MTG lore: Let's face it, this is Flake Territory Edition

PREVIOUSLY ON THE FLAKE THREAD:

SHiiiiitPoooostIInnnng. It happened in droves. Color theory got explained. Kos is Kozilek. The Disney adventures of DIOMEDES, Ivander, and Deka continue. Lore was discussed kinda. New flakes are cool flakes (and have been added to the drive). Shenanigans in feels land youtube.com/watch?v=dO1rMeYnOmM . Some people want to write with other people.

Writefagging:
Gaia and Namiri (we finally get Worldshaper teatime) and Not sure what this is (Diomedes maybe?) REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will come.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/lunarch-inquisition-2016-05-04
youtube.com/watch?v=6sJCQ_BUksM
drive.google.com/open?id=1yHkf7QQTK3nL9xYEAL2IXSiICJhabQ2_nRzndzVmHyw
pastebin.com/B6E99tWW
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdkNwa3JjTExDeFE&usp=drive_web&tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
youtube.com/watch?v=TXCUenE0b5A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Old thread

What was a man without a cause?

The rising water continued on as it had ceaselessly for thirty days past, and would continue on for thirty days or even more. Long ago had the plains and forests given way to oceans, and now the mountain they climbed was little more than an island peaking from stormy waves. Each day they climbed higher and higher, where the air grew thin and the temperature frigid. Their guide lead the way with his shield held high to shield them from each danger. Wheat on their back froze, and every passing wind threatened to wipe away what little flames still yet flamed.

Now exhaustion claimed them, and they were forced to pause at a plateau. No more rich, nor poor. Only the old, the cold, and the tired. The sick, the weak, those who could go no more. Among them stood one apart, who waited between two boulders further down on the path. Rain steaked down his helm as the figure stood alone in his silent vigil. Rain drops soaked him to the bone, the wind howling at his cape. Raw flesh exposed to the elements yet heedless of his limits. A foreigner that took them to the mountains, to safety, he exhorted them further upwards until their fragile frames could go no further. Bronze skin colored only by the distant firelight and strikes of lightning in the sky gave away his origin that his hidden face could not.

Stone grey eyes looked out into the storm with a challenge. Let the water rise, I dare you. Now it lapped at his sandal born feet, yet in the hour past rose no further. In the storm he stood as a sentry against the dark night sky tirelessly. they said it was the will of the gods. A force of nature that could not be beaten. Yet there he stands as the gate keeper in their camp. Beyond, his imagine he sees a Kraken beyond his scope. A furious creature given form by the endless waterfall's fury. With each cold drop he feels the icy grip it has on his heart, but refuses to give up. For them, he will not break.

What is a man without a cause?

How can Ugin be a planeswalker if he's a ghost?

This is too sad for me.
>Zix looks at the old man
>Will's eyes are glassy and distant.
>"Who the fuck is Timothy? Niggah, I'm a goblin."

He's not, he's very much alive - otherwise he kind of wouldn't have left a corpse or need to be prevented from dying. The Spirit in 'Spirit Dragon' is not literal

What is a hero without his legend?

The harpy- no girl- followed him to each plane. What was he to her? A teacher? His hands had held nothing but weapons. The only thing he knew how to read was a map. A father? Family was all he had for so long, yet the hoplite knew nothing of how to return the love. the word was as foreign as Meletis to him. Something known of, yet unsure of how to proceed towards. She was a complication, a new event unplanned for and unexpected.

Where glory demanded, he went and she followed. He taught her of legends, and of faith. How Iroas was all that mattered, and how Heliod was powerful and for that alone could be counted on. How pride was doom and failure, and victory and struggle the fruit upon which life bloomed. He taught her to be an Akroan and to stand by her shield brothers. To battle in His name, not his. To feast on the strong and protect the weak. This was what he knew.

Yet she made him weak. The struggles beyond grew scarce, for he could not go knowing she would follow. Worse, came the worries. What if he was gone? When the struggle became too great and the man hung from the stars. Once he left, who would care for her? He held back, abstained from the challenges until he was ready and sure to win. No more reckless charges, no true risk. Not until she was gone her own woman. Not until he was mature, and found himself lost without her.

What is a hero without his legend?

I think you meant to post

What is a soldier without a war?

Across from him stood a warrior from ages past, when youth and innocence still shined in his eyes. How long had it been since he visited the land of his home? When did the warrior last lay eyes on his mother, his father, his shield brothers? None would have him then, weak and sickly. Now he was feared across the planes, his glory immortal like the minotaur apart him thought himself. Years past since they exhanged spears, and thought the other dead since walking away. Had that beast's legend grown farther? Had the worship or Morgis grown?

It did not matter as they stood apart, weapons raised on the open plains. Mana weaved and magic cast as the hero and villain sprinted at each other. Duck, dive, and dash to the the ground to slip under the monster's guard. Raise your shield to block the crushing blow and protect yourself from black magic. Fight fire with fire, lightning with smiting lightning. There is no challenge, not that he can admit it. The enemy could be like him, but none were like him. None dedicated themselves to fighting, to war so solely. None were so disappointed with their success.

When he walked away and the other limped, there were more questions than answers. Was this what he fought for? Was this his victory?

What was a soldier without a war?

What is a warrior without his glory?

When all were dead, when the challenges amounted to nothing, when the glory faded, here he stood. Rising from his knees as the skeletons and restless dead rampaged past him. On the edge of defeat he looked up at the defiler's eyes and glare. Lips pursed before spitting out blood and defiance in his face. "Not even you may escape death," He was told. Blood and bile stained his teeth. Wounds littered his body like refuse in that city world that knew no green. Each movement left him teetering in his final, greatest struggle. Would he win?

Beyond the failing hearts and pierced lung, monsters raged. How many would die? The ultimate struggle between the perfect warrior and the ultimate survivor. After this, what was left to battle. The gods would flee from him if he survived this day. Death would find him lost as just another name in the tide of the endless hordes. Grey eyes, as cold and lifeless as the stones they were colored after peered upwards that faceless, steely helmet. From, his hands fell his sword and shield; his spear was long ago lost to some monster or another. The earth was stained with his life but he could not find itself with in him able to quit. This was the end, yet there must me more!

First rose his knee, then planted his foot in the ground. "You dare defy me?" The necromancer decried with as much fury as the dying world around them. Then came the knife edge raging down. Caught in his hand, another scar added to countless others to be. He would not lose. He could not lose, for he had already won.

"Even death may die."

What is a warrior without his glory?

>Keep checking hoping my flake makes it into the collage
Someday...

Keep hope alive, user.

I only made them recently, I understand the collage cant be updated for every new new jackoff in the blind eternities. But I still long for the day...

"H-hello,"a nervous voice from a nervous young man, skinnier than Anna, greeted her. "My name's Peter, I'm the potter's son." He extended his hand to her.
Anna took it and gave a firm shake, firmer than he expected by the looks of his face. "My name's Anna, I live with Eustace and Marion on their farm." She said as a nicety.
"Oh, well you know, I'm actually Peter Jr. Going to inherit the potter business from my dad once I'm ready.... we like to say that a Peter has been this town's potter for over a hundred years."
Either the boy was terribly awkward or trying to impress her and doing a terrible job of it, either way she didn't care. But tradition demanded she be polite so she gave a slight "oh." in response.
"My great grandpa started the business and gave it to his son who gave it to his son, who's my dad, " Anna began to realize as Peter the Potter talked that oh could be taken as a sign to go on. "And one day he'll give it to me, like I'll give it to my son."
'By Jorge, if he's hitting on me like this.' she thought before becoming confuse by the expression, was that something from her past. "I'm sorry, I just remembered I have business to attend to" she said.
"Maybe I could walk you there?"
"I'm sorry, very private, over there, business." She excused herself and pushed through the crowd as she tried to remember more about that figure of speech.

Having posted my five walker cycle last thread, I decided to post all their art as one and a little bit of story.

In the end, there were five of them. Not the strongest, nor the smartest, but a distinctly strange and specialized company. They were not heroes, not even the ones who wanted to be, either too weak or young or simply too afraid. The others were monsters, or too far gone to understand that they were monsters at all. Death followed them in a land already drowning in it, and with each step into the maddening earth they wrote their stories. This is a tale of want, a tale of duty, a tale of heroes, a tale of honor, and a tale of discovery.
This is a tale of five heroes without a cause.
This, is a tale of the Lost.

>Hey, Zix-user here. I've been absent a few days and my writefagging has stalled. Here's a short one, to show you I'm not dead.

William was already there when Zix appeared back in his apartment.
"I see you brought a sword. I assume it is crafted from the Helvault?"
Catching his breath, Zix nodded and handed over the blade. William inspected it.
"Good... where's your guide?"
"Left him behind. Had to go in a hurry. He'll be fine."
"He'd better be. I don't know if you could get the Seagate hedron shards without his help. Zendikar isn't much safer than Innistrad."
Zix glared at the old man. "Why can't anything you want be somewhere nice?"
"When can you find Symon again?"
"He'll come here or I'll start searching for him."
William nodded, and started to disappear. "In the meantime, it sounds like you have some visitors."
"Huh?" Zix looked around, then the man was gone. Three sharp knocks at his door.
"Open up! We know you're in there, ironskin! We hear you!"

Zix quietly peered through his keyhole. Goblins. Krenko's. One of them a mage. Not a fight he wanted to be in. The knocks grew more insistent. They were going to break in. He hadn't spent much time here over the past couple months, but it was still a kind of home port to come back to. The kind of place he'd like to have, as a backup plan. All the same, it seemed it was time to leave. He crawled out the small window, sidled over to the ledges outside, and clambered to the rooftops of his district while his front door was smashed down. He ran across the rooftops, eventually deeming himself a safe distance from home. He noticed the surrounding cityfolk's outfits and how they looked at him. He suddenly became very concious of the tattered, unwashed nature of his uniform. Putting his head down and hands in his pockets, he suddenly felt a sizeable amount of coins in addition to his darksteel weighing him down. He smiled to himself. How did that old man do it?

Symon could wait. The next few days he was going to indulge.

I just realized that I portrayed Namiri as being much more impatient than I had intended. I am terribly sorry, and will amend this at your request, Namiri-user.

This thread isn't allowed to sage so spon.

So spon? What is so spon?

There we go. Ok, I've fixed the story. Again, I'm so sorry, Namiri-user. I did not mean to so horribly foul up Namiri's character. Hopefully, this is better.

___

Celuêl appraised the woman before her. She was slender, but not frail. Tall, but not overly so. Her dark hair danced gently in the sunlight, suitingly highlighted in the afternoon sun.

“Planeswalker? I thought you had come here with questions?”

Celuêl realized she had taken a few moments too long to answer. This woman had been warm to her, where her subjects had been merely polite (In her younger years, Celuêl might have taken offense to the humans’ treatment since her arrival. But it was not her younger years). She opted to keep the Earth Mother waiting no longer.

“My apologies, Namiri. But your court is so fair, and you yourself so well-placed in it, that I was momentarily entranced, and forgot my manners.”

Here, Celuêl bowed her head slightly, lightly touching the tips of her fingers to her brow, then released her palm outward towards Namiri; an old gesture of respect amongst the Quendi (the Firstborn of her own world). She had made it a habit recently to try and reacquaint herself with her roots. It was why she chose her current form, the same form she had held in her planar-bound life. It gave a sense of simplicity to that which is most complex, and allowed her to see things she had previously missed, such as the worms burrowing in the mud, or the aphids leaping from stalks of grass. She had come to appreciate simplicity in her later years.

>cont'd

“As you have said, I am but a humble traveler. I seek beauty for beauty’s sake, and pursue knowledge where others might see conquest. I mean no harm to your realm, and come in good faith. I saw your world from afar, sensed the life brewing within, and was seized by…well, curiosity.”

Namiri shifted her weight in her throne and propped her elegant chin under an uplifted fist. Was she bored or merely intrigued? No matter, on with the questions.

“I came with no questions prepared, great one. Yet in my time here, I have learned of the Earth Mother, of the Firstborn. Of you. Perhaps, to start negotiations, you could tell me of yourself, and of the role you play here. Why are you called Earth Mother?”

>fin

There we go. Is that better? Your turn to write.

I'm gonna need all those images.
For reasons.
Also cool story bruh

Anyone up for telling flake trivia?

This spanish inquisition, but FIRE!

Marau is a huge nerd. The skeleton up top is a necromantic day planner.

Shirou Emiya, but also a tree and without swords or bad writing.

Back to the jack, back to the jack, samurai jack(rabbit).

>Two snowflakes aren't planeswalkers at all.
>Only one Dimir snowflake isn't artifact-centric.
>The majority of Esper flakes, shockingly, come from Esper.
>Vronak a shit
>There are three cathars from Innistrad.

There's a couple.

I AM MUSHROOM, FRIEND TO ALL CHILDREN.

Anyway, since this is the closest thing to a lore thread atm here is the latest story. Hot off the Mothership:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/lunarch-inquisition-2016-05-04

Odric has infact gone full PURGE. We already confirmed Thalia leading the Human rebels.

>I have observed the metallic beaked creature ever since I discovered it on my hunting trip. I am absolutely certain that I have not seen a creature like it before in these lands, but as it kept sitting among the tree trunks, more and more of these creatures appeared, carrying pieces of wood and metal to massive piles around it. I tried to track one of these working creatures, but it dissappeared to thin air when I let my eyes off of it for just a brief moment. The only one that has not dissappeared, the very first one I saw, just observes the growing piles of materials, as if it was counting them. I have kept myself hidden from them, but it is only a matter of time before someone will take heed of these creatures. I wish to observe them further, before they leave or someone makes them leave...

I wanted to make a card about the myrs that are helping the Messenger as it builds up its more permanent base of operations.

I really like the idea of the Messenger speaking/thinking in rudimentary code. Referring to other characters with titles like subject and object, using weird modifiers and syntax to mean things, the works.

I am pretty proud of the original myr-code thing I wrote for the storm. Should be in the OP's document.

I've been feeling like I should return to the style too, its just very taxing since you have to keep it very clearly formatted and following "rules" of myr-code. Not really an issue though if I get an inspirational topic.

I've got a few from my own flakes

>Ivander is a gigantic tsundere.
>Due to time stream bullshit, Fiorenza has actually forgotten how concepts like "yesterday" work.
>Naran collects deer.
>Azof is surprisingly helpful for mana-consuming monster, but cannot for the life of it understand how squishy mortal creatures work. Currently its running theory is that stuff like elves and humans are made of congealed mana and mud, making a gooey bubble.
> Before Pitch got scarecrowified, she was a Medicine Runner.

>Razorcock actually has a tiny dick
>It looks more like an eraser than a razor

>Dyna's most valued possession is a small bag full of giant teeth and precious stones big enough for a giant to handle. If asked, she can remember exactly how she got each one. There's a smaller pocket inside of it that contains a variety of worthless knicknacks, from times she helped people that didn't have anything else to give.
>Zenri likes trying to look stylish when she's not on business and is fond of hats and shoes that make her look taller. On most planes, however, children's clothes are the only things that fit her unless she does a custom job, something that profoundly annoys her.
>Sonia, trying to be practical about her ideal of doing no harm without compromising it, is very handy with a rope after a few too many times she's needed to tie someone up to prevent violence. She likes braiding things and tying knots when she's bored and not playing music.

Anna was originally from the custom set I was making then I was going to make a male version named Anton for the last storm.
Hondick is just a fusion of Hilde and the walker who I did during the very first snow flurry.
Jorge was originally going to have the green lantern oath shoved in somewhere.

youtube.com/watch?v=6sJCQ_BUksM
This song can be best surmised as "Jace runs into a 'Flake from his home plane."

>Murdock unknowingly visits her homeplane.

Or that.

It was ok anyway, although you're probably right that she wasn't really impatient so much as just putting words in Gaia's mouth. What Narimi is, at this stage, is effortlessly arrogant more than anything. Also, sorry for not responding, but I just had a nice, 16 hour sleep. I'll get to shortly.

>The final phase in Messenger's plan on every plane is to build armies of Myr Battlespheres that will sysmetically katamari the entire plane until it is absolutely certain that the target of its search is not there

>Diomedes is in fact capable of being a normal human being. Part of his bravado is to give others a point of inspiration, and to draw the monsters to himself. Part of it is he really likes punching things in the face.
>He doesn't know how to love someone else like a normal person though, or at least he thinks he doesn't. A soldier's love is for love, their fellow soldiers, and their cause.
>Rakkor knows they're gone. They were never really his friends, just using him as a novelty or for power. Even a dragon can't live with a heart of stone though.

>Iosha keeps an entire room on her ship filled with useless trinkets she finds while planeswalking. She knows they're useless, she just likes having stuff.

>Nishral hates hounds and, by extension, refuses to go to Tarkir.

I want to see Rakkor in denial and go to a silent Hill plane

And thingamabobs?

I can't imagine how well sending a dragon who mastered black magic to silent hill would go. I mean fuck, you take away his magic and he's still a god damn dragon. Fuck pyramid head.

Ah, but as everything in Silent Hill is stuff you brought with him, HIS pyramid head would be a gigantic rape-dragon with trigonometry for a face the size of several houses.

OP here. I updated the story on the drive and kind of basterdized the two versions of Gaia's POV based on what you guys have been saying. It's pretty similar, so it isn't necessary to look.

But yeah, the changes are there. Also, I fixed her name from Namiri to Narimi like it is on her character sheet.

In case you're curious.

drive.google.com/open?id=1yHkf7QQTK3nL9xYEAL2IXSiICJhabQ2_nRzndzVmHyw

And to everyone else, I am in the process of adding the new stories.

I want to see Diomedes's adventures with his adorable harpy daughteru.

Des-chan here. I'm not quite done with her yet, but she's going to be enchantment based character and she's going to be a sweetheart. ^__^

Des-chan again. Diomedes or anyone else can feel free to use Desdemona in their stories.

I'd like to, but I'm not sure how to use him even. To be honest, he's not really main character potential. With her tagging along, and my poor writing skills, I dont know what I'd do.

Implying his pyramid head wouldn't have been a rape avacyn.

OP again. The drive has been updated. Make sure all of your shit is there.

Ka'koarm is the size of a small house, and his mentor The Hermit before him could have qualified for the leviathan subtype.

>Murdock has a soft spot for alochol but usually drinks alone since she she gets way too bold when she's drunk. Also, she's on a personal mission in finding an inn in Takenuma that serves something decent that won't erase her tastebuds after one glass.

A couple more I though up.

>Marau is a HUGE NERD. We're talking negative social skills here. She became a Llanowar outrider because it gave her a great excuse to fuck off into the woods and not have to people.
>Sudev genuinely believes that he's trying to do the right thing, which falls apart about ten minutes into him devouring a soul to feed his flame. He then panics, represses the information, and continues on.
>Alban gets really mad when people call him short. The problems of being a four foot tall treefolk.
>Horo is a woman under that armor. No one has noticed in years, between the never taking off the armor, the never speaking, and the deep samurai jack voice.
>Tok has a small garden of lotuses growing inside its chest cavity. It makes sure to water them every day, especially the pretty black one in the middle.

Well, I wrote a short story about my recent flake, Torbern Iceclaw. Interested in what user thinks.

pastebin.com/B6E99tWW

Flake sheet for the character is this one: drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdkNwa3JjTExDeFE&usp=drive_web&tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

It isn't bad at all, actually it is quite good user. Summon the OP if you want it to be archived and if you please, write of the other walkers interacting with yours.

>Veldren likes to claim he's a dragon and that dragons look different in his plane. Spoilers he isn't
>Frances is based off of youtube.com/watch?v=TXCUenE0b5A
>Belloski is a manlet

>Belloski is a manlet
Fuck man I am writing him out as being dragon-sized, don't do this to me!

Being a Manlet, Belloski probably uses illusory magic to make himself look larger.

Sorry, sorry
I just like the thought that this intimidating, ancient dragon who makes deals like the devil is only 5 feet tall

Now I just have this whole scene (and the previous story with Murdock, if you read it) all wrong. Fuck this is why I should stick to drawings.

It's fine, it's fine
That's just how I imagine him, besides I should've added it to his descrption

No man, go figure, it is your character so I am the one in the wrong. How much of a manlet are we talking here?

Again, he could just be using magic to make himself look bigger.

About 5 feet 3 inches, from the tip of his horns down
But as and said, looking tall with illusion magic is completely possible.

That is what I am going for user.
True Dragon, though? Not a viashino with a massive ego?

like 100% dragon kind of dragon. His sheet has the (?) because he's an oldwalker and took the form of a dragon pre-mending because it made him look intimidating to customers

Man former oldwalkers must be the most angry dudes in the universe, it is a miracle they aren't all Red. One day you are a god and the other you can... sorta teleport between planes. Sometimes. Maybe.

Eustace is an acceptable name, isn't it?

>Eustace
Only if there's a stupid dog involved

Katin is genderless only because I couldn't decide if I wanted to make them a guy or a girl.

Acervus is based on pic related. Corax isn't even my favorite of the primarchs what the fuck am I doing

Too fucking bad!

Does anyone have the joke flake sheet

Thanks! Also, good idea.

OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.

pastebin.com/B6E99tWW

Rolled 109, 99 = 208 (2d109)

First flake is Yandere for Second flake

Only good things can come of that.

Rolled 79, 4 = 83 (2d109)

You know what time to roll and write.

First flake gets in a barfight/teahousefight/beveragefight with second flake.

Nigga does love his colorful waifus. Probably going to try to teach her the other colors as a replacement.

Who is Eris?

Evantu is Ink-Treader you chucklefuck

Demon waifu walker

My bad, it was really fucking late at night when I finished up

Rolled 17, 94 = 111 (2d109)

The two flakes have to fight, why are they fighting?

Nigga, RGWU is Ink-Treader.

Just a silly story that won't even be finished this time.

"No, Del. Just... leave the bottle here."
Murdock sighed as the Weird barman pointed to her companion with what she imagined was his finger.
"Trust me, you don't want to know. So this Nishral guy was here, eh? Well thank you- no, no, trust me, it is fine. Sorta..." the sellsword tried keeping an utmost impassible face as she grabbed firmly on her sword's hilt to prevent the girl sitting at her side from taking it.
"Your sword is interesting. I want to have a look at it. Just a second? Pleeeease?" the devilish, horned girl pointed her large inhuman eyes in Murdock's, and the sellsword's spare hand went to the dagger almost immediately, a movement that was met with glee and giggling from the small devils surrounding Cala. Biting her lower lips before she could shout at the other planeswalker, she moved her hand away from the dagger and inside her bag as Cala started examinating the liquid in her glass with deep curiousity, as it was the most interesting thing of the whole multiverse.
"I'll make a deal with you, Cala, this book for the glass, is-" Murdock had not even time to finish her line as Cala snatched the book on the leylines of Ravnica she was being offered and opened it on the table, quickly gorging her eyes with its content as the amnesiac 'walker retrieved her glass carefully and slowly, her hand shaking just a bit as she gulped the content in one go. "One day, Belloski, one day you are paying this one too."
>cont

"Babysitting? You' ve gott be ki-" Murdock quickly covered her mouth with one hand as Belloski's muzzle turned toward her, his large nostrils just a few inches from her small nose.
"Kidding is not my style, Murdock. Though conversely I imagine you have a sweet spot for jests." His claw tipped on the ground near Murdock's feet, a sign she has learned to recognize "Don't you?"
The sellsword hurried to nod frantically, some of her red hair breaking out of her simple hairstyle; as she hurried to get them back in place, the dragon turned around to look at way more pleasant things than his silly employee, earning another venomous stare from her; had she known that the towering image she was talking to was a masterfully crafted illusion, would she have been still so afraid of him, he wondered... probably, yes. Putting Murdock back in place with fear was almost too easy for his tastes, as long as he was careful not elicitng any "cornered rat" reaction from her; throwing her life away could have proven to be quite a waste.
"Besides, Murdock, it was you who called it babysitting. If it pleases you, think of it more as bodyguard duty, though I have the feeling she is much better at defending herself than you are." Murdock grumbled internally at that remark, putting it on a long list os slights Belloski would have had one day to pay for. A day in the distant future, though. "You will have to grant her safety as she retrieves an objects she owes me. Nothing that a fighter of your level can't handle, I am sure; but for once, Murdock, try to do something different and don't disappoint me."

"No you don't look at me that way, Del. I swear it is not my fault, I told her- I tried to tell her- oh, r-right, sorry, well..." Murdock marched outside,,went back in, grabbed Cala by her horns and pulled her out of the shop, with the devilish girl seemingly unaware of her owns legs moving as her nose was poking almost straight through the pages of that book. Around them, the devils were making the usual fuss, disturbing the ravnican passerbies and wasting not a single moment in anything that wasn't playng pranks to each other, the common folk, and the poor sellsword herself until Murdock had found the guts to nearly freeze one of them in place.
"I wonder how do you get them to follow you through the multiverse, though..." Belloski had adviced, or rather ordered in a very calm but life threatening way, her to try and keep talking to Cala, to avoid the devilish girl just wandering off on her own, a duty that was proving to be more difficult than it seemed: not only Murdock wasn't a very talkative person, but Cala just did seem to ignore her completely, except at random times being suddenly all over her for the most inane unconsequential reasons, chief among them Murdock's hair color. It was "fascinating", apparently, which seemed to be Cala's third favorite word just a bit behind "interesting" and "meat". This scared the easily startled Murdock a bit.

"... I said, I wonder how do you get them to follow you"
"Are you listening?"
"Cala? Are you still on Ravnica-"
Suddenly, the horned girl ditched the book, throwing it in her own bag and putting her face at mere inches from Murdock's, which compelled the sellsword to get a few steps back
"Yeees? Were you saying? Oh it is just a rather ingenous application of summoning rituals..."
Cala once again skittered toward Murdock, and she stumbled back, ending against a large wooden box near some merchant's stand.
"And then you must factor in the time relativity in the blind eternity, which is-"
Murdock fell over the box, with her back against it and Cala looming over her while constantly spouting notions the red-haired walker couldn't have comprehended even with an helpful diagram. The devil's impossibly large eyes got closer and closer as Cala leaned over her terrified companion and this, this scared the easily startled sellsword quite a lot.
"... and this is how I do it. Now why do- Oh! Oh look, look over there!"
Murdock sighed in relief this time, as Cala left her to go after whatever picked her interest this time. Panting, the black clad girl used the flat of her sword to swat a grinning devil away.
"... I liked Shandalar more. At least the things there were just trying to kill me."
>will continue,maybe, in the future, if anons require it to.

Narimi pursed her lips thoughtfully, swaying gently in place as she raised an index finger and thumb to her chin, stroking it absent-mindedly as she considered the question.

“An obvious question perhaps, but a good one… I will answer it in detail, since I presume you know little or nothing, here, and desire to see that changed.”

She stepped away from her throne, her willowy form seeming frail and vulnerable, her loose, pale green robes fluttering as she stepped closer to Celuêl, the silken fabric rustling softly along with the Firstborn’s movements. “From the beginning.” She made a wide, sweeping gesture with one hand around her head for emphasis as she started. “Mecratheen began as an empty world, devoid of life, or meaningful form. Mana flowed wild across it, unconstrained and uncontrolled. Eventually, it gathered, coalesced, formed together into a being of unimaginable power, a being we know as Datuk, though in truth, it never gave itself a name. Regardless, it gave form to our world, sowing the seeds of our first grasses, our first trees, rending great chasms and spilling water into them. As green life spread across the world, so too did Datuk’s ambitions, its power. It created our beasts, our animals, elemental spirits and the like, and finally, us, the humans. The first of us, he created twenty, the Firstborn, as we have come to be known.” She paused here, the wistful, glassy-eyed expression crossing her features as she considered it.

“Twenty of us, and a decade later, a thousand more. We first twenty, we were given gifts our children were not. We were stronger, faster, those of us who wielded mana, we did so with great potency… Such as myself. Most importantly, perhaps, we did not age. Our gifts were many and valuable, though it took many years for us to truly appreciate the differences between ourselves and those we came to see as our children. Leadership fell, naturally, to us, we took on different roles. My husband, Dokata, Osa, and Pyranos, those three together took to Datuk’s great beasts, clearing a path for our kith to settle down… Where they passed, I followed, reforging the land to suit the needs of our people. Great winds and terrible storms I summoned, wearing away at mountains and cliffs, carving out rivers, laying seeds, levelling hills… I spent decades at such work, I could spend weeks, stood before a single hill, blasting it with wind and rain until there was no hill any more… And then I’d do it again the next hill over. For centuries, this was my life’s work.” She shrugged. “Looking back, it sounds boring, but… It was absorbing, meaningful, it was life at work… I don’t know if I could explain, in truth, but suffice it to say, the world as you see it… Most of it, is my design.”

She knelt, plucking a pink and white flower from the ground, spinning it slowly between index finger and thumb. “I didn’t create the flowers. I just planted them.” She looked up at Celuêl, once more. “Everything I placed, is Datuk’s creation. I simply… Rearranged it, I suppose. This… This is what I was, to my people, and to my world. That was a long time ago. Now, I am a guide, a shepard, to my children. They look to my wealth of experience, and assume I have the answers to whatsoever ails them. I do my best to provide what answers I can, but honestly, it is rare that such a thing comes easily.”

Pausing, she looked up from the delicate petals of the flower, and fixed her gaze on Celuêl. “What of you, outsider? Where have you come from? What can you share with me, in turn?”

How do your snowflakes spend their downtime?

>o boi o boi o boi
>you just asked me to do my favorite fucking thing
>you just asked me to explain the history of middle-earth
WRITING INBOUND

>Anna
Arranges her finances and spends some time with Symon if he's up for it. She technically doesn't have much downtime.
>Hondick
The hunt for Phyrexia never ends
>Jorge
Would say something edgy like the fight against injustice never ends, but he does rest on Theros with an acolyte of Karametra he's going out with.

>Gaia fag again
> HNNNNNG it's so hard to limit myself
>I was a Tolkien fag loooong before I was Gaia fag.

MUST. RESIST. URGE. TO QUOTE. SILMARILLION.