ITT: Backstory Brainstorming

I need a backstory to make my necromancer drow with an owl familiar and undead thrall bodyguards interesting.

Also, backstory and character ideas thread I guess. Provide the basics, and respond to someone else's with an idea for that character.

"Hello, there! Glad to meet you! Welcome to the world of Roleplaying! My name is Oak. People affectionately refer to me as the Dungeon Master. This world… …is inhabited far and wide by magical and mythical beings! For some people, these are monsters. For others, these are people like you and me. As for myself… I just keep everything running smoothly. But first, tell me a little about yourself. Now tell me. Are you a boy? Or are you a girl?"

I'll play a character named George. He walked 47 miles of barbwire, got a brand new house with a chimney made of human skulls, and uses a whip made out of rattlesnake hide. He's just 22 and he ain't afraid to die.

Boy, I guess, I'm playing a guy.

Let's begin with your name. What is it?

Is the end of the whip the rattle?

Graeme Tiveriche

Right… So your name is Graeme Tiveriche. This is your owl. You've been together for quite a while now. …Erm, what was his name now?

I call the owl Arimigo.

Okay. Now I've got a few statements. I want you to tell me how much they sound like something you'd say.
First one. "Conflict just ain't in my nature."

Doesn't sound at all like my char. Not that he willingly goes out of his way to fight people, but he doesn't shy away from it.

Okay. Second one.
I ain't given to relying on others for support.

potentially the best thread on Veeky Forums

Well, nah, he will take it when given, considering he's often waited on by armored undead I don't see why he wouldn't be okay with it.

Waiting with baited breath to see the next game you take questions from, this method is the tits

"I enjoy the company of other drow."

Sure, I would say so, after all it's not like he's some weird recluse, he's just fond of reanimation and playing with bones & freshly-dead corpses.

"I'm slow to embrace new ideas."

Nope. It's how he got into wizardry in the first place, simple curiosity.

>A man
>enjoying the company of any matron
u sure m8?

Last one before we move on.
"I charge in to deal with my problems head-on."

He's kind of the vanguard when it comes to dealing with his problems, the thralls are just his shields that he can work off and command to move with him in synchronicity.

Alright. It seems like everything's there. Next, I'm going to ask you a few series of questions. Give me a single sentence reply for each, there's not much meaning here, but is still important to know.

1) How old am I?
2) Are my parents still alive?
3) Do I have any siblings?
4) Do I have a significant other?
5) Am I religious?
6) Where did I learn my skills?

>drow
>interesting

>Memelord
>Not contributing anything to the thread like a faggot

1.) 300 years old.
2.) Very much so, send postcards from all the realms they travel to the rich dickbags
3.) A good deal of estranged, illegitimate ones, my parents are swingers, along with a handful of older ones they had before they started being filthy sex fiends.
4.) Nope.
5.) Agnostic, leaning towards worshipping The Raven Queen.
6.) Tutors and personal assistants hired by my parents to look after me and my siblings, the necromantic aspects of my magic use were self taught.

Moving onto a bit more personal
7) Have you ever betrayed someone? Either directly or their expectations?
8) Do I have any heroes or inspirational figures?
9) Have I ever had a run in with the law or other authority figure?
10) How important is money to me?
11) Why did I start adventuring?

That's all for now, I'm headed to sleep! Good night!

7.) I did betray my tutor once, stole a grimoire of his, and that is currently my noted, scribbled on, dogeared, and tattered spellbook.
8.) Again, my tutor, he was fantastic at casting powerful transmutation and summoning spells.
9.) Yes, city guard caught me buying humanoid body parts under the guise it was meat for cooking. I was just trying to build up some security outside of my room.
10.) Pretty important considering I come from a family of merchants and guild heads, I've basically been surrounded by luxury all of my life.
11.) To expand my humble knowledge of necromantic magic, and to bring back riches and items to my family to trade.

This was pretty goddamn fun!

So when are you fuckers are gonna post bases to work off of