see people either grab a tiny bit of ware, or have 1-2 Ess left.

Am I a bad person for wanting to port some (not all) content from SR4's War! into SR5?

Is it culturally insensitive to call a female troll a Trollop?

What was the last nice thing that happened to your 'runner, /srg/?

Depends on the content. Some of the gear is pretty cool (wingsuits!) and I'd be happy to see it in 5e.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that doesn't go over well.

She found a stack of credsticks in an office safe moments before we blew the place to high heaven.

With that and a hefty bonus from the Johnson, her crippling debt is almost paid off!

War! was pretty broken, but why not? We already have War!-lite in Run & Gun, at least as far as armor goes. Might as well bring back HP and anti-tank ammo.

Technomancer kid that the group rescued and he 'adopted' tried to bake him a cake for his birthday.

It's small moments like that that make life totally worth it.

My rigger blacked out from VR biofeedback while under fire from a razorboy abduction squad and got hit with dumpshock on top of that when the SUV got shredded. A stimpatch got us out of there after cleaning up, and while he was unconscious the team paid a couple Thai hookers to give him a bath, and secretly recorded it for him.

Uh...

She got drawn? And a lot of free booze she really can't handle by helping deal with a surprise "health inspection" on a runner bar.

He opened car repair shop with his mate. Basically his dream and good possibility to launder money from shadowrunning.

I got paid.

A nice change of pace.

>Draw me like one of your French contacts, omae
>myheartwillgetpaid.midi

letting a contact drown in ice water to ensure your own survival is something a runner would do

That door didn't have enough Body to support two.

Yo, using Chummer5 to roll a character:

Is there some gameplay reason I can't seem to strap an EBR (or any other sniper rifle) onto my drone's heavy weapon mount? Or is it just not implemented?

Rigger5 changed up how drone weapons are mounted; is it related to that? A Drone mount now needs to be Large or up to mount an assault rifle.

that got a sensible chuckle, omae

>that gun
Could anyone explain to me how I have to point this thing? Cause it looks like half of the first time users are going to shoot themselves

You are using the drone modification rules, switch to the vehicle mod rules for adding anything except those that use the heavy weapons skill to a standard .

You need a huge drone weapon mount to put a sniper rifle on a drone. Standard and heavy only work for vehicles. Though a heavy one should work, too, so no idea if it's a bug.

What the fuck
who thought "yes this is a good design"
that text description gave me AIDS

I thought of that too, but I don't have the 'use drone modification rules' box checked. Is there some other setting I need to have in place to -double- ensure I'm using vehicle rules?

well shit

i need to do this now

I think I like that red furniture. At first I thought I'd do something like pic related, but that AR is classy as fuck. Have to give that serious consideration when I get mine.

The thing about the Asuka one is that, aside from the faint NERV logo on the side, it could just be a rifle belonging to a dude who likes that shade of red. The Miku one, on the other hand, is probably awkward to be in public with. I'd call the Miku one a Distinctive Style and the Asuka one a gun with Custom Look.

Also, thanks for the Hayek sheets, whoever posted them last thread. They're in the box now.

So I was looking at all the corporate logos and I understand what most of them are supposed to be, for the most part, but what is Shiawase's weird moon thing supposed to represent?

>Miku
>awkward in public

My carefully crafted milspec-wearing gun adept was only stunned and injured when the runners came in and blew everything to pieces.

>They're in the box now.

Excellent.

No clue. As far as I can tell, it's just an abstract design like the other japanacorps. Renraku is a fractal, MCT is... some kind of spirograph?

Is there a non-hamfisting way to make your players consider multiple options for a run? Mine tend to always go for the most straightforward way, by which I mean kicking the door down and I don't really want to just kill them.

Have the Johnson or their fixer provide some of the legwork for an alternative solution.

Perhaps the Johnson has access to some ID cards they could use to infiltrate, or the fixer knows where to get the uniforms that the janitorial staff uses.

A few breadcrumbs like that might convince them to not go full Kool-Aid man.

Give them notoriety and public awareness? Have a HTR-grade team wait for them on the other end with strictly non-lethal gear?

Have the Johnson hire them for a run in which the first objective has to be carried out completely hush-hush, with no fatalities and no being outed as a runner. When the shit hits the fan, for example when the party they're running against realizes that something is missing, only then are they allowed to use lethal force.
The reason for this could be as simple as public visibility - the outside of the facility or building is visible to the public, and the Johnson doesn't want the runners to be the aggressors or to be exposed just in case they get traced back to them and hurt their reputation. Alternately, the streets surrounding a cordoned-off objective are patrolled by Lone Star/Knight Errant, and the Johnson's company doesn't want to get in hot water in case they're arrested - corpsec shoots to kill and doesn't keep records of fatalities, while Lone Star and KE keep records for the local government that usually contracts them.
The run could be a way to humiliate the other party, and thus shouldn't look too brutal simply because it's intended to be public - the runners might even have to use less-than-lethal ammo on the way out.
The corp might recently have gotten a reputation for unreasonable brutality, and wants to fix its reputation among runners as well as the general public by not being suspected in yet another bloodbath.
The corp might simply be out of its depth in the area (think Wuxing in Japan) and knows that all the other corps will find out who's behind the run. They're keeping it nonlethal so that the other corps have as little of an excuse as possible to come down on them like a ton of bricks.
The runners have to go completely and utterly hush-hush, keeping everything deniable, and can thus only kill or even draw weapons in areas without surveillance.

Dudes, why can't I download the PDF for new gms in pastebin

Dunno, came up fine for me.

I've attached it to this post for you.

Much appreciated bro.

Okay lads so I want to close a story arc tomorrow.

My runners (decker, razorboy, street sam and face/medic) were hired exclusively by a NeoNET Johnson who has gone pretty much rogue with her hierarchy over the CFD issue, to the point of having the runners (still on NeoNET payroll) killing her would-be overseer.

Tomorrow is supposed to be payday for them but I would find it funnier if there was complications. Complications in the form of the company not being very fond of one of its executives in Europe and not wanting to use the soft method anymore.

The players have worked the last months on getting more and more stuff to uncover the business behind the CFD, which incriminates directly the UCAS branch of NeoNET, but potentially gives Villiers an edge over Celedyr.

So, in the end, it will be mostly NeoNET VS NeoNET, and the runners in the crossfire as they try to escape. What do you think would be interesting to put in the mission ? Of course the whole point of the mission is getting out of there with the most valuables, but also to deal with the aftermath (are they going to go back home like nothing happened, are they going to hide out, are they going to look for protection ?). But what could be found inside the big research center ?

Nanite-Enhanced Soldiers that act as one giant AI collective.
Said collective could be partially corrupted, so there's moments where it'll blurt out an ad or start playing music or some shit like that, but for the most part, highly erratic but equally dangerous.

Also, AI is slightly self-aware of what's going on and wants to die to end it's own suffering.

Null sweat, chummer.

>But what could be found inside the big research center?

A CFD-infected dragon
The missing First Coin of Luck
A cure for CFD
A CFD nanite fabricator

Well, the cure for CFD was what the runners were fetching things for - mostly trough retro-engineering. I'll try to get them extract the dolphin with an implanted nanite-hacking device they kidnapped once, tho.

However, I'm stealing the following
>CFD-infected dragon
>CFD-infected nanite soldiers
>significant data in order to make a CFD cure

Maybe involving Miles Lanier, on one side or another, or even going in to grab the cure before Celedyr's goons get it.

How neon is your runner /srg/?

Doesn't CFD require 'ware, which Dragons can't have?

1/10. Her eyes are kinda pinkish, thanks to Albino. Unless white hair counts for neon.

Have some more neon.

It does, good call.

Shame.

Panic Room is FREE (But costs LP) if you've got a high lifestyle. Otherwise you just need to pay the monetary cost.
Drone weapon rules are kind of janky at the moment, we're struggling a bit with getting the Rigger 5.0 rules integrated properly. Should work if you use Weapon Mount Type (Heavy).
Multiple interested parties who want the same thing, accomplished in different ways. Gives the players options on a direction to take.
Eilohann is/was the only dragon who had successfully installed a functioning datajack. He flatlined during Crash 2.0 and became an e-ghost. Celedyr tried to use CFD-nanites to return him to his body.

Runner? 1/10.

His Shin-Hyung? 11/10.

It's a good explanation for why they'd be keeping it in a secret research base.

No, it doesn't. Chrome helps speed infection or cause infection in the first place, but CFD can work on pure meat. Lockdown has all the rules, and descriptions of unaugmented getting infected.

I'd wager that they would probably keep it at Celedyr's lab in the UCAS, and given my players are in GeMiTo it's not really plausible.

However, it could be Alamais' body given the robocop treatment.

>Panic Room is FREE (But costs LP) if you've got a high lifestyle. Otherwise you just need to pay the monetary cost.

I don't think I'd ever actually get that from the text in Run Faster. Pretty sure I only knew it worked that way thanks to Chummer5 and Herolab.

Also, glad to see you joining in on the fun that is catgirlposting.

>but CFD can work on pure meat.

Yeah, that's what I thought. The only thing that keeps you immune is HMHVV, right?

>Yeah, that's what I thought. The only thing that keeps you immune is HMHVV, right?

Yeah. Stolen Souls has the extensive testing done by Butch. If you already have HMHVV, you're fine. If you get infected with both at about the same time, you die. No results on what happens if you Infect a headcase (the test subjects escaped). Here's the proof that non-augmented can get infected, though, pg. 16

>NANITES ON A NON-AUGMENTED HOST
>The CFD virus is universally contagious, though the closer you are to having nanites inside of you, the greater your risk. Non-augmented subjects are infected through most tested vectors of nanite distribution. Non-augmented hosts fail infection through proximity vector unless “clean” nanites are injected into the subjects system. “Clean” nanites are difficult to verify, as I have yet to discover a way to detect the virus within the nanite population. Onset rates vary. H. sapiens pumilionis (dwarf) subjects display a statistically significant delay in onset effects, while H. sapiens ingentis (trolls) display more rapid onset rates.

Advanced lifestyles are weird; the idea is that if you meet the minimum lifestyle requirement, you don't have to pay for the monthly cost. If there are specific other costs that are specified then you still have to pay for them, but it's mostly abstracted.

>If you already have HMHVV, you're fine.

For a given value of 'fine'.

Honestly advanced lifestyles are something that seems good in theory but the rules are kind of a hot mess.

Was there a word on how to treat some of the splatbook drones after Rigger 5 came out? Hard Targets mentions a couple drones that probably should be anthro, and I was wondering if anything that has two arms also has a physical condition monitor now.

Rigger 5 has some fucking horrible rules. Don't expect a lot of clarity about anthroform drones

Tell me everything you know about UV hosts.

UV hosts are a myth and there is no such thing as the foundation.

Kriss, we need to talk...

On second thought, this has to be parody, it's just too perfect in its ludicrousness.

Hey /srg/, I need all the pictures of deadly looking drones and/or overwhelming amounts of surveillance drones for school reasons.

I mean Shadowrun drones specifically, though I guess I'll take other ones.

>good in theory but the rules are kind of a hot mess

This applies to most of SR5, to be frank.

>for school reasons

... what exactly does that mean?

It's from DeviantArt. I'm looking over his page, some of his designs are alright. A few interesting drones.

>... what exactly does that mean?
It means I'm putting them in a presentation for school. Some of them at least. Also carries the implication that they should probably be school appropriate.

Whooooops. How'd that get there?
Here's some actual drones.