XP question

Hey, fellow DMs/GMs, I've a question for you. If one of your players managed to orchestrate the death of an entire army or city, due to disease, fantasy napalm, etc., would you aware that player the XP for killing every soldier/civilian?

I would figure how hard it was for him to create whatever the concoction was and then how many npcs in the group would have been a decent challenge. From that, I would give him minimum xp unless he had a hand in keeping the targets in area or had an in character idea to keep them in place to be effected by it.

If, in any of this, he used out of character knowledge, I would not reward him any points. I had to put this system into place after he started trying to use chemistry in WoD and it almost drove the group apart when I had enough and told him that his 2 dot intelligence character's home made explosives did not work no matter how much the player knew.

No.

You get xp for killing enemies who are a challenge. If anything the disease gets xp

Depends on what game I'm running. I would never go "herp derp you killed 10000 people worth 10xp each, so I guess I have to give you 100000 xp".

Very, very few tabletop RPGs actually give out experience points for each individual creature you destroy.

Killing 30k 1st level commoners and 5k 1st level warriors aint as easy as it sounds.

Cute.

What if their actions killed them, though? Is lighting a fuse different than stabbing someone? The result is the same.

That doesn't relate to anything I wrote. Did you mean to reply to someone else, or are you confused?

Depends on the edition if you are talking dnd.

We start rolling it back and have a couple fighters making sweeping attacks and you have a 10 minute fight if they do not run. A 20 minute at best if they do.

We switch games and put those commoners as a swarm in the WH 40k rpgs and a seasoned group of guardsmen with half decent weapons could kill 100-500 a round.

Unless we are talking like starting level WoD or gurps when playing in a modern setting, killing base commoners is just a bet against attrition.

OP, you've never actually played a tabletop RPG, have you?

If one of your players did battle with 10k mooks, would you not give him or her the XP?

And I'm pretty sure neither WH40k RPGs or WoD hands out xp based on every individual enemy you kill.

Yes. I would give an amount depending to how challenging it was, or how important to the mission or story it was. But that doesn't directly relate to the exact number of enemies.

40k got close with only war. Detailed method, with people who know the system and gm that likes to make meat grinder encounters can average 2000xp a session.

Pretty terrifying once you realize that for 8000xp, an Only War character that focused on combat is easily on the same punch level as a space marine of equivalent xp and only gets more insane.

>would you aware that player the XP for killing every soldier/civilian

Depends what level they are.

You like your women half backed, antiquated pieces of shit from a bygone era?

Obviously. If he plays D&D, he's used to having comically low standards.

Quite you, adults are shit flinging.

I was gonna say "thick and from the '90s" but that works too

>Quite

Clearly an adult.

>You're