Post cards that, for very valid reasons, make you intensely assmad

Post cards that, for very valid reasons, make you intensely assmad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AdSYhwLENvM
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&set=["Lorwyn"]&type= ["Land"]&rarity= [R]&text= ![hideaway]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>blocks only one creature
>isn't indestructible
Jesus Christ, step it up.

This thing was the bane of my existence for years.

>Overload 6U (get out of jail free)

Fuck everything about this card. I recognize it isn't even that good, my friend just asks every goddamned time:
"Do you want to sac a creature?"
"I don't have any creatures on the field and no cards in hand"
"So no? Are you sure?"

Even when this nigger has summoning sickness. I'm going to start boarding in Nevermore, Counterbore, etc.

Ok, man it's enough you can already kill me with your 20/21 birds of paradise.

So how does this work do you just run all 1 mana cantrips and keep untapping your birds of paradise and finding another cantrip with the previous one?

>playing mono black Geth
>weakest player at the table
>"I play Iona and name black"

e p i c

yes

Yep, consider that you also have the filter from Jeskai and usually more than one mana dork, so you can cast more than one mana cantrips.

How much play do all those devoid spells see in EDH nowadays?

Literally are you me

Bane?

Thank god it's nonland.

The worst feel. But yeah, run the Devoid kill spells maybe

If you're mono colour and your friends do this frequently you might want to consider running something like Scour from Existence on the basis that it's very expensive removal but they can't Iona it.

I'm sorry, I heard that in tune with:
>"Do you wanna build a Snowman?"

o/~ Do you wanna sac a creature?
I need to know this for the stack
I have this Demon here.
And you board is clear
But it cannot hurt to ask!
o/~

It's more that my friend manages to drop it every T3 we play EDH, to the point where I think he pulls it and cheats it into his opening hand

Start keeping track. If he doesn't have a lot of card draw (and how could he for less than three mana in black?), then I think the odds are that something like that would be slightly less than one in ten.
In other words, if he draws seven in his opening hand than there's a 1/99+1/98+1/97+1/96+1/95+1/94+1/93+1/92 chance that it appears in his opening hand, or 8.3%. After that, the odds of any given draw are 1/91 on T1 if he isn't on the play and 1/90 T2 and 1/89 T3. All told, that amounts to an 11.7% chance of drawing it if he doesn't go first and only a 10.6% chance if he does.
If you see it more than three games in a row then either he's not shuffling the deck properly, there's more than one Nighthawk in the library, or he's cheating it into his hand. Call his ass on it.

On T3 I mean. If he's got tutors or something then obviously he could play it later game and be fine. But if it smells fishy then it probably is.

>Opponent does this to me
>I'm playing a mono black Volrath deck
>Volrath is already out when he does this
>On my turn swing at him with Volrath
>He lets the damage through.
>In response I discard Draco
>mfw

he even had over 200 life. I've never felt more smug in my life.

Damn I love you.

Are you guys properly cutting decks before games?

Homeward path

I f*cking hate the mere concept of modifying decks because single cards are so broken. It's one thing having your deck be resilient to certain general weaknesses, but this is another issue entirely.

We run our own list of cards and abilities which we feel makes the game 'not fun' for targeted players. Annihilator, Infect, and shit like that.

Some are banned outright from our table. Others we have to let everyone know what we intend to use, so they can select more appropriate decks. E.g. if someone wants to play Annihilator, other people get the chance to go with token decks.

First time this card got used half the players were twiddling their thumbs. Not fun. Probably landing on our little ban list.

youtube.com/watch?v=AdSYhwLENvM

I have never saw Iona being dropped without the targeted player conceding right away in my playgroup. She's treated like a you lose combo basically.

They're not my games but that's a good point. If the deck isn't sufficiently randomized then it's not entirely his fault, but if they are cutting then it's even more apparent that he's stacking his hand.

No one ever plays this card with honest intentions.

>Just start playing Magic, guy who taught me has been playing for a few years.
>Every game on turn 5 or 6, he plays a Mahamati Djinn without fail.
>This continues for almost 20 straight games, I finally pick up on it.
>One day I knock something off the table, notice he's got a couple of magic cards sitting in his lap.
>It's that fucking genie.

Sure, hitting him with pacifism or something else isn't hard, but do you really have to cheat every game to drop such a heavy hitter?

> Master of Trickery

Are you sure it wasn't just Cheatyface? That would make it arguably legal.

Out skilled.

>Playing 6 person EDH game
>I'm currently "winning"
>Notice the person hosting the game looking at his next few cards
>call him out on it
>Says he's only doing it so that his turn goes faster and says that he wouldn't do it if I didn;t take soo long of a turn
>Say that since I was keeping life every time I caught him doing that I'd deduct 5 life
>Says I can't do that because that's cheating
>mfw

And he wonders why I target him first every game.

>I f*cking hate
>f*cking

its 'fucking shit nigger faggot dicks' user.

Isn't it banned everywhere where it can be banned though?

What confuses me is when people go for Unburial Rites Iona and wait for me to concede like it's an auto win. Then I just teleport behind you pshhh nothing personal kid respond to the trigger with Go for the Throat or Path.

The trigger isn't when Iona enters, it's as she enters, meaning that by the time she's on the battlefield the effect is going.

Thankfully yes. However that doesn't stop casuals with money and no concept of a banlist from subjecting their friends to it.

>What are static effects?

Then you realize it's not even my final form a static effect.

I see. We have a nice guy at our shop as a judge - who's a really nice guy until someone tries to pull shit or starts swearing of which I am guilty the most often because despite years of legal education I swear like a stevedore . Then he has no mercy.

The cards that piss me off are planeswalkers. Fuck planeswalkers. I hate them so much, especially in Standard right now where there are no ways to remove them in U/W.

>play a guy at game day
>he spams Jaces, Nahiris and Gideons costing alltogether maybe 3 times over my 200 bucks deck
>Can't remove anyone but Jayce on spot
>Jace lowers the damage of my weenies
>Literally spend the day figuratively sucking dick

>Iona
"As" denotes a replacement effect that occurs at the same time as ETB. There's no point in time at which Iona is on the battlefield and thus a valid kill spell target yet not denying your African traditions..

Ah, I've misunderstood it's nature then. I suppoze I have quite a few games I shouldn't have won n over this.

In a skithiryx deck. "Why even play?"

Am I a cunt for playing the Darkest Hour in a token sac Teysa Scion EDH deck?

Eh, it's an easy mistake to make. Everybody's so used to triggers that "as" being different flies under the radar. I've had to explain it often enough that it's firmly filed under the "common harmless mistakes" column in my head. It also doesn't help that it's not immediately obvious that it has to work that way for Iona.

One good way to remember how "As ~ enters" effects work is to look at the cycle of rare dual lands from Lorwyn: If they were triggers, you'd be able to get mana from them when you dropped them even if you didn't show anything.
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&set=["Lorwyn"]&type= ["Land"]&rarity= [R]&text= ![hideaway]

Depends on what you're using that engine to run, same as any infinite engine.

Am I looking at the wrong cards or misreading your post? That combo makes Volrath a 22/20 for one turn, doesn't it? It's heavy, but it's for one turn, and against someone who has over 200 knocks them to no less than 178 health.

Commander damage bub

It's EDH, Commander damage is a thing

>If a player has been dealt 21 points of combat damage by a particular Commander during the game, that player loses a game.
Ah, thanks. I don't generally play Commander stuff, so I completely forgot that's a thing.

That card is fun though.

Giggled like a retard, thanks user.

>4 player EDH
>GW player plays Iona and says black
>Complains that the other three players with B/U, B/R, and B/W are targeting him with everything we have, even ignoring two opportunities we had to kill each other.
>Finally his Life runs out and we are stuck awkwardly trying to kill each other while the Iona player pouts.

If the other players were better at the game they would have been vying for position to take advantage of the iona player dying, holding back removal, chipping away at the other players.

How has nobody brought it up yet?

SIEGE
FUCKING
RHINO

Yeah. Except the B/U guy had so many fucking counter spells in his hand that all the good removals we saved up were fucking useless.

This card, man.

I was so glad that card is uncommon, really helps with budget control decks.

Not Magic, I know, but that one Yugioh card that makes you play with your library upside down. (I forget the name.)
WHY DOES IT EVEN EXIST.

>control
>casting a 3 mana tempo card

God, Veeky Forums is REALLY bad at magic.

I fucking hate this card, it's so pushed. Jesus Christ, at least they could have made it a 2/2. Seriously, it's already an evasive lifelink deathtoucher for 3. What were they thinking?

Come to think of it, R&D is fucking terrible at pushing cards without breaking them. Siege Rhino had a similar problem, I think, as did Skullclamp: both were considered too bad by R&D, so they broke them.

Oh, shit.
I just realized that I want this card now.

Best post currently on Veeky Forums.

So, it's a 1-mana minor annoyance to anyone who isn't playing blue, to whom it is a slightly larger annoyance but still not a threat?

I can see why someone (who is a filthy blue player) would be mad salty about this.

No jury would convict you.

Oh god, Jeskai ascendancy Spikeshot Goblins

Makes my blood boil just looking at it

Fuck this fucking cocksuck of a shitass niggerfaggot.

Ah, if it isn't my EDH Commander

He goes great with Maralen of the Mornsong

You're a bad person
But I like the way you think.

You want a general that you can play on T2 that can go infinite on T4? You got it boss. It's my fault for not stopping you.

You want to cast Eldrazi for free? Sure man more power to you.

But why in the holy mother of god did they give it protection from B/W? That's bullshit and you all know it.

You must just love Dross Scorpion, Krank-Clan Ironworks, and Nuisance Engine, don't you?

it came from a removal heavyset so it needed to be that much of a workhorse to even be playable
now it just stciks around

countered, god if you cant handle it then you are just a fucking pussy

Words cannot begin to describe just how much I hated this card, and how much I still hate it to this day.

Why did I link that post? It's not supposed to be linked.
please ignore my drunk faggotry, Veeky Forums

I was fine with it until everyone started calling it swagtusk. Hearing that shit constantly drove me up the wall more than the actual card.

I will say it definitely should not have cost only 1 green in its CMC. Made it way too splashable.

God! And everyone thought Rhino was so goddamned bad. At least if you killed it at the end of the turn it came in, all they did was drain life off you, then that was it. This motherfucker right here got on my last nerve because he left lil' bastards to remember him by. And no one ever played Just One. They had to have four and fuck up your day.

Thragtusk (and Snaps, and Restoration Angel) made Innistrad Standard just fucking awful.

And now that we're back at Innistrad, we have this $50 bastard as the obligitory 4-of in every deck.

God, I fucking hate Innistrad.

Hearing that shit constantly drove me up the wall more than the actual card.

>tfw college playgroup is fucking obsessed with memes
>a guy named Dan plays a plains
>"Hahahahaha, hey Daniel!"
>"What?"
>"DAAAAAMN DANIEL, BACK AT IT AGAIN WITH THE WHITE LANDS!"
>Daniel laughs hysterically and repeats it back to the first guy
>first guy repeats it AGAIN
>first guy builds Ayli and goes "ayy lmao" every time he casts her
>want to build Gitrog; weighing how fun it'll be to play against them calling it the Gitgud toad, hypnotoad, or Pepe
>cast a dragon
>"Hahaha Shivan DUHRGUN"
>cast fucking ANYTHING
>"BROOO THE VALUUUUUEEEEE SO DOPE"
>literally fucking howling this shit, these are normal people with girlfriends and hobbies and stuff, what the fuck
>can't play a card without somebody fucking YELLING
>if they can't think of a meme they just say the name again louder
make it stop

They're either constantly stoned, or they're black
I see no other options

>Gitgud toad
I laughed, 2bh famalam

I actually know a white supremacist that does nothing but spout memes. I see your point though.

Why you gotta be a dick, man?
Next you're gonna post Broodstar and remind me of the cute girl that used to torment me with it in highschool

I need this card for collection purposes and it's fucking impossible to trade for one without losing a arm.

Of course not: I actually really like Broodstar, so I couldn't post it in this thread. I do have a similar card, though, to jog your memory.
Ah, Mirrodin block. What a time to start playing Magic.

Dammit user, now you're making me all nostalgic about going to my cousin's place for shabbat as a kid and playing magic all night long.

/r9k/: the card

Every green deck. Every game. Always. I hate this card more then Debt to the deathless/E-witness/Oloro/you name it

But Innistrad - Return to Ravnica was one of the greatest standards of all time... you just sound salty.

WHY IS IT INSTANT
WHY DOES IT COST TWO
WHAT THE FUCK
WHY WAS IT PRINTED IN THEROS STANDARD

Fuck Anarch.

Literally the worst, most abusive, unfun, bullshit faction in any CCG, ever.

If you REALLY wanted to be a dick, you could riffle shuffle a few times when its presented to you.

Just boardwipe bruh, ezpz

Dead games shoo.

I agree. The protection just pushes him overboard, and makes him a really awkward Commander to fight against. Shroud and hexproof are fairer, as they treat all colour combinations equally - protection from his enemy colours makes Animar a terrible matchup for any black or white Commander.

I want to play the cheapest removal I can to get rid of him as quick as possible, but the best sources of that are in his protected colours.

At least Innocent Blood can take the smile off his face - on occasion.