Magic: the Gathering Wednesday Flavor General - Auto-da-fé Edition

>You are a planeswalker.
>In the vast Multiverse, only you and some other chucklefucks know of the countless worlds beyond your own.

Welcome to the Magic: the Gathering Flavor General thread!

Helpful links:
>Uncharted Realms Archive
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/uncharted-realms

>Planeswalker's Guides
ARCHIVE pastebin.com/Ttgtz6A9

>Set Trailers
pastebin.com/ayJntkE0

>Current Status of Planeswalkers:
2014: magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/checking-planeswalkers-2014-06-16
2015: magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19

>Doug Beyer's Tumblr
dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/

Reminder: Keep bait, shitposting, and arguments to a minimum--try to focus on lore discussion. Ignore chandere posts.

This week's Magic Story is "The Lunarch Inquisition" by James Wyatt.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/lunarch-inquisition-2016-05-04

Kind of disappointed that Odric didn't double down and go full fanatical-devotion-to-the-pope. I was really looking forward to the two of them clashing.

I am fine with Odric being a good guy, but if they make Thalia a lesbian I am going to go shoot someone at Wizards.

Hopefully that doesn't happen. Seriously, I have nothing against em, but shoehorning it in isn't particularly good writing when it doesn't add anything of value to the story.

Who's got a tl;dr version? I'm supposed to be "productive" at work...

New Leader of the Lunarch Council serves Ormendal while the angels are running around slaughtering innocents. Thalia and Odric run off and find the Giest of St. Traft and start the rebellion.

Fucking Progressive Neo Wizards, if you want to add all this "diversity" just make new characters, don't do it to characters that we know for years. The whole thing is stupid I wonder how actual gay nerds feel about having their lifestyle just shoe horned into the story to sell packs to the load minority of tumblr who use their beta white knights money to maybe buy a pack here or there.

>Two female characters talking to each other and not about men.
>"THEY MUST BE IN LESBIANS"

It's not for people who are actually gay, it's for those that promote "inclusion" of groups that they themselves are not a part of to show just how good of a person they are.

ugh i cant believe how theyre blackwashing thalia by drawing her like some sort of filthy lhalfcast nigger kid

she looks like the daughter of some sort of braindead tyrone and disgusting coalburner in this art

>this blonde white girl just looks too damn black
I can't even right now you guys

Thanx, user

Wut

it looks dyed as shit

just look at her lips and nose and eyebrows and entire facial structure

she looks like she should be called laticia or some shit

It seems kinda odd to me that Ormendahl is able to connive like this, even setting aside that he seems to be a fairly recent demon lord; that might just be our perception since he wasn't mentioned before this set.

But, the angels are being driven mad because Innistrad's mana is being warped, and angels are pure mana.

Demons are ALSO pure mana. It seems like they should be in the same boat as the angels to me.

It's just sucky art m8

Nahiri only has control over white and recently, red mana. Besides, the demons are already pretty destructive, no need to make them even more harmful to the plane.

nothing about her facial structure looks black. I mean, I hate people talking about the SJW boogeymen but you are literally imagining a problem right now

Could be that they're already mad, honestly

oh yeah its just shitty art that makes her look like a filthy racemixer baby

face it its just another attempt by wizards to pander to feminist coalburners

but literally everything about it looks black are you fucking blind

shes literally just a lighter nigger with dyed hair

Ormehndal could've just been in the Helvault as well. Grislbrand was both Liliana's target and the demon that dragged Avacyn in with him, that diesn't mean the other ones in there weren't super duper bad news.

also the angels are being driven into murderous fits of genocide, maybe the demons are being affected by the same thing, but who would notice?

Talk about "seeing spooks" lmao what a retard

no. she's not. Nissa worldwaker was, that art is not. when was the last time you saw a black person? you've clearly isolated yourself too long.

sure keep buying whatever maro jewwater shits into your mouth and keep buying into this blatant nigger propaganda you progressive shits

sometimes it astounds me how tumblr Veeky Forums has become these days

Good point. "Kill all humans" was already the default setting for demons, so Ormendahl could be tripping balls as Nahiri does her thing and it would be no different than what he'd be doing anyway.

My assumption is that he's one of the demon lords released from the Helvault

It's probably making him feel real good about everything, just everything's more the way it should be (for a demon). Nice, relaxed scheming and murder

At first the "SJW outrage, I hate anything different" grognard shit was cute every now and then to laugh at. Now it's just outright mimetic kneejerk running non-joke bullshit. Like saying "Aquaman is lame, hurr hurr" whenever anyone brings up DC.

What the fuck does it have to do with the damned game's flavor? nothing.

Parse out the bait and get on with things as normal, folks.

compare that to you can see how much flatter her nose becomes how broader her lips and how much darker he skin tone and squarer her face is
new thalia is a NIGGER

Well, it's being done by angels, not as sacrifices to him or with minions under his power. So I'm sure it's cutting into his fun not to have enough toys to play with.

Thus why the Inquisitors are getting all child unfriendly

I'm having trouble now not imagining Ormendahl as Griselbrand's punk kid brother who called dibs on all his stuff when Liliana did him in.

There's at least some evidence of demons being warped too. But I guess that depends on if you think Mindwrack Demon looks 'off' or not.

Aren't the demons mutating too? Maybe Ormehndal is out there looking for some way to cut off whatever is screwing with everything so that he can reap the benefit of having such a large cult of followers who aren't insane in a way he didn't cause. Maybe the Inquisition is all a front to do both that and kill off real actual good folk in the process.

Oh, man. Avacyn decided she's too mature for her church. So he took her hand-me-downs too.

As much as I hate the stereotype with WotC these days it's more likely than you think.

>White has the best waifus edition
>Thalia
>sigarda
>avacyn
>Elspeth
Elesh norn does not count cuz is shit

Hey, free shit is free shit, and Sigarda didn't claim it fast enough.

more like thalia is a black waifu amirite

Yeah. I think the demons are terrible horrific creatures in deed most of the time. What they do and influence is abominable. But I figure most of them keep the savage monstrous insanity angle to the devils. I figure ol' Mindwrack is devolving into something closer to a horror than a sadistic demon.

Here is your (You), now go back to /pol/

go back to tumblr first racemixer

she literally looks a few years older, that's it

If Angels are white and the cryptoliths are making them red, then if we follow a similar pattern for Demons it would make them white.

And Ormehndal decks are black-white, while angel decks are white-red.

>don't do it to characters that we know for years
Okay, so there was a chunk of time where I didn't keep up with Uncharted Realms, but as far as I remember:
-Thalia had a role in AVR by destroying the Helvault and then nothing else
-Odric got one story where he arrested Garruk which was never continued and then nothing else
There's nothing to know about the characters.

So does this mean dragons are getting smarter and herons are getting hulkier while hydras are getting more selfish?

See the first Neo-Innistrad story, and the author twitter.
"Woaw those two girls sure make a cute couple, are they together? Please i need to know"
"Yes they are! My afvorite new characters! Lesbians are the best :DDD"

There is a difference between the partners from the first story being a couple and every example of camaraderie between women being a prelude to lesbianism.

Are they pure mana constructs like angels and demons?

herons might be on innistrad.

Cool another chapter devoid of Jace I'm into it

I know it's not the thread for it but why is the new Avacyn 40 dollars

Mythic, new set, every standard deck that plays white and creatures wants one or two, popular character.

Mythic Rarity is about 50% constructed staples, and also the hardest to get ahold of. It's designed to push the secondary market since WotC has a deal with the bigger resellers like Star City. Avacyn, Arlinn, Relentless D, Nahiri, Seasons Past, Sorin, Sigarda, and Gitgud all see standard play.

I'm surprised that this didn't happen next set - with what was represented beforehand, it felt like they'd clash a few times at least before Odric figured out that hey, the Council really is that bad

Thalia is totally into Odric guys.

I'm glad Odric is a good guy.

>Thalia finally acquiesced to her terrible demand: she sundered the Helvault, releasing all the demons it had contained—as well as the archangel Avacyn.

How mad will Sorin be once he finds out that one of his human cattle was responsible for destroying half of the protections he laid out for Innistrad?

>liliana

>sorin kills liliana so there will never be a veil reprint

But lesbians are the best.

>White becomes Red
>Black becomes White
Naked Singularity reprint in Eldritch Moon confirmed confirmed

Unfortunately they don't do cumulative upkeep anymore because it would confuse all of the retards.
Source: I played against someone who couldn't comprehend Glacial Chasm would have killed him if I didn't.

Y'know, I really like reading the more action-filled URs like duels
>Player 1 attacks with Odric, Grete, and Thalia
>Player 2 blocks with Marta, Dougan, Haral, and 5 1/1 white soldier tokens
>Odric, a 3/3 (with +1/+1 for each Human P1 controls and double strike from Thalia and trample from Grete's equipment) attacks Marta, a 1/2 human knight, Dougan, a 2/3 human knight with haste and flash who gets 2 1/1 soldier tokens when he ETB, and Haral, a 1/5 human knight with defender
>Odric's first strike instakills Marta and Dougan
>His second strike kills Haral
>Thalia and Grete kill the 1/1 fodder tokens
Also Player 2 is a shitter for using the worst legendaries in his WR human tribal deck

It would be fun to see the demons unaffected by Emrakul's corruption actually defend Innistrad so that they don't permadie from Emmy's mana sucking, not because they care about the plane's humans or anything
Tsundere Ormendahl when

FEMALE DEMONS WHEN

next set

YANDERE DEMONS WHEN

Already exist

I demand proof

How can Ugin be a planeswalker if he's a ghost? I thought spirits couldn't have sparks.

He's not literally a spirit

He might have looked like a regular Elder Dragon at some point but I think he's stuck like this after the Mending.

Spirits also don't leave corpses when they get murdered, but Ugin did. He's a living, breathing dragon with some fancy magic effects around him, not a ghost.

What about Nissa and Chandra
But i don't mind Cuz lesbians are the best

They're just one side of the Naya Triangle

Are we going to see a W/U Thalia in EMN?

Thats all I hope for, both in lore and standard deck building, a human/spirit hybrid deck would be awesome.

Wait, that's a good point.

Spirits can't be corrupted, right? Also Liliana is workign with a geistmaster to perhaps release the spirits trapped inside the Chain Veil.

Well, the spirits presumably can't be corrupted, although it appears the ones that are helpful are a small minority compared to the haunting evil ghosts.

I do have to admit, I am a sucker for things like Cathars so determined not to let the people they're defending down their souls keep on fighting after their bodies have been slaughtered.

What about the spirits of those wrongly purged by Avy and the Inquisition, they can join in I guess.

The
Cutest

Is Saint Traft Thalia's「Stand」?

No, Saint Traft is the one with a 「Stand」
That's why an angel appears whenever he attacks but never any other time

No but he's handing out angel 「Stands」 to whoever wants to stop the nuttiness.

Why does Thalia look like Grimes in the Strength of Arms card?

He's not dead, he learned how to turn matter into energy and did something weird to himself with it.

>Playing casual with a friend
>Turn 3 Geist of Saint Traft
>Turn 4 Invocation on Geist
>Turn 5 another Invocation
>Turn 6 is another invocation
>Friend gives up before my combat phase ended since he only had an Inspector
Love this card in modern Spirits

Would waifu/daughteru.

Or the Ink-Treader Trapezoid?

Would be fun to have Saint-Traft as a Creature-enchantment actually.

Finally getting around to actually read UR articles. Reading Catching Up at the moment.

>Jace stood up. It was an error. He still had to crane his neck to look Gideon in the eye, and now the size difference between them was glaringly obvious. He hated feeling small. Hated it.

Manlets when will they learn?

I love how most of the art for Jace makes him look like a football player.

>Episode 04: Sacrifice

What the fuck.

Yeah, that was dumb.

The story itselft was ok but the annoying shit was the "le gitrog monster meme xDDD" that was posted everywhere.

I didn't see anything about that. What kind of cancer is this meme?