Why aren't theses fitted with plasma cannons for their cannons?

Why aren't theses fitted with plasma cannons for their cannons?

Pic related is ITER: International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor
D + T ---> He (3.5 MeV) + n (14 MeV)
n + Li ---> He + T

Greatest experiment in human history (so far), ITER is supposed to fix 2 major problems in the world: global warming (by humanity no longer using oil) and energy crisis (we use more and more oil, our most productive oil wells are getting dry).

By creating a "star in a lab" using superconductive materials, strong magnetic fields, at 200.000.000 °C temperature, and millions of amperes of electricity, we could use the formula above, fuse these 2 elements, and get the plasma we need.
With this plasma, all of our energy needs would be solved, for quite some time.

So that's how hard it is to create plasma, I guess I'd stick to just loading explosive into a canon too.

You don't understand what plasma is

You would need a load of blood for all of that sorta plasma.

We are talking about blood plasma... right?

You realize florescent tubes are plasma, right? Though admittedly incredibly long temp and energy. Still, plasma is not exactly rare in the Imperium, just unstable and guarded.

No dummy, we're talking about plasma TVs.

I'm wondering why it can't have a single-barreled turbo laser or a magma cannon. There's a version with 4 neutron laser things coming, so surely a single laser cannon wouldn't be that hard to make.

As someone who worked at JET, the precursor to that, I can tell you right now that producing the plasma is not the issue. A self sustaining plasma is.

That's not even starting to get into the problems with actually getting the energy out of the reactor.

Well I am a really shitty student of first year of basic academic studies in physics, but that's completely not the kind of plasma I am talking about.

I am talking about 'helium at -273 celsius' kind of thing, a weird plasma that works like the one inside our sun, not a florescent tubes lmoa.

You can always slam dry steam onto rotor blades, right?

There's a "but" in here, isn't it?

Because plasma cannons are either too big or too small, or incompatible with the Knight's fighting style and/or FCS?

Khornate ones do.

>our most productive oil wells are getting dry
Yeah, that's why the price of oil has been going up constantly. Oh, wait....

notice the part
>at 200.000.000 °C temperature
and imagine what happens when you have malfunction of core containment system

Producing that steam in the first place without disrupting the plasma is the issue.

Plasmas are very finickity and don't like even the hint of contaminants. And the geometry of the tokamak is in part dictated by the shape of the magnetic field lines.

This is not to say that there aren't hotspots on the limiter surfaces inside the tokamak, but those points are not the hot spots of the plasma.

Well, we do have a perfect electric circuit today, right? The one with 0% loss, with those new modern superconductors?
If we have a perfect semi/conductors, maybe we will also have a perfect magnet, maybe we will be somehow able to make our plasma?

And about plasma sustaining, well it wont be the thing we are doing today because once we start the fission, we did it for good, no?

>malfunction
Meme, Soviets blew up their reactor because of budget cutting and politics, not because of science, and this is waaaaaaaay before Monte Carlo integration (look up wiki article) was a thing, so in short malfunction today is impossible (unless you are Japanese and make a nuke in a earthquake zone place).

>Soviets blew up their reactor
speculation, possible, but certainly not confirmed

>malfunction today is impossible
sabotage? terrorist attack?

Because they were originally lumberjack robots, and taking a simple, common battle cannon and strapping it to the frame is easier for a bunch of peasants and lumberjacks than transferring a complicated giant plasma gun and reactor.

>putting imperial plasma weapons on a knight

not even the AdMech are crazy enough to sacrifice a knight on the off chance that the plasma canon won't blow up in their face.

for that matter, why do all knights and titans have their melee weapons built into a rigid frame where their degrees of movement are limited when having them be hand held like a normal melee weapon?

hell, this goes for all the weapons they put on. look at the eldar, their walkers follow this example and they do better than the imperial knights.

Fuck plasma cannons. They already gave them black hole vortex cannons.

how do you handle controlling the knights hands like human hands because that might be why they don't do that

Look it up, Soviets received plenty of warning from their technical people whose job was to send plenty of technical warnings. Papers are there. And they said "hey we need to repair these things". But Soviets didnt do all that great, and decided not to do repairs and save money. They starved millions to death to save money, so its not all that hard to believe.

Also I didnt think about terrorists and such, I really have no formal education on those things.. but I mean, we have nuke plants today, and well terrorists so far didnt hijack them, so maybe plasma plant would be the same, I dont know.
I think people who dont study technical things dont care very much about powerplants.

>not even the AdMech are crazy enough to sacrifice a knight on the off chance that the plasma canon won't blow up in their face.
But they seem to be crazy enough to sacrifice an entire Imperator Titan to the off chance that the FUCKHUGE plasma cannon will blow up in its face.

wat?!?! is that like their cannon shells have plasma cannons they can fire

"muh bullets shoot bullets"

>imagine what happens when you have malfunction of core containment system
My best guess is an expectacular explosion?

Well, there aren't many terrorist attacks in nuclear plants nowadays. I don't think there are going to be many on fusion plants in the future.

Most Knight worlds don't know how to make such weaponry.

Yeah, it's why the Mechanicus allied knights have fancier guns. The knights only use what is simple or what came with their world's STC.

Those can't actually have a Gets Hot rule, can they? It would be insane to have that on a lynchpin superheavy

You know about the marten that shut down the LHC, right?

Sacristans vary from house to house, and some knight houses are allied with the Mechanicum