A Renegade Chapter Creation thread

Yes yes, its a creation thread, but here me out. I have seen many threads for space marine chapters, Chaos Space Marine warbands, Imperial Guard Regiments, Dark Eldar Kabals, and even a sector.

What I have not seen is a renegade chapter, or Space marine grouping. No, not chaos traitors who 'despise' the chaos gods, real renegade chapters. Your Soul Drinkers(pic related) and Relictors.

I think this is partially because there are no tables(that I know of) for this particular type of Space Marine Force. So, I've taken it upon myself to sort of creat one. A fair amount is simply a combinaton of the Space marine chapter tables and Chaos Space marine Warband Tables from 1d4chan.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Tables

1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine_Warband_Creation_Tables

But I am adding a couple of my own.(feel free to suggest more.

After I have posted them, we shall begin rolling.

Other urls found in this thread:

coolors.co/app/f8f4e3-d4cdc3-d5d0cd-a2a392-9a998c
1d4chan.org/wiki/Renegade_Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Table#Chapter_Origins
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why has this chapter broken ties with the Imperium?(Replaces 'Reason for fall'

- They came to blows with the Imperial Inquisiton for their actions regarding the civilians of a world attacked by the forces of chaos
- They somehow came to discover the power of Chaos tainted weapons, and began using such artifacts. It was not long before they were driven out
- The chapter(s) were plauged by mutations, and became fed up with the treatment of their Chapter(s) by other forces of the Imperium, and chose to strike off on their own
- After discovering the taint of chaos within an Imperial institution they attempted to purge it, but failed and were instead declared traitors themselves, forced to flee from their former allies
- The seeds of their leaving the Imperium were implanted long ago, be it by their founders or another institution, this was always going to happen...
- Cult of Personality:A single Champion within the Chapter(s) whose philosophy and ideals have lead the marines down their own path

Leadership organization(New table)

- Imperial compliant(what was it before they split? ITs still that)
- A new Champion has risen and taken control of the Chapter(s) himself(If cult of peronailty was rolled, this is automatically the organization)
- A new Doctrine: The Chapter(s) have made their own unique Leadership oranization
- Piratical: They are lead by no one but their own champions, this renegade grouop is far more fractured and disorganized than others
- A Split in ideals:This group has several factions within itself that work together, but are lead by their own champions

A few more to come before we roll

Combat Style(Replaces Tactical and strategic organization; and CSM combat doctrine)

- Codex Compliant: Even after their rebellion, they follow the codex astartes
- True Marines: A strong focus on ship to ship and boarding combat in Space
- Overwhelming Force: The group prefers to use much heavy ordnance, be it tanks and other vehicles or heavy weapons
- Rip and Tear!: vicious before their rebellion and vicious now, the group engages often in glorious melee combat
- Silent as the Night: They use stealth and guile to their advantage, striking from the shadows
- The sound of engines: They carry a focus on lightning attacks and raids, using many bikes and other quick vehicles
- Death from the skies: Master Pilots and drop pod assaulters, the group use these tactics to bring death to the foe with Thunderhawk, Stormbird and drop pod

Home Sector(replaces homeworld, all renegade Groups are technically 'Fleet Based')d10

1-3 - Full nomads: They drift aimlessly in the voide, going from sector to sector avoiding destruction, and aquiring what they need to survive
4-6 - Abandoned sector: Formally Imperial Space, abandoned by the Imperium to its fate, they now have a new guardian, in the form of the Angels of Death
6-7 - Xenos Held: A system held by xenos(roll on enemies table and/or minor xenos table 1d3 times) perhaps they now help their former enemies and trade with them, or perhaps nothing has changed, and they are still seen as enemies.
8 - Wild system: A system broken up into multiple different territories(roll 1d3 time on this table, re-rolling this result and true nomads)
9-10 - Imperial held: This group must remain cautious, for they are not welcome here, but have no choice but to remain.

I forgot to add dice rolls to the other ones fuck, doing that now

Why has this Chapter broken ties with the Imperium?

1 - They came to blows with the Imperial Inquisiton for their actions regarding the civilians of a world attacked by the forces of chaos
2-3 - They somehow came to discover the power of Chaos tainted weapons, and began using such artifacts. It was not long before they were driven out
4 - The chapter(s) were plauged by mutations, and became fed up with the treatment of their Chapter(s) by other forces of the Imperium, and chose to strike off on their own
5-6 - After discovering the taint of chaos within an Imperial institution they attempted to purge it, but failed and were instead declared traitors themselves, forced to flee from their former allies
7-8 - The seeds of their leaving the Imperium were implanted long ago, be it by their founders or another institution, this was always going to happen...
9-10 - Cult of Personality:A single Champion within the Chapter(s) whose philosophy and ideals have lead the marines down their own path

Leadership and Organization

1-2 - Imperial compliant(what was it before they split? ITs still that)
3-4(or auto) - A new Champion has risen and taken control of the Chapter(s) himself(If cult of peronailty was rolled, this is automatically the organization)
5 -6 - A new Doctrine: The Chapter(s) have made their own unique Leadership oranization
7-8 - Piratical: They are lead by no one but their own champions, this renegade grouop is far more fractured and disorganized than others
9-10 - A Split in ideals:This group has several factions within itself that work together, but are lead by their own champions

Combat Style

1- 30 - Codex Compliant: Even after their rebellion, they follow the codex astartes
31 - 50 - True Marines: A strong focus on ship to ship and boarding combat in Space
51- 60 - Overwhelming Force: The group prefers to use much heavy ordnance, be it tanks and other vehicles or heavy weapons
51 - 70 - Rip and Tear!: vicious before their rebellion and vicious now, the group engages often in glorious melee combat
71-80 - Silent as the Night: They use stealth and guile to their advantage, striking from the shadows
81-90 - The sound of engines: They carry a focus on lightning attacks and raids, using many bikes and other quick vehicles
91-100 - Death from the skies: Master Pilots and drop pod assaulters, the group use these tactics to bring death to the foe with Thunderhawk, Stormbird and drop pod

OK thats it, here come the rolls!

d100 for when the chapter was founded

bumping

d100 for when the Chapter was founded

Rolled 41 (1d100)

The 37th millenium, cool

d100 for our progenitor

shit I'm a bad newfag lets see if this works

Rolled 13 (1d100)

Once we get close to a finished product, I can make it a page. It'd have to be tomorrow tough

I dislike the smurfs with a passion. So lets get one re-roll

d100 for chapter progenitor(if its smurfs again we go with it)

Thats awesome! And fine, I actually have to hit the sack too soon, but will stay up as often as possible so this stays around and I don't have to make a new thread

dice+d100

If this doesn't work, can someone help a newfag roll dice?

Rolled 75 (1d100)

Put it in the options/email bar

You also need to specify how many die, like 1d10 or 4d10

oooh, spooky raven dudes.

The Dark Angels are our Progenitor... interesting

D 50 for which millenia in which we broke ties (seeing as on a d100 50 or below is a re-roll)

Should we include chaos warbands and an option for "minor successor chapter of your choosing" for progenitors?

Rolled 18 (1d50)

Damn we were with the Imperium foe only a millenia or so, we broke ties in M.38

D10 for why we broke ties

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Eh maybe. We could do minor successor chapters if we want instead of Dark Angels.

No chaos though. To be a renegade chapter we have to have started loyal to the Imperium

What's not to say we weren't from a pre-chaos legion?

They somehow came to discover the power of Chaos tainted weapons, and began using such artifacts. It was not long before they were driven out

We got us a bit of relictors syndrome

D10 for our common mutations/deficiencies

I just mean options for the table, not the rolls we have

If we had rolled second founding maybe, but we didn't so it does not make a whole Lotta sense.

Ah yea, we will add the minor successor chapter at least

Rolled 5 (1d10)

>If we had rolled second founding maybe, but we didn't so it does not make a whole Lotta sense
Good point. We could always add the caveat that if you land on pre-chaos, you have to go with second founding

Voice of Evil: Our voices tend to sound terrifying

D100 for chapters flaw (being renegades we have one)

Good idea. We may as well make this table on 1d4chan once we finish this up. I have a couple more tables to add/replace tomorrow anyways as the ideas come to me.

Rolled 79 (1d100)

Eye to Eye - The Chapter hates any method of warfare other than running up to the enemy and punching them.

It was meant to be a D10 my bad, but we count that as a 7 ot 8... so is this an auto rip and tear gentlemen?

D100 for chapter legend also

Rolled 95 (1d100)

Battle Brother of old

Alright d100 fot what he did

Rolled 14 (1d100)

The figure is remembered as the bane of the Orks, to such an extent that his name is known to the vile greenskins even to this day.

I feel like I always get that but whatevet.

Ok, that's it for now gotta hit the sack. I ask that my fellow anons keep the thread alive so that when OO returns he need not make a new thread.

OP is now sleep

Hopefully it'll be up tomorrow

Ok OP is back, but we are adding/replacing a couple more tables, for instance we are making a re-roll, specificaally we are changing the Chapter flaws table tooooo

Renegade Goals

1 - Survival: The Renegades were severely reduced in number during their flight from the Imperium, and currently are focused only on surviving the next few decades
2 - Recruiting: The renegades wish to swell or rebuild their numbers, and so intend on finding new recruits
3 - redemptive Crusade: The chapter believe they can possibly redeem themselves in a holy crusade. Roll on the enemies table to see who against
4 - For the Emperor!: The Renegades believe they still serve the Emperor, if not the Imperium. They stalwartly defend the Imperium, but those who they believ in defending
5 - Vision quest: The Renegades have begun following visions, portents, or more mystical divinations for their actions, and can seem unprediatable in what they do
6 - Raiding: The renegades raid around their chosen hunting grounds, in need of supplies and loot
7 - Chapter Mania: The Renegades have developed a strange need to keep doing something, and just can't stop. It is this mania that drives their actions
8 - Inner conflict: Currently the rnegades are focused and embroiled in inner conflict, be it a civil war or simply vicious disagreements in the direction they are taking this rules their choices
9 - Unknown agenda: Someone amongst the renegades is leading them down a path to the unknown, possibly directly, possibly indirectly, but even the chapter itself is unsure of its purpose
10 - Peace: The Renegades are experiencing a time of blissful peace, most likely for the first time in their existence. Be it they have carved out their own realm, found a sector they have brought to peace, or are simply adrift and unassaulted, they are at peace, and all they do now is attempt to maintain this beautiful state

Please, 1d10 on our purpose table

Rolled 4 (1d10)

For the Emperor! We still believe in our holy purpose set forth by the God Emperor, but we disagree with the wider imperium(Soul Drinkers syndrome)

As this is our first time using this new table we can re-roll if we so wish?

If not, roll a d100 for our home sector(meant to make it a d100 table, doing so now)

Rolled 87, 71 = 158 (2d100)

Maybe we should make that have a lesser chance of being rolled. Like one or two or three out of a hundred

why did you roll 2d100??

Regardless, we got Xenos held and wild, do we want to us exenos held or a wild system? technically the first one is wild system

I'm not sure what either entails, so just go with the first one

ok wild system

1d3 for how many more times we roll on the table

also the table for them is in the thread

Rolled 2 (1d3)

Aye aye cap'n

Alright, roll me 2d100 on the home sector table

Rolled 67, 49 = 116 (2d100)

The sector is split, half held by xenos, and half by the Imperium. We are caught in the middle

cool, before we roll for which xenos, lets move on

roll a d10 for our Leadership and organization

Rolled 3 (1d10)

I guess whatever species we get will tell us where we are

A new Champion has risen and taken control of the Chapter(s) himself. So we have 1 newly risen champion, or at least new enough

Yup, but we still havve some rolls before that

d100 for our combat style

Rolled 94 (1d100)

Death from the skies: Master Pilots and drop pod assaulters, the group use these tactics to bring death to the foe with Thunderhawk, Stormbird and drop pod

cool

Alright, now lets roll for our xenos

d100

Rolled 72 (1d100)

We got Dark Eldar, an interesting role

Alright, let me quickly summarize what we have so far, and figure out if we need to keep rolling and if so, on what table

Our Renegade Chapter Summary
>Founded in the 37th millenium
>Dark Angels successor chapter(one of the Unforgiven)
>Broke ties to the Imperium M.38
>Discovered the usefulness of chaos tainted artefacts, causing us to be declared traitors
>commonly we have a disturbing voice as a common mutation
>Our figure of legend is a Battle Brother of old, from before our break from the Imperium
>He wwas the bane of orks, killing many and even stopping a waaaagh! with his actions
>Our Renegades still follow the example of the Emperor, if not the wider Imperium
>Our Home sector is split in control, fought over by the Imperium and the Dark Eldar
>Our Combat style is death from the skies and we make use of many Thunderhawks, Stormbirds and drop pods

ok, thts what we have so far. Any suggestions for a new tables we should roll on, or is this good?

Shouldn't there be a table for how we operate? Like, pirating, mercenaries, rouge military force, terrorism, ect?

Good point let me quickly come up with one

Maybe one for goals, too. Like, emass wealth, dismantle/undermined the imperium, survive, create their own faction, ect

Standard Operating Procedure d100

1-30 - Rouge Military force: Simply a rogue chapter who chooses its own worlds. We answer what calls for help we choose, fight where we please for reasons we deem worthy. Otherwise operate as a standard SM chapter
31-45 - Piratical: Pirates, we attack Merchant ships, Imperial and Xeno fleets or lone ships, plunder what wwe want and disappear.
46-60 - Mercenaries: Our renegades sell their services to the highest bidder. Be it in gear, initiates, ammunition or ships, the renegade Angels of Death come with a price that must be paid
61-80 - Terrorists: We have a purpose, we know or purpose, and we kill for it. We target our enemies homes, their civiliazation, and destroy it, cause terror in their hearts and show our goals through force
81-90 - Savior complex: We arrive at the belauguarded and abandoned, and save them. Be it fighting back their enemies or helping them to escape, we are the rescuers, those who come to your aid when none others will
91-100 - Seekers: We are looking for something, and we will find it. From world to world gathering evidence, clues and items, for a purpose and through violence if necassary

give me a d100 on it

We sorta have that with purpose, but I could make one for our endgame yea, gimme a minute

Where's purpose? I don't see it really ITT, but I could be retarded

I meant to say goals, here it is

I guess we could combine them to have more options, then

uh sure, let me make the new table then.

In the mean time, any other table suggestions?

Also still need d100 roll for this

Rolled 26 (1d100)

Roge military force, alright

Whats next?

What tables did we use from the already made charts

We used Progenitor, founding, legend table and enemy table from Space marine

We used mutations tablee from CSM

Roll a 1d5 motherfucker

a 1d5 for what???

Just do it

Rolled 5 (1d5)

Still no idea what this is for

Solid Table OP, might want to add it somewhere though so it gets some proper circulation.

Yea, I was thinking maybe add it to 1d4chan today, maybe after that re-start the creation thread... yea thats what we will do. So, I'll start making it today.

Since there is plenty of time, Suggestions for tables?

This is now a thread to help make a new set of creation tables for 1d4chan, specifically for making non-chaos renegade Space marine chapters

Also, should I change the values of the rolls for chapter progenitor, seeing as ultramarines successors seem far less likely to go renegade without chaos influence?

Did it 5 times
coolors.co/app/f8f4e3-d4cdc3-d5d0cd-a2a392-9a998c

I'd also include pre chaos chapters and maybe a reroll one, where if you land on it, you reroll to see Whos chapters successors you come from

Good idea! I'll include those

I can try to set up the page now, if you want

I'm sort of working on the skitarii creation table too right now

By all means go ahead! I'm rather new to editing the wiki myself and can't format for shit, so if you could that it'd be awesome

I'll give it a solid shot

What should be the first table? Why we broke ties? Our progenitors? When we were founded?

First table is year we were founded, followed by who our progenitor is, followed by year we broke ties for the first three

Alright, I'm getting started

1d4chan.org/wiki/Renegade_Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Table#Chapter_Origins

What we have so far

Should I combine Chaos Mutation and Geneseed flaw, or have both, but only use Mutation if you rolled mutated or traitor legion?

Hmmm... keep just the chaos mutations i'd say

Geneseed mutations are fun though

sure, just cobine the tables then,

If you really think it won't work, I'll drop it. It's just that I'm modelling the page after the space marine one and that's next on the list

I'd expand the Exodus table. Right now half of the options involve Chaos. I'd make Altruistic Downfall and Political Suicide more vague, and add stuff in for Xenos affiliations and tech heresy.

Allow a choice between the two and give them lots of overlap with some of the Chaos mutations locked out if you choose geneseed.

Good idea.
Two more options:
Near the brink of annihilation, the Marines took an extremely cowardly or horrible action to preserve their Chapter, and were excommunicated for this.

The Chapter was friendly with a group of xenos and collaborated with them a bit too frequently. When the Ordo Xenos found out, they had the Chapter excommunicated.

>Chapter began to dabble in technologies beyond them, and found themselves enemies with the Mechanicum, who forced them out of the Imperium

Maybe a roll for chaos taint, or geneseed mutation severity, with the higher rolls get the chaos options

>pure geneseed
>minor mutation (geneseed flaw table)
>significant mutation (chaos mutation table)
>heavy mutation (one from both)

With pure seed getting maybe 1-10, and the others 11-15, 16-19, and 20 respectively

Sounds good.

My first thought to the example chapter earlier was a bunch of SM using Ork-derived tech like Shokk Attack Guns.

I always wanted to make a warband chapter that could feel the WAAAGH and worships Grok and Mork

>sounds good
If you roll bitter resentment, would you roll on significant or heavy mutation by default?