Why would anyone use Bitcoin as a digital currency (not store of value) instead of pic related?

Why would anyone use Bitcoin as a digital currency (not store of value) instead of pic related?

>faster
>diminishing fees
>insanely private
>auditable

Too edgy for normies, which we forget are 99.9% of people.
unfortunately most people just cant handle the brilliance of Monero.

small if true

>can be compromised

First rule of privacy coins is only bother with secure privacy coins.

because i don't think it has a future in the regulatory world. it does not fit in with AML. we are moving towards a world where regulation is required to operate in the mainstream. while monero can always be used in the darkweb and has a use, normal people and regulators will enure that it will not be adopted en mass.

So why is cash mainstream? You cant track cash either

cash is a archaic legacy product before the digital age. it was a necessary stepping stone of civilization. if lawmakers could they would ban physical cash. for now they'll settle for regulating physical cash because the infrastructure for an all digital economy is not here yet.

Which means that it's the only true cryptocurrency.

crypto currency does not mean it has to be anonymous, crypto currency merely means it's secured use cryptography.

monero will uranus next year, when the next alt cycle creates lots of wealthy people eager to diversify into something other than bitcoin. the only question is what percentage off their portfolio should be monero. right now people are looking for max gains, in 6 months people will be looking to secure their gains.

This argument is tired and demonstrates your complete lack of knowledge of politics, finance and law. Congratulations, you're a simple minded idiot. Feel free to continue to parrot this argument all you want if it makes you feel better. I'll be ignoring you while I accumulate more Monero

you have not presented an argument yourself mate.

while mine is simple. monero fundamentally clashes with AML laws, one has to give way for another. either monero complies and ruins it's only selling point or we rewrite the money laundering laws.

imagine being this guy

holy shit

imagine not having an argument.

can you guys not take constructive criticism or something? i'm not even being toxic or name calling here.

The problem I'm having with Monero right now is its shitty cold storage system. Yeah I could print off a wallet, but in order to verify my funds are even fucking there I have to make the wallet hot (completely ruining the point of cold storage) or take like 10 fucking steps and manually add up each and every transaction that has been sent to that address and hope that I got it right or that they've even arrived.

Seriously, is this ever going to improve?

>doesnt know what a view key is

The whole idea of cryptocurrency is to break out of those regulations. World is slowly moving towards global scale of decentralization, because people are getting tired of single points of failures and power creep.

I have the view key and tried using it at xmrchain.net and it doesn't show me anything.

>scammy devs
>amateur level cryptography according to Snowden
>already redundant due to mimblewimble
>will actually be the first coin banned worldwide once governments understand the use case

Don't believe the hype, OP. XMR is just another shitcoin

Show me where I can view my balance while keeping my wallet cold! REEEEEEE

get your shit together and work with trezor on implementation !

"Hey CPA, here's my view key and all key images for spending from last quarter"

done. such a lazy argument lol.

not how that works

xmrchain will let you use your pubaddr / viewkey to reveal your monero in the tx you're looking at. There isn't a website that'll traverse the chain with your key and show you shit. Unless you're using mymonero.com

So there is literally no way to verify a cold wallet without making it hot. I just want to view the final balance.

is now a good time to buy a few? feels a bit pricey but worried it'll continue to go up from here withotu any significant dips. Thoughts?

Cryptocurrency literally means "hidden money" therefore monero is the one true cryptocurrency aka THE KING

Just buy for long term. In a couple of years it wont matter too much if you bought at 160 or 190

monero has 2 keys private key and view key. View key allows you to view all incoming transactions without exposing private keys. Good for audits and cold signing transactions

I hold only Bitcoin and Monero and am looking to exit Monero actually. I'm waiting for the next minor Monero moon and cheap Bitcoin then back to 100% Bitcoin.

Take that as you will.

Okay how do I use the view key so I can actually see the amount being sent? Why isn't there just a simple way to check the final balance without making the wallet hot?

Why not xvg:D

yeah you're right. thanks

There isn't, and running a view-only wallet won't make it hot. There's no spend key on disk to actually be able to spend.

Either run a view-only or stop being a retard and learn to count how many you've sent there.

Good meme.

there is. you just have to do some research yourself faggot. go to the monero stack exchange and read up. I will give you an outline of my process though.

> generate wallet on airgapped computer
> write down and store seed
> copy address and view key to online computer
> open the view key with the wallet software

note: viewkey can only show incoming txns atm