Tau in Marvel

graphicpolicy.com/2016/04/28/is-that-tau-in-venom-space-knight-paging-gw-lawyers/

I'm guessing this is old news now, but will anything come of it?

They're just carrying on the proud tradition of copyright infringement associated with the Space Knight name.

My dick will come in your wife!...of it.

It's probably an homage. Fair use, I doubt GW would do anything legal about it. Especially since Marvel isn't a tiny company they can bully, its a much bigger company backed by Disney, the king of patent bullies. GW knows not not to pick fights with the 800lb gorilla.

Using a name of space marine in fiction is one thing, but to blatantly rip 3d models from ones IP and slap them on your own creative work and calling it your own, is a completely other thing.

The GW boogeyman stories need to stop

>Even the Tau symbol on the side

How bad is it?

Space Marine? What? No, I'm talking about ROM Space Knight. His image has been tied up in copyright issues for decades.

>I'm guessing this is old news now, but will anything come of it?

Would suprise if nothing comes out of it. Would also suprise me, if anything becomes public. Stuff like this is probably handled behind the scenes. As it should be.

The GW defense squad came around

No.

GW can only exist by bullying smaller companies and independents, Marvel is fucking retardedly huge on it's own, and it's backed by Disney, which is a fucking Titan when it comes to the entertainment industry, which GW is ultimately a tiny part of.

I would agree, but the Iconography is too far. At that point you can't call it an homage.

Legal action still isn't happening however.

Are those seriosuly panels from an actual comic book? They look like shit.

comics are shit. Just look at /co/.

Not a homage. They litetally ripped off the tau midela from DoW. They even left the tau symbol on it.

I don't know what will come out of it but GW would be stupid to pass the opportunity to sue a big company that is blatantly in the wrong for millions

It isn't homage when its literally a ripped 3d model upscaled improperly.

How big a company is has little meaning when said company is utterly and undeniably wrong.

It just means you can make it spill more money

GW probably already claimed copyright infrigment and Disney paid them a good sum of money to keep the thing hush hus h and promised to take eventually measure to avoid such things in the future.

A few heads will roll but we won't hear anything of it

You can even see the polygons
and the pixels

>How big a company is has little meaning when said company is utterly and undeniably wrong.
You don't follow American copyright cases much do you?

>dat tiny door
haha wot

hahahahaha. ha. good luck. Marvel is big enough to get the court to count it as fair use.

The 'artist' must have just resized the main body of the model in whatever program and neglected to do the same to the other parts

ALSO, WAVE SERPENTS

man, that IS fucking shit

This may be the ugliest art style I've ever seen in a comic.

But this ain't an american copyright case. It's international. It follows different rules or, at best, it follows the rules of the country in which the damaged enterprise resides.
Ergo british law

and then it gets moved to Canada because relic is a Canadian company.
then Canada moves it to America because reasons

>I'm guessing this is old news now, but will anything come of it?

You mean like them being sued?

Pls. They're being owned by one of the largest Anglo media conglomerates - they can steal from Harmony Gold and HG does exactly shit about it.

Everything in this comic looks painted over by photoshop. There is a lot of evidence shown by the variations of detail and the shoddy cutouts.

Wait, is that supposed to be Venom or something from Spiderman?

Wht would they corrupt the entire court when theycan pay a fraction of it to convince GW to withdraw the case?

To set an example.

The same reason you break someone's legs and burn their house down rather than killing them.

Lay down with that edge, you might poke an eye out.

Besides, marvel does't really need to spend so much money into this.
There is a big differencefrom beating someone to spending millions in bribes

>outlining mob tactics
>edgy

come on now

yeah it is.
its just a alien thing that straps onto people. so it's just strapped onto someone that's not spiderman

For once, I actually hope that GW sues Marvel and causes some serious hurt, and this is coming from a guy who was firmly in support of Chapterhouse Studios

>TFW, Disney just buys out GW and has a Marvelx40k crossover series.
>TFW, Warhammer 40k The Warp Awakens.

Loose lips sink ships, user

>Implying this is the first time Marvel copies something

They copied Gundam before.

CHOOM!

Holy shit, that's awful. An intentional homage is one thing, but this is just lazy -and- despicable. I'm willing to bet the artist didn't rip the models himself and was given/sold/whatever them by someone claiming they were self-made or legit or whatever, but photoshopping over 3D shit is still an incredibly talentless way to do a comic.

Regardless, this is Marvel/Disney we're talking about. GW's lawyers will send their lawyers a letter, Marvel/Disney will send some money back, the panel will be quietly omitted from future comics and nothing more public will come of it.

That was less 'Copy' and more 'Homage'. Like Godzilla Hulk.

Absolutely nothing. The artist won't even get a slap on the wrist.

I don't think you appreciate how retardedly wealthy and powerful Disney is. They would step on GW's legal team without even noticing them.

And that robot in the last panel is from Star Wars. Someone was really lazy and needs to be fired ASAP

Marvel will settle, fork over some cash and then make the comic dissappear

That was kinda a different case. That series was all about redoing Mahvel stuff as anime/manga tropes. Hence kaiju Hulk and Iron Gundam.

That was at least drawn, I've no issue with artist drawing things that use like other things but to just rip the 3D models from a game and resize them (badly) can't be allowed.

At least they have given the "tau" alien a nigga nose and not a slit

Why are those turks putting kittens in her pants?

Sauce/part 2?

Well, Marvel and SW are both from the same company, they won't sue themselves. Just like Spiderman doing a snowspeeder run on giant ant man.

Most people don't know it but GW is forced by the insanely stupid British copyright law to pursue every small infrigment of their copyright.
If they do not do this whenever a second company does another blatant copy they can use the first case as a example that GW does not persue or care about their copyright.
So GW must atleast pretend to deal with this

A lot of big two comics artists trace like motherfuckers. Deadlines and laziness.

>tfw deodato legocarrier

Stop pulling things out of your ass. That is not how an homage works, and that sure as hell isn't how Fair Use works. That is a straight rip of the model from the game unmodified in any way, straight down to the Tau Empire emblem still being on it.

GW may have been blundering idiots with the previous fights they've picked, but here they totally have a case they could win. Hell, Relic/Sega could jump in on it too.

If anything, Marvel will probably turn the heat onto the artist himself. That guy fucked up.

>all these butt-blasted 40kids
Your overlord GW isn't even a blip on the radar to Marvel.

When it's completely unrelated to what's being discussed, yes that's edgy. You could have stopped at "to make an example." When you then see that as an opportunity to talk about leg breaking and burning people houses down and killing people, that makes you an edgelord.

>Sega enforcing their copyright
While it would be hilarious to watch every shitty Sonic OC on the internet get hunted down and deleted, I don't think that's going to happen

Kids on deviantart don't profit from their shitty sonic OC.

It looks more like a Necron, with a shitty pew pew laser gun.

You're thinking of trademark law. Trademark and copyright are not the same thing.
And, while trademarks must be defended or potentially lost, the extent to which this stuff happens probably has a lot more to do with lawyers drumming up more work for themselves than anything else. A lot of trademark stuff is blatantly bullshit.

So, in conclusion, you don't know enough about this to be lecturing others about what "most people don't know" and you should probably not be so quick to jump to the defense of corporations and the actions of their legal teams.

But it's still defamation, because those kids are associating their shitty Sonic OCs with the Sonic brand, or at least that's how the lawyers could say it, even though Sega has been trying their hardest to kill the Sonic brand with shit games for the last 20 years. But what person over the age of 20 would seriously defend such shit like Sonic OCs?

Stop getting triggered, you sad excuse of a human bean.

Cannot find the thread, sauce?

Propaganda based on female persecution by The Other.

does ryan archer draw that comic

Someone post the panels with Spiderman carrying a Bolt Pistol with some shit stuck to it around.

I know it's DC not Marvel but this is my favourite reference.

I-is that mega rod a dildo?

Freudian answer: yes.

I'm thinking, look at the turrets on the side.

Comic books are fucking gay