Building a built knight froma young age

So in a game I'm in, I'm playing a knight built like a brick shithouse (a gregor clegane proxy), broad at the shoulders a foot taller than most men the usual deal.

The King, thoroughly impressed with my build, promises me a top position in royal guard and one of his younger daughters in marriage if I train an elite group of knights that are all built just like me. I can select any young man or child from the kingdom I see fit and just have to train and feed them to also grow up to be brick shithouses.

What's the best way to go about that? I'm pretty positive on selecting only tall boys who were the same height as my knight was that age. Do I want to rule out the fat ones or should I select them because they're already pretty stocky? How should I feed and train em. Most of the other knights at court are muscled, but none of them are the likes of me.

Protein and squats
Also go to \fit\ they'll help you out but leave out the knight thing or they'll think you're a weirdo or something

Veeky Forumsizen reporting.

Every man in your command will need 3 chickens a day. Also the eggs. If the kingdom has access to spinach you'll want that too.

Mornings will be devoted to conditioning. The concept of weight training wasn't really a thing, so you'll have men hauling around lots of big logs, stones, ropes, or each other. (build that brotherhood!) follow that up with cardio. Cardio for days. If you have a walled city, do laps around the wall. Walk laps around the wall while carrying heavy things.

MEAL BREAK! EAT A CHICKEN!

Afternoons will be devoted to drill. You'll probably want a weekly routine that rotates through a number of common weapons so that they can both use them and possibly counter them. Focus on footwork and agility so that strength is bonus and not the only thing they rely on. Don't skimp on wrestling. Greco-roman or freestyle. Grappling is always relevant and works as good bonus conditioning.

EAT A CHICKEN!

Evenings should be devoted to theory/scholarly study. Bring in Grand Masters of disciplines to lecture. Study historical battles and learn strategy.

EAT A CHICKEN (Or fish if the kingdom has access to good stuff like salmon or cod. Don't forget the veggies either.)

Repeat this 6 days a week. The 7th day is theirs. But if they break whatever code of ethics you want to give them they are expelled. Nurture that high drop out rate to get that aura of elitism and let that work for you as well.

But if it's all on the King's coin, that would be how my Cavalier would have done it.

Recruit left handed people if you want to fuck people up.

If you shit your pants and stand there like a deer in the headlights, then being fucking huge just makes you a bigger target.

So for all the physical conditioning you'll want, work their minds too. Give them reasons to fight (religion, glory, loyalty to someone or something), and then get them used to violence. Tournaments, sparring, just plain beating the snot out of each other. Tests of endurance and pain threshold. (Yeah, this means sick days, there will be injuries. The odd fatality too.) And work all of this together with that "those who can stand this are the fucking elite" bit, walking the fine line between looking down on your opponent and underestimating him can pay off quite well if you manage it.

That said, if they're all to be your size, you're gonna need fucking magic. Your way off to the end of the bell curve for height. There just won't be any real number of possible recruits matching that.

>Why not both?

Starting at a young age helps a shitton; I read about some girl whose father was a kinda psycho powerlifter who tied weights to her while she was still a toddler and it made her crazy strong a few years down the line (for a girl her age).

You also need good genetics, tallness can't be really trained AFAIK. You are probably best off just siring a platoon or something.

For one glorious moment I thought that that picture depicted Bill and Ted in the Game of Thrones universe.

And now I know it is not and that makes me very sad.

This guy. Train them to fight left handed

Also this. Give them a cause.

Give them a reason TO EAT CHICKEN and run those miles. The left-handed angle and starting young are all just icing on the cake.

You'll probably also want to consider how the King's general army fights and work strategies into that. Are the roving small units of line breakers? Spec ops? Royal Guard? Swiss army knives that grab a different weapon depending on the circumstances?

Gregor works pretty well, his reason for fighting is to kill people. Such a deep, complex character.

>What's the best way to go about that?

Squats and oats if Veeky Forums is to be consulted.

>you can marry my daughter if you successfully train a group of knights to be big
>said training will take at least 8 years
I hope you're patient.

>the King's daughter is 5 right now

You are fucked. A random dexfag is probably already fucking that pussy while you are looking for big homosexual men around the countryside.

Strength not even once.

>The concept of weight training wasn't really a thing

It only existed as far back as documented human history, yes.

iirc heavy lifting at a very young age can stunt growth. For context, the guy in your picture was a skinny basketball player when he went into adulthood, so he was already tall. I think he fucked his knee up and had to quit basketball, then he just lifted for like, 2 years and became basically the strongest man alive. It's that Icelandic blood I tell ya. I think he won the strongman competition a few years back.

Basically, find the tallest men in the kingdom, and then feed them the whole, 3 chickens a day thing.

>iirc heavy lifting at a very young age can stunt growth.

>laughingelves.jpg

>icelandic blood
>and steroids

With a demanding schedule like that (it looks good) they'd need an enforced bedtime in order to maximize physical and mental gains. Even with enforced 8 or so hours of sleep a night the teachers will struggle to keep them awake.

Sleep is a critical part of "Eat. Sleep. Train." that is often left out.

I like the idea that strength is related to honorable conduct whereas dex is related to being dishonorable.
We also associate strength with stupidity and dex with intelligence and cunning.