Who would win?

Eldar Solitaire or Eversor Assassin?

>fluff and crunch

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLliZQodsai-hql2NEQZS2yafY4gT6Sc0p
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Solitaires bitchslap Greater Daemons.

So does literally everyone in this edition.

sssssssssssssssssigh

and some random dude on a bike can kill about 6 of them
>rules wise that is

Crunch? Eversor, coz the solitaire kind of sucks balls.

Fluff? Solitaires are some of the baddest motherfuckers in the galaxy and are feared by all. Their skill in combat is legendary. They move so fast as to be invisible and can run up vertical surfaces.

Badass though Eversors are, Solitaire would probably win in fluff.

what is the rules for this guy?
whats he like in fluff?
can he keep up with the eversor?

Fluff to the solitaire.

Crunch wise it depends on who gets the charge and wet her the solitaire blitzes.

In the Beast series, a harlequin warrior (not even a Solitare) defeats am Eversor but he is stopped from landing the killing blow by the Master of Assassins.

But it should be noted that the Eversor was retired and living a comfortable life before the Master of Assassins recruited him again. So he might not have his old edge.

yeah and in Execution Force, Torque the Eversor rapes like 4 chaos space marines all at once by himself...

>None, even amongst the Harlequins, know the limits of the Solitaires’ abilities. Tales exist of these supernatural killers running up sheer fortress walls, spilling from the shadows inside locked bunkers, even slowing time itself. How much is hyperbole and how much the truth, few can say for certain. To those who stand in the Solitaire’s path it matters little, for their deaths are assured either way.

Solitaire wins fluffwise, can't comment on crunch

Eversors can retire? They are kept in cryo sleep when they are not on a mission because they have been trained/built/grown to be Ax-crazy blood thirsty kill-maim-burn maniacs all day every day.

...Now I wish to imagine that at some point when they grow old they are given long and extensive therapy and anger management course that helps them calm down and enjoy their retirement. Sitting on a lawn chair, sipping tea and watching the sunset at some Space-Florida retirement center.

wait? im allowed to retire?
WHATS MY SEVERANCE PACKAGE LIKE?!

It's both heartwarming and terrifying that the Imperium is willing to release such...things into the civilian world.

Basically he's the the Laughing Gods primary guy on the mortal plane, and all he does is play music and fuck up Greater Daemons all day everyday.

Solitaire would win, but I don't know if he would get killed by the acidic blood explosion that would follow or not.

Imagine when someone tries to mug him and he gets flashbacks.
>Welcome to the INN (Imperial News Network) : According to the Arbites spokesman latest figures, the calusalties in what is known as the St. Drusus retirement house slaughter amount to 487. Progress in identifying the bodies is slow, members of the Order Hospitaller having to run DNA checks on most corpses due to "ruined features and aggressive dismemberment". Economy now, Magos Vestius has announced...

>They are kept in cryo sleep when they are not on a mission because they have been trained/built/grown to be Ax-crazy blood thirsty kill-maim-burn maniacs all day every day.
No.

They're kept in cryo-stasis because their combat drugs literally tear their bodies apart when active. It's the only way to ensure some longevity.

>Chapter Master of one of the most tech-savvy Chapters with a shitton of ancient Great Crusade Era relics
>Random guy on a bike

I read that as Eldar Solaire at first, and thought the answer was pretty obvious.

Fluff wise the solitaire kills the eversor after a frustrating battle where it outskills the rage powered monster brute. As the solitaire says something pseudo philosophical about the tragedy of mankind the eversor explodes and takers them both out. At this point the chaos cultists or inquisiton swoops in and takes the actual objective, implying it was all for nothing anyway. 40k fluff is easy.

Solitaires don't speak.

How does one perform as She Who Thirsts? Completely mute?

Pelvic thrusts

Yep.

I don't know if it's still canon, but they only speak to anyone right before they make some kind of choice. Supposedly once they'be spoken to that person, they 100% will die, but they'll usually do something important first.

In the CS Goto novels, Ahriman tortures a Solitaire until it starts talking.

>WHATS MY SEVERANCE PACKAGE LIKE?!
They make you stop severing heads.

I hope it talks utter nonsense.

>In the CS Goto novels
i'm gonna have to stop you right there user

Solitaire wipes the floor with the assassin.

But they do, both as their normal unmasked selves and when they don their mask.

Path of the outcast.

It's more of a "you'll have bad luck in the near future" kinda thing if you meet a Solitaire rather than die.

There was an old fluff piece in an Eldar codex that a Harlequin troupe finds a solitaire on one of the craftworlds, acting as a maintenance worker or somesuch, so they probably can speak.

However, it is said that if a solitaire in their persona speaks to you, you are so thoroughly fucked fate-wise that killing yourself on the spot may be the best option.

Black Liebrary

Dawww CS is writing novels again, dont worry little buddy someday youll get it right.

>C.S. Multilazor
>Razoback pattern Land Raider

Can't unsee giant clown pattern cock bulge

Eversors are not better than solitaire in crunch.

Fluffwise a double handful of Harlies kill 10 custodes. Have evesors fought custodes? And will custards in The Beast series be lik Avatars of Khaine in the fluff, jobbed out to show off the new guy

The Solitaire can kick the eversoor in crunch. But as with everything 40k, it all depends on the dice.

I have seen cultists armed with sticks and stones kill Belial and his Terminator retinue. I have seen Carnifexes (plural) die to hand flamers while shurgging off meltas, heavy flamers, bolters and kraks. I have seen one commissar almost single-handedly kill 2 squads of Tactical Marines with a power fist. I have seen Kharn and 4 squads of 8 Berserkers fight a buncha heavy stuff until only Kharn, a berserker and a terminator squad was left, and then Kharn proceeded to be the last model on table by his own actions.

And I have video proof of all these claims.

40k, by the dice, is a fuckeroo.

Could actually be canon

Someone mathhammer this, I don't have my codices on me

To whoever is interested in this sort of setting, there is a Who Would Win series by Miniwargaming. It is nothing special, but is full of occasional jewels.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLliZQodsai-hql2NEQZS2yafY4gT6Sc0p

There is no Eversoor x Solitaire, sadly, but you can always ask for them for it.

>Have evesors fought custodes?
They have. If I recall, after the Beheading the Custodes marched to the Assassinorum HQ to get the Grand Master to find out he was gone but left a nice gift of a metric fuckton of Eversors.
They fight. All Eversors and plenty of Custodes die.

Matt, get out of here. We play Warammer not Cheathammer

... If you mean Matt from miniwargaming, I am flatered, but no, just a fan.
If you mean Matt from the Ward variety, please go fuck yourself.

And I know they are famous for getting a lot of rules wrong, but I barely play 2 games of warhammer a year, so it never bothered me much. Specially when ever 4 games or so I have to remember new rules.

I though it was just a bunch of IFs and successors fighting the assassins

Also, is anyone else just now realizing how similar the Beheading and the Vandire heresy actually are? 1 guy usurps the other High Lords, Terra gets attacked by a huge contingent of Space Marines, guy dies and the Imperium promises to never do THAT again

>Eversor assassin
>retire

Do yo reckon they have to go around the neighbourhood and let their neighbours know like a sex offender?

Imagine the mess if they died in their sleep and their entire bungalow vaporised.

Dude, 10 thousand years is a goddamn long time. I am surprised we didn't have like... a hundred Vandires.

Yeah but when the life expectancy of the ruling class is 400+, when space marines like the Black Templar Ludoldus can live for millennia, and when high ranking AdMech might technically be immortal, you'd think people would have a longer memory of that shit

400+ is a good stretch, but the oldest human being, sans Emperor, sans space marines (like Dante and Bjorn), was an inquisitor by 700 and only because he lived with the Eldar for a while.

Remember that they don't rule for that long tho. Probably, like Vandire, spent a hundred years working toward it, that is after a 200 year life of achievement in their own field.

Still, must I remind you we had leaders such as Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, Kin and Putin in less than 150 years? People is quick to diss historical lessons and commit the same mistakes over and over.

Only Yang Wenli knows his shit, apparently.

I still petition that every High Lords meeting should start with a quick recap of Vandire and assassingrandmasterduude, ending with "and we all know how painfully THEY died"

Not even close. Solitaires beat Keepers of Secret without effort.

Someone math this shit up

Wait, beast is an eversor? I thought he was an imperial assassin, the ones from the lesser orders.

>Solitaires are the strangest of all Harlequins. They conceal themselves amongst craftworld or Commorrite society, hiding their true nature as they wander from place to place. Only occasionally will these dread figures reveal the monster that lurks beneath the facade, joining a masque for a performance or battle before drifting on once more. At such times they speak and are spoken to only in ritual form, and are feared by most Eldar as an ill omen.

>Despite the dark fate that awaits them, it is said that Solitaires are touched by the Laughing God – that they have his insight into the Fall, and even the nature of the universe. Many Eldar believe that to speak to a Solitaire is to invite a grisly demise, and that should an individual accidentally address or touch one of these lonely beings, they would be better to take their own lives there and then.

Both quotes from Codex: Harlequins.

Doesn't he also slice its eyes out. I remember that scene being weirdly detailed.

>not reading the highest quality of literature put out by black library to remind you exactly what kind of setting warhammer is

Combat is largely random in nature, either one could win.