Tundra civ ep.53

Hello and welcome everyone, new and old players alike! This is Tundra civ, a civ thread series in a fictional, non-fantasy setting where you play as the rulers of the White Republic, a nation in a world similar to our own.
Check out the pastebin for story, technologies, stats etc.
pastebin.com/t7gWa2pa
And an archive of previous threads if you want to skim through some of them.
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.tg/subject/Civ/username/Civ bulgar/page/1/

Previously on Tundra civ:
The dictator Atanius oversaw the annexation of the pajit vassals and the deportation of all pajit and ramki from Aymsland. During his rule we also returned to economic and political stablity. The Imperator retired and spent his last years in the countryside and was sent off as a hero by many in our nation.
Technology has been advancing as the first airplanes and submarines have been built. Mankind continues forward and the White Republic remains the strongest nation in the world.

>Population:100 000 000 (80% white, 15 % chink,1%hibibi, 2% darkskin,2% pacharnati)
>Colonials: 18 00 000 Eyerdar 8 300 000 Veita 8 200 000 Ocras

>Economy:8//10
>Food stockpiles:8/10
>Food production: 8/10
>Political Stability: 7/10
>A.Exploration
>B.Food production & Population growth
>C.Improve religion/culture
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws

Made a map of Aymsland's Regions, started writing a new Paste about lore, currently describing each Region.

The NPU has grown rapidly in population, over 33 million in total, after we deported all pajit and ramki from Aymsland and the annexation of the Barniju Spice Islands by the NPU.

>G.Research science

F

G. lets get more science, lets work more on getting planes, lighter and stronger metals.

Rolled 56 (1d100)

Aeronautics are the cutting-edge of modern technology across the world - scientists in every nation are competing to design better aircraft. The Kaichou have made their first airplanes and are still in the lead in regards to airships and other lighter-than-air transports.
Several government-sponsored aviators have been making progress, while private enterpreneurs in Ocras and Veita have also been investing in their own projects, seeing the potential of the aircraft. We've invented the parachute, landing gear and other vital components that are being used in new designs for monoplanes and biplanes.
The military has begun to take interest in aircrafts as valuable tools for scouting, as they can be used for aerial photography of enemy positions.
In other fields of science, advances have been made in medicine(successful blood transfusion) and chemical products - the first fully synthetic plastic, bakelite, has been created by scientists in Victory.
Roll for event

>56
Could be worse.

The global demand for oil has increased, yielding great profits for magnates such as Sittars Petroleum.
Enterpreneurs in New Mikson, Veita, have worked together with scientists to synthetically produce ammonia in industrial qualities. This compound gas is being used in Veita's growing chemical industry.
In other news, the Kaichou have constructed a great new flagship, a battleship of immense size and firepower, a true dreadnought!

>Population:102 000 000 (80% white, 15 % chink,1%hibibi, 2% darkskin,2% pacharnati)
>Colonials: 18 20 000 Eyerdar 8 500 000 Veita 8 400 000 Ocras

>Economy:7//10
>Food stockpiles:8/10
>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws

H. Build aircraft carriers.

>I.Improve economy
A monopoly on oil would make us unstoppable.

>G.Research science

OR

>I.Improve economy

I change mine to I, we Saudi now. Also having something to lord over the world Is nice.

H. Put an emphasis on cruisers and dreadnoughts combined with lighter destroyers and frigates armed with torpedoes.

>E.Construction
I want us to continually develop our communications to make sure we keep a strong hand on the colonies.

Develop the worlds first trans oceanic cables to all four continents, and build larger and more powerful radio towers to supplement them.

I feel we should avoid build battleships, as we are all aware of how that line of research ends and should instead focus on creating submarines, in order to eliminate enemy vessels without being detected. Also cause Submarine-aircraft-carriers I love the concept of us colonising under the water.

I feel cruisers mixed with nimble destroyers would be the best navy. A aircraft carrier at this point would be too expensive and pointless since our planes are still for scouting. Destroyers are also better then submarines in my opinion since they can still provide fire support and defend convoys. Also destroyers would be cheaper then submarines which we would have to research.

The government won't miss this opportunity to get some of that sweet oil cash. So far private enterprises have been more successful than the oil wells and refineries the government holds, but we've got reach and resources that private companies don't. Geologists have discovered abundant deposits in the Junutu Isles and we'll be capitalising on that, though profits will start to flow after a while.
In other news, it seems the Prizzid have finally managed to form a single, unified government! As a vassal region they were an exception in that it was a loose confederacy of competing city-states, but they've now united under the Prince of Kayans and his constitutional government after centuries of conflict.

>Population:103 000 000 (80% white, 15 % chink,1%hibibi, 2% darkskin,2% pacharnati)
>Colonials: 18 30 000 Eyerdar 8 600 000 Veita 8 500 000 Ocras

>Economy:7//10
>Food stockpiles:7/10
>Food production: 7/10
>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws

oh damn, missed a get

H. Let's get subs, the invisible navy!

>H.Improve Navy

We dominate the world both in economy and military. Now to work on the cultural imperialism.

H. Cruisers and frigates armed with torpedoes are the way to go.

>H.Improve Navy
Do have any dedicated Enemies? Or are the Pajit still around

The Occidental Axis between the White Republic, Sunset Alliance and Greater Kaichou Empire still stands. The only other independent nation is the New Pajit Alliance, which is neutral towards the others and has not been at war against any of them.
We will be developing our navy further, but in which direction?
A.High-Seas fleet of powerful battleships and dreadnaughts will form the core of our navy, wielding devastating firepower for both naval engagements and coastal bombardment
B.A mixed and versatile fleet of all ship types and submarines
C.More focus on lighter ships and submarines
This is an important decision to make, consider argumentation.

Nope, our only possible enemies are

1) The "New Pajit Union" - The remnant state of the old pajit empire from our war against them. Currently believed to be under the influence of the spires, with a population of a third of ours and growing.

2) Internal revolution, civil wars, etc

3) The organisation or as they are also know the "spires"

4) A sudden betrayal by our allies

5) Alien invasion

>B.A mixed and versatile fleet of all ship types and submarines

B.A mixed and versatile fleet of all ship types and submarines

We have survived by being versatile and well-rounded. Also, should we extend the whole militia system to private property like boats?

B

A
Let's build Dreadnoughts

I say C, subs were devestating to enemy fleets and trade during ww2, they can ve used to incredible effect.

B
I'm back guys, and ready to roll

>and ready to roll

Sir, we don't have a need for another Chernobyl yet so please save your rolls for when we need them!

Trusted Councilor nice to see you.
I guess my luck has not gone unnoticed.

Afternoon gents what are we up to

>B.A mixed and versatile fleet of all ship types and submarines

Deciding on our naval focus, then i would assume improving our industry, culture and science.

Buiding ships and hoarding oil so far.
Unlucky rolls are the best desu, They provide the best entertainment.

Great effort has been put into the expansion and modernisation of our navy. We've constructed a dreadnought of our own to serve as a grand flagship - the WRS Junus is the most powerful sea-faring vessel we've ever constructed, capable of giving and withstanding great punishment. While we continue to build battleships, we're also looking to have a versatile fleet - we've had the main shipyards of each continent specialize their production - Coasttown builds battleships, Newport builds cruisers and frigates, New Mikson builds destroyers and submarines and the shipyards of Ocras provide many transport ships and other light vessels.

>Navy:1 dreadnoguth,10 battleships,24 cruisers,40 destroyers,5 submarines;steam transports

Our latest projects have been quite expensive, our defence budget has resulted in the Treasury having to borrow some money.

>Population:105 000 000 (80% white, 15 % chink,1%hibibi, 2% darkskin,2% pacharnati)
>Colonials: 18 50 000 Eyerdar 8 700 000 Veita 8 600 000 Ocras

>Economy:6//10
>Food production: 7/10
>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws

Mixed fleet
were spread far and wide we'll have to deal with many types of warfare if we have to fight on the water

Economy

>G.Research science
We must maintain our edge.

>I.Improve economy

I improve our economy
We need to have the best economy in the world.

I. lets increase our stakes in the oil game. this will be crucial, whoever controls oil controls a lot more than just that.

>I. Improve Economy

We can't have a budget deficit.

Currently though we have to stabilise our finances and modernise our industry.

Steps will be taken to balance the budget and improve our financial situation.
What general economic direction will we take for now?
A.A more capitalistic approach - lower taxes, cut unnecessary spending, generate more natural growth in the free market, will appease the middle class and the Southsea Coalition
B.Continue the mixed model we have, expand government revenue without harming the free market or reducing our spending too much, won't make people any group in particular like or dislike the government more, more gradual growth
C.More government involvement in the economy - will generate the most immediate profits and expand the government's control over resources and production, allow more investments into either military or social programs, but will hinder the free market

B. the middle ground here i think would be best, cultivate some free market, but maintain a strong governmental overwatch of it. Also, it doesnt mean we cant cut superfluous spending, that is something we should always seek to do.

>B.Continue the mixed model we have, expand government revenue without harming the free market or reducing our spending too much, won't make people any group in particular like or dislike the government more, more gradual growth.
We need dirigisme, also sorry for being late guys.

>B. Continue the mixed model we have, expand government revenue without harming the free market or reducing our spending too much, won't make people any group in particular like or dislike the government more, more gradual growth

We want to stay Neutral.

>C.More government involvement in the economy - will generate the most immediate profits and expand the government's control over resources and production, allow more investments into either military or social programs, but will hinder the free market

B

B.Continue the mixed model we have, expand government revenue without harming the free market or reducing our spending too much, won't make people any group in particular like or dislike the government more, more gradual growth

B.

B Keep it going

Rolled 83 (1d100)

We've finally begun getting some revenue from our investments in the Junutu Isles, financial stability has been restored
Event roll

Yes!

Conservative Chancellor Darian Progen's policies have been successful in the new economic boom we are experiencing. He's been re-elected in a massive landslide over his liberal competitor from Ocras, Fargyl Mors.
Chairman Gu Yam Sum of the Sunset Alliance has praised our Chancellor and expressed the desire to improve trade relations with us - he wishes us to sign an agreement that would see lower tariffs in trade between our two countries and the connection of our railway networks.

The tarif adjustments would need to be focused in more detail but I'm all for the rail connection

im wary of signing a trade deal like that, that would endanger our own industries.but i think the rail line is a good idea, as long as they have comparable tech and safety regulations for their trains.

ah cripes, forgot me options
A.Accept agreement - boost relations, free trade, transport
B.Only go for the railroad
C.Reject

B

B, but we can make an effort to increase trade, i like our tariffs, but maybe we can cut another deal?

B.

B.Only go for the railroad

Point out that thanks to our laws (Working hours, wages, working conditions, etc), their businesses can out-compete us and thus we must protect our economy.

Also point that due to our laws our people live longer, and can work for more years. Also the workers are more productive since they have time to rest in the weekend

We've gone with the railroad only, our current trade arangement suits us.
Another issue has been proposed at today's agenda in Parliament: The Ruins of Vajni
Vajni was capital of the mighty Pajit Empire. It was destroyed from the inside and out as a result of a long siege during the War of Krushid Liberation and it led to the ultimate destruction of the Empire. What has remained is an empty shell - it was not a city that was razed to the ground, its cize is still spectacular even today. It was the center of the pajit nation and all roads led to Vajni, which is why to this day roads and railroads in the southeast pass by the ruins. Vajni is inhabited only by some scavengers and squatters and has served as a grim reminder to all our enemies for centuries, but the pajit have now been exiled.
A.Destroy what remains, make a great new city on its ashes
B.Make a new settlement, but preserve parts for historic study
C.Clear enough for the roads to pass, but leave the ruins there, archeologists can study them freely
D.Other

C. no need to waste money rebuilding a sad reminder of a failed empire. only archaeologists would have any interest in that.

C.Clear enough for the roads to pass, but leave the ruins there, archeologists can study them freely

After we have studied the shit out of it we can turn it into a tourist trap.

B

It's a nice spot for trade and a possible military base I say we rebuild it into a new settlement and preserve its historic parts

>C.Clear enough for the roads to pass, but leave the ruins there, archeologists can study them freely
Local historical treasure,we can't allow ourself to forget our past once more.

A. We're builders as well as fighters. We should name it Southernhold since it will probably be the provincial capital there and it did once rival Centerhold in size and grandeur.

B Rebuild it but keep most of it intact as a living ancient city.
I like to keep history of the past.

C

>B

Definitely C. We can start archaeological expeditions and fund museums later.

C keep the past alive

Not to mention that we will be able to;

1) turn it into a tourist trap = Money!

2) Sell relics to other nations for their museums

3) Use it as a place to inspire nationalism in our citizens.

I do love me some three-step plans.

4. Teach they of Inky's grand plan to take the city
5. Everyones dead due to my rolls.

We'll clear some rubble so roads and tracks can pass through the city if need be and allow archeologists to work there.

>Population:109 000 000 (80% white, 15 % chink,1%hibibi, 2% darkskin,2% pacharnati)
>Colonials: 19 000 000 Eyerdar 9 000 000 Veita 8 900 000 Ocras

>Economy:8//10
>Political Stability: 8/10
>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws

C

B: Let's turn the surrounding lands into farmland. Make this a rural landscape with the famous ancient ruin. People love quaint locations with strange histories.

g. lets improve engine technology.

>G.Research science
CHOO CHOO here comes the science train.
>2) Sell relics to other nations for their museums
I don't think we should sell important relics tho, things like hair-combs and little things can go but don't sell them like gigantic scrolls.

by this i mean greater power output, greater efficiency, and smaller size.

G. More science, time to be at (current year)

Yeah we need theses bad boys for our tanks and planes.

C

G
Knowledge is power

We are currently around 1909 in tech
Choose two scientific areas to focus on
A.Military technology
B.Electrical engineering
C.Chemical products
D.Naval technology
E.Industrial technology(Metallurgy, Mechanization and such)
F.Transport

C
E

D
E

B and E. This will help with EVERYTHING else!