OotS 10345: Ringing Victory

This should satisfy the WORDS fags.

My Thog edit for the last strip, which I couldn't get in in time before the thread archived.

Just thinking the exact same.

First thog of the thread

Why haven't the women of this comic simply won already? I feel like The Giant is sexist for using a game where women don't have inherent bonuses.

So she gave him her Ring of Water Breathing?

I hope she has a plan that doesn't involve drowning herself to save him.

Can she breathe underwater because of her paladin mount?

Women can breath underwater already.
Jacuzzi blowjobs and all.

>she
Wait, that's a woman?

Her torso is curved, suggesting breasts. Plus she's the paladin with a dolphin mount back from the siege of Azure City

Couldn't they just take turns wearing it until it's safe to come out?

Shark, actually. Its name is Razor.

she takes her ring of water breathing and puts it on him

notice she starts holding her breath afterwards

Her childhood at the waterfront have presumably given her some practice diving.
I hope

I really like just the last three panels. basically just epitomizes most webcomics
>fuck yeah, this gon be gud
>uh...wtf is this shit
>fuck this I have better shit to do

because the most powerful player character is of an unknown gender and thus V will forever be in a state where xe never completely loses nor completely wins, duh

not to mention Monster in the Darkness as one of the main antagonists is also in the permanent state of xe

Good catch.

But xe could be male, therefor sexism

Hence why they're in a quantum state between success and failure at all times.

Not enough words.

ever notice how now that he puts in a token low words episode all the shills are out in full force trying to claim its the greatest masterpiece ever?

Gotta do everything it takes to sell an OotS subscription I guess...

Okay, I can sort of see how OotS is Veeky Forums-related, but what's up with all these "sexism" debates? They're everywhere like it's some hot new in-joke and it's starting to get really old.

umm... could you like, not? /pol/ is that way

My point exactly. Why are people going on about it here?

Someone opened a basic dialogue about equality, EVERYTHING has to be examined for gender bias, relax. We're not here to take away your make believe.

pretty sure that is what is going on.

Traditional Veeky Forums sarcasm and being annoyed at dipshits trying to make us feel guilty for gaming.

There's extra salt lately because there's a brigade of puritan leftist assholes around who hate fun as much as the Satanic Panic assholes did in the 80s.

Yes, Christ forbid anything with a visual component happen in a visual format.
Finally, one comic in the last, what - twenty? - justified this being presented in something other than radio drama format.

>Boy, I sure do hate when SJW's ruin threads
>How can I show that?
>I know, I'll pretend to be one and ruin threads myself!

Anons getting their jollies by pretending to be retarded, news at 11.

A lot of people on Veeky Forums have bought into this myth the Es-Jay-Dubyas are corrupting everything we like. So trolls and people sincerely afraid like to bait arguments about muh sexism and muh diversity.

You know people can generally be entertained in these threads by pretending to be retarded, like back when I made the trollsona of 10 wpm user.

Its not really a myth.

Oh, okay, just trolling then. Thank you user, I'll try to ignore it from now on.

SILENCESILENCESILENCESILENCE

It really is. Yeah, the Twitter left is shouting about stupid crap like they always do, but it's not like they've gotten any real ground. Outside of a few cringey, shameless diversity grabs from WotC or Bioware, those dang dirty SJWs are not having any real impact. It's not like they're protesting outside of your FLGS or anything.

Yeah, the Soc-Jus scene is annoying. But people on Veeky Forums screaming REEEEEE whenever a character who isn't a straight white guy gets the spotlight is just as bad.

>puritan leftist

today on oxymorons

>but it's not like they've gotten any real ground.
>any real impact
>Outside of a few cringey, shameless diversity grabs

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. If you want to say they've made only moderate alterations, that's fine, but you're kidding me if you were to argue they're nonexistent.

So yeah, I just had to correct that bit about you claiming its a myth.

>But people on Veeky Forums screaming REEEEEE

Lets remember Roy was black decades before all this happened, quit deflecting.

But more relevantly, nobody cares about the SJWs or anti SJWs screaming REEEE, people care about alterations to the game to appease the puritans.

I happen to be someone who was grievously pissed off when the SJW's spiritual ancestors resulted in the whole demon->tanar'ri, god->power, statted god->avatar, etc. capitulation, so lets not pretend any of this is new.

Gamers don't respond well to philistines intruding on the hobby, and this is in no way new.

>today on oxymorons

today on people incapable of critical self examination

Nah, the American left definitely has an element that judges people harshly for having the "wrong" sort of fun, including such fun things as Amish-style shunning of anyone who expresses a contrary opinion.

That's why I used "left" instead of "liberal" in the first place. They're certainly the first but not the second.

The myth isn't the SJWS are instigating some kind of change. The myth is we're at some kind of event horizon where Veeky Forums stuff is about to become some soc jus hugbox for normies. There's always some kind of change done at the behest of one group or another, but traditional games still remain fairly true to its core.

>Lets remember Roy was black decades before all this happened, quit deflecting.
If OotS started right now, I can guarantee you people would be mad about that. People here lately have this weird, knee-jerk reaction to assume any non-white character in new media is a diversity ploy. Just look at any archived /swg/ before The Force Awakens came out.

>. The myth is we're at some kind of event horizon where Veeky Forums stuff is about to become some soc jus hugbox for normies.

Oh ok. Fortunately nobody here believes that, nor likely will I ever run into such a person, so glad the myth is busted.

>People here lately have this weird, knee-jerk reaction to assume any non-white character in new media is a diversity ploy.

You mean when its 100% confirmed that the person making the casting call has as part of his agenda to hire people on the basis of race, people quite rightly may take a dim view of that? Sure, its good and just to call out confirmed diversity quotas, etc.

And for the record, if you were to say something like TFA was a great movie, very entertaining, Finn was well played, the anti TFA trolls were annoying, etc, etc. I would agree with you.

But we have Word of God on this one, so I gotta disagree with you. All other convos I've had on Veeky Forums about TFA were in favor of it (because you're the first I've seen to specifically contradict JJ Abram's own perspective on why he does this), if you're wondering.

>implying there's literally anything wrong with choosing actors on the basis of race

Yes, Christ forbid anything written happen in a written format

I've been conditioning various black people to react to "person of color" the same way they would react to "colored", and even got a fight started when I told a black guy that POC stood for "Picker of cotton".

Keep up the good work user.

Hiring actors to match the role is fine

Hiring actors out of some stupid idea that every film or TV show needs to be MJ's "We are the World" is fucking retarded

"Conditioning". Please, there's barely anything to do, since anyone with a brain can see that it's the same damn thing, only done in way to make whitey feel better about using it. But it's still being used in the same damn way; to denote that there is something different with that person that may or may not be savory.

So... do paladins get an ability that keeps them from freezing to death, or is that an effect of the ring?

the guy has a magic cloak I think, and the ring also allows the wearer to resist cold. they were talking about that when the comic cut to them

>did not include infinity words
>suddenly people can't tell that they are swapping the ring repeatedly

>do paladins get an ability that keeps them from freezing to death, or is that an effect of the ring?

They mentioned it in a previous strip. I think one of them cast Endure Elements, and the other has a cloak that gives the same effect.

GLUB GLUB GLUB

That was you?

That reply was far too fast. There's no way you could be 10 wpm user.

Yep.

wouldn't your lungs be filled with water as soon as you took the ring off, or something

it uses 3e which heavily encourages a literalist interpretations of the rules vs how most editions largely leave it up to the DM to make more logical

They're both high level Paladins. Each one of them can hold their breath for at least 60-90 seconds without any ill effects. O'Chul, who has been verified as having an ungodly Con score can likely hold it twice that long.

So I'm usually one of the people shouting 'too-many-words'. But these threads remind me that most of OOTS's audience cannot into visual cues.

Much as it annoys me, maybe there's a reason Rich feels compelled to spell everything out.

>OotS subscription

What would that get you?
An apology for a hand that was hurt 4 years ago?
Consistent updates?
An extra special word of your choice added to a comic?

This is a common idea, actually, and happens frequently outside of the internet.

For example: In a recent press release the director of governmental affairs of the American Family Association, Sandy Rios, said her organization was paying men to very loudly and very publicly enter women's restrooms and make nuisances of themselves, and to claim a trans identity while they did so to draw attention to the whole 'bathroom laws' thing.