What system do you recommend where my players can create their characters in less than 5-15 minutes?

What system do you recommend where my players can create their characters in less than 5-15 minutes?

Fatal with pre generated characters

Create as in stat out or create as in making an entire character from scratch in 5 minutes?

RISUS.

The system that all your players are extremely familiar with. Seriously, knowing the system is more important for expedience than the system itself.

BECMI. Roll 3d6 six times, make a few adjustments, roll for jewgolds, buy gear, go.

entire character

one that you all know well

see

we are really familiar with dnd 5e but for the same reason we want to try something new and fast

The one you are all familiar with. I can make a 250 point GURPS character in 10 minutes, because I already know what I'm looking for and what most things cost

>2016

>Playing games that need more than 10 min creating character

What slows down your play in 5e? It's already pretty fast, especially compared to other editions of D&D.

Cat.

I didn't want to say it, but FATE Core.
Also Dungeon World/Apocalypse World (you basically have playbooks, so).
And one shot games like Mountain Witch, Ghost Echo, Lasers and feelings.
DnD 5e is also surprisingly easy.

You seem to have posted the wrong Cat RPG book.

Also, I never realized that was an updated version of this.

not saying it is slow but we are tired of the system,we mostly want to play a new game and dont waste hours creating characters, i just want a system where imagination dictates what my character can do so its faster

DnD 5 e is never and will never be as good as DnD 4e or Duneogn World. Both are objectively superior to DnD Next.

Barbarians of Lemuria.

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying 2nd edition.

Dogs in the Vineyard.

Or just make a mish-mash of both.

Or use that so-light-it's-barely-a-RPG Call of Cathulhu.

There's plenty of feline choices for gaming, and they're usually quick with chargen.

Would post more cat (this time in Fate) but file is too large. Have cats instead.

>DnD Next
Hey Virt, still haven't committed suicide yet?

>virt will never kill himself during your lifetime

>someone else is going to have to do the deed for him

Thanks a lot for he reminder... Decided to look him up on YouTube and found a "hey fuck cocks" video he made.....wtf.....

Are there any other good point buy systems out there?

MAID RPG
Roll on a couple tables, get a maid, go be crazy.
get the other maids for a roll on the table

>What system do you recommend where my players can create their characters in less than 5-15 minutes?+ 0 post omitted.
Ryuutama. MAID. Really, almost any Japanese game. Rapid playability is VERY important down there.

>rapid

>ryuutama

>choose your items one by one

Kinda like asking what round's better: 9mm or .45. What matters way more for the pistols is shot placement and familiarity. What matters way more for putting together a character sheet is familiarity with the system. I can put together a character sheet for MiniSix or OpenSix in about fifteen or twenty minutes, but that's because I'm pretty familiar with it. I know another player who can do the same thing with Pathfinder because he knows so little else.

any old school rpg, the most time you are going to spend is buying shit

Fate accelerated

if i remember correcty fate is hard to grasp at first time.

Cypher System.

Choose three things from the list, choose another 2-3 things from another list, allocate your 6 stat points, buy the best armor you can, and go.

It's basically "use your imagination based on your character's background to choose action, roll versus target number."

FAE is about as generically freeform a game can get while still having some structure.

Both FATE and FAE are free so it's not like it's a risk.

For short retarded games, i would like to see something like this but a little bit more complicated

Almost every D&D retroclone counts as well, though it's basically the same process as BECMI.

OP here decided to copy an existing system and make a few tweaks

Name:
Your best skill: d12
Your worst skill:d4
Ability One:d10
Ability two:d8
Everything Else: d6

Everyone is John

FATE could have extremely fast character creation or really slow depending on your definition.
On the one hand, you can start playing with just an idea for a character.
On the other, actually completing characters can take new players a long time if you're creating all their stunts from scratch.

I had a player go several sessions with blank stunt slots because he couldn't decide on what to do with them. That didn't impact the game, though.

PC generators can speed up the process to about that fast for many systems. Though whether or not the players can pick up a working knowledge and understanding of many of those systems in that time frame is another matter entirely.

Ironclaw, omnibus edition

Not far off from Ironclaw, which is like if Savage Worlds didn't suck the 90 game design dick.

It's actually pretty simple. The only truly novel thing about Fate is that everyone gets to make up their own character traits and abilities, and the Fate point economy, which boils down to "Burn points to do use those abilities you invented, gain them back by not being a Mary Sue who always succeeds at everything all the time." Apparently, to the average fa/tg/uy that makes it fucking Heidegger.

That said, the Fate Core book is really shittily written, overexplains everything, and spends way too much time elaborating different options you easily could have guessed on your own (pic related). FAE is mostly just Fate Core with all the fat trimmed off. Or perhaps more of a liposuction, since it ends up being less than 20% the length of Core. The one thing I hate about FAE (And the one major difference between it and Core) is that FAE replaces a fairly standard skillcheck system with a thing called "approaches," where instead of different characters being better than others at certain things, they're better at doing things a certain way. It pisses all over the idea of different party members specializing in different roles (who cares whether you disarm the trap in a "clever" way or a "careful" way?) and I've never been able to figure out what advantage it actually gives you. Also, it plays into Fate's Achilles Heel of being overly reliant on poorly defined contextual crap that leaves a lot of room for interpretation and disagreement. Not a big deal if you're mature adults capable of discussion and compromise, but we are talking about RPG players here.

Oh right, forgot to mention, it's insanely easy to simply replace approaches with skills. It's a great system if you do that

Into the Odd can get you some characters pretty quickly. Make some random rolls and consult the tables. You've got three stats, and don't be afraid of rolling poorly because equipment is also tied into character creation, and the lower you roll the better equipment you can get.

I've just started a game in Savage Worlds and to be honest I'm having a lot of fun with it. Dead simple, and it seems like it's flexible enough that you could run just about any setting in it.

Gurps

Rolemaster

Numenera can get you a character in about fifteen to twenty minutes. It's as simple as "I am a [adjective] [class] who [verb]. Like" I am a graceful jack who rides the lightning" would be an acrobatic rogue who shoots lightning at people. The longest part is reading the options, and even that doesn't take long. Game play is "roll d20 vs TN"

risus

This might help.

And this.

I can come up with a character for d&d 3.5/5 ed.s in less than 10 minutes. They sure as hell won't be super original, but they will be decent. It really depends on knowing the system well.

The only system that matters

Paranoia.
All you need is a general description, a power/ability, and a secret society/overarching goal.
Anything else can be left vague.

Paranoia