Android: Netrunner General - /anrg/

>Question of the day:
How likely is it that the news is a big box containing whats been designed of the next cycle, which will be the last ANR product as it gets the axe to make way for L5R and V:TES

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Android Netrunner Official FFG News & Spoilers:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-card-spoilers

>Floor rules
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/66/62/66628aed-d2e3-41c3-9ea2-1caae96b104f/adn-floor-rules.pdf

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c9/e5/c9e522d2-d9f6-4053-9a80-684198c25fa5/adn_faq_v301.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>Netrunner Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (You’ll need to build it yourself)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
teamcovenant.com/blog/category/netrunner-lcg/
cardgamedb.com/index.php/index.html/_/android-netrunner
stimhack.com/

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

jinteki.net
vekn.net/
tw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why are the buildings on fire?

Because of Scorched Earth

How often does Scorched Earth causes flatlines nowadays? Personally I've only ever used it to empty out the Runner's hand.

That sounds prohibitively expensive, unless its against criminals and you can snipe an important breaker since their rigs are so brittle.

I'll go to Scorch anarchs and hit I've Had Worse with the first pretty often, but with Jackson Howard and Archived Memories I can pull the Scorches back to keep the fear alive.

So what do you guys think of pic? I've been playing around with him in some HB decks on Jinteki and he seems pretty strong.

...Everytime it's played? At least thats the only time you should consider playing it, especially with Salem's to get rid of IHW

What would be some strategies to using it then? I currently have a weyland deck with midseasons and data ravens for tags, but knowing other possibilities is always nice. Is it also mostly there for the psychological effect and keep the runners nervous?

What expansions do you have?

SEA Source is a good option for killing with Scorched Earth, playing Sea Source -> Scorched Earth ->Scorched Earth will kill a runner behind a Plascrete and has a very high chance of killing a runner holding an IHW

Only core set and Creation and Control at the moment, though I've played on Jinteki a few times, so card choice isn't a problem. Mostly looking for reliable ways of tagging though, especially in faction with Weyland, and ways to open up opportunities for flatlines, since Runners tend to end at 5 cards, not including Plascretes. So far I've only thought of Midseasons -> DRT + Scorched.

Scorched Earth + Traffic Accident work well, especially with Faust going around, runners ending on 5 cards is rarer

Is there a way to play this online?
All my friends are in different states/timezones and this looks interesting enough to pick up.

jinteki.net

white haired girl with a strand of blue and orange and violet. Why am I getting triggered?

Because you buy into stereotypes or care too much about hair color.

Seems like it would be good in Weyland with Capital investors, melange or even advance ice..

My favourite combo card with scorched is Snare - it makes it much, much easier to kill someone who has got a plascrete on

Really interested in trying Jeeves out - the FA options look interesting for once (I'm not a huge FA fan usually), and I'm interested to see what else can be done with him

That's an interesting idea - what other HB cards would you put in Weyland?
One thing that is cool (assuming you have them all in hand) is that Jeeves enables SEA Triple Scorch.
I'm thinking Weyland, and as you say the Capital Investors combo is nice, but I'm also considering Custom Biotics

>what other HB cards would you put in Weyland?
1-influence
>Corporate Troubleshooter
A classic given the amount of credits Weyland have.
>IT Department
Always fun (or not fun, depends who you ask), the card by itself is a menace that cost 4 to trash.
>Rototurret
A classic, trash and etr
>Team Sponsorship
Always good with so many Hostile Takeover around
>Peak Efficiency
I saw this and thought on all the rezzing cards Weyland has: Executive Boot Camp, OAI, Surat City Grid, Amazon Industrial Zone

If you like the FA option, what's worked for me on Jinteki is Subliminal Messaging then Shipment From SanSan. Playing those two already gives you the 3 clicks spent for Jeeves to trigger since Shipment is a double. Subliminal giving you the click back afterwards is just icing on the cake. Comes out feeling like you're just spending one click to gain a credit AND advance something twice. Which is phenomenal.

>How likely is it that the news is a big box containing whats been designed of the next cycle
I would say very slim, seeing as how big boxes are now eternal. They probably want to keep the amount of eternal cards down for the time being.

>Corporate Troubleshooter/IT Dept.
David makes me sceptical - I've run draco in a gagarin deck that's filthy rich, very fun but david has ruined my day more than once - but with multi-sub it might be an idea.
Also IT Department can benefit from Jeeves, which is nice

>No ID in Salsette Island
>No Weyland ID in Demo and Dogma
Weren't we supposed to get an ID for each faction this cycle ?

Is anyone else having a problem on Jenteki with the Mumbad City Grid decks and not being able to see the whole board?
also any tips aside from account siphon for how to deal with that all in wide mumbad city + museum deck?

Use dat browser zoom. If you still can't manage it, make the room yourself and ask for no asset spam. Oh, wait, you're playing the MCG...

I think the answer to siphon is run a lot of assets that you can dump your money into while also generating passive income. So, the real answer to siphon is the deck you're currently playing.

Now that I think about it. Leverage is brilliant anti Bioethics decks. You either get bad pub to trash things, or prevents all damage to trash Hostile Infrastructures/check archives.

>Oh, wait, you're playing the MCG...
no i mean as the runner

That's fucking brilliant - sure, it requires a HQ run, but it's a crim card, there's nothing new there.
Doesn't help against bio-ethics itself, but everything else is good.
And you can always play more than one

>which will be the last ANR product as it gets the axe to make way for L5R and V:TES
Is there anything to this whatsoever?

Not at all - while it is thought that L5R is taking a fair bit of the LCG design team's attention, there's nothing to suggest netrunner will be affected particularly, other than not being the new game that FFG is heavily promoting.

The V:TES thing is an long-standing /anrg/ joke.

Reminds me of this

and part 2

bump

Why would you represent the card game as a card game, rather than using the in-setting narrative that practically writes itself as the game is played? How flavorful the game is is, like, a third of the appeal, to me.

OH God, at last I can post... that "Posting from your ISP, IP range, or country has been blocked due to abuse." was driving ma crazy (very frustrating to see posts/interesting convos going on without being able to answer).

So... musings on Jank.

This week I built and played some World Plaza variations. Bullet points:

- World Plaza is counterproductive if your goal happens to be smothering the runner's econ via asset spam. Not only does it come not built-in with the trash cost-raising clause of Full Immersion RecStudio, more importantly, from the get go, it kills one of the most meaningful cost-sink you can impact the runner with, by allowing all your assets to be picked off in one click.

There's no way for that strategy World Plaza is EVER going to compete with a mix of 0 cost assets and high costs + Breaker Bay Grid.

- The prototypical asset World Plaza wants to play is Elizabeth Mills. Effect on rez means you can treat her like an operation with potential added benefit later - which will trash her upon use, she's transient. Low trash cost means even if World Plaza is trashed to get at her, you're not caring too much, and more importantly, the runner isn't gaining on the exchange forcing his/her hand in trashing the Plaza anyway

There's complete lack of such Assets. Lilly Lockwell, looks interesting, but at 4 influence a pop far too expensive. The add campaigns (Adonis and Eve are jut too big and calling for immediate trash).

- Capital Investors is actually decent on there. Contract Killer is a bit of a mixed bag, given half it's purpose is to force a run. Exposé is barely worth it given the influence sink. Server Diagnostics... interesting besides, well, being Server Diagnostics.

In the end, I think the card has a lot of potential, but quite simply the assets it wants aren't there yet.

I agree with this analysis. I don't see any combo with this card being better than the same combo without it. What is World's Plaza doing for your deck's game plan? Advancing agendas or protecting servers is the most expensive part of the game for a Corp, and this isn't really supporting either of those goals.

Oh, and most ballsy opening of the month for me, playing Argus: click one Casting Call on Posted Bounty, click two install Dedicated Response Team, click three install Dedicated Response Team.

Pray the runner doesn't have Wanton Destruction to make me discard the Beanstalk Royalties and Scorched Earth from HQ.

I don't remember who mentioned Chakana in Fisk (haven't yet given up on the poor guy... he's interesting to play at least), but thanks, tried it, and actually really liked it when I managed to get it going.

Still in the end preferred The Source + Film Critic given I was playing a Connection deck. Being able to tutor and install the bits and pieces I needed via Hostage was just too good to pass.

But, in another base rig, I think I'd try harder to keep it.

Agreed. The only way I see it is playing Off the Grid. I think what I hate the most about it is that you can't install agendas in it. The dream of having both econ and agendas in the same server ruined.

I don't know how things are elsewhere, but me I think a good majority of my corp wins recently have been kills.

Granted my two decks for a while have been IG and Argus and both kill decks. Faust helps a lot actually. That and the lack of protection all around.

Risky, but I just love that aforementioned Casting Call/Posted Bounty combo in Argus (add Hourglass for a laugh I guess). Time it right and it's murder. Hell, when I started playing that deck, Posted Bounty had been so out of use around here I managed to kill a couple people just playing it straight. They weren't used to it anymore.

Invasion of Privacy is still an old time fave too. Good piece to get rid of of those IHW (haven't tested the new Mumbad tech myself, so I'll refrain to comment on how it compares).

Is a V:TES revival still a meme or has that been confirmed now?

Paradox has been talking to the people here vekn.net/ and they seem to want to do something with the it.
Odds are it won't be a revival since they'd have to get the rights to the rules from WotC.
So it is KIND of still a meme.

I don't know how to take

>A new card game representing the whole Classic World of Darkness, with vampires, mages, werewolves, etc. as playable factions, incompatible with V:TES.

from that survey... would that include a remodeling of original Jyhad using over formats?

Nice to now there are talks at least.

>Invasion of Privacy is still an old time fave too. Good piece to get rid of of those IHW (haven't tested the new Mumbad tech myself, so I'll refrain to comment on how it compares).
Salem's looks a lot better, but the classics aren't aren't entirely dead

Where were you when Slums saved the meta?

>Saved the Meta

Bit late there pal, Kate Apocalypse has already been in the meta for ages

So what are the "must have" cards for Adam?
I want to make it as aggressive as i can.

I wouldn't say a lot. If we're strictly talking about getting rid of IHW before a kill, yeah, it's better. But Invasion of Privacy can allow you to pick the runner's hand clean if played at the right time.

Salem works as targeted (one of the reasons it"s not necessarily better, you need to know what you want to target) erosion. IoP is more of a bomb.

The Alliance mechanic could make it a lot better if imported (Hell, Mumbad City Hall)... but then unless you're specifically importing it to get rid of one card you'll probably also need to import some way to gather data.

On that front, the mythical NBN control deck looks like it might finally be coming.

I'm wondering about the Salem cards in a Gagarin lateral deck. I liked the idea of Student Loans to keep the runner out of reach of burst econ sources, but it was hard to pull. Add the Salems for free, Khala Goda Real TV, Blacklist, Underway Renovation... you now have a lot of tech to (pro)actively ensure those econ cards go into the heap without the runner ever benefiting from them. Add Housekeeping and maybe even Dockland...

Never played adam myself, but a friend that only plays adam always say that public sympathy is essential.

Ok, thanks gonna add that at least to the deck.

Why is katepocalypse a thing?

It's good against wide decks, and kate's more likely than most to be able to recover from it well

The hard thing with that kind of questioning is you're always feeling like your answer is self-evident or already discussed to death, so apologies in advance if any or both.

So, Adam...

Between Safety First, Independent Thinking for surprise mass draw, and Drug Dealer (whose negative side effect uou can turn off via Lovegood) , you have an insanely good rig for Faust. I'd say Faust + Maybe some Overmind (helped by Brain Chip) support is your best breaker bet so far.

I'd say Paricia is your go to solution for lateral decks - you can spare the MU and the 0 install cost perfectly fits.

Public Sympathy vs Brain Cage is always a big debate, some prefer the later for not being trash-able once tagged and less costly, others prefer the former so as not to risk trashing a sensitive card.... depends on how much riss you're willing to take.

Speaking of tags, Dorm Computer is your friend. Allows you still go at it against those pesky tag-ridden NBN servers without a care. Can later be trashed to Independent Thinking once empty.

Then comes the Maker's Eye vs Demolition Run debate. Me I favor the later, if only because of your built in HQ multi-access, but also becasue if you have an opened R&D and a R&D Interface on the table, Demo run allows you to see four cards in two turns, while allowing you to still threaten HQ. Once the Turning Wheel can be added to Adam's rig, there'll be no question for me which I prefer. Some will say Utopia Shard is better bang for your influence buck, but I'd rather not miss access nor can afford to pay 7 credirs in most Adm builds.

>Turning Wheel
Played against this the other day, it's pretty nice - the ability to stack the multiaccess, and not needing a successful run to add a counter to it is very nice

>On that front, the mythical NBN control deck looks like it might finally be coming.
I would kind of like to see that - it's been a long time coming, but I do find it interesting that NBN seems to be getting targeted "damage", that can't kill

There is so many tracer ICE that gingerbread can stand on its own.

I really love the design of that card, and I'm glad it's going to be the de facto replacement to HQI/R&DI post rotation.

It's a much better card in term of balance and fostering play by rewarding runs.

So single i consider myself not good at deck building. What must change or add in your opinion?

-3 cards.

-3 what cards?

+1 Sure gamble
-3 dorm Computer
-2 Always be running
-3 Neutralize all threats
-2 Safety first

- the extra copies of your directives for a start

So if i delete those, what do i add?

But daily casts and public sympathy are already there.

It's spring, I am blind because of allergies.

I know that feeling user.

You don't need all those extra copies of your directives (not to mention since you already have one of each installed at the start, unless you own 2 boxes of D&D, you shouldn't have enough copies to put three in your deck anyway); you might want maybe one of each in case you or the corp trash them, but two is a bit much and three is overkill I think.

Dorm Computer, dependent on how tag-aggressive your meta, I'd say keep at least a couple for testing for now. You'll know whether you want more or less.

Independent Thinking, I'd say go with two, maybe even one; sure you can feed supernumerary copies to Faust, but you could be putting something useful instead. It's a card you're unlikely to play more than once, more than two makes little sense when you have no Levy.

In case you're suffering a lot against some specific ICE, Hunting grounds could prove useful too. Both for its effect and for the aforementioned Independent Thinking.

I liked Data Folding a bit in Adam, played it with Carreer Fair. Had a bit more 3-cost resources though... generally speaking, clicks are at premium, you want as much drip everything as you can get.

I'm somewhat amazed at no E3 Feedback Implant. Probably so automatic in my mind in Adam I didn't even think about mentioning it. With Faust/Overmind and NAT, it's a must have I would say.

I'm allergic to car exhaust, so it's all year round for me. I can sympathize, though. That shit is maddening. The sleep deprivation is the worse though.

Hmm, something needs to be changed, because influence becomes problem.

That's 47 cards, not counting the directives, right?

Yes, but aside from that, i feel like something is missing or is wrong.

What's the dorm computer for?

So that i can run safely against some corps.

tw tch.tv/frontiergamingchannel

Go there and support our guy Nyan once he's on cam.

I don't think you're ever not going to be tight on influence with Adam. That being said, in foreword: you don't need to cram all propositions in your deck at once. Go with something a bit more raw, play, see what needs to be amended, keeping in mind what you didn't use, what fits. Well, at least that's how I like to build myself.

So, must have been a misunderstanding, you added more click-to-econ cards (Armitage, Kati...) just as I was pointing you probably could enjoy more drip (Data-Folding for one).

Another user recommended more Sure Gamble. I don't know that I like it in there myself. You'll see upon play, make your own opinion, but in Adam I find it hard to keep above the 5 credits range you need for it to be playable. And just about as hard to climb back to those five credits.

I'd say get one Paricia out. You can probably do with only two Faust too. That's what my later build ran. It's uncomfortable, but manageable.

Tag heavy meta, I don't know where user plays, but me it was all NBN tag-wahetver while I was playing Adam, the Dorm Comp was a life saver. Not to mention Independent Thinking food. Obviously, if no one plays that where he plays, there's little point...

Oh, and *do* keep the Drug Dealers. These + Neutralize All Threat are the engine of your deck.

Oh, and since I'm a jank lover at heart, in spite of ALL: Bug + Mulithreader love.

That thing cracked me up.

>Bug + Mulithreader
kek

Does it work though? - Bug's not written like a breaker or SMC/Savoir-faire, where the effect is clearly a paid ability

I tested it specifically because Multithreader is one of the rare sources (only other one I can think of is Omnidrive with its classic Netshield combo) of recurring credits for programs that do not come with the necessity of being played with Icebreakers attached.

The credits don't have to be used for a paid ability - case in point, you can use Cyberfeeder to raise Darwin's strength. Or with Femme Fatale.

>Or with Femme Fatale.
Ah, yeah if you can use it for that then yeah, bug's good

One thing I sometimes wonder, especially with, as points out, the theme of netrunner being so strong, do your guys decks play in a way that fits the theme of the ID you're playing?

Like Gagarin, that's probably the best Weyland ID to be vanilla, for example.

>to be vanilla
Doh, I mean vegan.

This is what happens when you drink and post

Yes, I do. I often pick cards that fits the ID for flavour reasons over a better choice.
For instance, picking Daily Casts over Liberated Accounts for a Reina deck, just to broadcast all the wrongdoings of the Corps.

Fuck I wish Headlock Reina was at least semi viable anymore.

With any luck next cycle will get some good vertical stuff and fix the econ spiralling out of control and she'll make a comback

I love theme deck. Even better, theme deck buit in pir to be played against each other. Makes for great game.

One of the players at the local club is a huge Kit fan, and over games he created that silly banter talk about Kit being a Reina fangirl... so for next week I'm building a Kit bad pub deck using Fan Site/Frame Job and DaVinci/Activist Support.

Going to be fun.

maybe Diwan Reina?

I don't think so. At least not straight headlock as generally played right now.

Reina is devastating in the early game. Her forte are rush and to a lesser extent FA decks I find. She's never going to be as good as the Whiz against the slow, asset heavy meta.

Part of the thing Diwan is going to address is that the building of a server by itself is going to possibly become a hefty tax, no rez needed.

Bhagat is going to be interesting Lamprey support given you wants to aggro HQ anyway...

Maybe a deck abusing the cheap, 1 cost trash on purge virus with fester support?

Nice.

I have to say, I do like that the IDs that get the best out of Turtlebacks are the moon-based Corp that produces them and the Corp that does the most research regarding space operations, construction and exploration

So Veeky Forums, I've been toying around with a really, really shitty combo deck. How does it make you feel?

Whizzard: Master Gamer

Event (20)
1x Amped Up
2x Career Fair ••
2x Déjà Vu
3x I've Had Worse
3x Inject
3x Inside Job ••••• ••••
1x Levy AR Lab Access •••
3x Sure Gamble
2x Surge

Hardware (5)
3x EMP Device
2x Grimoire

Resource (14)
3x Adjusted Chronotype
3x Daily Casts
1x Hades Shard •
3x Liberated Account
1x Salsette Slums
3x Wyldside

Icebreaker (1)
1x Faust

Program (6)
3x Incubator
3x Medium

15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Salsette Island

NYAN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is a nightmare. Untimed IG.

HE SUBMITTED THE WRONG DECKLIST AND INSTANTLY LOST THE GAME

A fitting outcome for such a shitty playing experience.

So whens the next news item? I wanna see the next cycle that's gonna unfuck up the meta

Alright. So I've gone through the rules once and I've watched the tutorial.

Is there anyone on Jinteki that I can PM and get a test game going? I've literally never played before so be prepared for a ton of questions.

Hey, Veeky Forums, what's the best place to sell Netrunner cards in bulk?

As in, drop my collection.

Your FLGS

>How does it make you feel?

Like my mind is full of fuck. I can't even work out your game plan.

Something about glory runs with mediums, but then why no Hivemind?

How do you Bank Job?

Lately I've been installing bank jobs the turn before I run.
If they take the bait they'll protect the remote, then I play High Stakes Job for maximum profit.

Core days: don't forget to leave one credit on Bank Job to Aesop it later.

I do prefer to leave Bank Job on the table as a way to force the corp to protect remotes.

Hope I didn't come off as rude, I do have a hard time finding your strat here... the EMP device especially.