Can we have a post-apoc weapons thread? I need ideas

Can we have a post-apoc weapons thread? I need ideas.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RgrJElGOMMg
youtube.com/watch?v=b60OZhrTB6o
youtube.com/watch?v=AtopxCjs518
youtube.com/user/nonlethalbychoice
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>implying you wouldn't be the ayatollah of rock and rolla with this bad boy

I would be very OK with one of those

FUGG

The hell is that thing meant for? The teeth suggest serrations like a cutting/sawing weapon, but it's got an axe form factor

Slam and Pull.

its a shitty axe

see

It's an axe made out of a gear. The teeth are just parts of the metal.

>Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla

I now want to see a post-apocalyptic kingdom rise from the middle east with a religion that's a fun bastardization of Islam and Classic Rock and Roll with their spiritual leader dressed like Elvis and styling their turban into a Pompadour.

Too easy...other than a gun of course.

>post apocalyptic ''''weapon''''
>impractical shitty bit of metal obviously designed by someone who's never held a knife or axe

>post apocalyptic armour
>guise let's wear a tyre!!

It'll just be /k/-tier autists in looted kevlar beating each other with police batons and wooden sticks.

Got any more swords?

I agree with the tire thing, like I doubt rubber would do anything in combat.

>sturdy
>portable
>effective bludgeon
>useful tool for opening doors, containers, etc
This is the best all-purpose survival weapon. Prove me wrong.

You're not too wrong, just a bit short imo.

Not an issue in most cases. Anyone you try to kill should be approached from behind and/or in their sleep if possible. If open combat is inevitable, there's nothing stopping you from attaching it to a broom-handle to make a crude spear/quarterstaff thing.

They're also deceptively heavy. You'd tire yourself out having to swing one for very long.

I would pay money to see someone fighting with a crowbar-spear.

Well, the main purpose isn't a weapon, and it'll be pretty slow. Still a really useful thing to have around, but something like pic related will give you a little more milage for your piece of metal buck plus it looks cool.

I'd still rather have a gun in a straight-up fight, but a crowbar is better than nothing.

Variations on this.

>duct-taping seven pounds of steel to the end of a broomstick and swinging it around to make an effective weapon

I feel like someone would try that sort of thing at first, then get killed by people who have a better idea of what they're doing.

youtube.com/watch?v=RgrJElGOMMg

I don't mean protruding from the end like a spear-head, rather secured along the shaft at one end. Think a quarterstaff with extra weight at the end, though it would arguably function more like a long-axe with less cutting power. And it has the virtue of being easily-disassembled into something backpack-sized, the haft can be replaced by any old length of wood. We're talking about something that would be practical to carry around in a bombed-out wasteland, not something you're going to carry into an actual war.

Hey, free crowbar AND free broomstick? That's probably worth a round or two of nugget food.

>implying the /k/ autists don't have plate carriers and mallninja AR's or slavshit

I mean, it'll end up being a bunch of sexual deviants skewering interlopers with Mosin Nagant pike formations, but for a while /k/ might actually oper8.

If you're swinging it for a long time, you're doing it wrong. Your priority should be finding food, finding shelter, etc, and avoiding conflict at all costs. In postapoc, a weapon is something you use to take out one or two people when you have no choice, not something you rely on habitually.

Guns are obviously the pinnacle, but you need ammunition, and they require a fair amount of upkeep. They'd be more useful as an intimidation tool than anything else - sure that rusted hunk of metal won't fire, but the person you're pointing at doesn't know that. They're certainly not going to take the chance unless you give them no better option.

Reminds me of a pic I saw of a dancing Sikh guy or something wearing an Elvis outfit

Got you covered, nigga

Speaking of multi-use tools I'd dig one of those Chinese army shovels.
youtube.com/watch?v=b60OZhrTB6o

Reloading bullets is a thing, and some ammunition types are so common that you probably wouldn't even need to worry about reloading them for a very long time.

For that you need tools and materials, and the infrastructure to make/procure more of them. Unless you have a self-sufficient means of casting lead, creating gunpowder, and so on, it isn't really relevant. Reloading in modern society is a very different proposition to doing it after you've been nuked/volcanoed/zombied into the stone age. Same goes for actual weapon maintenance - all the bullets in the world won't help if your gun breaks and you don't have the means to fix it.

Tire-grade rubber actually does a pretty solid job of stopping blunt force trauma if you don't have access to better materials. Won't stop a bullet, but then again anything short of quarter-inch steel plate isn't going to stop even a pistol round, and you almost need 2"+ of steel to be able to deflect and absorb high-powered rounds (though angling and layering helps immensely with that).

Source: Go beat a tire with a baseball bat.

Kinda depends on where you are, when you are and how many other people there are, doesn't it? America is kind of filled to the brim with ammunition.

A long, pointy stick seems like it would be pretty good. You can poke the other guy before he can hit you with his gear axe or whatever.

Gunpowder is the biggest sticking issue here. Casting lead is child's play, you can do that with a campfire. Plenty of people have 1000+ rounds on hand, and there's no real shortage of ammo unless you live in a communist country like Europe.
And most guns aren't really very finicky. Especially stuff like a bolt action. You have to really try to fuck up a nugget. Discounting guns in a post-apoc situation is silly.

>sexual deviants skewering interlopers with Mosin Nagant pike formations

>tfw you will never see the push of Mosin

thanks bruv

I just joined a new post apoc larp, and I can use two-handed melee weapons (50"-63"). What would you say I should use? A baseball bat or axe would be fine for me imo, or even a crowbar but those are way under what I'm able to use lol.

I'd say just a huge slab of iron with a handle but I dunno. Gotta get creative.

>length of metal pipe with screw threads on the end
>metal T joint screwed into one end of the pipe
>screw metal caps into T joint ends to create a crude, long warhammer
>if T joint is of a t joint style (four openings instead of three), mount large sharpened screwdriver into top to make a bludgeoning spear
>wrap bottom with leather or electrical tape to complete the look
>+1 for using rusty pipe
>+3 for jamming rocks into the T joint to increase the weight behind the swing.

What if you took some long garden secceteers (>implying I can spell this word), split off one of the blades, sharpened it and mounted it a stick?

Thats not ad hoc. Thats just a neat up AK. Drawn by a person who has never seen or used an AK.

>person A responds to post A
>person B refers post A to the guy who already fucking replied to them, like they didn't realize

what possesses people to do this shit, I see it all the time

>Islam and rock
Difficult to pull off since the sharif don't like it. By order of the prophet, they ban that boogie sound. You'd degenerate the faithful with that crazy casbah sound.

>a bunch of guys gathering in the park swinging around weapons improvised from shit they bought at Home Depot

You do you, but I don't think I'd want to be around that.

Hey, can I help?

shit like this

and this

...That's actually probably pretty effective if you hone that edge well.

I never understood this, I don't want to say that the picture is bad or anything but I seriously think that most artists find that if they bandage a weapon it instantly becomes "apocaliptic weapon"

Never liked nail bats with the flat heads sticking out like that. I don't doubt its effectiveness, but it's just not aesthetically pleasing.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

you, I like you.

I imagine it'd be safer to carry - you can lean it on your shoulder without stabbing yourself, for instance. And it's obviously easier to drive the sharp parts into the wood.

You know those long thin flat pieces of metal with the holes cut in them? If I wanted to have the nails be pointy-side out, I'd use that to bind them on with the nails sliding through the holes, with a few banged into the bat to keep it from sliding.

That bad, huh?

That's less post-apocalyptic and more "growing old with your one true raifu"

>bat covered in bottlecaps
>playing a bard in post apoc setting.jpg

those studs would actually be pretty cool. SMaller surfaces for the force to punch with, And will be sturdy enough to last beating on soft targets for a little while.

>That saftey

I feel like I've just stumbled on an Ork weapons cache.

is that what I think it is

It's actually better that way.

The edges of the flat head nails are more likely to catch and tear flesh on a glancing blow, and the structural integrity of the bat is not compromised by driving nails all the way through.

>and you almost need 2"+ of steel to be able to deflect and absorb high-powered rounds
You have been watching waaaay too many superhero movies where steel is treated like putty.

1 inch of steel plating is fucking strong.

youtube.com/watch?v=AtopxCjs518

This is a quality post.

>I doubt rubber would do anything in combat.
>guise let's wear a tyre!!

Shit tier armchair fa/tg/uys detected.
Have you ever tried to make tire armor? Tires are tough as all hell.

Cutting normal modern tires takes a lot of effort and time. god help you if they are steel belted they have to be cut with power tools.

It won't stop bullets, but it would do a damn good job of stopping blades. The only real problem is that the armor would get really hot after a while

I always wonder what happened to all the manufactured guns, fireaxes in a world where 99.9% of the people died.

It'd break some fucking bones as long as the crowbar doesn't fly off.

Sergei Mosin approves of this.

I stand corrected. I guess the shit we shot at as kids wasn't steel then.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty impressed.

awwwww yeah

This baby-faced nerd makes armor and crossbows and shit from random scraps in his garage

youtube.com/user/nonlethalbychoice

I can imagine what happens to cats when they fuck with his Geranium

not really something you'd find in a post-apoc, but i like the look

Tires have layers of dense rubber with steel wire woven into them. I'd take tire armor over almost anything else that's not just kevlar.

Considering how common they are, they'd be fairly useful as a lamellar equivalent.

It's a visual cue. Gauze strips and duct tape make it look like it's in shitty condition and the owner had to improvise a way to hold it together. No, it doesn't make a lot of sense but it definitely captures the feel of something you have to maintain with limited resources.

I don't like hitting stuff with crowbars and solid steel bars, because it tends to dig into my palms a lot. I wrapped the handle in grip-tape, but it still feels meh.

>shotgun + bayonet
All my yes.