How will it end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ds9y3lJGig
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

With hot lesbian sex

Ends also with hot lesbian sex

Honestly I started typing up the story.

But yeah, this.

Dual parallel planes, one consisting of pure elemental and conceptual chaos and energy, and the other a complete empty void. The stars themselves are simply open spherical portals between the two, and from them the forces of one plane diffused into the other, their chaos slowly becoming the basic forces of matter, and the primordial dregs of what would cool into the gods. There is always a tilt in energy from one side to the other through the stars, and there has always been the trade. Inevitably, one side takes on all the energy of the other, and the stars close for an unspoken eternity while the absolute churning chaos and the unabashed emptyness of the other both fallow, and the process begins anew.

The time is close, however, for when the space in which the setting takes place will slowly overcome it's partner plane, and the excess of energy will be greater than that of the other side. The sky will turn red, then orange, than gold as the stars pitch into darkness, betraying windows of the growing emptyness on the other side. The forces of magic will become to powerful, too chaotic. Reality will be inhospitable for comprehensible life. Eventually logic itself will break down, and the stars must close while all balance is finely shredded and evenly blended, so that no taint of the last cycle shall influence the next.

This pretty much. Well it could end in other ways but it's not likely to.

It began with me being bored.
It will end the same way.

Our DM filed the names off a bunch of D&D stuff and stuck us in it.

Now it's gotten weird.

Three adventurers sat together and began a series of storytelling matches around the fire, this world is the dream they have when they finally decide to rest.

It started off as a joke setting based off of vaporwave and ended as a sad attempt at a survival horror tabletop game set in a space mall

I got tapped to run a one shot with random online. I out names on a map. Arbitrarily drew lines, and validated those choices.

The campaign will end when interest wanes and it is eventually abandoned as all other games I run are. Uncathartically and without climax. Like a ruined orgasm.

Hot lesbian goddess sex caused the big bang.

No one really knows.
The gods made the earth, and some day the gods will take it away. Who are we to argue with their whims?

/u/ please go.

It started with four unlikely heroes meeting in a tavern.
It ended with the two survivors opening a tavern of their own.

women can't reproduce with women

It's magic, I don't have to explain it.

The will of the players to fight CR-appropriate encounters and make numbers go up spawned in some enemy statblocks and an arena in which to fight them.

When the players no longer wish to fight CR-appropriate encounters they will stop spawning, and thus the world ceases to exist (as it is made entirely of these encounters).

God thought of a really funny practical joke.

My setting is a known time loop where the passage of time slow down the more humans are alive. It starts with a big bang that rebirths God, he shapes the world and populates it, goes mad trying to preserve it, seals himself, eventually breaks free and wipes the slate clean with the heat death. In the beginning and the end, where there's only God, time moves infinitely fast as compared to an observer in Dominaria

Super-goddess made everything because she was bored of being super-powerful but having nothing to do. She made the galaxy, and a bunch of other, lesser gods to do amuse her. Eventually they created the world on which the game takes place.
The setting will end when all the gods kill each other in a massive brawl, which wipes out the galaxy, leaving only super-goddess alive to start all over again.

(checked)

It began by my desire to have a meaningful friendship, building everything around two characters' relationship and development.

It will end with those characters accepting the fate that their own dreams are more important than being together, and that through separation they can achieve them.
Still, the setting will really end when they realize that the dream they wanted to achieve all along was being together.

it is pretty homo

It's magic user...

Not with that attitude!

Battle between Sea and Sky gods. Will probably end with the forces of their descendants roles reversed.

They have more DNA than men, strictly more

It began as an attempt to do a few things I wanted to see more of out of sci-fi. Realistic mechs, of which there were practically none. Realistic physics, hard sci-fi I later learned was the term. And every technology having advanced, instead of just one technology having advanced and everything else is 20th century or even earlier.

I kept building on the setting until it became what it is now, and I don't think it will ever end.

In my head, it began as an idea to create a vertical city. A city, a monolith, larger than life. Now it's coming to life, and I'm interested to see what happens.

How it will end though? If I have the luck and resources, I want to have this monolith 3d-rendered, be it in vidya (Which I plan on making once I'm done with my studies and have some capital) or just rendered for my own pleasure.

Started with the omnimortal forging the realm of existence out of chaos and than faiding itno what would become life force.

It will end with primortals reaping the souls of mortals and imortals and having a war too see who will become the new omnipotent one.

God created it, and God will destroy it.

The Creator planted it.

There wasn't any plan for ending it, and there aren't a lot of good ways to even try, so it'll probably just keep growing.

start: being forced to work for an organization to help stop crime.

end: the PC's stupidity getting them kill/kill everyone else

either way it wont and well

Life and Death were given control over material and time respectively.
They had three kids, one of which is planning a hissy fit to end all hissy fits.
The world won't actually end, but it'll be so different it might as well have.

'You know what would be awesome?'

'What?'

'Heavy metal Lich bards.'

Everything else was created to justify this occurring in universe.

The setting is constantly being made and unmade at opposite ends of the world. It has always been so, at least to the knowledge of the eldest spirits. Incidentally, the constant flow of all things from creation to annihilation is the reason that gravity exists.

There is a whirlpool, and it sucked away enough o the water that the land could exist. But someday all the water will be put back.

I don't know what anime this is but it looks old.

Depends on which race you ask. Humans think it's a crucible, a test for the divine battle of good versus evil, dwarven philosophers reason that since nature abhors a vacuum, it created itself and the gods came about later (this view gets them endless grief from other races), elves believe that the gods created the universe as the ultimate form of art, and the orcs naturally believe that since existence is a struggle to survive, the world must be the result of a battle between the gods to determine their superiority (some of the more mystically inclined believe the world is the body of a dead god).

The world ends when magic dies. The origin of magic in the setting is tied directly to a god who takes the form of a small child who created it as his idea of a cosmic joke. The use of magic is something the gods take great pains to discourage since it is the only thing they cannot influence or predict the behavior of.

Looks like Record of Lodoss War. I think it was based on someone's D&D campaign. A true Veeky Forums anime.

Conceptually it began when I had a dream wherein I was battling a giant scorpion in an old castle with a sword and shield.

>The first thing Tak did, he wrote himself.

The gods were having a huge battle until they broke time and space and warped into the new world where they became chained because of a material. They fought the mortals in this new plane but eventually accepted a truce, as this material that bound them now also gave more power to the mortals.

endgame is fighting whoever set the events of the gods having the huge battle in the other universe.

I still need to plan a lot of details.

>playing a game with some pals online
>lasted about 5 years
>a lot of things happened and we ended up in a beautiful church on the very edge of the world
>a priest comes to us
>party face asks who he is
>"I am."
>everybody giving him shit about how that's not an answer
>meanwhile I think I was so terrified of the situation my balls ascended and redropped

I get a feeling this guy had something to do with it.

The Machines are currently trying to figure that out.

HOMURA DID NOTHING WRONG!

I think it's based on various games, Sword World RPG, D&D and possibly others, eventually Record of Lodoss war became its own system though.

It's Anima: Beyond Fantasy, so it began with some jackass trying to kill the "gods" and the fates because humanity shouldn't be controlled by them, but by him. He accidentally made SuperSatan Judas in the process.
>Trips of the beast
Ironic, as ideally the party will ideally take down SSJ, then Mister Naytheist himself in two epic-level showdowns of literally earth shaking proportions.
More likely is that the party will disintegrate into a PvP TPK when the Mentalist forgets to check his fire in combat again, and nearly(or actually) kills another pc.

What did he plant it in?

>>"I am."
youtube.com/watch?v=6ds9y3lJGig

>how it began
Genesis 1:1
>how will it end
the book of Revelations according to St John
so with demons and shit like that.

The funniest thing is only the party Cleric and Wizard got it. Party Cleric literally just started weeping in pure joy, and the wizard was at a complete loss for anything.

I was the wizard. Session ended, no idea what do.

Why are the voices lowered by what seems like an octave or two?

Usually when people fuck with the pitch it's to avoid a copyright takedown. Somehow.

>man fuck you other gods and your worlds
>I'm going to make my own world
>and I'll take shit from YOUR worlds to spite you
>good luck trying to catch me, motherfuckers, it's a non-standard celestial body lightyears away from any of your planets so HA

oh crap I think your are right. well, the other video I could find was crap quality, so there's that

That sounds hilarious. I wonder if some of the stuff he took from the other gods' world ended up being a low quality chinese knock off version in the new world.

The two supreme gods, a couple, came together to create everything together in a manner similar to the Bible, and then separated to focus on their own respective creation. Afterward, the "male" god's body rebelled against him and tore itself apart. The constituent parts became the gods of the setting, and got the ball rolling by working together or against each other, here and there.

How it will end, supposedly when the "female" partner of the "male" supreme god returns from her own creation, and sees what became of his and his body. It's unclear how she would react but whatever the case, it would be the "end" of the setting as it is, to give way to something else.

No, he actually rips out landmasses and scoops up populations in his hands and adds them to his world, which is this big oblong disc-shaped thing with a hell crammed on the other side and an immaterial afterlife. The sun is tiny, the moon is fluorescent, physics don't work right, and it sort of runs on narrative purpose.

The players don't know this yet, the premise was not-Planescape/not-Discworld.

I don't know.
I like it better this way.

As for how it will end? Probably literally Ragnarok.

>The sun is tiny, the moon is fluorescent, physics don't work right, and it sort of runs on narrative purpose.
>not-Discworld
I recognize that the not- prefix denotes that you ripped most of it, but you actually ripped all of it. you are the god described in

Well I had described my idea to someone else and they compared it to Discworld, which several of my players were familiar with, so I pretty much just said that to acknowledge the similarities that I was aware of.

It's more Grimjack than Discworld, even, with separate lands that are at different points of technological advancement and magic strength, but none of them know what that is so I didn't mention it.

Also the mythology is kind of meta, but I'm still working on it nonetheless.

Setting began with a shitty frontier town beset on all sides by savages, orcs and cultists

Will likely end with the players either saving the future or destroying the present.

I had a world that was kinda different (Magic worked way diferent, being more innate and related to one´s soul or personality and it had more modern elements like televisions and trains), but time was reverted and a "bad" guy who had a lot of impact on how magic worked, included magic was killed when he was a child.

From that the world grew instead into a more typical fantasy world where some events that technically never happened because of the reversion of time still have effects. Some of the people who reincarnated even have memories of those things.

I still don´t know how will it end because right now there are like three or four things that eventually could end everything but right now are simply latent.

My setting began with me getting a group of new players and during character creation asking if anyone had any ideas they wanted for the setting. Our monk immediately took off, and came back with paper and a map she had written up along with a series of countries. Over the next three hours or so we took this little continent she had made and fantasy-d it the fuck up. Over the next several months and many sessions, we just kept adding more.

Honestly, I haven't played with that setting in a while. I had to move away, and while facetime is practical for being a PC, since I'm not the most talkative of players, it's awful to DM with. Hopefully, the setting will never end, but if it does, I hope to send it off with a bang. Or an Elder God Induced apocalypse, which also created the modern setting.

It started the same way real life started. It's not important, but that means shit just came into existence without reason and then that shit split up and spread about. Then the gods came, and from the very start, even with no one to impress but themselves, they started claiming credit for everything. They never actually made anything for a long time, until one of them made a copy of some of that spread out shit and moved it to a different plane and then made life appear there. Then the other gods got mad jelly and started making all kinds of things to try and impress the life that one god made, and now we have a setting where everything in the prime plane was made to impress elves. Well, more accurately, everything that the things in the prime plane evolved from were made to impress the things that the elves evolved from. Humans stand out amongst this shit, as they were created more recently, for no particular reason. No mortal knows any of this, and it's basically inconsequential.

The players will destroy it, obviously.

It all began when the God got a bad case of worms and died. The universe is his corpse.
It all will end when there's no more life in the universe. The God will realize its own existence and become whole again (only to get a bad case of worms again - it's cyclic).

The world was created by the "Old Pantheon," a large group of Gods who came before the current pantheon. They made the world and a few of the races (which have mostly died out), before they promptly left, supposedly chased away by something. In comes the new pantheon, a few scattered angels, elemental spirits, and other such things that created the current world under the supervision of the one remaining First God, Do Glatem Live.

That 'something' that chased away the first gods are actually the Elder Ones, using the world as a host for a new Old God, N'glthl'lek. There's also the Red Queen, a physical manifestation of the God of Order that appears to fuck shit up every 400 years or so. And the Wayline Tower, a floating island connected to every single magical pool in existence, which is set to cause a magical apocalypse should things go awry to a point where wiping out most life on the planet would be a suitable alternative to whatever is going to happen, be that demonic invasion, literal elder gods, a prismatic being of pure order, or the Savage Court deciding to fuck shit up.

In water.

By fire.

What if someone tries to play doctor and kills the worms?

The world was created with accidental feng shui, which still serves as the basis for geomancy.

Disruption of this system by natural forces created the eighty eight world dragons and the six divines, though now only twelve dragons still remain.

Demons and the underworld existed before the creation of the world, but they were not involved. Some demons are older than the world itself and still remember.

The magic space aliens are a very recent addition and were not involved in the creation of the world.

Nobody really knows where the great malevolence that fuels witchcraft came from, but it is the most likely candidate to bring about the end of the world.

One of the six divines has the subconscious ability to create another world. It isn't a very happy world, though they would really prefer it to be.

Considering the "worms" in this case are OG dragons, who are a couple of tiers higher than setting's gods on a celestial food chain?
I'd actually love to see the fight. Would bet on dragons, though.
(it's not D&D, but Nexus Dragon is closest approximation, power-level and shape-wise.)

If someone ACTUALLY manages the feat, though, it would mean that the current cycle will be the last. When God reassembles itself it will drift in nothingness, for all eternity
Or not. It is not known where exactly the dragons came from in the first place, so there's always possibility of cycle repeating.

It all began with Lord Sky and Lady Sea, two unfathomably powerful, inexorable, cosmic forces that could barely even be described as individuals, (Literally infinite, blazingly hot, bright emptiness and infinite, freezing cold crushing darkness) trying to spice up a stale, loveless marriage. The existence of firmament basically owes to their clumsy attempts at mating. Nowadays they hold court in the relatively abstract divine realm where they can personify themselves as actual humanlike individuals, but it would take a fool to forget that they are also literally what cast the pale shadows that we see as the sky and ocean.

Technically they cannot undo what they have done so at least they won't RETROACTIVELY destroy all of reality if they take some time apart, but a separation between the two would be apocalyptic through multiple layers of reality, probably just leaving the remains of the planet suspended in an infinite grey void with no gravity. Its pretty much the #1 thing the divine court try to prevent, always trying to wingman the two together as much as possible. Kicking the kids out for a couple hundred years so they can have a 'quiet' evening together etc.

Ancient race of ubermencsh alien decide to reset the entire universe. Jelly fish survive, so they decide to make a pocket dimension for themselves and make the jelly fish gods. Rinse and repeat until current time of setting.

With the universe collapsing in on itself, gods escaping to the ubermensch pocket dimension to party all night and have the universe rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

Beings desperately trying to escape the attention of the incomprehensible things that dwell in the deeper reality basically created the material world as sort of a barrier to hide behind.

In time the mortals of the world will go to war with the descendants of the creators, unaware that the tyranny imposed on them is necessary for the continued existence of reality as they know it.

In the beginning, there was everything. All light, all substance, all energy filled the universe from end to end like a blank page- full of potential, empty of conflict.

This inherent contradiction led to stratification, as the energies ordered themselves into planes, waves, light, and mana. Stratification breeds diversity, which breeds conflict.

Nothing drives a good story like conflict.

Good, Evil, Chaos, Law- these are mortal concepts which would come later. First there was merely US and THEM, or one vs another, or any other variation on conflict imaginable. All were experienced in the Titanic struggles between proto-entities at Time's beginning. These Ur-beings, these precursors to gods made various pacts and alliances, some of which are still felt today as natural laws. The oathbinding and deal-brokering of the Faerie are but a pale shadow of the ancient forces that spoke in the primordial tongue of the multiverse.

These beings recognized the underlying dimorphism of existence- action and setting, matter-energy and space-time, The Word and The Book.

Their actions wrote stories that would shake the multiverse.

Loose concept for the ending:

Players fumblefuck their way into the divine realms and distract St Cuthbert causing him to mispronounce one of his judgements. "Infallible God" is a paradox spawning a reality-eating void known as the Godgrave that the players must try and stop. Meanwhile, Cuthbert is hauled to trial in front of the rest of the pantheon and the PCs are called to the stand at some point as material witnesses. Settings gonna end with a PC-induced apocalypse or Cuthbert's death and his replacement in the pantheon (by a PC or PC choice)

With the question;

If you where a god:
>What aspect would you govern?
>what appearance would you take?
>what would your chosen race be (can make one up yourself
>what would the land you govern look like?

I asked this to a couple of my autistic bros at the autism club we where attending at the time, and what resulted was an edgy pisscontest who was more overpowered.

The setting will end with my death, it will either;
>dissolves into nothing, another setting lost in the sea of imagination
>turned into a parody of itself thanks to forced worldbuilding to maximize profit

Now I'm not saying I am the best at making a story in my own setting cough george lucas cough just that the world I created with my autistic brain is not the same world people will see when I'm dead.

[Spoiler] which sounds childish and nitpicky but it's the only way I can describe it

>How it started
In 4E D&D, there is an Epic Destiny called 'Demiurge' whose claim to immortality is that they essentially fill up with so much psionic energy that they implode and create a new universe that they are now the Overgod for. So, my walking universe bomb hit level 30, kicked the shit out of Orcus and gave the gods a"This is why you suck." speech because a few of them tried to stop him from creating a new universe. With his business settled, he allowed himself to go boom.

Now, we are in a D&D 5E game set in the universe that my old 4E character created and is the Overgod of.

>How it's going to end.
I don't know, but I'd wager one of the gods that my 4E character won a shouting match against is still pretty cranky and might be planning to do something utterly stupid to my world.

>It began when a lawful neutral god-like being created a small universe to secretly preserve the many races whos respective realities were being consumed by titans.
>It will end when the waring avitar gods grow so greedy that they all try to reshape the universe in their own image.
This kills the crab.

The world the players start in is an amalgamation of earth back between 1750 to 1945. I just couldn't fucking decide. With a lot of high fantasy and a bit of reversed engineered high technology for the immortals/gods that came before.

Each player had the choice of starting off in a few intro adventures for them to get a feel of their characters and a section of the world they occupy. It was essentially an Avengers build up.

The main campaign would then begin after all their individual stories reached the ears of a middle-aged wizard/fighter who use to run a special task force for the UN equivalent in the world. He's pretty much a mixture of the 9th Doctor from Doctor Who and Raiden from the original Mortal Kombat movie. He also owns the world's most popular casino that is on one of many floating islands the size of Hawaii over an ocean. So there's that.

The players would pretty much all be given their separate personal reasons to join a newly appointed task force to hunt down the equivalent to Jean Villain from Expendables 2 and all their respective bad guys that have a connection to him to one degree or another.

Long story short. That guy sets off a nuke and kills thousands of people. Whether he assumes command over a small country is entirely up to the players reaching him and killing him in time.

And that's just the beginning.

Eldar please leave

I see you are playing Car Lesbians.

I haven't really decided how it ends just yet. But their characters would eventually find out that there is no sanctioned task force and that the old taskforced was disavowed. So the story is really about how these guys deal with the war between their countries, being manipulated by a man stuck in his past and trying to make amends with the formation of another failed group, and how to become avatars of peace or war. Those who survived would gain fame or infamy on a global scale and control of sky island/casino. From there, it's up to them to decide.

It started hundreds of years from now - when Humanity sought to terraform Mars to provide more land and resources for a starving 26 billion people.

Once Mars was terraformed it became a new haven from a choked Earth as colonists dove to the new world in their billions, Earth became free to chase more productive means of cleaning its atmosphere and restoring the biosphere while Mars turned into the equivalent of the American frontier.

Unfortunately Earth corporations became greedy and demanded Mars copulate its resources, but not to fix the Earth but for corporate profits.

Eventually Mars said no, and blockaded their own world, so the Corporations lobbied the remaining governments of Earth and the First (and only) intersolar war began.

Mars and Earth devastated each other in space, on the planets moons and on the surfaces of each world until Mars eventually unleashed true AI into the world - and into the war.

The war lept in devastation, from railguns and lasers to quantum disssolution weaponry and nanoswarms - eventually unleashing weapons that could threaten reality itself.

The Earth opened fire with mass drivers onto the surface of Mars - aiming for the terraforming plants keeping the red planets core hot (and therefore its gravity holding atmosphere in place) and the oxygenation plants keeping the air breathable.

Luckily the shots missed the gravity inducing plants, but not the factories - and the force of the blasts damaged instead of destroying them. The self-contained units pumping out millions of tonnes of water every day.

In retaliation Mars unleashed their best AI ships and armed them with "Atmosphere Depravation Weaponry" and attacked the Earth - scouring the world Kharak style and ending mankind on Earth.

On Mars the race was on for the human race to take to the seas - within a few decades most landmasses ceased to exist and within a century we where riding the infinite waves of mars.

6000 years later the players take to the seas (PT 1 of 2)

The players hunt for tech to sell or salvage and generally try to escape ancient AI weapons and horrors that still litter the seas while trying to scrape a living in the seas.

The thing is, there where survivors from Earth in the deep Jovian colonies and beyond who fell back on nanotechnology and cybernetics to survive in space and their civilization is crumbling.

After they ran the numbers, they want to scour Mars and enslave the population for fresh "Genetic Material" in order to re-engineer their forms to survive on a planet once more (Mars) and the locals have just what they are looking for - Xcom 2 style.

The game world is a basic mix of Waterworld, Pacific Rim (there are mecha in the world, surviving relics of the war), Call of C'thulu horror elements and Borderlands (if only for the ethos of a world gone mad).

It's been fun running this world so far, the players have only just gotten a whiff of the back history as they are about to finish the second season "arc" (TL'DR I run the game in real life year long "Arcs" as you would a TV series using the FUDGE/FATE system).

>How did your setting begin?
Are you asking about it's genesis, or about what process lead to me creating it?
If the former:
With a big bang. My world does not have a mythological origin: it's a planet much like earth that came into being through the conventional cosmogonical process.
If the later:
It actually started when I was playing around with writing a hypothetical open-world RPG game design doc that was supposed to test some unconventional concepts. As I was writing, I realized I need some kind of thematic background, and I ripped it off heavily from Miyazaki's picture book called Shuna's Journey.

Eventually, I grew fond of the settings, and when I stopped working on the design doc, I continued detailing and expanding the settings.

>How will it end?
The life on the planet will probably end with the processes related to the aging of it's star, the universe likely with a thermal death.
The particular era of society and region I focus on will probably end when people figure out how to steal wheat seeds from the Celestials, an odd artificially constructed race that currently controls most of the world's food production. This will result in a massive war, which the humans are likely to ultimately win, and with Celestials out of the picture and agriculture restored, the society will inevitably transform completely.

DM got lazy so we're literally just using Thedas as the setting

Never really payed attention to anything related to the chantry so I'm just gonna go with what my gut tells me.

The Beginning: Andraste cucked some guy

The End: Andraste cucks some other dude

The Great Dragon brought life to a barren rock in the Astral Sea so she would have a safe place to lay her clutch of eggs.
Turns out it was all aliens. Double twist, it was Space Dragons all along but science hates gods so they are going through mental gymnastics to get an acceptable answer.

It'll end once the world's empires have united, where they'll forge ahead into the stars.

I hope my group one day wants to have a sci-fi campaign so I can actually run this.

With the party banishing you back to hell, Satan.

My setting is just earth but hotter
Also civil war everywhere
So nocturnal Ukrainians in a Turkish megalopolis where only the brown and the stupid are awake in the day and nighttime is when all the immigrants do their thing
And cultural conflict?

BattleTech has a fair amount of setting to pour through.

However, our particular setting I am trying to be as true to the canon as possible, and since it's a small scale game, there's little likelihood that they'll be able to upset the whole of the lore.

The game started with our mechwarriors sent to go and put down another Rasalhague district protest, only to have the CO call them back about half-way there, after having spent ages collecting data on the town.

Yes, It was late march, 3034. The very beginning of the Ronin wars, and just a day before the Free Rasalhague Republic was formed.

Begin
In the beginning there was the Roiling Divine, a vast sea of divine magic within which spirits, demons, and other stranger beings came into existence and dissapated in their turn.

Eventually a coalition came together of those who did not wish to dissipate. They craved long lives and plotted together how they might stave off death. Long did they contemplate what might be done and many were the tragic losses amonst their number before the gods, as the alliance had come to refer to themselves, hit upon a plan. They mustered all the strength they could belring to bear, cast back the Roiling Divine and within the emptiness they wrought built the earth and the heavens. Then they bound themselves, each after their own nature, to an element or concept within this peaceful island they had crafted, that so long as thieir concept existed so might they.

This alone would suffice to sustain mere existence, shielding the gods, as they named themselves, from the great destructive tides of raw divinity. However, the gods craved more.

The world's they had built were static and unchanging. The gods had sought to escape the tempest but found that the stillness of a tomb held no appeal either. Thus, they reached out to the clay of the earth and twisted it into living things. From the deepest sea to the highest mountain creatures great and small did roam. The world became a wild place, alive with drive and struggle, yet bounded within laws of nature so that never would it destroy itself. The stillness of the grave had been dispelled.

More, a whole host of new things and concepts had come into the world with the creation of life. Far more than the gods' numbers could account. Yet in this too did their own handiwork inspire answers. As the living things which teemed upon the earth came together and issued forth more of their number, so too would the gods. Thus it passed that the heavens were filled with new gods who had never known the Roiling Divine.

The final act of creation was the greatest. As their world had been static at its birth, the gods found themselves to be static as well. They could add to their number by union, but every such act diminished them in purportion to what they created, and without venturing into the Roiling Divine the gods cold never get back what was lost. They could grow only by pulling raw divinity into themselves and only that which made up their forms had been brought with them when they entered their island. Worse, entering the Divine was growing ever more dangerous. Even those among the gods who had been born within it and been present for the first act of creation were not truly of it any longer. The weakest of the gods was already incapable of of even touching the divine, much less venturing forth to claim new power, without succumbing to its fury and it would not be long before even the mightiest suffered this fate, for mere strength will not suffice against the sea.

So they set to work with urgent haste whilst they could still grasp the divine clay with which they sculpted. They labored long and hard within a great forge they had wrought on the very border of the Roiling Divine, ceaselessly toiling through sunrise and sunset, each stopping only when they could bear the nearness of the border no longer, building numberless variations upon a single pattern.

It was a wondrous tool, named the soul, which could exert itself to reach the tiniest feelers beyond the borders of the world and draw in the divine in the tiniest trickles conceivable. The tiny drips and drops would add Divinity to the world which the gods could use to grow, but nowhere would so much flow in at once that it could accumulate and become dangerous.

However, the tools would not act on their own accord to each beyond the world for power, and by design could not be compelled. So the gods reached down to the living things they had created once more and created new forms. These they blessed with the ability to think and speak and dream, and they bound into each one of them one of the souls. Then they set the souls to circulating so that any of these thinking beings who were born would draw one in upon their first breath and issue their own back into the great cycle upon their last. Thus the beings of this world came to be and were distinguished from the beasts by their touges, and granted the power to work magics, and it was good for each spark of magic, be it used for good or ill, was a new light brought into the world that had not been there before.

This is, in breif, the true history of the birth of the world, as nearly as mere mortal reckoning will allow. In the following volumue I shall endeavor to expound upon each event in detail. Keldra grant that I may not err.
-Father Stomald, seventh patriarch of the city Iverness, The Tome of Dawns

Humans died in the year 2250 and undead brought them back. They are now back in the stoneage after the undead spend 300 years cleaning up skandinavia to just dump them down there.

The party will eventually end up on a space station where their 'gods' are.

>begins with large cosmic entities at war.

>ends with selfish nations strangling each other for what little resources are left.

Setting is a constantly expanding and progressing universe.
I've run 3 Pathfinder games in it, followed by Mutants and Mastermind games.

Each time a game ends, the setting progresses quite a bit, eventually reaching space age from myth and magic.

>How did your setting begin?
OOC: I deconstructed Forgotten Realms and built it from creation on up so that everything made sense and was cohesively consistent with all the changes I wanted to make.

IC: The Four creation Gods and their offspring, later named after elements, chose to collaborate on one world together as, essentially, a deity team building exercise.
This resulted in monkeys.
Everyone loves monkeys.
Each God tries to build a better monkey.
Races and hijinks ensue.

Ending: Either direct PC action because PC PLANS or, due to PC inaction, extraplanar chaos god undoing the laws of reality, eventually.