Ryukuza Quest: Protector of Smiles and Youkai Hunter

Stage 121: Heart and Mind are the Same Thing.

Sending Yuuhi-chan to join your family at their early supper, you walk silently to where your priestess prays alone. At least, she ~looks~ like she's praying; truth be told she may just be sitting and trying not to think of what she may have done.

The Temple of Ryujin Owatatsumi on Mikimoto Pearl Island is dark when the doors are closed. There are some vents near the ceiling for air circulation, but they don't let that much light in because of the overhang of the roof. As a result, the many candles here are what gives the room a warm, golden glow which is emphasized by the dark wood the building is constructed from and the lighter paneling on the inside. Most spirit children have better eyesight than humans, and you can see in the dark entirely, while Yui-chan's eyes literally glow, so it's not like truly dark in here.

Yet looking at Kiku-chan, you get the sense she would be perfectly at home in a dark room, curled up on a bed and hugging her knees.

It really is understandable. If you understood the point of her sending you to meet your blood-relative Ryuu Nabiki, it was to understand what dealing with powerful, dangerous youkai could do to a person. It almost entirely destroyed Nabiki; she was shell of her former self inhabited by a living, breathing curse that was the youkai of Aokigahara. You brought Nabiki back to life – to existence – by sacrificing A Wish-Granting Jewel, a true relic of the heavens which rebuilt her pearl and granted her the birthright she'd been robbed of. You're pretty sure that wasn't what was supposed to happen, but they say demigods can change reality and alter fate so you put it to the test.

Test so far successful, but that doesn't mean that Kiku-chan is going to simply be relieved right away. It was an exceptionally dangerous thing to do; without the immortality your wife assisted you in achieving, you would be dead right now.

That thought brings you up short.

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/46901221/
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/37879167/
pastebin.com/Z53TyK0N
pastebin.com/rZLwzvGx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

B-b-but XS, it's t-tuesday!

Take it to the quest board.

It is easy to casually dismiss your mortality now, because you've survived so often. But you're not unkillable; both Inau-kun and Er Yin sensei have made very certain you understand how easy it is to kill you under certain circumstances, and a lot of those are easily achieved in the fights you get into. In this case, specifically if you had failed to grant your sister her rebirth, you would be dead – truly, irrevocably dead, because all it would have taken is the youkai devouring your body to render you dead.

You may have to be a lot more careful about such things in the future.

Sobered by your recognition of the mortality you do still have, you approach your priestess. You're right, she isn't exactly praying. Her fists are clenched on her thighs as she sits seiza, and she gritting her teeth hard, eyes tightly shut though you don't think she's crying. Her blood is hot, though not quite boiling. It's pretty obvious she's already told the others she wishes to be alone, but you're not just anybody. It's also very unlikely that Er Yin told her anything, which you're half appreciative of. You think.

[] Sit next to her casually, and wait for her to notice you.
[] Warm hugs from behind.
[] Kneel next to her and say a few more prayers.
[] Sit to one side behind her politely, but start telling her what happened.
[] ….this might need some private time; take her somewhere the two of you won't be bothered.

>[] Warm hugs from behind.

You might wanna throw this up on twitter boss.

Twitter: @XsQuestmistress

Previous Thread: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/46901221/

Interlude: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/37879167/

Threads in Chronological Order, including writeups by XS : pastebin.com/Z53TyK0N
or search for Title: Ryukuza on Suptg

Barrier Combat Guide: pastebin.com/rZLwzvGx

>The Ninigi, Japan's Imperial Treasures.

Yata-no-Kagami - Eight Hand Mirror (bronze mirror), the Mirror of Wisdom.

Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi, once called Ame-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi, the Sword of Valor.

Yasakani-no-Magatama , the Jewel of Benevolence.

~~
>Ryukusa's Treasures

Her name: Ryuu Yorihokura

Eight hundred and sixty-two cat youkai live in your aura

Matagama-no-Shitoki, a kami in it's own right that protects Ryukusa from inimical magic.

Ame-no-Omukade-no-Musume – Ryukusa's mukade possessed wakizashi; a kami. “Daughter of my Centipede of Rain.”

Gendai-no-Muteki-no-Buki - Invincible Weapon of the Present Age, a secret kami-blade given to Ryukusa by Wakaba that appears to be made of some alloy of titanium.

Seido no Shinpi-tekina Ken – a mysterious bronze sword given to Ryukusa by the mermaids of Japan.

Go Yūrei no Rensa, the Five-Ghost-Chain, used to summon or send messages to your (actual) older sister Ryuu Nabiki.

Ryukusa's Family.

>Talismans:
Akari – Centipede
Er Yin – Scorpion
Kiki – Toad
Kiku – Lizard
Yui – Snake

Ryu Ryukusa is tall at 5' 8", but this becomes 6' in her true form. She is fully grown. Lesbian top.
Kiku is 5' 1" for ever and ever. Lesbian submissive.
Akari is 5' 3", and has another few inches to grow. Sexuality is weird, switch, cosplayer.
Yui is 5' 8" and will only grow due to circumstances beyond her control. Dyke, switch.
Kiki is 5' 6", and is at full growth. Bisexual bottom.
Er Yin is the tallest at 5' 10" and is fully grown. Lesbian dominant.
Jinyuu is 5' 7" but persistently hovers an extra three inches above the ground or floor because of her nature as a seer. Straight.
Hinata-hakase is 6' 3". Sexuality is terrifying.
Hidesato is 5' 5". Straight.
Kushinada is 5' 8". Straighter.
Taisho Ryoga is 5' 9". Who knows.
Hyun Chisato is 5' 4”, and is fully grown. Lolicon with plausible deniability.
Rie is 8” tall or 5' 5”, and is fully cat. Her sexuality is cat.
Hagyu Genso is 12' 5” standing upright. He is by and large gay.
Mizumi Shoko is 7' 2”, is fully grown. Bisexual top.
Yuuhi is 4'11” and is fully grown. Yuuhi a cute.
Tokei Isusangi, Inau-kun is 5' 3” and still confused.
Reiha is 5' 5 1/2”, and is milfy.
Peta is 3' 2”. Peta is \>.

This desu

Thanks. Insomnia threw me off, and I need writing therapy.

>[] ….this might need some private time; take her somewhere the two of you won't be bothered.

Fuck, I'm late because I didn't expect a quest today!
>[x] Sit next to her casually, and wait for her to notice you.

>[] Kneel next to her and say a few more prayers.

>[] ….this might need some private time; take her somewhere the two of you won't be bothered.

Damnit you said tomorrow!

Wait user, you mean...yesterday, she said tomorrow?

two days ago she said wednesday

>[x] Warm hugs from behind.
>[x] Kneel next to her and say a few more prayers.

I have been suffering through a bout of insomnia. when you are up for 3 days, it becomes somewhat difficult to recall what exactly the day is. My apologies.

But it's nice to see you anyways.

I don't mind earlier Ryukusa, so don't worry about it!

Eh no worries, just means I gotta explain some weird shit to my coworkers when they start looking over my shoulder

Calm your tits /qst/ is still in trial mode.

sorry miss quote.

Can never go wrong with those

>[X] Warm hugs from behind.
Feels like it might be inappropriate but whatever.

What could be inappropriate about hugging one of our wives user?

This is Ryukuza Quest. hugging, handholding, petting, and chaste kisses are never inappropriate. The real kicker is that Ryukusa always knows when they are actually needed based on the options given to us.

[XXX] Warm hugs from behind.
[XX] ….this might need some private time; take her somewhere the two of you won't be bothered.
[X] Kneel next to her and say a few more prayers.

You settle down behind her, her tail curling up and out of your way even as you approach letting you know she's fully aware of your presence. You settle with her between your legs as you kneel in a spread-legged seiza position, and you wrap your arms about her shoulders, leaning forward. Placing a kiss on that impossibly soft red silk she calls hair, you simply hold her close, eyes half-closed and relaxing.

You do say several prayers: thanks to Kuraokami for his choice of repayment for Yui-niji-chan's pain; to your sister and Aokigahara itself, for their peace and the appeasement of their hungers; to Amaterasu-Omikami and Rie-sama, for watching out for you and yours. You take your time with them, but even that isn't very long. You're not particularly good at silent prayer.

It's not exactly easy to remain quiet for a while either, allowing Kiku-chan to process whatever strange mixture of emotions that the thought of you meeting your possessed elder sister brought out. Despite the fact that what probably should have happened was something that was meant to happen, something only you could do without world-shaking repercussions (in a very literal sense; the death of Aokigahara might have required a volcanic eruption or a massive earthquake), that doesn't necessarily make it any easier on the ones who bear that guilt, priestess or no.

Maintaining your hug with one hand, you stroke her soft hair with the other, until steam starts to rise from her closed eyes and she begins to shudder in your gentle grasp. You move around her, and pick her up; she does not struggle or resist as you child-carry her against your body, her arms sliding to hug tight around your neck.

A momentary ocean fog sweeps over Mikimoto Island, and Inau-kun silently takes up door guard duty; you don't protest even though she's injured because you don't think there will be further trouble. The fog protects you and Kiku-chan from being noticed as you slip from the temple and leap to a building, then to the top of the wall, returning to the private beach where there are no prying eyes and only the ocean waves and wind to hear you and she.

[] Let her cry for a while, though not too long.
[] Tell her there isn't any need to cry at all.
[] Inform her that you like your onee-chan.
[] Tell her loving things as she cries.
[] Just hold her as long as she needs.

>[] Let her cry for a while, though not too long.
>[] Tell her loving things as she cries.
>[] Inform her that you like your onee-chan.

>[x] Let her cry for a while, though not too long.
>[x] Inform her that you like your onee-chan.
>[x] Tell her loving things as she cries.
>[x] Just hold her as long as she needs.

>[] Just hold her as long as she needs.

>[x] Tell her loving things as she cries.
>[x] Just hold her as long as she needs.
>[x] Inform her that you like your onee-chan.

>[X] Inform her that you like your onee-chan.
>[Y] Just hold her as long as she needs.
>[Z] Tell her loving things as she cries.

>[X] Inform her that you like your onee-chan.
>[X] Just hold her as long as she needs.

It's a good onee-chan. I hope Jinyuu won't get jealous.

But Jinyuu is still Onee-sama.

Well, I didn't say the jealousy would be warranted!

Ryukuza Quest! Yay!

Holy crap I'm late.

Hope you'll feel better soon, XS

[] Just hold her as long as she needs.
[] Tell her loving things as she cries.
[] Tell her there isn't any need to cry at all.

[X] Let her cry for a while, though not too long.
[XX] Tell her loving things as she cries.
[XX] Just hold her as long as she needs.
[XXX] Inform her that you like your onee-chan.

You settle into the sand, leaving the fog to disperse more naturally, still holding your delicate priestess. She is shivering in your arms, and not because she is cold; you whisper that you are here for her, as long as she needs you, that you will watch over and protect her, not only from those who mean her and hers harm but to ensure that she is respected and revered as a priestess should be. She is your bright spark in the darkness, the flame that guides you and your family on the path to living well. She is the mother of your child, and will one day be teaching your sons and daughters their rightful places in this world and the next.

Her shivering tears devolve into hitching, gasping cries of anguish, and you hold her still, allowing her to relive herself of the pain she's been hiding. The crying is so intense that her boiling tears come too quickly to evaporate, wetting your shoulder.

When she shows no sight of stopping or slowing down, you gently pull her from your shoulder and set her on the ground. Her legs tremble a little, and her tail is a limp length of gold and red, but she tries to choke back her sobs a bit. Seriously, you gently use your thumbs to wipe away her tears, looking into the soft golden eyes of your beloved priestess with your own sapphire ones. Your tail, however, slides up her leg, to wrap lightly along her back, hugging her in place of your arms as she lifts a sleeve to her Cupid's-bow lips. She hiccups softly, her sticky lashes fluttering.

“I like my onee-san,” you whisper softly, smoothing damp locks of hair from her forehead, gently stoking her brow. She looks down, her eyes steaming again. “I didn't like Aokigahara so much, though. She seemed nice enough, but she wasn't my sister.”

Even devastated and despondent, her mind is faster on the uptake than you might like. “What did you do, baka-aniki?” she whispers the delicate dragon as you smile at her gently.

[] Well....I only died a little bit....
[] There was this youkai, you see, and....
[] Don't obfuscate, you like having hair.
[] I bought a new onee-chan, very expense.
[] I didn't like seeing you so sad....

>[] Don't obfuscate, you like having hair.
>[] Gin-Gin is already planning my punishment

Holyshit captcha pills and capsules are not candy

>[] I bought a new onee-chan, very expense.
>[] I didn't like seeing you so sad....

>[x] Well....I only died a little bit....
>[x] I didn't like seeing you so sad....

>[x] Don't obfuscate, you like having hair.
>[x] I bought a new onee-chan, very expense.
>[x] I didn't like seeing you so sad....

But the candy in the medicine cabinet is the only way I can feel happy.

>[] I bought a new onee-chan, very expense.

>[X] There was this youkai, you see, and....
>[X] I bought a new onee-chan, very expensive.

I don't really think Kiku being sad factored into the decision to save Nabiki. Just "this is my onee-chan, but it isn't really so I'll fix this."

>[X] I didn't like seeing you so sad....
>So
>[X] I bought a new onee-chan, very expense.

mmm this was to jokey changing to
>[X] There was this youkai, you see, and....
>[X] I bought a new onee-chan, very expense.
>I got killed but I did not die...

>her mind is faster on the uptake than you might like

C'mon, Ryukusa, you love your smart wife-priestess

>Well, you see, when a priestess and a demigoddess dragonette like each others a lot...

>[] Gin-Gin is already planning my punishment

>I had to help my sister.

Eh, I don't think making Kiku not sad was the main motivator

[XXX] Don't obfuscate, you like having hair.
[XXX] I bought a new onee-chan, very expense.
[X] I didn't like seeing you so sad....
[+] Well, when two dragonettes....
[+] I wanted to help Nabiki....
[+] Gin Gin is gonna beat me silly.

You spend a small eternity deciding how you want to answer her. Usually being facetious isn't annoying to the temperamental dragonette, but this evening she seems a little more touchy, a little less together than usual. Not that you blame her after dealing with the spirit of Aokigahara. It might have been years, even decades ago, but the Forest of Suicides left a mark upon her and Er Yin alike. One that you hope you've removed the stain of.

“Well, if you would like me to be technical, when two dragonettes love each....” The narrowing of her eyes is not merely irritation – it's a threat. She is REALLY touchy at the moment. You sigh and gently straighten out her dress, looking down. “I bought a new onee-chan with the most expensive jewel I owned, my love. As I said, I didn't much like the youkai....but I found the parts of my sister that remained worth trying to save.”

Her eyes widen slowly, her pupils spreading.

“You were in such turmoil, and I didn't understand what it was you had sent me to do. So I did what I thought was the right thing to do. So, I helped my sister by using the Wishing Jewel to make her into what she should have been.” You smile and shrug a little. “It did kill me, to an extent, or at least the ghosts did. Your master is very upset at me, and I think I've earned a spanking.”

Kiku-chan is still staring at you, and it's becoming a little unnerving.

Rising up a little, you kiss her forehead gently, holding her soft hair out of the way. “I cannot help what I am. You, my wife, Akari, Yui, Er Yin....you all make me what and who I am. I couldn't let her languish, and I couldn't let the forest live on in such a way. So I solved it with what tools I had available. It just....worked better than I thought it might.” Lowering your hands to your thighs, you smile faintly. “So, now I have my older sister back.” You blink. “As a demigod. Who rules Aokigahara. Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Every time I believe that my understanding of you is full, you make a fool out of me, aniki,” she says softly, her eyes brimming but not yet steaming. “You continually make this old worm regret her stupidity and her foolishness. I do not deserve to serve you, but I could not wish for a....a service so fulfilling and true.”

You keep forgetting how ~old~ Kiku-chan is.

[] It is my pleasure to serve, Kiku.
[] We learn from one another, you and I.
[] Hugs tiem!
[] You're flattering me.
[] It is who I am, nothing more or less.

There will be a delay of about an hour or so, maybe 1 1/2 as I have been required to do an errand. I will return as quickly as possible, so hopefully it will be less time.

My apologies.

>[] It is my pleasure to serve, Kiku.
>[] We learn from one another, you and I.
>[] Hugs tiem!

>[x] It is my pleasure to serve, Kiku.
>[x] We learn from one another, you and I.
>[x] Hugs tiem!
>[x] It is who I am, nothing more or less

>[] Hugs tiem!

>[] You're flattering me.

>[] Hugs tiem!

>[x] It is my pleasure to serve, Kiku.
>[x] Hugs tiem!
D'awwww

>[X] You're flattering me.
>[X] Hugs tiem!

>[] Hugs tiem!

>Never, ever think you don't deserve me, or that you -have- to deserve me. I won't let the mother of my child think that of herself.

Important!

>We should learn to understand each other better.

>Maybe when Er Yin-sensei is punishing us~

>I won't let the mother of my child think that of herself.
You're getting Kiki and Kiku mixed up, user.

No, they are both pregnant with Ryukusa's children.

[] You're flattering me.
[] Hugs tiem!
>[] Thank you. I needed the knowledge and understanding I gained from this as well. Just tell me next time you want to set me up with a sentient ghost-filled forest~

[] We learn from one another, you and I.
[] Hugs tiem!

>[] Hugs tiem!

>Never, ever think you don't deserve me, or that you -have- to deserve me. I won't let the mother of my child, my beloved and my friend think that of herself.

Important!

>We should learn to understand each other better.

>Maybe when Er Yin-sensei is punishing us~

I am back, writing.

Welcome back XS!

Good enough. I vote this.

[XXX] Hugs tiem!
[XX] We learn from one another, you and I.
[X] It is my pleasure to serve, Kiku.
[x] You're flattering me.
[x] It is who I am, nothing more or less.
[+] Thank you for the teaching, but plz, no blind dates!
[+] You deserve me....and we can learn together at Gin-Gin's feet.

[X] All these small truths are large together.

You smile and shake your head. “You and I learn from each other in ways the others don't, Kiku-chan. Even when we are not understanding one another, we are learning more.” You slowly take her hands and draw her close, holding her – though making sure her head is against your dry shoulder. “It is my pleasure to serve you, my priestess, and you deserve me as much as I deserve you. You could never earn or demand my service....we deserve one another, were made for one another no less than your sister was for me or my seer was for you. You do not get to think less of yourself just because there are things that happen beyond either of us.”

Rubbing your horn against hers causes her to make a soft, agreeable sound. “Together we have done a great thing; that you claim I did something more than you is flattering, but I do not agree. It is who I am, just as you are who you are. We are heart and mind together, not separate at all. You have taught me that.” You draw back, and she gazes at you, smiling and red-cheeked. “Just warn me next time you set me up with a forest pretending to be my sister.” You draw back further, and her hair waves slightly in the breeze of heat that surrounds her. “There aren't any more like that, are there?” you tease, adding a note of uncertainty to your voice.

THAT makes her hair explode. “Idiot!”

You grab her and hug her tight, rubbing your cheek as she struggles in your arms. “Oh good!” She struggles, rather uselessly and not really all that hard before she gives up, and lets you cuddle her. “We need to get in all the cuddling we can, because I think Er Yin-sensei is going to teach us both lessons. And stop keeping her out of the loop, she almost froze me to death when I told her I ate mermaid flesh.”

She mumbles something into your breasts.

“What?”

“Baka-dragon, you shouldn't spring things like that on her!” Her small hands are clutching your jacket, you note, rather than keeping you at an ineffectual arms length.

“Is that so? I'll remember next time.” She swats you on the back of the head (because you let her) with her tail before she snuggles into your jacket once more. You sit cross legged and she settles into your lap sideways, leaning against you as the sun begins to set. You remain there for a while, enjoying the closeness and warmth of one another's presence.

It is easing into the near-violet of sunset when she speaks.

“Aniki.”

“Yes, Hougyoku?” The name comes unbidden this time, natural and easily.

“Will you still see the kappa.”

[] I haven't much choice.
[] Yes, but I'll be more careful.
[] I am considering.
[] It's being reconsidered.
[] I don't think so.

>[] Yes, but I'll be more careful.

>[x] I am considering.

>[] I am considering.

>[] I am considering.

I'm sorry, who's Hougyoku?

>[] I am considering
>[] I haven't much choice.

A lot more, hopefully.

It's Er Yin's pet name for Kiku.

>[x] Yes, but I'll be more careful.
I think it's going to take more than some paints to pacify an old, angry, bitter kappa.

>[X] Yes, but I'll be more careful.

Right right, brainfart.

Did XS ever explain why Kiku has to lay eggs?

She's too powerful. Not sure exactly why that matters, but apparently it's why.

Wasn't cuz she's too tiny to give birth?

Also what are all of you listening too?

Pretty sure it was was explained that very thread that it was because of how old/powerful a dragonette Kiku is.

It's cute.

[] I am considering.
>[] Er Yin could use healing, if it is available. But Onee-chan let me know more of the Kappa.

>Could you please tell me how my sister was -thankfully temporarily- consumed by the youkai, precisely?

Er Yin's not the only one who needs healing.

>“I think Kiku-chan's baby will be a very lovely little thing, though. I'll have to wait for Er Yin-sensei even longer, since she's injured though.” you muse idly.

>“Ah....Kiku-sensei will be laying an egg, Ryukuza-sama,” murmurs poor Inau-kun. “She's too powerful to carry a spirit-child to term in her body.”

>“I would have thought her size was more important, but....” The words die in on your lips. “What do you mean ~will be~?” Her tenses were odd, and you don't think it was her accent.

>Inau-kun looks down at the water lapping at her toned, pale legs. “Perhaps I should not say, because it is not my place, Ryukusa-sama?” she suggests in a small voice. Your huntress and midwife is still embarrassed as all heaven though.

Ginka is most likely the Kappa 's daughter, and mentioning that we allowed her to be hurt, even accidentally could have terrible consequences.

Okami's OST

If Kiku is too powerful to carry a child, I'd wonder about Ryukusa herself.

She's too powerful to get pregnant.

Huh, Inau was sent to deliver and take care of Kiku's kid?

all of our kids.

That's not how it works, and we promised healing for everyone. Kiku's curse removal included.

Of all our kids